Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs (7568 Views)

Lagos Bans Sponsorship Of Pilgrimages To Mecca, Jerusalem / El-rufai Bans Hawking, Begging In Kaduna.. / Lagos Bans Hawking By Children During School Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by abu12: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lagos – The Lagos State House of Assembly has warned that the state government will apprehend and prosecute any person or group of persons found hawking drugs on the streets.
Assemblyman Suru Avoseh, the Chairman of the House Committee on Health Services, gave the warning in Lagos on Friday at the 3rd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Lagos State Medicine Dealers Association.
Avoseh (APC-Badagry I) said that state’s Ministry of Health, in collaboration with the leadership of the association, would arrest anyone found hawking drugs on the streets.
“Hawking of drugs is highly prohibited on the streets of Lagos State; anyone found using wheelbarrow or any other means to hawk drugs will be sanctioned,’’ he warned.
Besides, the lawmaker said that the government would not allow members of the medicine dealers’ association to operate illegally.
He urged them to operate within the laws guiding trade in medicine.
Avoseh said that the committee had intensified efforts to ensure that members of the association, who applied for certification to operate in the state, were considered.
The association’s President, Mr Fidelis Nwokeocha, pledged that members of the association would always abide by the government’s policies.
He said that he had sensitised members of the association to the dangers of stocking and selling drugs, whose source and existence were questionable.
“We do not encourage or support anyone who is involved in such practice; we always ensure that our purchases are genuine.
“We have no doubt that our collaboration with the government is essential in efforts to provide quality medicines for the public,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/lagos-bans-hawking-of-drugs/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by geeez: 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
All those so called chemists selling fake drugs should be arrested and prosecuted. A lot of them cannot even spell the word PHARMACY and they dispense drugs and in some instances prescribe and even treat.

Taking advantage of a person's ill health not only to profit but in some cases further aggravate the victim's condition is nothing but criminal

What we want in our noble state are the likes of Bukky's Healthplus, Mrs. Joke Bakare's Medplus and Prince Julius Adeluyi's Juli Pharmacy

We need to rid the streets and neighborhoods of Lagos of these heartless criminals and return them to where they belong

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
The law banning hawking of medicines have always been there ab initio. The problem has always been implementation.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Adejoro74: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hope they are banning agbo sellers as well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by geeez: 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
Adejoro74: Hope they are banning agbo sellers as well.

Just like asking them to ban green tea. You can only ask that they get a NAFDAC registration. Other than that, they are just like any other meal you consume because they are concoctions

Your intellect is quite shallow

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by cashkid18(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
wat abt d alomo bitter sellers
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by cashkid18(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
wat abt d alomo bitter hawkers
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by cashkid18(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
wat abt d alomo bitter hawkers
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Mubby4luv(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2013
Good move
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2013
People hawk drugs? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Brimmie(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2013
[size=16]And i wonder the kind of people that patronises them! [/size]
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ceeceeco: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2013
BRF.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nwoka(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2013
This shouldn't be Nigeria's problem, give them jobs,fix the roads.......they have to make ends meet!....if they venture into crimes,you will start deporting them....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2013
So they have banned hawking of Igbo, s.k, cocaine, and jedi...

What am I supposed to do now!
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Lilaex: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2013
An so?
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by kiyosaki1(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2013
The last time i checked this is under NAFDAC jurisdiction
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ichidodo: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2013
Nice development, we don't want this yoruba 'agbo alabukun' drug peddlers to spoil our business.Emzor,Fidson, Orange drugs et al can cater the drug needs of the whole Lagos population.If we are paying tax? shouldn't the Lagos Government work for us and chase our yoruba alabukun competitors off the streets?? Eko onibaje for the igbos sha.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by bobokelly(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Good move, what about those that hawked on the buses,?,
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Kairoseki77: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2013
Peter Obi should be expecting some more of his state residents to return home soon.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Tinkybabe(f): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie: [size=16]And i wonder the kind of people that patronises them! [/size]
PATRONISE.

That's a good move by the state government. People in a bid to get a cure or treatment for their ailment worsen it by patronising these people.

What can I say? Effect of poverty! ! This is because these hawkers offer these medicines at a cheaper price compared with pharmacies so people readily purchase them not minding that they're fake.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2013
Nwoka: This shouldn't be Nigeria's problem, give them jobs,fix the roads.......they have to make ends meet!....if they venture into crimes,you will start deporting them....
are u saying this is not a problem or what. Most of this type of drug sellers sell fake drugs and therefore should banned. I wish the Northern Governor can do the same. Cos most of this illitrates believe they are getting the right drugs from such ppl

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ifyalways(f): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2013
Hope this includes GNLD,Forever,Tianshi,Tasly and all the Chinko supplements that folks mistake for drugs. angry
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Jaideyone(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Nice development, we don't want this yoruba 'agbo alabukun' drug peddlers to spoil our business.Emzor,Fidson, Orange drugs et al can cater the drug needs of the whole Lagos population.If we are paying tax? shouldn't the Lagos Government work for us and chase our yoruba alabukun competitors off the streets?? Eko onibaje for the igbos sha.
must U tribalise everything? I bet you had a disturbed childhood!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by hod898(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2013
I no even dey Lagos sef.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by andyzoga: 11:13am On Sep 22, 2013
Big buses plying Oshodi - Mile 2 axis should be their area of concentration. . .Lolz. Relevant agencies should also bring down the cost of registration for more qualified people to practise.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2013
Hawking of drugs?!

Wtf shocked

My Nnewi brothers making us proud in the village
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2013
Donpuzo: So they have banned hawking of Igbo, s.k, cocaine, and jedi...

What am I supposed to do now!

How can they ban Igbo selling Igbo?

You dey ask for ban sha embarassed
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ichidodo: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2013
Jaidey-one:
must U tribalise everything? I bet you had a disturbed childhood!!!
And i bet you are having a disturbed adulthood for you to take notice of my comment alone and not those before it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Nice development, we don't want this yoruba 'agbo alabukun' drug peddlers to spoil our business.Emzor,Fidson, Orange drugs et al can cater the drug needs of the whole Lagos population.If we are paying tax? shouldn't the Lagos Government work for us and chase our yoruba alabukun competitors off the streets?? Eko onibaje for the igbos sha.

yes you forgot to add neimeth and juel pharmacueticals

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by ichidodo: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2013
sam(obo):

yes you forgot to add neimeth and juel pharmacueticals
My fault, Sorry.
Re: Lagos Bans Hawking Of Drugs by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2013
no problem, we control both the formal and in formal drug trade. chasing the drug hawkers is as good as profiting the cabalous drug industry(the big boys in the drug industry which the igbos control and dominate), thereby increasing their profit and also a good news for those that have shares with this companies because it will translate into better dividends grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanction Violators Of Broadcast Code - Lai Mohammed Orders NBC / 12 Transport, Safety & Environment Related Bodies In Lagos & Their Functions / Igbos Dominates Nigeria's Commercial Sector But Forgot The Media - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.