Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? (2512 Views)

How My Prayers Healed An Ebola Victim – Kumuyi / HELP! My Prayers Work On People Than Myself... / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Gud day pple
I hav a neigbhor who is a second wife n needs my prayer.

Seems she is having difficulty conceivin again after her first child

I bliv her position as a second wife is not right with God as she is collecting somebodys husband

Now she wants me to commit her in my prayer n reach out to BABA GOD for her

I already hav said a prayer for her but somtin tells me its wrong knowin she is a second wife

She goes to church and all-night n acts lik she is the only madam. Although her character most times r zero as she is the mouth running type

Now I want to know if I should cont prayin for her
NB
First wife has children in a seperate compound the husband comes to pass the night wit second wife
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okpurukata(f): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Flee from this husband snAtcher with all ur might

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by obi4eze(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
Well, thank God you already know the truth about polygamy.
Now, what kind of prayer did you pray for her? Did you pray for her to conceive as a second wife?

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
okpurukata: Flee from this husband snAtcher with all ur might
hmmm thanks for d advice
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
obi4eze: Well, thank God you already know the truth about polygamy.
Now, what kind of prayer did you pray for her? Did you pray for her to conceive as a second wife?

Yes I did but like I said, I knew It as wrong
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by anibi9674: 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Prayer 2 continue in sin or 2 b free 4rm sin?

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by tobechi74: 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
You sound as if your own prayer determines if she would deliver safely or not
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 12:52am On Sep 21, 2013
@OP

No where in christian doctrine is polygamy outlawed. All the people who go about enforcing monogamy on all christians are simply acting either out of ignorance or deliberately using "christianity" to enforce their personal (and wicked) biases against other people's choice of marriage. A recommendation was made in the bible that a man aspiring to be a bishop(an official position) should be a husband of one wife (Titus 1:6, 1 Timothy 3:2, 1 Timothy 3:12). How do you guys now translate this to become a law enforceable on all christians(or anybody for that matter). Your judging whether or not she is worthy to benefit from your prayers because of her status as a second wife is totally misplaced, and as long as she(or her husband) doesn't hold any official positions that excludes polygamy, then you are in no position whatsoever to judge her polygamy.

Again I say: All people who enforce this rule on everybody are either ignorant of outright wicked.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by tobechi74: 1:27am On Sep 21, 2013
Pray for an enemy
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 21, 2013
[s]
okeyxyz: @OP

No where in christian doctrine is polygamy outlawed. All the people who go about enforcing monogamy on all christians are simply acting either out of ignorance or deliberately using "christianity" to enforce their personal (and wicked) biases against other people's choice of marriage. A recommendation was made in the bible that a man aspiring to be a bishop(an official position) should be a husband of one wife (Titus 1:6, 1 Timothy 3:2, 1 Timothy 3:12). How do you guys now translate this to become a law enforceable on all christians(or anybody for that matter). Your judging whether or not she is worthy to benefit from your prayers because of her status as a second wife is totally misplaced, and as long as she(or her husband) doesn't hold any official positions that excludes polygamy, then you are in no position whatsoever to judge her polygamy.

Again I say: All people who enforce this rule on everybody are either ignorant of wicked.
[/s]
Nonsense. What of polyandry? Is it outlawed too?

@op when next she asks for your prayers tell her polygamy is against your church doctrines. I suppose it is.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 4:19am On Sep 21, 2013
Phoenix619: [s][/s]

@op when next she asks for your prayers tell her polygamy is against your church doctrines. I suppose it is.

Why don't you show or explain to us, a christian doctrine which outlaws polygamy for general christians? A bishop is a christian office, for the select few.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2013
okeyxyz:

Why don't you show or explain to us, a christian doctrine which outlaws polygamy for general christians? A bishop is a christian office, for the select few.

Why don't you answer my question first? You're the one making all the claims
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by obi4eze(m): 8:03am On Sep 21, 2013
azubaby:

Yes I did but like I said, I knew It as wrong
Alright. The issue of marriage is delicate and wisdom has to be applied in this case and even though she(your neighbour) is in a wrong relationship, your manner of approach to the issue matters. The bible says that wisdom is profitable to direct.
What you would do now depends on a number of things: how close both of you are and whether you have preached to her before.

When you consider these things, you would know what to do next.

If you are married, you can ask your husband what he feels about the matter.

In addition, your prayer for her should be that God opens her eyes and helps her have an encounter with Him.

Above all, ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and He'll tell you what to do. He never fails.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 21, 2013
azubaby: Gud day pple
I hav a neigbhor who is a second wife n needs my prayer.

Seems she is having difficulty conceivin again after her first child

I bliv her position as a second wife is not right with God as she is collecting somebodys husband

Now she wants me to commit her in my prayer n reach out to BABA GOD for her

I already hav said a prayer for her but somtin tells me its wrong knowin she is a second wife

She goes to church and all-night n acts lik she is the only madam. Although her character most times r zero as she is the mouth running type

Now I want to know if I should cont prayin for her
NB
First wife has children in a seperate compound the husband comes to pass the night wit second wife
Hmmmm! Just do yours for God. You don't pay evil back with evil. Trust me your children would reap the fruit. smiley
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2013
[quote author=okeyxyz]@OP

Again I say: All people who enforce this rule on everybody are either ignorant of outright wicked. [/quote

Am not judgin her. I hav said a prayer for her, but later, my spirit was just tellin me its wrong prayin for a husband snatcher. The first wife I heard is very bittered wit d second wife for ruining her marriage, her husband nolonger gives her max attention
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2013
obi4eze:
Alright. The issue of marriage is delicate and wisdom has to be applied in this case and even though she(your neighbour) is in a wrong relationship, your manner of approach to the issue matters. The bible says that wisdom is profitable to direct.
What you would do now depends on a number of things: how close both of you are and whether you have preached to her before.

When you consider these things, you would know what to do next.

If you are married, you can ask your husband what he feels about the matter.

In addition, your prayer for her should be that God opens her eyes and helps her have an encounter with Him.

Above all, ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom and He'll tell you what to do. He never fails.

Thanks.

Thanks for dat
I do preach to her directly n indirectly but I bliv I can do more.
Will now redirect my prayer for God to open her eyes. Its well
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2013
okeyxyz:

The word Christian came into existence in the new testament and none of those christians/apostles married more than one wife.

John 4:16-18.

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”

17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”

Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2013
@OP,

Pls don't pray for her to conceive rather pray for the salvation of her soul. She is an adulterer heading to eternal damnation. She needs Jesus in her life. When this happens, nobody will tell her to run away from that home. The spirit of God will do the work of conviction once he takes over her life.

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by azubaby(f): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2013
kofsy:
Hmmmm! Just do yours for God. You don't pay evil back with evil. Trust me your children would reap the fruit. smiley

My children? How
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 11:51am On Sep 22, 2013
alexleo:
The word Christian came into existence in the new testament and none of those christians/apostles married more than one wife.

Don't make claims about things you can't possibly know about. The bible makes references to the possibility that some of the apostles were married but it never stated whether they had one wife or many, and your claim that none of the christians had more than one wife is a blatant lie, yes!! a blatant lie. Else Why would the apostle emphasize that a bishop should be the husband of one wife if not that there were polygamous christians amongst them?? (Titus 1:6, 1 Timothy 3:2, 1 Timothy 3:12). This your doctrine is false.

John 4:16-18.

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”

17 The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.”

Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’ 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”

^^^ What has this got to do with polygamy??
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by obyrich(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Phoenix619: [s][/s]

Polygamy is against her CHURCH DOCTRINE abi? Have you forgotten that Christ did not have to make anyone repent before healing them? @ OP please keep your prayer to your self. I pity the woman who thinks that your raucous vocalisation will solve her problem. Christ healed many people out of compassion not by their own merit. Self righteousness is more despicable to God than polygamy.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by obyrich(m): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
alexleo: @OP,

Pls don't pray for her to conceive rather pray for the salvation of her soul. She is an adulterer heading to eternal damnation. She needs Jesus in her life. When this happens, nobody will tell her to run away from that home. The spirit of God will do the work of conviction once he takes over her life.
Don't be judgemental young man! The gift of healing is meant for everyone and there is no rationalisation in its application.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by pokur: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
obyrich: Polygamy is against her CHURCH DOCTRINE abi? Have you forgotten that Christ did not have to make anyone repent before healing them? @ OP please keep your prayer to your self. I pity the woman who thinks that your raucous vocalisation will solve her problem. Christ healed many people out of compassion not by their own merit. Self righteousness is more despicable to God than polygamy.
God bless you,my brother.
I do shake my head at our modern day,so-called 'christians'.Many they will be who Christ will deny on the last day.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by pickabeau1: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pray for Gods will to be done in that family
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
okeyxyz:

Don't make claims about things you can't possibly know about. The bible makes references to the possibility that some of the apostles were married but it never stated whether they had one wife or many, and your claim that none of the christians had more than one wife is a blatant lie, yes!! a blatant lie. Else Why would the apostle emphasize that a bishop should be the husband of one wife if not that there were polygamous christians amongst them?? (Titus 1:6, 1 Timothy 3:2, 1 Timothy 3:12). This your doctrine is false.

^^^ What has this got to do with polygamy??

I don't need ur word. What I want is what is written in the bible. If you feel some apostles married more than one wife pls show me in the scriptures and if you can't show me, then your assumptions are not for me. If you can't understand the relationship of the scripture I quoted with this issue then you are not being sincere. Marry twenty wives if you want. That's your business but don't manipulate the scriptures to suit such an ungodly choice pls.

If there was room for us to marry more than one wife then Jesus wouldn't have made this comment in Matthew 19:9

9.  And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

So why should Jesus condemn marrying another wife if there was room to marry more than one?
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
obyrich: Don't be judgemental young man! The gift of healing is meant for everyone and there is no rationalisation in its application.

The greatest healing to seek for is the healing of the soul. Salvation heals the soul that's why he should rather pray for the salvation of the woman's soul than the healing of her womb. Truth should be told at all times irrespective of whatever emotinal feelings you have for someone pls.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alcuin(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
@OP....pls keep ur prayers. From the way u sound, ur prayers will not do any good cos ur attitude is unchristian.

$$ There is NOTHNG wrong with polygamy......
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
alcuin:

$$ There is NOTHNG wrong with polygamy......

It is wrong. If polygamy is not wrong why did Jesus condemn marrying another wife in Matthew 19:9

9.  And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, AND MARRIES ANOTHER, commits adultery.”

1 Like

Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by obyrich(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
alexleo:

The greatest healing to seek for is the healing of the soul. Salvation heals the soul that's why he should rather pray for the salvation of the woman's soul than the healing of her womb. Truth should be told at all times irrespective of whatever emotinal feelings you have for someone pls.
Can you cite in the bible where salvation and repentance was made a precondition for healing by either Christ or the apostles? Desist from false teaching my dear. On how many occasions in the bible did Christ demand confession and repentance from the sick and the infirmed BEFORE healing or delivering them? Do you think you are wiser than Christ?
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by alexleo(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
obyrich: Can you cite in the bible where salvation and repentance was made a precondition for healing by either Christ or the apostles? Desist from false teaching my dear. On how many occasions in the bible did Christ demand confession and repentance from the sick and the infirmed BEFORE healing or delivering them? Do you think you are wiser than Christ?

Which healing are you talking about in this matter? You want him to pray that an adulterer will be pregnant for another woman's husband? I pity you and your christianity claims.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by andyanders: 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
In fact, your prayer should be for the man to leave her and go back to his wife. Use wisdom to tell her that you are praying for her, but the other way, pray that the man in question should separate from her. She is a home breaker.
Re: My Neigbhor, A Second Wife Needs My Prayers. Should I Pray? by okeyxyz(m): 10:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
alexleo:

I don't need ur word. What I want is what is written in the bible. If you feel some apostles married more than one wife pls show me in the scriptures and if you can't show me, then your assumptions are not for me. If you can't understand the relationship of the scripture I quoted with this issue then you are not being sincere. Marry twenty wives if you want. That's your business but don't manipulate the scriptures to suit such an ungodly choice pls.

You are the one who was making assumptions without any scriptural backing that christianity forbids polygamy and I called you out for it. And you specifically said there were no polygamous christians, now you are trying to back-out by just talking about apostles only. Even at that, the only instances the bible dictates a one-wife marriage is for christians who want become bishops, an official role in the church. I ask you again: why would the apostle say that a bishop should be the husband of one wife if not that there were polygamous christians amongst them??

If there was room for us to marry more than one wife then Jesus wouldn't have made this comment in Matthew 19:9

9.  And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

So why should Jesus condemn marrying another wife if there was room to marry more than one?

Obviously you fail to understand the bolded , hence all your interpretations are misguided. Jesus said: whoever divorces his wife and marries another, in other words: whoever replaces his wife with another..., It does not mean the same thing as having more than one wife at the same time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blw International Day Of Service / US Stops British Muslim Family From Boarding Flight..... / Can God Make A Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.