Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- (3284 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread / CWM Recovery For Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 / What Is The Difference Between Samsung And Techno Android Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by emmabowin(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2013
Samsung has made insane investments in creating a premium brand that can go toe to toe with Apple. Tecno on the other hand has a chinko perception problem.Since I wrote that article however, my thinking about Tecno’s strategy has come a long way. That has to do in part with some compelling perspectives shared by a fellow cabalist about how Tecno is
winning . Another part has to do with
personally seeing these Tecno devices
proliferate like some primal strain of virus
within my own physical geek circle.
Most would think that what Tecno does
has no impact on Samsung’s business. It’s
like pitting a scrawny welter-weight
against a heavy-weight boxing champion,
right? That a brand like Sammy might
need to duke it out with an upstart OEM
like Tecno seems laughable. Except it
isn’t. From where I’m standing though,
Samsung is concerned about Tecno.
Concerned enough to start handing out
powerbanks. For those not familiar with the term, a powerbank is portable battery pack that you can charge and then use to charge your mobile device when you’re on the go and not close to a power source. I was fortunate to have one from Nokia bundled with my Lumia 520 purchase courtesy the vendor, and I can tell you
those things are a lifesaver. These things have been around for a while, but the term “powerbank” seems to have been popularised (at least within my circles) by the fact that Tecno’s portable charger have the word boldly emblazoned on them. However, Tecno’s powerbank comes with two important “innovations”. Number one, they are free and come bundled with most of Tecno’s latest devices. Number two and perhaps most important — they possess flashlights. No kidding, these guys have us figured out. So you can imagine how my interest was piqued when I got word off the street that Samsung Nigeria has started bundling their own powerbanks with the Galaxy Grand. Those phones used to come with signed BankyW sleeves, but if what I’m hearing is true, then it would seem that Samsung has found out that Nigerians care more about battery life and flashlights than that autographs and leather frippery. Samsung fanboys (shouldn’t those exist by now?) can rant all they want. But this means that Samsung Nigeria now officially acknowledges Tecno as their competition At least enough to start tweaking their local marketing strategy in response. The next question now is if Samsung is willing to start competing on value added perks perhaps price is next battlefield? That’s the race to the bottom that they’ve shelled out millions of dollars in marketing to avoid, but the kind of scrappy game that Tecno still excels at even if they’ve professed a desire to move out of the low end themselves Tecno has been on a sustained roll in recent months. They’ve pushed out a slew of devices that walk and talk like Galaxys, but cost a third of the price They’ve got a cheap-ass but seemingly capable Android tablet on the market that swears it’s an iPad mini until you turn it around. It would have been great if there were some actual mobile device usage or sales data to corroborate, but in this market, Tecno looks to be flying like a butterfly and stinging like a bee. It won’t be enough to take them out, but Samsung will have to move fast if they don’t want to get stung.

http://articles.9jamatter.com/
bankole-oluwafemi-its-samsung-
vs-tecno-now-fight/?
fb_source=pubv1

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by emmabowin(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2013
comparison of some features

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by jreyez(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2013
Yet another awkward thread undecided
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by physise(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2013
huh?galaxy grand was released january 2013 with power bank during dat period which tecno fone don get power bank? mods close dis thread una wan start unnecessary arguement again
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Yet another deluded Nairalander with a downgraded IQ. Yabaleft things for yu Op
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Elslim: 10:06am On Sep 21, 2013
This is called the bitter Truth!!

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Osyxcel(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2013
What exactly is the usefulness of this thread
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by stephano100(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2013
Fight btwn samsung nd tecno,lol
who will b d floyd mayweather,
who will b d canelo alvarez
...wetin we no go see 4 nairaland lol
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2013
INFERIORITY COMPLEX HAS REALLY TAKEN IT'S TOLL ON MOST TECNO ADDICTS!!!
LIKE SERIOUSLY? TECNO HAS AN EFFECT ON SAMSUNG SALES? LAUGHABLE gringringrin
Tecno is only known in 5 major African countries!!!
Samsung on the other hand is a world wide brand(International)
So, tell me, who's making BIG sales?
Jeeeezzzz.... @least, Have sum sense of reasoning b4 u exibit how illitracy has wallowed up ur brain!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by sweettease(f): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2013
Samsung and techno Seriously
You didn't even tink about HTC or sony(and their waterproof range android) undecided techno can't go head to head with samsung abeg

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by lawrence7: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2013
Lol op techno can't ever drag with htc or lg sef. You now want to compare with Samsung? Lool.

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by bigiyaro(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Tecno virtually ate nokia from the bottom up in Africa, and now that blackberry is dead and bbm is coming to android , my 15k android phone can invite your 100k Sammy to chat. Thus, Samsung should better wake up before its too late.

4 Likes

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Emekayoung(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
bigiyaro: Tecno virtually ate nokia from the bottom up in Africa, and now that blackberry is dead and bbm is coming to android , my 15k android phone can invite your 100k Sammy to chat. Thus, Samsung should better wake up before its too late.
And who is dis one talking,which village did u come frm? undecided
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by bigiyaro(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
Emekayoung:
And who is dis one talking,which village did u come frm? undecided
i came from your village,i. d. i. o. t.

2 Likes

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by sweettease(f): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2013
bigiyaro: Tecno virtually ate nokia from the bottom up in Africa, and now that blackberry is dead and bbm is coming to android , my 15k android phone can invite your 100k Sammy to chat. Thus, Samsung should better wake up before its too late.
Am still not convinced undecided
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Randerl: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
In terms of quality and DESIGNS, Tecno benches Samsung.
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by seunlayi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2013
samsung should just watch it, they may be throne by techno or other chinco fone

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by sweettease(f): 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
Randerl: In terms of quality and DESIGNS, Tecno benches Samsung.

shocked shocked shocked

Joseph! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by ikechukz(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
Na only poor men dey open these kind threads....OP seriously,if you could afford the galaxy note3,i'm not sure you would be opening this kind of thread.

2 Likes

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Youngpo413: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
seunlayi: samsung should just watch it, they may be throne by techno or other chinco fone

most especially XIAOMI
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by zion32(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
@Op,Stop fooling youself,techno is no match for samsung in any way.dont think those substandard,inferior,run off the mill hardware techno is dashing out is in any way a match for even the low end samsung device,if you think so,have i re-think.
*****This Thread has been closed,cancled and Sealed by me.No one henceforth, should make any comparison between Samsung and techno again. ******

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Randerl: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
samsung is the NO 1 smartphone in China USA and Middle East. YES or NO answer me NOW.
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by psalmdave(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2013
Emekayoung:
Monkey go and die wit ur 15k tecno,aturu grin grin
u dis guy y is it dat everythread i see u its either ure insultin or arguein wit sum1...back to topic,u guys shud stop that habit of reading only d topic of a thread nd jumping straight to the reply button
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Donpuffy(m): 9:16am On Sep 22, 2013
tecno beats Samsung by far.

if u wan die, die

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by oluboyo04(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2013
few years ago pple compared techno with nokia today, nokia is far behind techno. with the way techno is going, am afraid, samsung too may soon find their position behind techno.
Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Owobobrown(m): 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sammy you are next on the hit list. hate it or love it Techno rules

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Ochek: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Heheheheh!! Jokers and haters of TECNO...
Weather Sammy is a global brand or not, just accept the fact that as long as our Nija is concerned, TECNO got the market and sure seems to be ahead of other mobile phones in the market for at least the past few months.
Say all u like, one thing for sure remains: TECNO understands and speak the Nigerian market language!

1 Like

Re: The Fight Is Now Between Samsung And Tecno- by Ochek: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hehehehehe.. enough jokers and haters of TECNO. Just try and relax. Weather Samsung is a global brand or not, one thing is for sure: TECNO got the Nigerian market, at least evident in the past few months. Until Samsung learns better, TECNO still remains the brand that speaks and understand Nigerians.
LAST BULLET: stop hating on TECNO. It's not good for ur health.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Download Angry Birds 2 Apk + Data For Android / Tecno Sets The Pace, Others Follow / Glo Internet Has Become Very Useless....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.