Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,503 members, 7,801,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status (1908 Views)

Breaking: Buhari Orders Upgrade Of Imo Airport To International Status / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others / Enugu Airport Undergoes Upgrade For International Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by awodman: 6:40am On Sep 21, 2013
The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has refuted
reports that it may close international operations of the
Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, insisting that the regulatory body has no such plan, describing such reports as mischievous.

NCAA was reacting to reports that it may bar international
operations to the Enugu airport because its designation as international airport has not been gazetted by the Federal Government.

In a statement signed by the agency’s general manager,
public affairs, Fan Ndubuoke, NCAA said its role is civil
aviation regulation; that it is the Federal Government that
controls policies that affect air transportation in the
country, which it exercises and directs through the Federal Ministry of Aviation.

“The NCAA’s standards with respect to airport, aircraft,
passenger and operational safety, security and experience are primary and not necessarily determined by designation of an airport as international or domestic. The relevance of such designation is only to the extent of the nature of equipment, traffic, security and uniform safety concerns,” the Authority said.

The regulatory body also denied that it refused to clear a
flight to land at the airport because the airport designation as an international airport has not been gazetted, saying that the gazetting of an airport is not one of the considerations of NCAA with “respect to safety, security or passenger comfort and experience.”

“The Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu having
complied with all the requirements, is permitted to receive, and embark internationally bound aircraft and passengers.The facilities and facilitation of passengers, crew and goods in international travel at the airport comply with globally accepted safety and security standards,” NCAA said.

The agency also remarked that other relevant agencies
such as immigration, customs and NDLEA are satisfied with the airport and facilities for the purpose of carrying out their statutory duties.

“Airlines and aircraft operating internationally to the airport have also conducted their necessary inspections and assessments for their equipment and crew handling which they found satisfactory, failing which they would not operate.”

The Authority insisted that it was not true that any aircraft was denied passage to Enugu on account that it was engaging in international operations.

On the Gazetting of the airport, he disclosed that “It is
entirely false and preposterous to insinuate that gazzetting constitutes a factor in NCAA technical analysis and certifications.

The Akanu Ibiam international Airport, Enugu having
complied with all the requirements, is permitted to receive,and embark internationally bound aircrafts and
passengers. The facilities and facilitation of passengers,
crew and goods in international travel at the airport comply with globally accepted safety and security standards”.

He also said that “Other relevant agencies such as
immigration, customs and NDLEA are satisfied with the
airport and facilities for the purpose of carrying out their
statutory duties. Airlines and Aircraft operating
internationally to the airport have also conducted their
necessary inspections before flying from the airport.

The managing Director of Nigeria Airspace Management
Agency Engr. Nnamdi Udoh had told THISDAY earlier that
his organisation installed all the necessary equipment that will ensure smooth operations of the airlines and assured that the facilities are of international standards as the International Civil Aviation Authority does not tolerate
substandard equipment and materials in al airports,
aerodrome and heliports worldwide. He said “aviation is
not what it used to be in the past. You can’t install any
equipment or material that is not certified. Our
equipment’s come from ICAO designated manufacturers
and we can’t go below that standard. Human lives are
involved”

The Minister of Aviation Princess Stella Oduah had recently confirmed that after the Ethiopian airlines airlines started flying the Enugu Adis Ababa route on Saturday August 24,2013,, five other airlines have sent in their papers to be considered for the routes

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ncaa-enugu-safe-for-international-flights/159525/
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Obinnau(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2013
Haters should go and sit down, maybe hug transformer.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Brimmie(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2013
Obinnau: Haters should go and sit down, maybe hug transformer.

All these fictional enemies are really tormenting your life! undecided undecided No pun intended tho!

Akamu International Airpot! grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by shaneroberts26: 7:32am On Sep 21, 2013
Now,dis is bound to be a bad news for a region. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Gboliwe: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2013
So, where exactly did that other cooked up story jump out from? Naija na wa!

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Nobody ever said AII Airport was going to be shut down. I stand to be enlightened.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2013
Some people are just excessively paranoid for nothing

Phobia of their own shadow...
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2013
Sometimes I wonder where some of these mischievous reports emanate from? Is it that some people just hate the fact that the Enugu Airport is now open to the outside world and the hatred has now boiled over to the extent of sponsoring media propaganda to discredit the Airport? Or do the newspapers just deliberately push out such mischievous report so that the authorities will deny the report and PAY for the rebuttal to be published? I know HATERS exist, but hating to the extent of sponsoring false reports is what I dont understand.

Meanwhile, this is also why I wasn't bothered about the media propaganda with regards to Enugu Disco and Interstat electric. Can you imagine that while the media was busy trying to pull down the house because Interstate completed payment within 21 days window, the media completely neglected one of the generation companies that could not conclude payment even after the 21 days window? That company (the prefered bidder for Sapele power plant) has not completed payment, even till today. But we didn't hear about that in the media. I heard for it for the FIRST TIME on radio yesterday. Yet I cant count the number of articles or reports on the Enugu Disco and interstat electric.

4 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by asha80(m): 7:52am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Sometimes I wonder where some of these mischievous reports emanate from? Is it that some people just hate the fact that the Enugu Airport is now open to the outside world and the hatred has now boiled over to the extent of sponsoring media propaganda to discredit the Airport? Or do the newspapers just deliberately push out such mischievous report so that the authorities will deny the report and PAY for the rebuttal to be published? I know HATERS exist, but hating to the extent of sponsoring false reports is what I dont understand.

Meanwhile, this is also why I wasn't bothered about the media propaganda with regards to Enugu Disco and Interstat electric. Can you imagine that while the media was busy trying to pull down the house because Interstate completed payment within 21 days window, the media completely neglected one of the generation companies that could not conclude payment even after the 21 days window? That company (the prefered bidder for Sapele power plant) has not completed payment, even till today. But we didn't hear about that in the media. I heard for it for the FIRST TIME on radio yesterday. Yet I cant count the number of articles or reports on the Enugu Disco and interstat electric.
eastern electric has actually gone to court on that one.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by homesteady(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2013
I wonder why some people are not just happy with Nigeria's progress
We are really our own enemy
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:26am On Sep 21, 2013
homesteady: I wonder why some people are not just happy with Nigeria's progress
We are really our own enemy
Cus they only want development in their region so that they will come here to boast and ask other to go back to their villages

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Datiboboi: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2013
The Minister of Aviation Princess Stella Oduah had recently confirmed that after the Ethiopian airlines airlines started flying the Enugu Adis Ababa route on Saturday August 24,2013,, five other airlines have sent in their papers to be considered for the routes

This comment above will explode minds, believe me enemies in distress. Let them keep hating why the fresh air keep blissing.
Front page tin

10 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Tintinix: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Brimmie:

All these fictional enemies are really tormenting your life! undecided undecided No pun intended tho!

Badbelleism!
You would have prefered for the earlier report to true.... Ntor gi!
My dear SE brothers and sisters carry go abeg! I am very happy for you. I expect very rapid development sha oh! Let the dividend of easier access to and from international locations show!

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by kettykin: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2013
This is the more reason why igbos must patronise Enugu international airport let haters hate them selves to death
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Sometimes I wonder where some of these mischievous reports emanate from? Is it that some people just hate the fact that the Enugu Airport is now open to the outside world and the hatred has now boiled over to the extent of sponsoring media propaganda to discredit the Airport? Or do the newspapers just deliberately push out such mischievous report so that the authorities will deny the report and PAY for the rebuttal to be published? I know HATERS exist, but hating to the extent of sponsoring false reports is what I dont understand.

the remours usually emanate from too much intake of red oil by some people.oil causes acute malaria which affects mode of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by feminancy(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Im not from the south east,but any person that is not happy about the int. airport in south east is just wicked, and may not witness any progress in life, because this is the only region that never had int. airport for almost 5 decade now . So where came all these report from the media.

6 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by djon78(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2013
kettykin: This is the more reason why igbos must patronise Enugu international airport let haters hate them selves to death

I support ur first statement, let our people patronize that airport, once more airlines begin to fly that route. One can book his flight for international travel to depart from Enugu, whether he is living in Lagos etc, this can be a personal sacrifice one has to give his region/homeland.

2 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by delegiwa(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2013
Mod, we go fry egg for una b4 this hits front page? Abet na.

1 Like

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by remarkD(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2013
haha nice one lol

na so we like am shaa...

no come pour red oil for our akamu o! grin gringringringringrin
Brimmie:

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by kettykin: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2013
djon78:

I support ur first statement, let our people patronize that airport, once more airlines begin to fly that route. One can book his flight for international travel to depart from Enugu, whether he is living in Lagos etc, this can be a personal sacrifice one has to give his region/homeland.
My brother this is the difference between the Jews and we igbos, while the Jews will sacrifice their all for Israel can the same be said of our igbo brethren can igbos sacrifice for igbo land, if they do the airport would go back to its prewar status as the busiest airport in Africa making Enugu the African hub for international traffic
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by remarkD(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2013
I've tried to figure it out, but asking the guilty ones and getting an answer, less an honest answer is more difficult than asking a goat a question.

Maybe in this airport's case, it might be that since they took so much time and energy to make fun of it (talking about it more than the people who'd been expecting it...) they feel their dreams of it being a white-elephant project has been dashed or something... you saw that 2009 thread that was bumpebaa? they still want to be in denial and believe it is not functioning... for sure more Enugu threads and media propaganda is in the offing...

(P.S. Do you know what happened with the story of the DISCO stuff?)

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2013
Very shameless people. If something good happens in the west, I'm always happy for them, I just don't why they're hating and what they get from it.
A President from SS has done better in 2yrs than theirs did in 8yrs.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by kettykin: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2013
To understand this latest false rumours against the inauguration of enugu international airport ,nairalanders should get quick access to the latest FAAN flights statistics, the enugu airport as it is today is now 400 times busier than akure and ibadan airports making enugu airport the 3rd busiest in the south and 4th busiest in Nigeria

Secondly all is no longer well with lagos domestic flights as Abuja domestic flights has started overtaking lagos domestic flights as it happened in October 2011 and it is happening presently this is why the NCAA has refused to publish the latest flights statistics.

Thirdly the latest propaganda was as a result of fears in some quarters that lagos is presently loosing its foothold on the aviation map owing to diversions of international flights to and from the east to enugu, the coming on stream of Asaba Uyo international airports and the refurbishment of the General Aviation Terminal in the major airports spread across Nigeria air space, aviation pundits have it that the internationalisation of Enugu airport will add more woes to the already troubled economy of the south west and lagos in particular as most traffic originating from lagos airport is constituted of less than 5% yoruba and the yoruba travellers traffic alone cannot sustain an international airport in the south west.

3 Likes

Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by omonnakoda: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2013
No Shaking. Akamu airpot is life and kinking
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by Activity77(m): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2013
In phinos voice..onwebedi ihe ha fu!!!!,hahaha.haters continue hating while d east is moving higher.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by bloggernaija: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2013
kettykin: To understand this latest false rumours against the inauguration of enugu international airport ,nairalanders should get quick access to the latest FAAN flights statistics, the enugu airport as it is today is now 400 times busier than akure and ibadan airports making enugu airport the 3rd busiest in the south and 4th busiest in Nigeria

Secondly all is no longer well with lagos domestic flights as Abuja domestic flights has started overtaking lagos domestic flights as it happened in October 2011 and it is happening presently this is why the NCAA has refused to publish the latest flights statistics.

Thirdly the latest propaganda was as a result of fears in some quarters that lagos is presently loosing its foothold on the aviation map owing to diversions of international flights to and from the east to enugu, the coming on stream of Asaba Uyo international airports and the refurbishment of the General Aviation Terminal in the major airports spread across Nigeria air space, aviation pundits have it that the internationalisation of Enugu airport will add more woes to the already troubled economy of the south west and lagos in particular as most traffic originating from lagos airport is constituted of less than 5% yoruba and the yoruba travellers traffic alone cannot sustain an international airport in the south west.

Where did you pull this nonsense from?
Lagos will never lose the regional title because the bulk of international travellers originate from the western region .
If you think that having an airport is the biggest need for oyo state , then you are on a strategic long trip.Lagos airport is technically (100km) one hour away.that is far less than I have to travel to catch an international flight.
What oyo state need is an high speed rail to Lagos and other core cities within western region and these efforts are being frustrated from Abuja.
WE WANT TO INTERCONNECT WITHIN ,NOT WITHOUT.
By the way, every poor country in the world has an international airport ,so it really does change much.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by ba7man(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
Since it makes travelling more convenient for Easterners, its a highly welcome development.

I can place myself in their shoes and imagine how annoying it would be travelling to Lagos or Abuja, just to leave the country by air.
Re: NCAA: No going back on Enugu airport International Status by DerideGull(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2013

The mischievous reports emanate mainly from Punch and Tribune News media houses. Are you a leaner?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bama Not Captured By Boko Haram, Says Borno Deputy Governor / The Man - Akinwunmi Ambode / 20 PDP House Of Reps. Members May Defect To APC Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.