Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship (17022 Views)

Wike Orders Rivers Indigenes On Scholarship Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria / 15 Escaped Chibok Girls Admitted Into AUN Academy On Scholarship / Students Leave No Blame On Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by bookface: 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
I don't understand why anyone will choose to go study in either Russia or China. Holidays, maybe. But to live, work or study? hell naw!

5 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by nijanigga: 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
You see, Nigerians can go to other countries to study free without undergoing 'Political Exams' but UK, USA, CHINA, RUSSIA and others can't come to Nigeria to study due to the way our schools are, political exams like JAMB that will keep a good student at home for 12yrs etc. Nigeria need to change jare!

Study for free? never, trust me, only the connected got that scholarship, if you're a female candidate, you're highly likely to have slept with a govt official for favour,anyway, in Nigeria, they said cunt no get meter . It will be on the news, when FG was unable to pay their allowances, ask Nigerian students presently in Russia and Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ayusco85(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wuna fada for thr. Wen ASUU ₪☺ gree M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ graduate u dey tell M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ abt one yeye scholarship. Mtshew
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ibiso1986: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2013
akereconfi: if u are a RIVERS indigene...........try apply with RSSDA, they send 300 rivers indigene and 30 non indigine every year to UK, CANADA, HUNGARY, INDIA, IRELAND and CZECH REPUBLIC...........Last two weeks the students bound for US travelled. On the 20th which is tomoro, CZECH students are leaving, on 21st which is Saturday, HUNGARY students are leaving, UK students are leaving in batches
that's cool.. But its still man know man.. I remember wen I scored 58 over 100 in one of their exams, I wasn't selected cos they said kalabari students scored high.. Students that scored lower than my score were chosen cos they were from other local governments.. Very annoying

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by kossynerule: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2013
Nigeria is offering scholarship to foriegn students.did I hear that right?.Pls which skul dey wan enroll them abeg?abi na private university?cos the last tym I check,ASUU is still on strike.Funny Country
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by WizPrince1(m): 12:26am On Sep 20, 2013
kossynerule: Nigeria is offering scholarship to foriegn students.did I hear that right?.Pls which skul dey wan enroll them abeg?abi na private university?cos the last tym I check,ASUU is still on strike.Funny Country
No na uncle, Nigeria Send 71 students to abroad go study why Our ASUU Strike

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by OmichaelO: 12:43am On Sep 20, 2013
3 of my cousins were beneficiaries of the scholarship.. Not dis year tho'
2 morocco and 1 Cuba
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by delors(m): 1:02am On Sep 20, 2013
O.michael.O:
3 of my cousins were beneficiaries of the scholarship.. Not dis year tho'
2 morocco and 1 Cuba
Heya! congrats o. You nko? Tahiti?

4 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by chinaman666(m): 1:16am On Sep 20, 2013
bookface:

I don't understand why anyone will choose to go study in either Russia or China. Holidays, maybe. But to live, work or study? hell naw!

I don't know about Russia, but China is a delightful place to work and study. I suggest that you don't make assumptions based on hearsay without personal experience. China's third largest city, Guangzhou, is called "the chocolate city" for attracting so many African immigrants, who are accepted into the country and have flourished.

China has always embraced diversity. These students will be welcomed there and will have a great time.

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by trolling(m): 1:30am On Sep 20, 2013
marcangelo: Not only u davo93... I also followed dat BEA thread on naira land wit u, mehn my #42k just gone like dat, i tot it "man knw man" was a fake excuse by ppl..bt now i knw man knw man works in 9ja 100%.. D heartbreak, d dissapointed look on my folks face, and d shame i somhw feel aftr tellin almost evryone i'll b gone to russia....*sobs*
For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.Isaiah 1:29...Dont kill the messenger o, all i'm saying is the world will disappoint us ,there's no financial security in the world,it might seem we are secured for now but a rude global awakening is upon us and guess what the precedence is in the horizon

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by lovelydoll: 2:45am On Sep 20, 2013
i wouldn't be so excited to go to russia jugdeing by the news,but good luck to the students that go there
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by kabayomi(m): 3:01am On Sep 20, 2013
I wan comment b4but..... lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by victorD3: 3:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmm... at last! Congratulations to those selected and i wish them a very successful stay over there in their respective countries of study. I hope they prove to the whole world once again that Nigerians are not dull people but only been limited by the non-working atmosphere.

By the way, i don't want to say this so as not to sound like a looser but i can't help it. Its quite unfortunate after spending about 50K on the application procedures and requirements for the 2013 BEA scholarship and several horrible experiences i had during the application period which i can't start narrating here, the ministry of education has made a lot of us that applied feel like something secretive goes on in selecting the lucky ones. Yes, we were told the selection will be done by the donor nations but i beg to disagree that it went that way. Imagine we wrote an exam around 27th March, no result was released, no response from Federal Scholarship Board even when you contact them, their website went down and surprisingly, we heard the Supervising minister seeing them off. I say, the selection process is just too cloudy! No fairness; No transparency whatsoever.

My Oga at the top thing has been the order. Truly, everyone cannot be picked but why is the selection process not plain and conspicuous tovus all? I am sure a lot of Nairalanders that applied have more to say on this. Things like this make one feel like we have got no hope again in Nigeria but all thesame, i see a better Nigeria in the nearest future. Its high time we washed our system away from corruption that has eaten deep. I bless God, i am doing very fine where i am today but what of those young sharps that were disappointed same way and no breakthrough to an institution yet? May God help us all.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Don't allow your failure to ruin your heart
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by dasparrow: 3:42am On Sep 20, 2013
chinaman666:

I don't know about Russia, but China is a delightful place to work and study. I suggest that you don't make assumptions based on hearsay without personal experience. China's third largest city, Guangzhou, is called "the chocolate city" for attracting so many African immigrants, who are accepted into the country and have flourished.

China has always embraced diversity. These students will be welcomed there and will have a great time.

China a delightful place to study? hmmm, I don't believe you. I feel for this students because Chinese is a difficult language to learn with all that scribble scrabble in the way they write. In short, let me not saying anything.

@Post

I feel sorry for these students especially the ones going to Russia. Russia is a terrible country to live in if you are black. It seems the average Nigerian thinks that the way we treat white people when they come to Nigeria is the way they treat us when we go to theirs. Russians believe black people are monkeys with tails yet that is the kind of society that the Nigerian government saw fit to send young Nigerian students to? Chai, my heart bleeds.

You know back in the day, my father was also a recipient of one of these government scholarships but in the 1970s, Nigerian students were sponsored by our government to study in ADVANCED nations such as UK, Germany, USA and the likes. Today, they are being sent to study in 2nd world/developing countries like Ukraine, Russia and the likes. The indigines of such countries are not used to black people and since racist whites think and act like savages, many will not hesitate to attack you due to the color of your skin. Anyways, when they get there, the Nigerian students will have to find out how hostile and hateful Russians are the hard way. After all, they say experience remains the best teacher.

3 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by chukxie(m): 4:21am On Sep 20, 2013
dasparrow:

China a delightful place to study? hmmm, I don't believe you. I feel for this students because Chinese is a difficult language to learn with all that scribble scrabble in the way they write. In short, let me not saying anything.

@Post

I feel sorry for these students especially the ones going to Russia. Russia is a terrible country to live in if you are black. It seems the average Nigerian thinks that the way we treat white people when they come to Nigeria is the way they treat us when we go to theirs. Russians believe black people are monkeys with tails yet that is the kind of society that the Nigerian government saw fit to send young Nigerian students to? Chai, my heart bleeds.

You know back in the day, my father was also a recipient of one of these government scholarships but in the 1970s, Nigerian students were sponsored by our government to study in ADVANCED nations such as UK, Germany, USA and the likes. Today, they are being sent to study in 2nd world/developing countries like Ukraine, Russia and the likes. The indigines of such countries are not used to black people and since racist whites think and act like savages, many will not hesitate to attack you due to the color of your skin. Anyways, when they get there, the Nigerian students will have to find out how hostile and hateful Russians are the hard way. After all, they say experience remains the best teacher.

China is indeed a delightful place to study. Racism is everywhere. Show me one country where there isn't racism. Just what i thought. Blacks studying in China are respected especially when they prove to skeptics that they're academically sound and not in any way inferior to anyone. I speak from experience. In China, people will respect you when they hear you speaking Mandarin. Even, they will accord a black person more respect for speaking Mandarin than they would if a white person was heard speaking Mandarin. The reason is you're seen as an underdog with low intellect because that's what they've always been told, that's what they've read in books and that's what they watch on TV. So when you prove them wrong by showing how intellectual sound you are, geez you need to see the looks on their faces! If i had to chose between schooling in Russia and China, i'd chose China ten times over Russia. There are more opportunities in China than there are in Russia. The Chinese language is gradually becoming the language of the 21st century. There are now more Americans studying Chinese than ever before. For me it's China over Russia ! Zhongguo jia you! Naija jia you!

4 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ooshinibos: 6:25am On Sep 20, 2013
i fear for the safety of Nigerians in Russia ( you just google it ) , our peoplle have suffered open brutal agression from the racist extremist element in Russia , these contries should be investigated before you send black people to them.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ooshinibos: 6:26am On Sep 20, 2013
chukxie:

China is indeed a delightful place to study. Racism is everywhere. Show me one country where there isn't racism. Just what i thought. Blacks studying in China are respected especially when they prove to skeptics that they're academically sound and not in any way inferior to anyone. I speak from experience. In China, people will respect you when they hear you speaking Mandarin. Even, they will accord a black person more respect for speaking Mandarin than they would if a white person was heard speaking Mandarin. The reason is you're seen as an underdog with low intellect because that's what they've always been told, that's what they've read in books and that's what they watch on TV. So when you prove them wrong by showing how intellectual sound you are, geez you need to see the looks on their faces! If i had to chose between schooling in Russia and China, i'd chose China ten times over Russia. There are more opportunities in China than there are in Russia. The Chinese language is gradually becoming the language of the 21st century. There are now more Americans studying Chinese than ever before. For me it's China over Russia ! Zhongguo jia you! Naija jia you!

good point
i fear for the safety of Nigerians in Russia ( you just google it ) , our peoplle have suffered open brutal agression from the racist extremist element in Russia , these contries should be investigated before you send black people to them.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ronalmagic10(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2013
Aizebioje: Wait wait wait. Did I read that Nigeria is also offering foreign students scholarship? To these aggradized day care centres we call universities with academic calendars punctuated with incessant strikes by union workers? Laudable or LAUGHABLE

Bros, read your post again and tell me if it makes sense. Obviously, you didn't read the write-up before posting your comment.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ooshinibos: 6:30am On Sep 20, 2013
chukxie:

Russia NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i fear for the safety of Nigerians in Russia ( you just google it ) , our peoplle have suffered open brutal agression from the racist extremist element in Russia , these contries should be investigated before you send black people to them.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by ooshinibos: 6:34am On Sep 20, 2013
HOW CAN THIS GOVERNMENT SEND STUDENTS TO HOSTILE COUNTRIES LIKE RUSSIA THAT OPENLY HATE BLACK PEOPLE ...

Nigerians and their Government for their lack of foresight is just amazing
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by victorlexa(m): 6:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Y not UK,US,GERMANY,etc... Na all dis low class unis una dey take dem to
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by joshuaidibia(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2013
marcangelo: Not only u davo93... I also followed dat BEA thread on naira land wit u, mehn my #42k just gone like dat, i tot it "man knw man" was a fake excuse by ppl..bt now i knw man knw man works in 9ja 100%.. D heartbreak, d dissapointed look on my folks face, and d shame i somhw feel aftr tellin almost evryone i'll b gone to russia....*sobs*
Sory. Bt its a gud lesson 4u. Next tym,dnt tel any1 u are traveln until u are 100% sure about it. Al dsame. Take heart bro. Kip trying ok. Afterall,Nigeria failled many times b4 winning African Cup Of Nations again.

2 Likes

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by chukxie(m): 6:51am On Sep 20, 2013
victorlexa: Y not UK,US,GERMANY,etc... Na all dis low class unis una dey take dem to

Those universities you call low class are better than the so called high class universities we have in Nigeria.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by akpomeme(m): 7:02am On Sep 20, 2013
America has lost its ally. Obama is a simple rockstar... Clueless on managing international relationship. I hear a lot of bilateral this and that between Russian and NIgeira and NIgeria with ChIna. America where are thou!!!
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Good news,please ur guys should behave well.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by iLUMeN8(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2013
FSB is one curropt body. To an extent the selection process for BAE is a bit fair as a few candidates still get selected on merit. However, for commonwealth scholarships, it is strictly on 'man know man basis' as the candidates that get selected are handpicked by FSB officials.
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by PetDancer(f): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
delors:
Heya! congrats o. You nko? Tahiti?
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by adiscodigoxin: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2013
@wEsOmE:
Great NiGeRIAN STUDENTZ..!!! Great..!!
Great GBO GBO ...........!!!! Great...!!
Great GBA GBA.......!!!!! Great...!!
FunDaMENtal KiM KIM...!!!
AlUta EYHAAA...!!!!

I WAnt To YARN...!!
I want to Talk....!!!
I want To Communicate...!!!
I want To Vibrate ....!!
I want To Rotate...!!
I want To Prostrate...!!
I want to ........!!! ALeRT You all....
Naija is Messed Up... But no case I dnt knw Y we re bothern ourselfs wen we all know the world would soon end.... Let's Jux peacefully wait 4 d Trumpet 2 blow... I rest My case..!!
Baba,I don't think you would like to heAr the trumpet blow,those will be very rigorous time according to the scriptures,
Anyways,a lesson for one,a lesson for all,nothing in Nigeria ever goes uninfluenced by the Oga at the top syndrome where 3rd class are easily given scholarship than 1st class or 2nd class grads,where a poor dull boy wit 2 out of 400 from you know where easily gets admission into Unity schools than one with 220/400
My advice:if you know u're a professional or u got talent ,u better pack your load and luggages and leave this paralysed country
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by emmabest2000(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Good move.
However, having known the Nigerian style-these students will be left in a foreign land to cater for themselves, soonest the Nigerian Government would abandon them without care, money or anyother thing.
I just seriously hope this set will be an exception.
Students sent to China are better off because there are more job opportunities there in China than in the racist country-Russia.
Job in china Are you a learner
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by HABRUZZY(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2013
please brothers any scholarship available for northerners?
Re: 71 Nigerian Students Leave For China, Russia On Scholarship by emmabest2000(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2013
chinaman666:

假话 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat / 2009 JUNE/JULY NECO Result Released. / Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.