Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee (21656 Views)

General Electric Africa Early Career Development Program- Finance, Nigeria / GE Africa Early Career Development Program- Nigeria Job 2014 / Ge Early Career Development Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by moyinoluwabun(m): 12:31am On Sep 26, 2013
This company wahala too much.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Justgenesis: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2013
ecolime: It's good to be optimistic and also give all job openings your best shot. GE is a great place to work even though they are fond of holding peoples CV for months and eventually send a regret mail.

My advice: If you are not the strong-hearted type, don't bother applying to GE especially if you don't have a foreign degree and probably a masters too.
No need to ask me for reasons.

N.B: Sorry if my comment sound discouraging or confusing.

Bro, no need to apologize. I have witnessed this first hand. They employ only people with foreign degrees. They even favour foreign degrees over experience. A friend of mine who passed their test, aced their interview and was promised the job. He was even given a tour of their facility and was told he would be called the next week for their medicals hasnt been called till today. He started this process with them since their so called "career fair" in ph early this year. we later found out that he was dropped and two of my ex classmates with Msc degrees from foreign universities who he informed to apply were picked. I forgot to mention that my friend has some experience with mobil and aker solution but they preferred to pick those who had masters degrees with no experience concerning what they do.
Abeg, if you no get foreign degree, dont apply. They wont call you. I dont understand the kind of structure their HR guys operate. What they dont understand is that when they recruit the guys who have all the fancy foreign degrees that look good on paper and train them, they make them look very attractive for the bigger paying E&P exploration coys like mobil, chevron and co who can afford to pay better than GE. These guys would move to these bigger coys after GE must have spent so much training them.
This happened to Halliburton and they had to review their stance. They no longer have this "recruit only fancy foreign degree" mentality after they lost so many of their engineers within a short space of time that it impacted the jobs and projects they handled. As long as you are good enough to pass their rigourous tests and interview, you are good enough for them and it is paying them in the long run. I hope GE will learn from this....I really hope.

4 Likes

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2013
Justgenesis:

Bro, no need to apologize. I have witnessed this first hand. They employ only people with foreign degrees. They even favour foreign degrees over experience. A friend of mine who passed their test, aced their interview and was promised the job. He was even given a tour of their facility and was told he would be called the next week for their medicals hasnt been called till today. He started this process with them since their so called "career fair" in ph early this year. we later found out that he was dropped and two of my ex classmates with Msc degrees from foreign universities who he informed to apply were picked. I forgot to mention that my friend has some experience with mobil and aker solution but they preferred to pick those who had masters degrees with no experience concerning what they do.
Abeg, if you no get foreign degree, dont apply. They wont call you. I dont understand the kind of structure their HR guys operate. What they dont understand is that when they recruit the guys who have all the fancy foreign degrees that look good on paper and train them, they make them look very attractive for the bigger paying E&P exploration coys like mobil, chevron and co who can afford to pay better than GE. These guys would move to these bigger coys after GE must have spent so much training them.
This happened to Halliburton and they had to review their stance. They no longer have this "recruit only fancy foreign degree" mentality after they lost so many of their engineers within a short space of time that it impacted the jobs and projects they handled. As long as you are good enough to pass their rigourous tests and interview, you are good enough for them and it is paying them in the long run. I hope GE will learn from this....I really hope.

Well said!!

I did a little research on linkedin and noticed the turn-over rate of GE's staff was quite ..They recruit students from foreign universities and those ones leave after a year or two..At least I know two peeps personally that finished from abroad and left GE after two years.

Na dem sabi..I would not give up in my search for knowledge and a greener pasture.

1 Like

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by nuRich: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2013
jimmy74: I have been applying for GE jobs since 2008 without any call for interview until this year, precisely in may, I received a call for interview and so far have attended up to five stages of interviews so far (the last been 2 weeks ago) and the hiring process still ongoing. I have been told through a couple of my guys working there that it may take up to a year plus. However, I would like to state that,
1, Not all successful candidates have a foreign degrees, though, its easy to acquire a foreign degree after joining them.
2, It is true that, their hiring process is lengthy, not favorably to a jobless applicant as he may tend to give up on them.
3, The job itself is worth all the pains and struggles as the condition of service is superb.
Therefore, I would like to encourage all intending applicants to apply as you can never tell when your stars will shine.
Jimmy, pls fill us in on the details of the 5 interview stages. Thank u so much 4 ur help.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by arowhales(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2013
I got this message frm GE:

Dear Olawale,

Thank you for your interest in GE. You are receiving this notification because you either applied to Global Growth & Operations - Africa for the position of GE Africa Early Career Development Program - &O - Nigeria (Job Number 1845585), or are being considered based on your prior submittal for another role. Your resume/CV is in the process of being reviewed.

If there is interest in discussing further employment opportunities with us, someone will contact you on behalf of GE. Please note, this process may take some time. To track the status of your submission at any time, log back into ge.com/careers and click on the Job Submission Status link.

We will let you know when this job opening has been filled or cancelled.

Sincerely,

GE Human Resources

Anyone with a similar message?
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Layiwoo(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2013
arowhales: I got this message frm GE:

Dear Olawale,

Thank you for your interest in GE. You are receiving this notification because you either applied to Global Growth & Operations - Africa for the position of GE Africa Early Career Development Program - &O - Nigeria (Job Number 1845585), or are being considered based on your prior submittal for another role. Your resume/CV is in the process of being reviewed.

If there is interest in discussing further employment opportunities with us, someone will contact you on behalf of GE. Please note, this process may take some time. To track the status of your submission at any time, log back into ge.com/careers and click on the Job Submission Status link.

Sincerely,

GE Human Resources

got somtin like dat too :-/
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 12, 2013
Layiwoo:
got somtin like dat too :-/

Expect the nxt msg soon..lol cheesy
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by blazerMaks: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Julieccentric:

Expect the nxt msg soon..lol cheesy
I got the message too.
What's the next message?
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by emeeco(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2013
blazerMaks:
I got the message too.
What's the next message?
We are sorry we cannot continue with your application at this time........

6 Likes

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Layiwoo(m): 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
eme.eco:
We are sorry we cannot continue with your application at this time........
undecided Bad Belle dey worry U

2 Likes

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ecolime(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Layiwoo: undecided Bad Belle dey worry U
Lmao
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by emeeco(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2013
Layiwoo: undecided Bad Belle dey worry U
No hard feelings, just wanted to help you condition your mind for a certain eventuality.

2 Likes

Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by blazerMaks: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Chai! Joblessness is a curse. See me stopping an fhi360 bus after church today asking if they recruit chemical engineers. Got a heavy no no.
Search continues still. Ain't gonna give up!!
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Layiwoo(m): 6:54am On Oct 14, 2013
blazerMaks: Chai! Joblessness is a curse. See me stopping an fhi360 bus after church today asking if they recruit chemical engineers. Got a heavy no no.
Search continues still. Ain't gonna give up!!
grin grin
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ernike: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2013
eme.eco:
No hard feelings, just wanted to help you condition your mind for a certain eventuality.
True talk bro... dnt take it personal layiwoo, eme.co s jst givn u d likelihood of d nxt msg. GE alwayz advertise graduate positions but rarely invites fresh graduates 4 interview
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
GE is based on connection strictly.I know few people who are working their,they got the connection at London when they were doing there masters.Forget GE.

GE is filled with young corrupt people,they rather give the job to a beautiful girl or their girl frnd rather a stranger.Before GE advertise they have taken already,like wise with Shell,Mobil And Total.My mind is off oil coy for now.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
dreamoceans@yah:
GE is based on connection strictly.I know few people who are working their,they got the connection at London when they were doing there masters.Forget GE.

GE is filled with young corrupt people,they rather give the job to a beautiful girl or their girl frnd rather a stranger.Before GE advertise they have taken already,like wise with Shell,Mobil And Total.My mind is off oil coy for now.

Funny enough. But its so pathetic. It's well!!
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by emeeco(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
emahnwel:

Funny enough. But its so pathetic. It's well!!
GE has failed to update my application status, it's very unlike them. They've apparently gotten lazy. I have received the initial application under consideration mail for over 6 weeks now, and have been waiting patiently for the regret mail which usually takes less than two weeks. It's very unprofessional of them I must complain.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ojsamuel(m): 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
arowhales: I got this message frm GE:

Dear Olawale,

Sincerely,

GE Human Resources

Got similar message this afternoon.... I guess my own application just reached the front line on the queue...lol...
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ojsamuel(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
eme.eco:
GE has failed to update my application status, it's very unlike them. They've apparently gotten lazy. I have received the initial application under consideration mail for over 6 weeks now, and have been waiting patiently for the regret mail which usually takes less than two weeks. It's very unprofessional of them I must complain.
LOL grin
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nnabugwu8590: 2:09am On Nov 08, 2013
I got a message today from them, i then checked my submission HR status and it says your resume/CV has currently been reviewed. Experience guys in GE recruitment process, please, what does that mean?
Your responses are so much welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: I got a message today from them, i then checked my submission HR status and it says your resume/CV has currently been reviewed. Experience guys in GE recruitment process, please, what does that mean?
Your responses are so much welcome.
Thanks in advance.
'has currently been reviewed' or "is currently being reviewed?
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nnabugwu8590: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2013
D_gRaNd_ShErifF:
'has currently been reviewed' or "is currently being reviewed?
My dear, you are right but i think both statements are saying the same thing. For example, is there any difference between he has gone and he has left.
So, what do you think will be the next mail from them?
Is it regret mail or...
Thanks
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: My dear, you are right but i think both statements are saying the same thing. For example, is there any difference between he has gone and he has left.
Is it regret mail or...
Thanks
Don't realy know, bro. Only God knows.
Got the same mail, and when I checked my job submission status, it reads "resume currently being reviewed".
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ikenna58(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: My dear, you are right but i think both statements are saying the same thing. For example, is there any difference between he has gone and he has left.
Is it regret mail or...
Thanks

Both are not thesame.. One is a continous tense and the other is a past participle!
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nnabugwu8590: 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikenna58:

Both are not thesame.. One is a continous tense and the other is a past participle!
Hmm, okay sir. I remove cap for you.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ikenna58(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: Hmm, okay sir. I remove cap for you.

Lol.. Na you be man finally
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by Nnabugwu8590: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2013
D_gRaNd_ShErifF:
Don't realy know, bro. Only God knows.
Got the same mail, and when I checked my job submission status, it reads "resume currently being reviewed".
Okay my dear,let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst. God will see us through.
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nnabugwu8590: Okay my dear,let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst. God will see us through.
AMEN
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by juniorlas: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Just saw this today on my mail with Mail subject as "Your Submission is in Process"

But on HR submission site, status reads "GE is not pursuing your candidacy for this position". Has anyone seen this too recently?

Sincerely,

GE Human Resources
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by blazerMaks: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^^, how many years work experience do you have, do you hold an abroad acquired degree.?
I got a regret mail from them. This GE sef
Re: GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee by ComradeTY(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pls how did assessment centre look like? What and what is to expect?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Releases List Of Successful Candidates For 2019 Recruitment / Flour Mills Of Nigeria PLC Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Ecobank test and Interview 2012-2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.