Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Any Nasfat Member In The House? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Nasfat Member In The House? (10263 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Nasfat Youthwing Thread / Nasfat Members Come On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nasfat Member In The House? by noibilism(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2008
All members of NASFAT identify yourselves here.
My name is NOIBI KAZEEM ADEWALE the Youth secretary (AMIR) of NASFAT Agbado station branch,ogun state and the webmaster of www.nasfat-ogun..com.
email nasfat-ogun@yahoo.com
you can also visit the nasfat main website www.nasfat.org
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by mukina2: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2008
What is Nasfat?
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by noibilism(m): 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2008
NASFAT is an acronym for NASRUL-LAHI-IL-FATHI SOCIETY OF NIGERIA.
it is an islamic society which has many branches in nigeria,west africa,europe and america
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2008
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 7:44pm On Jun 23, 2008
@Poster

Are we here to discuss NASFAT or Islam?
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by mukina2: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2008
I still do not understand this o
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2008
About NASFAT

The quest for Islamic knowledge and brotherly association led to the forum where Muslims faithfuls came together to rub minds with learned Islamic scholars to know more about the religion favoured by Almighty Allah – ISLAM.

The aim is to maximise favourably the leisure time that exists amongst Muslims who laze away Sunday mornings. The need to spend these precious leisure hours judiciously arose amongst a few Muslim elites who rose to the challenge. Letters of invitation were despatched to some selected Muslim elites from all walks of life and the response was encouraging. Consequently, on Sunday, March 5, 1995, the society named Nasrul-Lahi-il Fathi with the acronym NASFAT has its inaugural prayer session at the residence of its pioneer president, now chairman, Board of Trustees, Alhaji Abdul-Lateef Wale Olasupo.

The society through the unflinching support of Almighty Allah (SWT) and dint of hardwork on the part of the Executives, the Council of Elders, the Mission Board, coupled with the unrelenting cooperation of devoted members, has been growing from strength to strength. The membership strength of the society, which at inception was less than twenty, has grown into thousands of Muslim faithfuls from multifarious fields of human endeavours in different cities and towns in Nigeria and beyond.

Name Of The Society

Nasrul-Lahi-il Fathi Society of Nigeria with the acronym NASFAT.
The motto of the society will remain : There is no help except from Allah

Vision Statement

The vision statement of the society remains:

“To be a pacesetting Islamic organisation with widespread acceptance in Nigeria and beyond”

Implications
Our vision implies that we want to be a leading Islamic organisation. We shall be the leading light that others will emulate. We shall be creative in all our activities and we shall set new trends in the propagation of Islam and amongst Islamic organisations.

Mission Statement

The mission statement of the society remains:

“To develop an enlightened muslim society nurtured by a true understanding of Islam for the spiritual upliftment and welfare of mankind”

Implications
Our mission implies that we shall strive towards the development of an enlightened muslim society. Our activities will be aimed not only at the spritual development of muslims but also their welfare. We shall focus on helping the muslim ummah to develop a true understanding of Islam according to the tenets of the Holy Qu’ran and the Sunnah.

Shared Values

We agreed the following standards, beliefs and principles to provide guidance on how we will behave and operate, clarify how we make decisions, frame how we relate and communicate with each other and with our stakeholders

* Project the beauty of Islam in words and deeds
* Strict adherence to the Holy Qu’ran and the Sunnah
* Promotion of Islamic brotherhood
* Pursuit of Knowledge
* Efficacy of prayers
* Equality of all Muslims
* Caring, Humane and Tolerant
* Patience and Steadfastness

Distinguishing Competencies

The capabilities that will differentiate the society from others remain as follows:

* Strong Prayer Group
* Exemplary Leadership
* Diverse And Committed Membership
* Caring For All Strata Of Members
* Creativity And Dynamism
* Time Consciousness
* Simplicity In Conduct
* Sound Islamic Education

What We Will Not Do

We reaffirmed that will not be involved in the following practices that can hinder the attainment of our collective aspirations:

* We will not hero-worship
* We will not disobey Islamic injunctions
* We will not discriminate against Muslims
* We will not encourage ostentation
* We will not use NASFAT for the purpose of partisan politics
* We will not tolerate immorality

Benefits

Insha Allahu, we reaffirmed our promise of the following benefits to our committed members:

* Arabic and Islamic education
* Improved general welfare
* Sound spiritual guidance
* Socio-economic advancement
* Promotion of family values

Muki. You should've visited the link
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by mukina2: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2008
Thanks . .you went there for me grin tongue
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by walemania(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2008
sure salam, abdul mojeed here.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by yemi221(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2008
i think d statement "any nasfat member" is worng sry 4 my word. we shld b talking abt islam not nasfat.does taht mean nonmember shld nt reply u.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2008
think d statement "any  nasfat member" is worng sry 4 my word. we shld b talking about islam not nasfat.does taht mean nonmember shld nt reply u.

I asked earlier if the thread is intended to discuss Nasfat or Islam. The poster made the thread look like some of the threads created by non-muslims to discuss their sects and doctrines only like thread for cathlics, Jehovah witness, Deeper Life, Cherubim and Seraphim etc WHEREAS it is not supposed to be.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by mukina2: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2008
Babs haba! cheesy

Am sure the guy just wanted to know if there were members of nafsat thats all . nothing more to it. wink
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Mukina

Babs haba!

Am sure the guy just wanted to know if there were members of nafsat thats all . nothing more to it.

Ok o, so what next? The truth of it is that no muslim should differentiate a muslim society from another. We are all muslims and one. I think society should not come in when we are all muslims. I for one has a soceity I attend but at the same do attend other Islamic societies too in as much as we are one as we are all sharing the word of God.

The thread reminds me of how christians relate with one another if it comes to sects. They may all be termed christians but differentiate themselves when it comes to worship, doctrines etc and this shouldnt be introduced into Islam please.

Does that mean I should not post here if I am not a member?

1 Like

Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by mukina2: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2008
The guy didn't differentiate
all he wanted to do was meet nasfat members.
I beleive Islamic societies foes not in any way define Islam or divide Islam
They are not sects na, most are social groups, some are for learning/payer/tafsir purposes, some are entertaining groups.

Mustay posted what was on their website and it doesn't look like a sect to me anyway.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2008
Ok Ma'am
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by yemi221(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2008
no promlem if that d intention
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2008
mukina2:

They are not sects na, most are social groups, some are for learning/payer/tafsir purposes,

just a few though. Some of these groups make you feel like, "if you are not here, you are nowhere"

babs787:

Does that mean I should not post here if I am not a member?
Where's the author?
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by javalove(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2008
well, i know about nasfat but i just have never attended their events. the organizers need to do lots of re-orientation for their members. we have pple who dont observe solats but believe nasfat is it, especially women. i live in lagos island and thats the case here, i dont know about ogun state.

it looks like to me the cele pple are being copied sef. the way lots of the women dress is not islamic. white transparent garments all dat bullshit. fine the organizers might not know of all these but they need to talk lots of sense into the heads of the members. they should also emphasize the importance of solat to them cos lots of dem shun solats and go for nasfats.

They also do programmes late into the night or even overnight. in Lagos island where i stay, even xtians attend the programs for the sake of "chicks" they can get for the night. u find boys and girls mingling together and all that,

@poster, no hating ooooo just my 2cents

1 Like

Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2008
true
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by noibilism(m): 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
i am only trying to connect my fellow nasfat members.i am a muslim.nasfat has helped me to strenghten my faith seriously.so i dont have any intention to divide anybody in the house
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 11:10am On Jul 16, 2008
No one is dividing any bread here wink grin

We are giving views about NASFAT here noibi
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Virgo83(m): 4:56am On Aug 16, 2008
Surely all Believers are Brothers.
What is going on here is nothing to be bothered about, all what the topic is about is to identify NASFAT Member in the House, Not for any special purpose I presume. So no need of taking it too personal, We are all Brothers, bounded together with the Brotherhood of Islam.

N.B. Stop attacking your brother's opinion or request as long as it goes not the boundary of Halaal, what we needed to do is to strengthen the Brotherhood by any means you can.
NASFAT is a means of propagating Islam,'like the ANSARUDEEN and the NAWARUDEEN' and we must not by any means condemn it but encourage and enhance it prospect. If you know you can by no chance propagate this Noble Religion of Ours never you condemn those that were able to do so.

As for NOIBILISM you should never relent in your effort and for MUSTAY, a job well done.

Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by javalove(m): 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2008
maybe i shoud requote Mustay

Mustay:

No one is dividing any bread here wink grin

We are giving views about NASFAT here noibi
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by zayhal(f): 7:41pm On Aug 22, 2008
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House?
« #17 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, i know about nasfat but i just have never attended their events. the organizers need to do lots of re-orientation for their members. we have people who don't observe solats but believe nasfat is it, especially women. i live in lagos island and thats the case here, i don't know about ogun state.

it looks like to me the cele people are being copied sef. the way lots of the women dress is not islamic. white transparent garments all that bullshit. fine the organizers might not know of all these but they need to talk lots of sense into the heads of the members. they should also emphasize the importance of solat to them because lots of them shun solats and go for nasfats.

They also do programmes late into the night or even overnight. in Lagos island where i stay, even xtians attend the programs for the sake of "chicks" they can get for the night. u find boys and girls mingling together and all that
Jazakumullah khayran. You spoke my mind. NASFAT needs to do a lot of homework.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by zayhal(f): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2008
[table][/table] Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House?
« #17 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, i know about  nasfat but i just have never attended their events. the organizers need to do lots of re-orientation for their members. we have people who don't observe solats but believe nasfat is it, especially women. i live in lagos island and thats the case here, i don't know about ogun state.

it looks like to me the cele people are being copied sef. the way lots of the women dress is not islamic. white transparent garments all that bullshit. fine the organizers might not know of all these but they need to talk lots of sense into the heads of the members. they should also emphasize the importance of solat to them because lots of them shun solats and go for nasfats.

They also do programmes late into the night or even overnight. in Lagos island where i stay, even xtians attend the programs for the sake of "chicks" they can get for the night. u find boys and girls mingling together and all that[table]
Jazakumullah khayran. You spoke my mind. NASFAT needs to do a lot of homework.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by Mustay(m): 5:26am On Aug 23, 2008
True talk Zayhal. Their headquarters at IKEJA isn't excluded from some of those things you mentioned. The women chat alot especially during lectures, there is a zone beside the mosque for DATING AND MEETING UP ZONE, the Organisation seems to be interested in their money these days. Massive re-orientation is urgently needed there. There's time for everything and the members need to know this. Anyway, the part I kinda enjoy there is the English lecture zone - it reminds me of MICA. In fact, It's a long time I went for any MICA forum - I do need to be there.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by javalove(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2008
Mustay:

Anyway, the part I kind of enjoy there is the English lecture zone - it reminds me of MICA. In fact, It's a long time I went for any MICA forum - I do need to be there.

Yea!!!! MICA. I attend MICA programmes too. Its soo nice. One statement that I will never forget in my life is

"The greatest impossibility in life is the possibility of Shatan being forgiven by Allah"

I heared it at MICA.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by zayhal(f): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2008
Mustay, salam alaykum, those words weren't mine, I was trying to quote javalove. He spoke my mind.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2008
Salam all.

I am a TMC member and a member to other Islamic societies too as long as they dont indulge in Bidiah
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by zayhal(f): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2008
salam alaykum brother babs. Be careful with TMC o. They make use of some fabricated hadith and U know the implication of that. Note, I'm not trying to be judgemental or discriminatory. It's all in good spirit. I've attended a number of thier programmes along Oshodi-Apapa express way.
(moderators, sorry for deviating from the topic)
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by babs787(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2008
salam alaykum brother babs. Be careful with TMC o.  They make use of some fabricated hadith and You know the implication of that. Note, I'm not trying to be judgemental or discriminatory. It's all in good spirit. I've attended a number of their programmes along Oshodi-Apapa express way.
                   (moderators, sorry for deviating from the topic)\

Can you shed light on the fabricated hadith you mentioned and let us view it in the light of the Quran and Sunnah? I do not indulge in follow follow. I follow the teaching of the Quran, Sunnah and Hadith.

Insha Allah, I would raise a thread on some practise infused into Islam in the name of beautifying Islam (Bidiah) which happens to be common among some Islamic societies.
Re: Any Nasfat Member In The House? by zayhal(f): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2008
Insha Allah, I would raise a thread on some practise infused into Islam in the name of beautifying Islam (Bidiah) which happens to be common among some Islamic societies.
Please do.
Can you shed light on the fabricated hadith you mentioned and let us view it in the light of the Quran and Sunnah? I do not indulge in follow follow. I follow the teaching of the Quran, Sunnah and Hadith

I can't quote specifically now. But I'm not usually so comfortable with their lectures. And moreso when Ustadh Dhikrullah Shaafi (hope u know him) condemns reknowned scholars like Albani,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer For Settling One's Debts / The Prophet's Last Sermon / Why Did A Goat Eat The "unchanged Quran" & Why Didn't Allah Stop The Goat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.