Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

An Open Letter To Jose Mourinho From A True Chelsea Fan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Jose Mourinho From A True Chelsea Fan (1034 Views)

See How Chelsea Players Reacted To Jose Mourinho's Sack (photos) / Open Letter To Jose Mourinho: Play John Obi Mikel More Often / Chelsea Fan ‘sold His Car’ To Sit Next To Jose Mourinho (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Jose Mourinho From A True Chelsea Fan by Eastcoast33(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sorry guys the letter is kinda long...I had to say things the way they are...
OPEN LETTER FROM A TRUE BLUE TO JOSE MOURINHO
My name is Gift Okwara and I am a true Blue.
It is just six games into the season and already, concerns have been raised over so many issues surrounding Chelsea and Jose Mourinho. We might be tempted to say it is still early in the season but knowing Mourinho for who and what he is and having seeing Chelsea attain the heights
without his tutelage, there’s every reason to be worried. To start with, it is
incomprehensible the way and manner Juan Mata has been eased out of the starting eleven, converting him to a bit-part player. Since his arrival at the bridge, Mata’s performances have endeared him to not just fans of the club but to football purists and for his efforts; he’s been crowned Chelsea
player of the year twice. The Mata situation has left me and many others perplexed and the question being asked is; how does Chelsea’s messiah for the last two years turn into a “villain”? In a team that has players like Andre Schurrle, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Willian and Kevin De Bruyne all vying for the three available spots behind the striker; Mata according
to Mourinho, can’t be an automatic starter. Last season, Oscar, Hazard
and Mata ran the rings with Mata the leader of the pack and catalyst of
a new look Chelsea but, with the addition of Schurrle and De Bruyne,
a reshuffle has taken place and he is now the casualty of that. No
disrespect to the newbies but none possesses the qualities of Mata. His passing ability, vision, composure, technique and goal threat make
him a better player than this new toys Mourinho has bought. In many
games, Chelsea have struggled for Mata’s qualities but Mourinho
has stuck with the annoying Andre Schurrle who brings nothing but
his blonde hair to the pitch.I believe that Mata has been dropped because
of his “laziness and unwillingness” to help out defensively but guess what Mourinho? That lazy guy bagged more assists than any other Chelsea player last year. That lazy guy has won us games! By the way, why do you
even need Mata to defend when you have Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole and two midfielders on the pitch? Mata’s job is to create and score goals. If you
want people to defend then sign defenders who’ll keep it tight at the back. And talking about defending, where were the likes of Schurrle who ‘track
back’, when the team was conceding two goals against Basel?N Eden Hazard is best when he runs at defenders and doesn’t post a good shift
defensively either, Schurrle- the BlondeOne- has scored ZERO goals and prevented ZERO as well and thank goodness for the brilliant Oscar but then again, can someone remind of a time when he made a sliding tackle?
Mourinho’s preferred attacking midfielders won’t prevent other teams from scoring and won’t create or score as much as Mata so how difficult is it to see that Chelsea NEED Mata on the pitch not gisting on the bench with
Essien? In Mourinho’s first era, we played rigid football and it worked. We won titles and we will never forget that but times have changed, football
has evolved. We want to see expressive and entertaining football. Mourinho has put a limit on the players’ enterprising play and despite the number of players who can play flair football,Mourinho still has Chelsea playing like robots. The ‘Chelsea is boring to watch’ jokes are catching on again. And to my fellow Chelsea fans, if Benitez lost at home to Basel,
wouldn’t we be calling for his head? Why should Mourinho be different? I’d rather have a modern coach like Klopp than Mourinho. We have flair players, we need to stop playing football like mechanics. So dear Jose Mourinho, you may be the Happy One but Chelsea fans are not happy. Mata is our Special One. We want to see him play lots of games and
trusted with responsibility.Schurrle and De Bruyne are eggs but Mata is a hawk. Whatever they are trying to do, he’s been there and done that.
Put him on the pitch where he belongs or we may have more Basel
incidents.
Yours,
A Chelsea fan,
Gift Okwara Chizaram
(@giftolala)
Re: An Open Letter To Jose Mourinho From A True Chelsea Fan by Haywhymido(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2013
Mata is nt dat type of player to b sitting on d bench. He played his heart out 4 chelsea 4 d past 2 years. He deserve sum respect 4rm dat ova confident coach. Is it a must 4 him to defend? He offer more dan enuf in oda aspect of his game.
Re: An Open Letter To Jose Mourinho From A True Chelsea Fan by wandevincent(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
U' v spoken my mind bro, it seems u knw exactly what's in my mind, dimateo in his time managed those guys and achieved the unprecedented task of winning the champions league and even the FA cup, I only have abramovich to blame for not giving him enough chance as he would have proved himself to be one of the mosy succesful coaches in the premier league judging by his vision, his flair and the his tactical discipline. The much hated rafa benitez came and did a wonderful job within the short term he was at the helm of affairs, claiming the europa cup and taking chelsea to third place in the premier league, When rafa was first appointed, I was one of those chelsea fans who froewned at abramovich's decision to appoint him but I will not deny the fact that he won my heart with the way he managed chelsea within that time especially his handelling of the combination of mata, hazard and oscar. Now Mr know it all mourhinho is back now to just put all those work in dissarray, he should get this in his brain,Mata is much more a match winner than hazard and posses more qualities than any of those wingers he think he has, he'll continue to fumble unless he instill back the confidence he has taken from mata and start playinh him asap.thanks once again my fellow chelsea fan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Naija Football Fans Mispronounciations And Bad Grammar / GEJ To Go Watch Super Eagles In Brazil If They Make It To Quarter-final / Ghana At The World Cup Semi Finals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.