Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties (2122 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Abdulmumin Jibrin Allocates N4.1b Projects To His Constituency / Boko Haram: World Bank Allocates $800m For Rebuilding North East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
The soar-away Hot 99.5FM radio station in Owerri has been served a seven-day
demolition notice by the Owerri Capital Development Authority (OCDA).
The statement conveying the impending demolition is dated September 17, 2013 and
signed by one Chief Amadi for Proper Investments Limited, the executing
consultants to the OCDA.
The statement which described structures at the radio station as illegal and defective
also directed the radio house to restore the piece of land to its original state prior to
its development.
Official statement from the OCDA further averred that the structures and location of the radio house violated the city’s
masterplan and as such insists that the radio station must either evacuate of go under the bulldozer.
It is apparent however that the planned demolition of the radio house cannot be isolated from recent developments in the
state which had put over a thousand holes on Governor Rochas Okorocha’s once saintly garb.
The radio house was evidently the major platform upon which residents of Imo stood to tear down the widely unacceptable
law legalizing medical abortion in the state, popularly known as the ‘Okorocha’s abortion law’ and believed to be worth
several millions of Dollars.

Not a few people are convinced that the planned demolition is designed to intimidate and cow the radio house which has
given political opposition an outlet to vent their diverging political views.
Similarly, the prolife activist and neurosurgeon who blew the whistle on the contentious section of the controversial law that
expressly encouraged abortion in all the trimesters of pregnancy, is also receiving a similar treatment from the Rochas
Okorocha administration.
Crimefacts.org can authoritatively report that the 5.01 hectares of land duly allotted to Dr. Philip Njemanze and a consortium
of pro-life doctors, for an international standard medical and research facility,with space for two helipads, has not only been
revoked but has been re-allotted to a select group of legislators from the Imo State House of Assembly, largely as part of
their compensations for facilitating the swift enactment of the ‘abortion law’ and as punishment to Njemanze for his
vociferous stand against the law. While proxies of some of the lawmakers have already moved in to check and evaluate the
land, others have been heard bragging of securing plots of land with the least securing five plots at the site located along
Naze/Aba road. According to Dr. Philip Njemanze, he still has a valid Certificate of Occupancy for the property in question.
Commenting, the National Publicity Secretary of the Progressive People’s Alliance (PPA), Chief Vitalis Ajumbe described these
acts of harassment and intimidation as politics taken too far and warned the governor to realize that his tenure as governor
was not for a lifetime.
Another prominent indigene of the state who spoke on condition of anonymity said it is part of the grand plan by the
administration of Governor Rochas Okorocha to muzzle the independent press in the state ahead of 2015 general elections.
He revealed that two other media outfits seen as constituting opposition to the government had been similarly marked for
harassment.

Responding, the Public Relations Officer of OCDA, Mrs Ada Okwara disclosed that the OCDA is undertaking what it has code-
named Operation Show Your Building Permit.
According to her, any landlord who shows the permit of his building has nothing to fear.
But those who are found wanting, she said, would be compelled to obtain their permit and as well pay penalty.
She added that the agency was not interested in demolishing people’s property.
Mrs Okwara stated that in the case of Hot FM, the media outfit was not able to show its permit when it was approached to
do so and thereby risks demolition of its structures if it does not comply by obtaining the permit and paying the fine of
N500,000.
Hot FM is owned by Senator Chris Anyanwu who represents Owerri Zone at the National Assembly on the platform of All
Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA). It would be recalled that the senator’s convoy was involved in a row on December 26,
2012 along the Azaraegbelu section of the ever-busy Owerri-Umuahia Expressway with Gov. Okorocha’s convoy.

http://crimefacts.org/wp-content/themes/Avenue/images/wrapper-bg.png
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Niggmatic: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmm. Interesting
space booked
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
All this criminal APC governors SMH God forbid they ll never smell the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by asha80(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
if this story is true then rochas is beginning to turn to something else.people would start viewing him the way ohakim was being viewd before he was kicked out.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
asha 80: if this story is true then rochas is beginning to turn to something else.
Am telling you! one thing i despise is intimidation by anyone irrespective of your position. This is really making our leaders go crazy and power intoxicated .smh

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by DerideGull(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
This is typical characteristics of Mallam Rochas Okorocha. What does the fool know about stem cell research that encouraged him to put up young girls from Imo State as guinea pigs?
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
All of them are the same.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
DerideGull: This is typical characteristics of Mallam Rochas Okorocha. What does the fool know about stem cell research that encouraged him to put up young girls from Imo State as guinea pigs?
Dede m, please could you elaborate further? Anu be m nke a before!
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Lilimax(f): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mallam Rochas is gradually turning to something else sad.
President ko, Governor nee?: sad
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by DerideGull(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
berem: Dede m, please could you elaborate further? Anu be m nke a before!

Nwannem Nwanyi, so you have not heard that Okorocha’s abortion law is linked to Stem Cell Research in USA? No wonder these moronic dingbats passing as governors and politicians take Nigerian residents for jokes. Of all the states in Nigeria, how come Imo State is where abortion law is contemplated?
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lilimax: Mallam Rochas is gradually turning to something else sad.
President ko, Governor nee?: sad
i sokwa akpo Governor anyi mallam? grin
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
DerideGull:

Nwannem Nwanyi, so you have not heard that Okorocha’s abortion law is linked to Stem Cell Research in USA? No wonder these moronic dingbats passing as governors and politicians take Nigerian residents for jokes. Of all the states in Nigeria, how come Imo State is where abortion law is contemplated?
What has Stem cells go to do with abortion biko nu? Am just confused seriously! Am really curious to know about the so called stem cells and what it has to do with the abortion law.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Lilimax(f): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
berem: i sokwa akpo Governor anyi mallam? grin
Nwanne, the number of Ndi ugwu Aboki that I saw in Owerri the last time i visited was something else sad.
When I asked, i was told that he brings them emasse to the state and empowers them.
I'm still watching this man eziokwuundecided?
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lilimax:
Nwanne, the number of Ndi ugwu Aboki that I saw in Owerri the last time i visited was something else sad.
When I asked, i was told that he brings them emasse to the state and empowers them.
Hiaaaa! Odikwa serious! shocked

angry
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by DerideGull(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lilimax:

They (Ndi ugwu Aboki) are the ones that bid for Mallam Rochas Okorocha’s murderous tendencies. Mallam Rochas Okorocha is a compound evil. The Imo State people were crying because one of their sons embezzled funds. Now they have got a devil that has not only embezzled the fund but will render their young girls infertile due to repeated abortions to support Stem Cell Reserch in USA.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by kingbang: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Is Abagworo not here yet to defend his master? Damn! Somebody is about to lose his job. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by abagoro(m): 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
Funny report. I almost fell for the lies until I read the last paragraph. They should pay the fine and stop politicizing unnecessary issues. The Njemanze of a guy, has he built any structure on the said land which is suspect to me? How did he amass so much wealth to buy such land or he was given the land as a political gift? Government has right to withdraw C of O but will compensate on the infrastructure and economic trees in the said land.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by abagoro(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
kingbang: Is Abagworo not here yet to defend his master? Damn! Somebody is about to lose his job. grin grin

I'm a made man and don't need a dime from anyone. You should have known my standing long ago.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by asha80(m): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Lilimax:
there is nothing wrong if other ethnics populate owerri after all you and some others do not stay in igboland.....
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro: Funny report. I almost fell for the lies until I read the last paragraph. They should pay the fine and stop politicizing unnecessary issues. The Njemanze of a guy, has he built any structure on the said land which is suspect to me? How did he amass so much wealth to buy such land or he was given the land as a political gift? Government has right to withdraw C of O but will compensate on the infrastructure and economic trees in the said land.
Thanks for your clarification Abagworo! Now am satisfied with your response.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
asha 80: there is nothing wrong if other ethnics populate owerri after all you and some others do not stay in igboland.....
I was about saying the same too! after all igbos occupy other non igbo states. How many are the ndi ugwu compared to the migration of igbos to other states? just as the igbos seek for greener pastures, so as the hausas.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by kingbang: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
abagoro: Funny report. I almost fell for the lies until I read the last paragraph. They should pay the fine and stop politicizing unnecessary issues. The Njemanze of a guy, has he built any structure on the said land which is suspect to me? How did he amass so much wealth to buy such land or he was given the land as a political gift? Government has right to withdraw C of O but will compensate on the infrastructure and economic trees in the said land.

Good! You have earned your pay sir! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by DerideGull(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2013

Mr. Made-man, does the last paragraph includes”the Public Relations Officer of OCDA, Mrs Ada Okwara disclosed that the OCDA is undertaking what it has code-named Operation Show Your Building Permit”? I hope Mallam Rochas Okorocha will show his permit where Lemorde Hotel stands and stupid structure that stood adjacent to the hotel. How many residents of Owerri are affected by this deceitful Operation Show Your Building Permit?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Desric(m): 5:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Handiwork of jobless idle minds!
Yesterday it was Rochas and the Bill Gate's connection for 2015 to become the VP, today, it is Rochas and the Abortion law. How senseless?
So how will Rochas reconcile the perceived research when they girls do the abortions? Is he going to build special hospitals for abortion, or the law will only empower qualified Doctors and Clinics to conduct abortions when necessary? Now some misguided and disgruntled elements are lamenting that Governor Rochas is bringing in a lot the Northerners into Imo state, not quite long ago, same group of persons almost crucified Governor Fashola and FFK for deporting some Anambra indigines and also saying that Lagos state is not a no man's land. Some species of humans should as a matter of fact be thrown away from the Ibo race to enable the race concentrate and live up to their potentials.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by BarryX(m): 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
HOT FM??
For Christ sakes, That's the only communication outfit in Owerri -- Radio & television combined.
The others are as pathetic as they sound -- not fit for ear & eyes consumption

1 Like

Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
My own b say make he try complete all d road construction he start for Orlu!
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by ChimaAdeoye: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Rochas has truly become a dictator since he began dining with the APC dictators.
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
BarryX: HOT FM??
For Christ sakes, That's the only communication outfit in Owerri -- Radio & television combined.
The others are as pathetic as they sound -- not fit for ear & eyes consumption
What happened to Heartland FM and Oriental FM? I have missed owerri a lot! grin
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by talktimi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jarule in Ekiti state & OCDA in Owerri, who rugged pass ? The traits are becoming common
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by Pattey(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Silencing dissenting voices at all costs. . . Uuhhhmm, cool ? cool
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by stkelly(m): 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
well lets wait and see if he extends his revocation to all those self allocated empty plots at the industrial layout on onitsha road. Political witch hunt for all i care, desperate Roach grin tongue
Re: Rochas Moves To Demolish HOT FM Radio,Re-allocates Dr.Njemanze's Properties by DerideGull(m): 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Desric: Handiwork of jobless idle minds!
Yesterday it was Rochas and the Bill Gate's connection for 2015 to become the VP, today, it is Rochas and the Abortion law. How senseless?
So how will Rochas reconcile the perceived research when they girls do the abortions? Is he going to build special hospitals for abortion, or the law will only empower qualified Doctors and Clinics to conduct abortions when necessary? Now some misguided and disgruntled elements are lamenting that Governor Rochas is bringing in a lot the Northerners into Imo state, not quite long ago, same group of persons almost crucified Governor Fashola and FFK for deporting some Anambra indigines and also saying that Lagos state is not a no man's land. Some species of humans should as a matter of fact be thrown away from the Ibo race to enable the race concentrate and live up to their potentials.

Please I urge you to inquire about the status of the so-called IMSU teaching hospital in Orlu because you flag off tangentially

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi State Govt Takes N15billion Loan To Build Homes For Yuguda, Mu’azu / Gani Fawehinmi NCP Party vs APC Party barawo Ahmed Tinubuwal Who Is A Thief / Gmb's Borno Visit: A Poor Man Surprised/shocked Him To Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.