Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners (8196 Views)

UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life / Mark Begs Britain To Assist Nigeria On Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by HenryQuest(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2013
Senate President David Mark has pleaded with Beijing to release 490 Nigerians languishing in Chinese prisons. He begged the Chinese leader, Mr. Zhang Dejiang to review the cases of  366 Nigerians in Chinese prisons, 120 awaiting trial and four already sentenced to death under the transfer of prisoners arrangement.Nigeria and China have pledged military co-operation especially in the training and retraining of  security personnel in tackling terrorism and disaster response capabilities.Under the arrangement, both nations would exchange programmes for military officers and students of Defence Colleges.
These were part of the high-points of the bilateral talks between Mark and President of the Chinese Parliament, Mr. Dejiang who also doubles as the Chairman of the National Peoples Congress (NPC) in Abuja yesterday.

Senator Mark had requested his guest to prevail on his government for assistance to Nigeria in the mass production of military and police hardware  as well as aircraft’s spare parts production centre in Nigeria. The Senate president also requested China to support Nigeria’s bid for the UN Security Council seat  as non- permanent member from 2015 and as a permanent member from Africa in an expanded UN Security Council.

Besides the  agreed exchange of parliamentary visits between the National Assembly and the Chinese parliament, Senator Mark demanded that China reciprocates Nigeria’s friendly visa regime by honouring Diplomatic Notes and simplifying visa procedures for Nigerians.

Although  the trade and commercial ties between both countries have increased with a deficit of N270 billion against Nigeria, Mark requested that the imbalance be addressed by encouraging Chinese government and industrialists to increase investments in the non-oil sector in Nigeria as well as offering duty waiver on Nigerian exports.

Mr. Dejiang noted that China runs a friendly administration and upholds the sanctity of the rule of law, but would table Mark’s requests before his home government for a possible review especially on those convicted on criminal offences. He promised co-operation with the government and people of Nigeria in all areas that would improve her economy and general welfare of the people .

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/mark-begs-china-to-release-490-nigerian-prisoners/

1 Like

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Ajuora: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2013
NAIJA 4 life
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Lifemax: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Nigerians in prison in china is cos by our politicians..wem de ar looting our future,so y wont de go out 4 a greener pasture.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Nice to see the gov showing concern for its citizens welfare.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by vladimiros: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2013
IF THEY COMMITED A CRIME IN CHINA

THE SHOULD FACE THE JUSTICE

SIMPL;E
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by badmarket: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2013
Good diplomatic move.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Okijajuju1(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2013
WHY?

If you do the crime... Be ready to do the time.. angry

Meanwhile.. I read the 'Private jet Spare parts' plant part well well o!! They had better build it in Nnewi or Onitsha, or else.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by moscobabs(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2013
490 prisoners I beg how many nigerians dey China?
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2013
Hmm...

Me: So many Nigerian in different prisons all over the world...

My mind: But there are other aliens in foreign countries too...

Me: But it seems Nigerian population ranks highest in that aspect.

My mind: Hmm... So many causative factors...

Me: Yes... O... Such as faulty national foundation, lootocracy, unemployment etc.

My mind: You forgot to add little or no access to fund to start businesses, obsession with going abroad off the shore of Nigeria... Ignorance inclusive.

Me: If only all rich and influential christians will use their tithes every month to set at least one unemployed person up in different business within their capacity.

My mind: Even most of the pastors and GOs knows this but they won't instruct their sheep to do that lest they won't live flambouyant life styles.

Me: I'm so hungry... Gat to go for breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Rexphobia(m): 9:33am On Sep 19, 2013
Beg or appeal?

What will be our bargain chip? Not just prisoners held for misdemeanor. We are talking about people on death row.

Hard call.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by leggo: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Why?? So GEJ can give them presidential pardon?
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Gwekzy: 9:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Photoshop
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Mayany(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2013
I just love this dude called Mark he is really a true Nigerian i pray the china Govt meet his demand
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Lifebender(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2013
Dis pple wont stop giving naijiria bad reputations..leave them oo,atleast by the time they eat cockroach with earthworm they will know that crime is not good..

1 Like

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Lastdon02(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2013
wow wow wow! i made Fist page tinz 2day wow!
Follow on Twitter @Lastdon002
watch This funny Video (Skelewu Dance)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zBsdP7wH1sE
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2013
do they really have brain on ther head? how many nigerians dey go ther country wey dem dey jail 490, God go punish ther stinking ass. we don vex sef, we no go go ther country again undecided undecided
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2013

He PLEADED and BEGGED! LMAO! After they'll come here and form big man looter homophobe! HA!

1 Like

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by 3ace(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2013
In as much as I laud Mark's step, I don't think is plea will change anything especially considering if most of those criminals committed grievous crimes.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by bobokelly(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Sorry o, are they Boko Harams in china prson?.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by ravensckar(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Spaced booked..... Intruders,keep off.
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Tee197: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2013
We wei no de china de live like prisoners in our own land...... Mr david u no do anytin to adjust d situation.... U de beg 4 pple abroad as if say u b nice person...
Mtsheeeeew 4 u....... Politics of d highest oda
... Dis naija eh
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by CaptainPlanet(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2013
leggo: Why?? So GEJ can give them presidential pardon?
Ask me o!..am even lukin 4 a way 2 steal in canada nd enta 1 of dia prisons dia..mehn life as a hostage dia is better dan dat of a free man hia... undecided
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2013
This Post has refused to be hidden! by The Moderators..**Says he wn't be playing hide and seek game with anybody,that we the moderators should visit the Gaming Section 4 that.plz bear with us** :-(
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Lilchilz(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2013
emmysenior: Hmm...

Me: So many Nigerian in different prisons all over the world...

My mind: But there are other aliens in foreign countries too...

Me: But it seems Nigerian population ranks highest in that aspect.

My mind: Hmm... So many causative factors...

Me: Yes... O... Such as faulty national foundation, lootocracy, unemployment etc.

My mind: You forgot to add little or no access to fund to start businesses, obsession with going abroad off the shore of Nigeria... Ignorance inclusive.

Me: If only all rich and influential christians will use their tithes every month to set at least one unemployed person up in different business within their capacity.

My mind: Even most of the pastors and GOs knows this but they won't instruct their sheep to do that lest they won't live flambouyant life styles.

Me: I'm so hungry... Gat to go for breakfast.
beqininq of madness

3 Likes

Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by mermaidkingdom: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2013
David mark.the name alone shows he is a hero"first in nigeria histry where leaders cares for ther sitezen abroad.keep it on
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Onyenna(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Good move.....let's China agrees.....
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Kairoseki77: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2013
China is very racist o!
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by leggo: 10:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Kairoseki77: China is very racist o!
Where is your brain?
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 19, 2013
It shocks me how prisoners/criminals in diaspora are regarded as babies over here. Sometimes, govt and dia officials even beg for outright release or pardon for convicted rapists, murderers, armed robbers and all what not. Why not let them dance to the music over there?
Re: Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners by Tbken: 11:00am On Sep 19, 2013
vladimiros: IF THEY COMMITED A CRIME IN CHINA

THE SHOULD FACE THE JUSTICE

SIMPL;E
pple lyk u are real disease 2 d society......i mean worse dan virus,bacte nd d rest....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Buhari's Tenure Will End In 2019! (Written 2015) / Nnamdi Kalu's Arrest: Biafra Writes World Leaders / Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.