Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. (1054 Views)

My Rover 600 Vibrates At Between 40 To 60 Mph / Rover 600 Series Cars / Rover 600 Series - Strength And Reliability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by basmong: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
While driving my rover 600 of recent, I started noticing that it goes off while am on motion and I have to restart or allow it to roll and start while on gear. Pls what shd I do? I have recently changed the fuel filter and plugs.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by August21(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
tell ur mechanic to increase the trottle level. ur car trottle level must be very low thats why.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by basmong: 3:33am On Sep 22, 2013
August21: tell ur mechanic to increase the trottle level. ur car trottle level must be very low thats why.
Thanx, will do that first thing on monday and get back to forum asap.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by Ikenna351(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2013
basmong: Thanx, will do that first thing on monday and get back to forum asap.

Don't try that.

What model year is the car?

Ikenna.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by cardoctor(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
basmong: While driving my rover 600 of recent, I started noticing that it goes off while am on motion and I have to restart or allow it to roll and start while on gear. Pls what shd I do? I have recently changed the fuel filter and plugs.

Is your rover 600 the one with the Honda or Rover engine?

Car-Doctor.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
car-doctor:

Is your rover 600 the one with the Honda or Rover engine?

Car-Doctor.

Car-Doctor, all but 2 Rover 600 models used the Honda 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.3 16V engines. The only exception was the 2.0 16V turbo, and I believe the turbo diesel.

So the OP's car is pretty much a Honda Accord with a Rover badge.

August21: tell ur mechanic to increase the trottle level. ur car trottle level must be very low thats why.

This is why your cars are turned to piles of rubble. Increase the idling speed, when it's controlled by the ECU? There's nothing to adjust! The Honda / Rover ran PGM-FI, with no idle speed manual adjustment possible.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by basmong: 3:11am On Sep 23, 2013
@ Ikenna, 1996 model, @car-doctor yes with honda engine 2.0, @sienna, pls what shd I do then? Thanx for all ur inputs, hope to narrow it down to something, cos it has added another problem today. The problem is it refused to start when I just stopped to pick some items a@d I have to wait for like 30mins after making sure that the fuel is thru to tje injector from the filter.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by IbukaDantata: 5:01am On Sep 24, 2013
basmong: @ Ikenna, 1996 model, @car-doctor yes with honda engine 2.0, @sienna, pls what shd I do then? Thanx for all ur inputs, hope to narrow it down to something, cos it has added another problem today. The problem is it refused to start when I just stopped to pick some items a@d I have to wait for like 30mins after making sure that the fuel is thru to tje injector from the filter.

My Nissan Tino 2002 is having exactly same problem. I need help too.
Re: Pls Help! My Rover 600 Goes Off While Drivng. by basmong: 2:59am On Sep 25, 2013
Well, its finally done. @ibukadantata, I replaced the key brushes and fuel pump and vrooooooom. Thanx all for ur efforts.

(1) (Reply)

Between Toyota Highlander, Nissan Xterra And Ford Explorer / Check Out This Amazingly Pimped Ride (photo) / My Toyota Camry 2005 Air Cond 2 Vent Blowing Chilled And Other 2 Blowing Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.