Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum (28094 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Pirates Attack Polish Ship In Niger Delta, Kidnap 5 / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2013
A dreaded and ‘most wanted’ kidnap kingpin in Delta State who doubles as leader of the new Liberation Movement of the Urhobo People (LIMUP) today gave President Goodluck Jonathan a stunning 60-day ultimatum to address the sufferings of the Urhobo as well as grant amnesty to kidnappers or face attacks on oil facilities in the area.

Known simply as Kelvin, the bandit, who wore a mask and was surrounded by members of his gang who were dressed in military fatigues, said at a press conference that if Jonathan failed to address what he described as the ‘gross marginalization’ of the Kokori community and grant unconditional amnesty to kidnappers, he will have no option than to shut down oil facilities.

Present at the occasion were members of the Kokori, Ethiope East Local Government Area community, who expressed admiration of Kelvin and his men.

“The reason why we are here today is because of the continuous cheating of our people by the Federal government. The federal and state governments have been suffering us and now we want them to hear us because for over 50 years now they have been drilling oil from our community (Kokori), which is the second best oil in this country.

“Yet we have nothing to show for it, the community has no road, they do wooden bridges in areas that need a formidable bridge that will last for a long time. There is hunger everywhere, graduates have no work. So we want the government to listen to us. In fact we are giving the federal government 60 days ultimatum to listen to us or else we will shut down all the well heads in the area,” he threatened.

Kelvin, who was declared ‘most wanted’ by security agents last year for allegedly masterminding a high profile kidnap and killing some security personnel, rejected the names he and his gang have been called. He declared them as being far from the truth, stressing that the mission and vision of his group is nothing but to draw the attention of the world to the criminal neglect of his oil-bearing community and the Urhobo nation.

According to the visibly angry Kelvin, “For over fifty years, they have exploited our land in the guise of oil exploration with nothing to show for it in terms of development. There are no good roads, no industries for the youths to work, our women and mothers cannot farm again because of the devastating effect of the oil exploration on our land.

“Fifty years of oil exploration has left our men prostrate without no meaningful source of livelihood. Most of them can no longer fend for their families and all attempts to draw the attention of the State Government and the Federal Government of Nigeria to the plight of the community have been greeted by repression, so we have no other alternative than to bear arms against the nation, in order to drive home our demands since the only language Nigeria understands is violence.”

Asked Kelvin, “When the Ijaws and Itsekiris where agitating with arms, we the Urhobo youths chose to be peaceful, but what did we get? We are rather left out completely in the amnesty program. Is it not the same oil that the Ijaws and Itsekiris produce that is also produced in Kokori, which has the second best oil in Nigeria? So what is our crime?”

He said that his group does not fear the army, should the government want to send it in, warning that when his group is ready to attack, “no amount of security” can stop them as they have the backing of “top people” in Nigeria and abroad.

“The reason why they have been hearing of the name Kelvin is because of what I just told you now. I am the Kelvin; I am like two million Kelvin. I am not a kidnapper. What is happening as a result of our activities in the state and the country is for the federal government to know that we are angry,” he explained.

He warned that the cease fire and peace currently being enjoyed in Delta State was not the work of men of the Joint Task Force or of large numbers of security men parading the streets, but that his group had simply decided to give peace a chance by giving the State and Federal Government the benefit of the doubt.

However, he warned, “After this 60 days ultimatum, if we do not see any meaningful attempt by the authorities to address our plights, we would shut down all oil facilities in Urhobo land and there is no amount of security personnel that can stop us. I know I cannot fight the federal government alone but I will do things that will touch their marrow.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%98most-wanted%E2%80%99-delta-kidnap-kingpin-gives-president-jonathan-60-day-ultimatum-address-deman

11 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by mekaboy(m): 12:21am On Sep 19, 2013
Jonathan don suffer for this him people. A mans greatest enemy are from his own home. The north on one hand jonathan pple on the other hand.

Amnesty for kidnappers? Wonders shall never end. Wetin prostitutes dey wait to demand amnesty or else they spread HIV and AIDS anyhow.

This oil has become a curse.

40 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by hardniola(m): 12:29am On Sep 19, 2013
amnesty for kidnappers.

Am not surprise.

It is our region nd it is our OYEL

5 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by redsun(m): 12:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Every creek dweller in the delta has the right to fight against the immortal injustices bestowed on them as a result of oil exploration in their land.It is either they fight for what is right for them or have their hands twisted like they have been for decades.

11 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Stunner1(f): 1:05am On Sep 19, 2013
action film
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Dpeacemaker101: 1:22am On Sep 19, 2013
Abeg what is this country turning to? GEJ you don hear am, God will see you through

3 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by fr3do(m): 1:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Once this one recieves a ghana-must-go,he will abandon his course.

I feel their plight
in other countries,these companies wont dare pollute their land.it the government I blame,6 largest producer of crude oil has no body concerned directly with enviromental pollution.

5 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 19, 2013
Lol! hope d sixty days take effect immediately he flies from wall street to his beloved dungeon.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by raytony: 2:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Make I help Kelvin dey count am. 59 days to go!

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 19, 2013
It is well, fresh air of trouble, war drums sounding so loud now in Nigeria, it will take the Mercy of God to Intervene as to the reactions of the Niger Deltans if Jonathan Looses the 2015 Election, because i can sense that any move to Neglect that region after Jonathan will result to something else, This is because of how the whole Amnesty thing have shown them how profitable it is to accept Crime, now their eyes are wide open hoping to hit another FG/MILITANT deal.

Last Bullet: Them no dey use power dey raise prick

4 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 19, 2013
fr3do: Once this one recieves a ghana-must-go,he will abandon his course.

I feel their plight
in other countries,these companies wont dare pollute their land.it the government I blame,6 largest producer of crude oil has no body concerned directly with enviromental pollution.

You are right bro, but i must tell you something that is going on in the N-Delta, myself is from a place in the Major city of warri, but i will never aggree with anyone when it comes to backing them up with this Oil ish, because they are all greedy, Let me explain this in a simple manner now.

In Delta State, a King is now being called to serve his people by the Governor, in the olden days, what power does a Governor have over a King who is the custodian of the old-traditions, Now the reason why they are doing this is because with the Kings being under the Governor he now has Total control over the Voice of the communities, communities respect their Kings even when the Government are Bad, and now the Kings are now being bossed by the Government, how will the cry of the people be heard...?

The Chiefs are now being paid by the Government making them forget their roles in the communities as Royal fathers, 2007 80% of the Chiefs in Warri/Effurun were using bike to attend palace meetings and Government events, but today, Not even a single one has Concord Benz anymore, they all now drive in flashy cars that were bought for them by the Government, Rights of the communities have been sold.

Issues like these in the first place are supposed to be handled by the Royal Fathers and Traditional Rulers, even as it is now, It's been 2-3years since Delta State conducted Local Government Election simply because the state Government said they are not financially strong enough to allocate budget yet to the Local Governments, and you expect people to pay Tax....?

Our rights as citizens has been stolen by our Traditional Rulers and the value of community service and Rural Developments/Empowerment has been stolen, now if the State Government does any little thing they expect the whole state to commend their efforts when Individual communities are actually suffering, The Air Pollution that is caused alone by Refinery is enough for the Oil companies to Power the whole city with 24/7 Electricity, but no they will not, because there are people who are actually collecting the funds meant for rural development through back door. so it will be better if the People start first with their Traditional Rulers, then step up to those representing them both in the Senate and House of Assembly, that way they will be able to get the message, after which they can face the State and then the Federal Government.

59 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 19, 2013
Silly a*sses, just like my secondary school teacher would have called them. Nonsenssseundecided
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by premlove(m): 4:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Demanding armnesty as a kidnapper is wrong bt demanding it to develop kokori i support you on dat.
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by hopilo: 4:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Hold your state governor responsible for the decay in infrastructure. He gets 13% allocation every month from oil produce in your community, 2% only from one month allocation will construct road for you guys. The way and manner you take get gun better find way return am cos no amnesty for any criminal.

14 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by musiwa1a: 4:31am On Sep 19, 2013
sowore baba
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by doctokwus: 4:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Kidnapper or not,dis guy just has 2luk @ how wealthy& powerful d likes of tompolo,Asari etc av become,evn walking d corridors of power wt pomp,to realise d best line to toe is d miltant line,using threat of blowup of oil pipeline as a bait.This is what happens wen u reward militants wt contracts,make dem stupendously rich& powerful,while actually neglecting d communities dey claim neglect of.Is it not ironic dat since asari& tompolo became more wealthy beyond dere dreams,dey av not bn agitating for d devpt of their communities,yet,nothing has improved since.Kelvin must av bn well advised by evn those who claim 2 b after him in order for dem all to continue to sulk d nation dry!

6 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by LMAyedun(m): 5:03am On Sep 19, 2013
Ghen!! Ghen!! U go fear threat nah!
Behold,Kidnap kingpin can not suddenly turn Human/Community right fighter.

Watchout for Kelvin, the next Tompolo, Asari Dokubo in the making....
Kelvin also needs a private jet like Tompolo.. That's the strategy to get a share out of the national 'Akara'.

GEJ don Suffer oh!

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ofala(m): 5:04am On Sep 19, 2013
Nigeria is fast becoming a full comedy theater......'prayer mode activated'

2 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Akpaife(m): 5:22am On Sep 19, 2013
luvola: first to comment..baba God thank u o.. For latest gist in the world of sports, politics, job vacancies, health tips and many more visit www.nairacity..com
Sorry u r nt d 1st pls try again later
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 19, 2013
The Federal Government Of Nigeria does not negotiate with terrorists angry
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by sizzlers(m): 5:54am On Sep 19, 2013
E T T
Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by okoolori(m): 6:10am On Sep 19, 2013
"They cried that their oil was being used to develope other parts of the country. . . they cried about marginalization. . . they cried about deprivation, they cried about exploitation, they cried about oil spillage, abject poverty and total denial of the benefits of God's special gift to them. . .
Then from three states in the South-South, they got six states. . . But they wer...e still crying. . . And from there, they got a review and had increase in derivation funds. . . they still kept on crying. They got NDDC and put their people there, and they changed gear - they started stealing! They got Niger Delta ministry and they stole the more! They wanted to be major stakeholders in the Nigerian State and got the Vice Presidency. . .
They gave them so much attention and their children in the creeks were given renewed hope and sent abroad for varying degrees of good things, never given to the descendants of even the so called power brokers. . . Then the big one came, the NIGERIAN PRESIDENCY!
But have they stopped crying? No!
Will they stop stealing? No!
Will the creeks not breed militants anymore? No!
With the Vice Presidency, did deprivation stop? No!
Even with the Presidency, are they better for it? No!
If the South-South is not showing fundamental developmental prospects or is not fast turning into a developing region in Nigeria with all the pride in this world as having a once in a lifetime opportunity to have their son as the president, then the rest of Nigeria should forget about anything coming out of the GEJ presidency for the good of the entire country

67 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by 3Dimension: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Kelvin: oga tompolo I hear say u don buy jet?
Tompolo: na God's blessing o and naija's follishness and timidity. Sheybi tell u say make u join me that time u dey fear.
Kelvin: I no fear again o. Make me sef go request for amnesty fast fast and my private jet.
Tompolo: no forget to come pay ur tithe to me o

7 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2013
oko olori:
"They cried that their oil was being used to develope other parts of the country. . . they cried about marginalization. . . they cried about deprivation, they cried about exploitation, they cried about oil spillage, abject poverty and total denial of the benefits of God's special gift to them. . .
Then from three states in the South-South, they got six states. . . But they wer...e still crying. . . And from there, they got a review and had increase in derivation funds. . . they still kept on crying. They got NDDC and put their people there, and they changed gear - they started stealing! They got Niger Delta ministry and they stole the more! They wanted to be major stakeholders in the Nigerian State and got the Vice Presidency. . .
They gave them so much attention and their children in the creeks were given renewed hope and sent abroad for varying degrees of good things, never given to the descendants of even the so called power brokers. . . Then the big one came, the NIGERIAN PRESIDENCY!
But have they stopped crying? No!
Will they stop stealing? No!
Will the creeks not breed militants anymore? No!
With the Vice Presidency, did deprivation stop? No!
Even with the Presidency, are they better for it? No!
If the South-South is not showing fundamental developmental prospects or is not fast turning into a developing region in Nigeria with all the pride in this world as having a once in a lifetime opportunity to have their son as the president, then the rest of Nigeria should forget about anything coming out of the GEJ presidency for the good of the entire country

Bro you are getting it all wrong, these things have been happening before GEJ, and so he has no connection with it in the first place, the Issue is an inner one and not one to be added to the already deteriorating state of Nigeria, it is only a Coincidence that GEJ became the President of Nigeria, these things would have been worst that you are already seeing, if GEJ should capitalize his priorities on Nigeri-Delta the whole of Nigeria will clamor for their own dividends claiming that GEJ is only favoring his N-Delta people

This is why the issue must be dealt with as it is, as both an Inner issue as well as just the way any other President who isnt from the N-Delta should have done as well, if he grants these people Amnesty now, Nigerians will say he is favoring them yet again after the first Amnesty given to them by Ya'radua, so we must put so many things into consideration, hence the reason why the Issue must start to be dealt with from the Community Level, Nigeria cant afford to grant another group Amnesty at this point in time, else the whole Countrymen will become Terrorist with hopes of being granted Amnesty at the end.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by ifyalways(f): 6:30am On Sep 19, 2013
There was a "cuntry" . . . Anyone with balls can fvck around and still get paid.

4 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2013
ifyalways: There was a "cuntry" . . . Anyone with balls can fvck around and still get paid.
Lol i wonder where you get all what you write attimes, is nolonger 'a bweast in d mouth.....' now is 'cuntry'?
Is pathetic sooner thieves too would demand for amnesty. silly

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by huptin(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2013
The Niger Delta issue is an internal problem and only fiscal federalism coupled with disciplined administrators with the interest of the people at heart will solve it.

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by musaajebor(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2013
eddiebruk:

Bro you are getting it all wrong, these things have been happening before GEJ, and so he has no connection with it in the first place, the Issue is an inner one and not one to be added to the already deteriorating state of Nigeria, it is only a Coincidence that GEJ became the President of Nigeria, these things would have been worst that you are already seeing, if GEJ should capitalize his priorities on Nigeri-Delta the whole of Nigeria will clamor for their own dividends claiming that GEJ is only favoring his N-Delta people

This is why the issue must be dealt with as it is, as both an Inner issue as well as just the way any other President who isnt from the N-Delta should have done as well, if he grants these people Amnesty now, Nigerians will say he is favoring them yet again after the first Amnesty given to them by Ya'radua, so we must put so many things into consideration, hence the reason why the Issue must start to be dealt with from the Community Level, Nigeria cant afford to grant another group Amnesty at this point in time, else the whole Countrymen will become Terrorist with hopes of being granted Amnesty at the end.
am sorry but you are the one getting it all wrong . No body is suggesting amnesty except you. can amnesty solve the niger delta problem? Ask yourself.we are talking deprivation,exploitation,marginalisation,lack of development despite the creation of nddc,review of the derivation fund foe nd states, creation of nd ministry and above all gej,s presidency as a nd man .and you are still talking amnesty? Am sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2013
musa ajebor: am sorry but you are the one getting it all wrong . No body is suggesting amnesty except you. can amnesty solve the niger delta problem? Ask yourself.we are talking deprivation,exploitation,marginalisation,lack of development despite the creation of nddc,review of the derivation fund foe nd states, creation of nd ministry and above all gej,s presidency as a nd man .and you are still talking amnesty? Am sorry for you.

If you read my post you will understand what i am saying, i made it clear that N-Delta problem is not one to be used to disturb the peace of Nigeria but should be solved within themselves and their communities. i dont want to get into an argument when my points are clear, i never said Amnesty should be given to anyone, do you actually have a problem with comprehension or your hands are just itching you to pour your frustration on someone without you even understanding what i wrote...Jezzzzzz man chill the fvck down you still have you soul together.

NDDC, SHELL, GEJ, AND WHAT HAVE IN THE N-DELTA WONT HELP THEM OUT, EXCEPT THEY CURB THE BAD EGGS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES WHO ARE STEALING THE BIG DEALS FROM THE BACKDOORS, That is the summary of what i wrote. Just in-case you have issues with comprehension.

5 Likes

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 19, 2013
huptin: The Niger Delta issue is an internal problem and only fiscal federalism coupled with disciplined administrators with the interest of the people at heart will solve it.

Exactly what i was saying, and one ODE was talking Gibberish. N-Delta problem should not be related to Nigeria's problem

1 Like

Re: Delta Kidnap-Kingpin Gives Jonathan A 60-day Ultimatum by Omen100(m): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2013
My Mum's is actually from Kokori & I'm in support of the demands of Kelvin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aerial View Of New Abeokuta City Judiciary Complex / APC Insists On Ahmed Lawan As Leader, Change Looms In Senate / Paris Club Loot: Governor Agrees To Refund $2.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.