Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki (12364 Views)

Ugently Need Plot Of Land Within Mowe Or Ibafo / I Need Plots Of Land At Mowe Or Ibafo And Badagry / I Need A Bungalow In A Developing Area Off Lagos Like Mowe Or Ikorodu As I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Toks2008(m): 4:31am On Jun 23, 2008
Hello Nairalanders

I am considering getting 3 plots of land in mowe or ibeju lekki. Which location is better? Your suggestions needed please.

Thanks

Toks
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Tiphareth(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
IMHO I think Mowe is better owing to its proximity to Ikeja(the nearest city) than Ibeju Lekki which is far away from Victoria Island(the nearest city). Also, given the traffic mayhem in the Lekki area, things could just get worse. Ibeju could be considered if only local businesses, cargo airport, free trade zone, etc, etc, could spring up overnight. Moreso, it is practically impossible to travel from Ibeju Lekki to and from the Island for daily work. While, you can travel from Mowe to Ikeja on a daily basis for work.

This is just my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Toks2008(m): 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2008
Thanks my guy.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by thirdeye(m): 12:04am On Jun 25, 2008
I know I have promoted Mowe in this forum, but when you are talking of prospects looking at the future with a thirdeye and an enterpreneurial approach Ibeju-Lekki is far way ahead to Mowe.
V/I, Ikoyi e.t.c and anything along that road or line will always be in the eyes of big time investors, for now and in time to come (HFP etc) Ibeju-Lekki as you can see is in the same line, While Ibeju-L has rich neighbours you can't say that of Mowe.
And when you talk of proximity to big areas, no matter how you see it V/I is bigger to Ikeja in terms of commercial or making money wise.
Trends matters Mowe will open up soon no doubt, but the cost of buying land in Ibeju-Lekki will be x4 of Mowe by then.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Toks2008(m): 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2008
shocked
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by james1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2008
Toks.
If you had looked up the great happening coming lekki's way,expansion of the free-way,dry dock:there already and free trade zone,friend,you won't compare lekki to ikeja not to talk of mowe,haba! smiley
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Toks2008(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2008
thanks to you all,

I quite appreciate your views but lets look at it this way, Mowe is fast gaining ground and i feel it will be nice to catch up with the trend before it gets too late. I quite understand that in terms of popularity and urban settlement, ibeju lekki is far better but i have this inner convinsion that Mowe will be like Ajah in a very few years to come.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by folarina(m): 12:22am On Jun 28, 2008
If this might be of help to you,Mowe will take another 5 years before activities starts to happen there.

I bought a plot of land in an estate in Mowe 3 years ago and it is still the same way it was when i bought it .
I wish i had bought in Ibeju lekki instead.
I will advise don't put all your eggs in one basket buy 1 in mowe and 2 in Lekki or vice versa.

A word is enough for the wise,

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by liftedone(f): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
@folarina, you hit the nail on the head. Many of the so-called developers in Mowe/Ofada are simply trading with people's money. They tell you to pay such a small amount and can you imagine the number of people who do pay for these plots? Then they go and invest the money. Moreover, the pace of development in Mowe/Ofada cannot be compared to Ibeju-Lekki.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by beninman(m): 2:18am On Aug 07, 2008
How much are plots going for in Ibeju-Lekki now? I want someone with ideal to please let me know.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by cgift(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2008
My brother, Ibeju is far better by all standards. I can authoritatively confirm (dont ask me my sources) that an Airport is coming to Ibeju. For those of you who have followed my advert on Ibeju, i had said that infrastructure is massively cominig to that area. Four dual carriages are being built to connect Ibeju into Epe land areas largely used for Agriculature at the moment. You wont believe it. Though there are a number of areass alloted to the government, not all are as such. i have staked awhole lot just waiting for the explosion.

Recently, you wont believe, officials of the state government met with some families over the government's intent to buy their lands. Some are already selling, while others are who see the future are bluntly refusing.This is classified info.

If you have contacts in lands ministry of the state government , check it out and disprove me if you can.

For me, Ibeju and environs is just it. It is serene, mostly on the upland and not water-looged. Many developmental projects going on already and estates, well planned sprining up ehre and there. It is not disorganised at all. It is also strategically located such that you can easily pass time off at Eleko beach. The major roads are tarred and strong and are not busy at all.

I will advice any day and time to put your money on Ibeju.

I have plots in Ibeju Lekki area. Contact me on crownsgift@yahoo.com if you care.

cheerio.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by abujabooks(f): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2008
@Cgift,

How much are you selling a plot?
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by cnnnigeria: 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ beninman
I have some plots of land at Abijan and Awoyaya.
If you are interested send a mail to ade2me@yahoo.com
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by MrCrackles(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2008
both areas are rubbish!
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by isaco(m): 6:28am On Sep 09, 2008
before you choose the best area, consider the cost of the two location in line with your financial state, the environmental impact, the land use, future of the area, access of the area to where you always patronise e g office.

l wish you well

www,buildingcontractor2k,,com
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by abujabooks(f): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Brash,

Instead of saying both areas are rubbish, why don't u say why, they are not ideal. This is for people to learn.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by beninman(m): 3:26am On Sep 10, 2008
Be careful oooo if you are buying land in Lekki area ooo!!! I am just from Nigeria and 419s show me so many land in lekki and they even have papers for some of the land.
What I do first is, take the paper and go to Ikeja for verification first before anything and when I get there, I will found out that the land neither be a Government land or the papers are all 419 papers.
So many people will tell you in that area that they are the king of the land and when they sell you a place no one can ever come with any question! My people, they are all lying ooo. Just be careful if you want to buy land in Nigeria. As for me, I am well connected and I have people in Alausa, Ikeja and I have super military officers and many more big people in Lagos. And I also apply my number 6 sense to see everything myself. I only end-up buying two plots in that lekki area and fence it round like prison compounds, sand filled them and lock the gate!
I have apply for C of O for the two plots and that should be ready very soon.
If you want to buy a land in Lagos, you have to clean your number 6, and wear your bullet prove and always hold your sending asses to land of see me no more with you.
Even renting, is not easy too in Lagos. Maybe some of you might remember that time I was asking people here to help me with an apartment to rent. When I arrived Lagos, I started calling the contacts numbers that people gave me here in Nairaland and I visited most places. My people, could you believe that some of them even ask me to rent where they live? Renting and buying in Lagos without number six or army with you and you know big big men, will end up buying from 419 and your money will be gone forever body.
This mowe, lekki thing!! Be careful ooooo. But if you are buying from Estate, the risk is not too much!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by faoogoke(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2008
My fear for Lekki axis is that some time in the future and probably not too long from now, the lagoon and the ocean will swallow up a large portion of the area. I do not wish for this to happen but it seem to me it would.
If you're smart and thinking medium/long trem, Mowe is okay. If your are for short term, Lekki is good.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by DarkFive: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
Now am Confused Interesting Thread
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by ujchief(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
6 years later....

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by MrMcJay(m): 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
ujchief: 6 years later....

cgift: My brother, Ibeju is far better by all standards. I can authoritatively confirm (dont ask me my sources) that an Airport is coming to Ibeju. For those of you who have followed my advert on Ibeju, i had said that infrastructure is massively cominig to that area. Four dual carriages are being built [/b]to connect Ibeju into Epe land areas largely used for Agriculature at the moment. You wont believe it. Though there are a number of areass alloted to the government, not all are as such. i have staked awhole lot just waiting for the explosion.
Recently, you wont believe, [b]officials of the state government met with some families over the government's intent to buy their lands
. Some are already selling, while others are who see the future are bluntly refusing.This is classified info.
If you have contacts in lands ministry of the state government , check it out and disprove me if you can.
For me, Ibeju and environs is just it. It is serene, mostly on the upland and not water-looged. Many developmental projects going on already and estates, well planned sprining up ehre and there. It is not disorganised at all. It is also strategically located such that you can easily pass time off at Eleko beach. The major roads are tarred and strong and are not busy at all.
I have plots in Ibeju Lekki area. Contact me on crownsgift@yahoo.com if you care.
cheerio.

True.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by ujchief(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2014
MrMcJay:

True.

Airport at ibeju-lekki?
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by efeblin(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
we are developing an estate at Alatese just after cosharis motors/ greenspring school ibeju lekki local govt area of Lagos. Its Kloutville1. Currently we have about 200 plots remaining from one 600 plots. Aplot of land sells at 1.5million naira now. If you are interested kindly call the manager 08068798149 as soon as you can. offer valid while stock last
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by architectHUrSH(m): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
cgift:
My brother, Ibeju is far better by all standards. I can authoritatively confirm (dont ask me my sources) that an Airport is coming to Ibeju. For those of you who have followed my advert on Ibeju, i had said that infrastructure is massively cominig to that area. Four dual carriages are being built to connect Ibeju into Epe land areas largely used for Agriculature at the moment. You wont believe it. Though there are a number of areass alloted to the government, not all are as such. i have staked awhole lot just waiting for the explosion.

Recently, you wont believe, officials of the state government met with some families over the government's intent to buy their lands. Some are already selling, while others are who see the future are bluntly refusing.This is classified info.

cheerio.

True after 9 years

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by oyezsenior(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2017
cgift:

cheerio.
hope this man listened to your advise. This is 9years after and Mowe instead of developing, it's getting worst
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by seuncyrus(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2018
woow , 10 years later ... Ibeju lekki

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Homeyfav: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2018
Now we all know that buying a property at Ibeju Lekki is far better than buying at Mowe.
Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by Dominus07: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2018
Hello guys,
Lets not be sentimental here, both locations have their perks but in terms of land value and investment potential, even in the next 20years, you cannot compare ibafo to ibeju lekki. The different is very clear.

Mowe/ibafo is not located in Lagos state and therefore cannot enjoy benefits accrued to the state. There are no landmarks per say when compared. Ibeju/Lekki on the other hand provides wonderful coastal scenery coupled with various landmarks like Free trade zone, Dangote refinery, Lekki deep sea port, Lekki-epe int'l airport, Pan atlantic university, golf courses amongst many others.

There is an actual plan to turn the area into a smart city and commercial hub in itself following the planned industrialization and tourism effort being made.

Friends, don't get it twisted... Ibeju Lekki is the way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by enchilada: 6:44am On Apr 21, 2019
11 years later. Ibeji lekki has a refinery. What else? I can't see no Seaport, Airport, the 4 major roads etc

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by tabithababy(f): 7:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Ibeju-lekki Real estate agent just full here

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by romeorailss: 6:47pm On May 26, 2019
tabithababy:
Ibeju-lekki Real estate agent just full here

Forget agents . Do your findings , ibeju lekki is the way forward smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki by cgift(m): 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
enchilada:
11 years later. Ibeji lekki has a refinery. What else? I can't see no Seaport, Airport, the 4 major roads etc

Infrastructure takes time. But let us be honest, you cannot compare the two. i said that 12 years ago. Here we are today. The two cannot compare. My clients who invested in Mowe land still dey there... Yes, it has grown, but to be honest, you cannot compare the joy to what is happening at Ibeju. Ibeju is so better organised and a clear line of vision from the LASG for that place.

You downplay Refinery? Hmm. That would be a big mistake. I know what is coming. The predictions actualising might be a slow grind, but it will come. smiley The refinery is even the small part.. the industrialisation of that place is even more interesting. And with such industrialisation would be the need reacreation (I will allow your educated mind to ponder on the full extent of what that could mean economically) ...

I won't bore you with details, but I still dare you to invest in Ibeju.

Many thanks,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To build A 6 Bedrooms Duplex In 5 Months, The Fight For Timely Delivery. / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures / Uncompleted Building At Gwarimpa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.