Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West (16844 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / Taye Taiwo Is An Error -maldini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by redfly(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Former AC Milan defender Taribo West believes he was better than club legend Paolo Maldini, but was treated unfairly by the Italian side.

In one season with the Serie A outfit, the former Nigeria international appeared in just four games, despite his self-proclaimed status as the club's best defender.

West remains bitter about his time at San Siro and has suggested that his short spell with the Rossoneri was a failure because of Maldini's "godfather" status.

"There were three of us, but the coach would pick the Italians even though I was clearly the best," he told Supersport.com.

"In 2000, I played the African Nations Cup with Nigeria and when I returned Maldini was injured. I played the games in his place but I did not get very many.

"I was told clearly that nobody could force out Maldini because he was a godfather in the club."

West was forced to take a seat on the bench while watching Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta start regularly, which the former Inter defender claims was because of their Italian backgrounds.

"Because I had a good relationship with [Inter president Massimo Moratti], I called him to tell him what was going on," he continued. "He told me that at AC Milan this was a normal thing.

"No one could take the place of Maldini. I was in shock. At the time they told so many lies about me because they wanted me out.

"During the four games I played, I was always the best player on the field, yet my contract was not renewed."

Source:http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by venorite(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
lol... grin grin grin
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Okworigeorge(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
he was better than an ageing maldini....jez as cesc is now better than xavi.... They want to be taken seriously and then
they have a ridiculous haircut.
venorite: lol...
mak we trade position

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Novabright: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Key words
claims
was.

Ok, we don hear.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by HoLEEsinner: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abeg abeg abeg, which kind news b this? Pastor should be in his 50s now, you were never better tho you wish to be better, next life bro.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by pboiskinpy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
sorry my brother,no cry*cleans his face*

Na 9ja condition go make man dey think about the past...

Ndoooo!!! Nwanne*smh*
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Chiscomax(m): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
grin i never knew taribo west was also

a comedian

grin

10 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by ajayi147(m): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pele
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by kossynerule: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Seriously?
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by peterphd(m): 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Go home taribo, you're drunk.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Claroo(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pastor Taribo West dey make me Laugh gan
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Vladm(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
....I get am b4, no b property...

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by okooloyun1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Broda Taribo ema binu, naso life be.
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by murtalaa(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
My gateman also claims to be better than Einstein
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Gombs(m): 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
I am vexed

I'm sure this was sarcasm
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Haywhymido(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wot do u expect him to say b4 Monkey fine 4 him face na. Me self am better dan lampard grin
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by telexfree1: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Maldini

Paolo Cesare Maldini (born 26 June 1968) is a former Italian footballer who played as a left or central defender, being adept with either foot although naturally right footed. He spent all 25 seasons of his career at Serie A club Milan, before retiring at the age of 41 in 2009, becoming a symbol and a legend of the club. During that period, he won the Champions League five times, as well as seven Serie A titles, one Coppa Italia, five Supercoppa Italiana, five European Super Cups, two Intercontinental Cups. He played for 14 years for the Italian national team, making his debut in 1988 before retiring in 2002 with 126 caps and four World Cup participations.

Why you guys making fun of Taribo nah ? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by olumidazz: 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
These things happen, victor mosses has a lot to say about selective racism also

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Uyi168: 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Taribo...hmm,,plz dnt mk me laff!

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
This pastor west must be high on holy water

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by LesbianBoy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kanye west i know,
North west i know,
Taribo west i don't know........pls who is he and what is he famous for

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Ayooxx(m): 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
Smh...very soon yobo go talk say e betta pas david luiz...

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by russianmob27: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
q

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
LesbianBoy: Kanye west i know,
North west i know,
Taribo west i don't know........pls who is he and what is he famous for

How old are you?

22 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
You obviously didn't watch Taribo west in action for his club otherwise you wouldn't be putting 'claims' in your post

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Willgates(m): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
hmmm
Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by vanessa566(f): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
funnnnnn, na who mess for here again? ops na me drop am

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok what next

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peru Vs Denmark: World Cup 2018 - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Bernard Sang Wins 2019 Onitsha City Marathon (Pictures) / Club Presidents, Coaches, Scouts In Nigeria For 150 Soccer Stars Selected Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.