Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims (7763 Views)

HAJJ Pilgrims Defrauded, Stranded At Lagos Airport / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
The Ogun State Government has given out free mobile phones to each pilgrim from the state currently on Holy Pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia to ease communication among them.

According to the government, the gesture is part of its measures to ensure a hitch-free Hajj for the 1224 pilgrims expected to participate in this year’s exercise from the state.

A second batch of 504 pilgrims arrived the city of Medinah, increasing the number of the contingent from the state to 1004. The remaining 220 are expected to depart Lagos on Friday.

Leader of the delegation, Imam Noah Sodeinde, while addressing the pilgrims, appreciated their orderliness and described the arrangement whereby they are air-lifted directly to Medina instead of Jeddah as a novel idea put in place by the Ibikunle Amosun government which is committed towards ensuring their welfare during the pilgrimage.

Jamiu Balogun, one of the pilgrims from the state said the trip was successful and worthwhile while also commending the government for the provision of the mobile phones.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/09/19/hajj-pilgrims-receive-free-phones-from-ogun-state/

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is soo annoying!!! Why should the government fund people going on pilgrimage?? Shouldn't that be personal?!

We really have a long way to go in this country, the government priorities need to be redefined.

Its not as if sponsoring pilgrimage will reduce the crime rate, corruption or child marriage in the country/state

Any Christian or Muslim that wants to go on pilgrimage should do so from his/her own pocket, God will surely appreciate it more!

The thing that pain me pass be say this same governor said he can only pay a small fraction of all NYSC members serving in state schools/LG because there is no money!

Amosun is trying to tell us that sponsoring and buying phones for these people is more important than NYSC members who come from far and wide....... Who have to survive on 19, 800 per month

Note: money spent on these pilgrims are a luxury but NYSC members need their earned allowances to survive (remember corpers worked for the money)

18 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by deols(f): 4:53am On Sep 20, 2013
OMG!

At this age and time, you have this much hatred over something GOOGlE could have helped you on?

Pilgrims PAY for their hajj and the government makes money from it.

It is only right that whatever would make the pilgrims comfortable is provided by the government. This is like a good customer service.

Some just like to rant when it is a matter of religion even when they have no idea of what is going on.

19 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by iterator25: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2013
Grabs hijab #muslim thingz

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by jhydebaba(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Phones made from where

Creating employment abroad while they impoverished the land.

Misplaced priorities tongue
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Abimloaded(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2013
Soon they'll buy them PC/Tablet for Easier Access to Nairaland. Deluded Government

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2013
What's the model of the phones being given out?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by wellmax(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2013
deols: OMG!

At this age and time, you have this much hatred over something GOOGlE could have helped you on?

Pilgrims PAY for their hajj and the government makes money from it.

It is only right that whatever would make the pilgrims comfortable is provided by the government. This is like a good customer service.

Some just like to rant when it is a matter of religion even when they have no idea of what is going on.

I beg to differ, maybe in Ogun state.
It is common knowledge that states in the North sponsor pilgrimages for some of its citizen.
http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/ejournals/index.php/ijourel/article/view/405
http://allafrica.com/stories/201208110728.html

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2013
Lol. Just laughing. I'm enjoying this e-fight (NO LONG TIN vs deols)
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Na phone tins for them
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2013
I hope its nt some Chinko fone with not-easy-to-pronounce name. *Jus sayin
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by kunlekuz3: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
hmmm
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by laplace19(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
Nice one by the government.....

...But on a second thought,WERE THEY NOT WITH THEIR PHONES ALREADY?

...OR THEY DON'T HAVE PHONE AT ALL?

...And what's the essence of giving out another phone to each and every one of them if they already have phones?....... Just asking.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by bloggernaija: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2013
If you can afford to go on hajj, you can afford to buy a phone.
Worst thing I have seen ajimobi do
Very stupid idea to be funding this religious nonsense while many sectors are dying for attention.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Osama10(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
I bet there people roaming the streets of that state hungry, homeless, jobless and even lifeless.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by pesty100(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2013
Another avenue to loot.... What concerns the government with those going to hajj....

1 Like

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
OMG I made 1st 15 today.... Oh I can't believe this...
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Johnnyhoo(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Johnnyhoo(m): 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=rhema4u]OMG I made 1st 15 today.... Oh I can't believe this...

Keep dreaming..
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by abatajjvii: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2013
sure chinko phones to wake them up early with her noise

a nice one anyway
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by taiyesoul(f): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2013
NO LONG TIN: This is soo annoying!!! Why should the government fund people going on pilgrimage?? Shouldn't that be personal?!

We really have a long way to go in this country, the government priorities need to be redefined.

Its not as if sponsoring pilgrimage will reduce the crime rate, corruption or child marriage in the country/state

Any Christian or Muslim that wants to go on pilgrimage should do so from his/her own pocket, God will surely appreciate it more!

The thing that pain me pass be say this same governor said he can only pay a small fraction of all NYSC members serving in state schools/LG because there is no money!

Amosun is trying to tell us that sponsoring and buying phones for these people is more important than NYSC members who come from far and wide....... Who have to survive on 19, 800 per month

Note: money spent on these pilgrims are a luxury but NYSC members need their earned allowances to survive (remember corpers worked for the money)

Mr no long thing or no short thing,your arguement above is totally unjustifiable.You can even ask the Governor to start paying undergraduates' allawi!.Did he buy any phone for the pilgrims last year?.why dont you attack the Federal Government instead to settle NYSC?.na Ogun state govt get NYSC ni?.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by jmoore(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Buy recharge cards for them. smh
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Exponental(m): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2013
?
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by IYANGBALI: 10:20am On Sep 20, 2013
NO LONG TIN: This is soo annoying!!! Why should the government fund people going on pilgrimage?? Shouldn't that be personal?!

abeg no put sand sand for my gari o,govt is about to sponsor my own trip o,you no know say fingers no dey equal

1 Like

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by deols(f): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2013
wellmax:

I beg to differ, maybe in Ogun state.
It is common knowledge that states in the North sponsor pilgrimages for some of its citizen

If you want to speak against sponsoring SOME citizens, please do so. But don't make a wash of the majority, in thousands who save up and pay for their own pilgrimage.
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2013
If Jonathan did this

what would people say?

Blind emotional sentimental haters

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Fazhy: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2013
rhema4u: OMG I made 1st 15 today.... Oh I can't believe this...

grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Dygeasy(m): 10:23am On Sep 20, 2013
bloggernaija: If you can afford to go on hajj, you can afford to buy a phone.
Worst thing I have seen ajimobi do
Very stupid idea to be funding this religious nonsense while many sectors are dying for attention.
Oh Man! I'm So Sorry For You.

You Need To Revisit Primary School Or Get A Current Affairs Book.

Is Ajimobi The Governor Of Ogun State?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by cachal: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Why are people angry when something is done to assist religion in this country? both Christians and Muslims are guilty of this..
Re: Ogun Gives Free Phones To Hajj Pilgrims by Tuntheycr7: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Dnt u get it?
Hymmmm.
B4 u knw it the state govt wud said they spent N15m to purchased phones 4d pilgrimages. God de

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islamic Medical Science: Wrong Science / The Islamic Response To Trials And Hardships / Fasting And Fidyah Regarding The Pregnant & Breastfeeding Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.