Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,790 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Haters Kumuyi Live On TV - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haters Kumuyi Live On TV (3932 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Live In Yabatech: Today / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
Just saw Pastor Kumuyi live on tv, LTV to be precise, They are showing a deeper life programme live on tv. Haters keep hating, the gates of hell cannot prevail against God's church. I'm certain despisers would be so pissed and disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2013
Acts 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Goshen360(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2013
^ I'm not a hater but I thought he said he wanted to resign because of his son's issue then. Is that true he said he was going to resign? Besides, does Kumuyi still hold the teaching or doctrine of "no watching tv for Christians"? If he does, why is he on tv then?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Goshen360: ^ I'm not a hater but I thought he said he wanted to resign because of his son's issue then. Is that true he said he was going to resign? Besides, does Kumuyi still hold the teaching or doctrine of "no watching tv for Christians"? If he does, why is he on tv then?

Keep thinking.Very soon, you will see the light.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
W.F Kumuyi is one of the few visible G.O I really like and respect. Spent 13 yes @ DLBC and most of the ideals and values I imbibed in life, I got there.

I still feel a breathe of fresh air when I hear his voice and always look forward to the Monday bible study outline and Christian women mirror. The members just need to work more on extending love to their neighbors particularly those we call sinners

Wish Kumuyi the best.

4 Likes

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Goshen360(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Image123:

Keep thinking.Very soon, you will see the light.

What threatens you whenever questions are asked? Just a question I asked, you have become hyper. If you feel a leader's teaching cannot be question, keep that to yourself, because here, we can question and challenge any act or teachings.

If you can't answer the questions I asked, just ignore me. I didn't ask question to mock him but to affirm the truth of what he believes, teaches and professes.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Goshen360:

What threatens you whenever questions are asked? Just a question I asked, you have become hyper. If you feel a leader's teaching cannot be question, keep that to yourself, because here, we can question and challenge any act or teachings.

If you can't answer the questions I asked, just ignore me. I didn't ask question to mock him but to affirm the truth of what he believes, teaches and professes.
What is that one question again? i thought you were thinking, dear.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Goshen360(m): 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
Image123:
What is that one question again? i thought you were thinking, dear.

Forget it, if you can't get my question from my first comment. I'm not gonna keep fussing with you. At all, you don't always answer my questions. Enjoy your day.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
Goshen360:

Forget it, if you can't get my question from my first comment. I'm not gonna keep fussing with you. At all, you don't always answer my questions. Enjoy your day.
You probably never had a question Gosh. Perhaps you came to scorn and mock.i'm certain that despisers would be so pissed and disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by PastorKun(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Image123: Just saw Pastor Kumuyi live on tv, LTV to be precise, They are showing a deeper life programme live on tv. Haters keep hating, the gates of hell cannot prevail against God's church. I'm certain despisers would be so pissed and disappointed.

And what is the big deal about Pastor Kumuyi appearing on TV

Oh I just remembered he once labelled the TV as the devil's box and banned his members from watching and owning TVs. Can we now call this hypocrisy on his part since he now uses the devil's instrument to spread his message.

3 Likes

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Oh I just remembered he once labelled the TV as the devil's box and banned his members from watching and owning TVs. Can we now call this hypocrisy on his part since he now uses the devil's instrument to spread his message.
They are showing face oh, as usual, your post borders on hearsay and falsehood. We are not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Kabieosi: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Oh I just remembered he once labelled the TV as the devil's box and banned his members from watching and owning TVs.

Can we now call this hypocrisy on his part since he now uses the devil's instrument to spread his message.

Image123:
They are showing face oh, as usual, your post borders on hearsay and falsehood. We are not surprised.

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by PastorKun(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Image123:

Hear say I am not surprised as I have known you to be a notorious bare faced liar on this forum. Several deeper life members have testified about DL ban on TV even on this forum. I also remember very clearly in the eighties at the height of spreading this poison, several DL members I know threw away their TVs based on this false doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Kabieosi: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Deeper Life Bible Church: 40 years after

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Its about Jesus not Kumuiyi.

When will this MAN worship end !

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by PastorKun(m): 6:18am On Sep 23, 2013
@Image

Funny enough your motive for starting this useless thread is obvious to me, that not withstanding I chose not to allow you escape with your hypocritical stance.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Hear say I am not surprised as I have known you to be a notorious bare faced liar on this forum. Several deeper life members have testified about DL ban on TV even on this forum. I also remember very clearly in the eighties at the height of spreading this poison, several DL members I know threw away their TVs based on this false doctrine.

You said "I just remembered he once labelled the TV as the devil's box and banned his members from watching and owning TVs."
Is this hearsay, false witness or falsehood or it is something that you can prove? Because i happen to know deeperlife members who have TV and they have had TVs in their churches for years now. Can you post any evidence, like a book Kumuyi wrote, or a youtube link, or a message or cassette with title and date?

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2013
Kabieosi: Deeper Life Bible Church: 40 years after

Oga, you that has been using and watching TV since 1960, what good have ou used it to do to benefit the kingdom of God. Kumuyi preached with it and asked people to come to Christ, many people did. Can you share your own testimonies sir historian?

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2013
frosbel: Its about Jesus not Kumuiyi.

This appears like words thrown into the air. What is man worship and how has man being worshipped on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

You said "I just remembered he once labelled the TV as the devil's box and banned his members from watching and owning TVs."
Is this hearsay, false witness or falsehood or it is something that you can prove? Because i happen to know deeperlife members who have TV and they have had TVs in their churches for years now. Can you post any evidence, like a book Kumuyi wrote, or a youtube link, or a message or cassette with title and date?

Actually image, I was in DLBC from 1986 to 1999(my dad is still there) and my father was asked to remove the TV from our house if he wanted the house fellowship to continue in his house and still remain a worker in church. He complied in 1990.

In fact even Coke was anathema to deeper life initially because of the caffeine content before it was relaxed. Get hold of the book with title 'The extraordinary growth of the Deeper life bible Church' . A story of deeper life written by an American church historian in 1988. I think Kumuyi made reference to these issues and concluded by saying 'when I was a child, I thought like a child'

Anyways that Kumuyi is a model of Christian humility is not in doubt and even his antagonists would conceed he's a good bible teacher. I guess nobody has it 100%. Which is why the bible is still the best guide; NOT MAN

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

Just saw Pastor Kumuyi live on tv, LTV to be precise, They are showing a deeper life programme live on tv. Haters keep hating, the gates of hell cannot prevail against God's church. I'm certain despisers would be so pissed and disappointed.

Good news. Despisers are already gnashing their teeth as you can see on this thread. May God use this medium (LTV) to plunder hell and populate heaven to the glory of God in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by PastorKun(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2013
Candour:

Actually image, I was in DLBC from 1986 to 1999(my dad is still there) and my father was asked to remove the TV from our house if he wanted the house fellowship to continue in his house and still remain a worker in church. He complied in 1990.

In fact even Coke was anathema to deeper life initially because of the caffeine content before it was relaxed. Get hold of the book with title 'The extraordinary growth of the Deeper life bible Church' . A story of deeper life written by an American church historian in 1988. I think Kumuyi made reference to these issues and concluded by saying 'when I was a child, I thought like a child'

Anyways that Kumuyi is a model of Christian humility is not in doubt and even his antagonists would conceed he's a good bible teacher. I guess nobody has it 100%. Which is why the bible is still the best guide; NOT MAN

Thanx for coming out to testify about this TV issue that some hypocrites are trying to distort facts about. Even Kumuyi cannot come out to deny this ban on TVs in the past of DL yet some human beings are trying to deny this fact here. On the issue of Kumuyi being a sound bible teacher, I beg to disagree,. If he was so sound there won't be so many errors in his messages, he is at best a very compulsive teacher. On the issue of humility again this is very subjective as there is nothing humble about the huge mega cathedral he is building in gbagada and the other one at there current head office. Also there is nothing humble about the state of the art SUVs Kumuyi uses.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Sep 23, 2013
frosbel:

Its about Jesus not Kumuiyi.

Why can't you learn how to get his name right? You are not suffering from dyslexia, are you? undecided
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Thanx for coming out to testify about this TV issue that some hypocrites are trying to distort facts about. Even Kumuyi cannot come out to deny this ban on TVs in the past of DL yet some human beings are trying to deny this fact here. On the issue of Kumuyi being a sound bible teacher, I beg to disagree,. If he was so sound there won't be so many errors in his messages, he is at best a very compulsive teacher. On the issue of humility again this is very subjective as there is nothing humble about the huge mega cathedral he is building in gbagada and the other one at there current head office. Also there is nothing humble about the state of the art SUVs Kumuyi uses.
grin

I guess I can't argue with you. Its been a long time I stopped following DLBC closely but from all indications, everybody don dey wake up grin even my papa sef dey enjoy plasma for his parlour now grin cheesy

I still enjoy Kumuyi sha. Maybe I'm suffering from hero worship syndrome cheesy make God help me
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kunle, you said that Kumuyi banned his members from WATCHING and OWNING tvs. Candour said something different, about house fellowship and worker in the 90s, and somethings about his THINKING.
I need some form of proof that KUMUYI told hischurch members not to watch or own tv. Is this based on hearsay or false witnessing. Jesus said somethings that were similar to but misconstrued by his false witnesses
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by PastorKun(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

Kunle, you said that Kumuyi banned his members from WATCHING and OWNING tvs. Candour said something different, about house fellowship and worker in the 90s, and somethings about his THINKING.
I need some form of proof that KUMUYI told hischurch members not to watch or own tv. Is this based on hearsay or false witnessing. Jesus said somethings that were similar to but misconstrued by his false witnesses

And how is what Candour said different
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

Haba image!! Somebody tells you can't be a worker in church or host house fellowship because you own TV and you say its not as good as banning them? What would convince you? Sure you're not expecting a picture of G.S using koboko on recalcitrant members?

Every adult in Nigeria knows deeperlifers didn't watch or own TV in the eighties and nineties because pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi preached against it .

Pls drop this argument.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And how is what Candour different

Members are not the same as workers or house fellowship venues for one. A church of 100 can have 30 to 50 workers. Also, Candour has not said that KUMUYI banned his members from watching or owning tvs. i want to believe you now the meaning of each word you use in a sentence, or do you just use words loosely? Confirm that you were never aware that deeper life churches have TV inside them?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Candour:

Haba image!! Somebody tells you can't be a worker in church or host house fellowship because you own TV and you say its not as good as banning them? What would convince you? Sure you're not expecting a picture of G.S using koboko on recalcitrant members?

Every adult in Nigeria knows deeperlifers didn't watch or own TV in the eighties and nineties because pastor William Folorunsho Kumuyi preached against it .

Pls drop this argument.

Do ou have ANY proof that he preached against it? For me, i do not know if he did. That is why i am asking those that are assertin that he did if they truly heard, saw or read Kumuyi say so, or it is just hearsay. i am aware many deeperlifers didn't watch TV at a time, also aware that some still do not BTW. But nobody ever told me that Kumuyi told them not to. They ave reasons why they do not or didn't, none of the reasons was ever Kumuyi. AGAIN, i ask, is there any link or proof that Kumuyi said all his church members should not watch or own TV, or this is just hearsay, rumour, legend?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

Do ou have ANY proof that he preached against it? For me, i do not know if he did. That is why i am asking those that are assertin that he did if they truly heard, saw or read Kumuyi say so, or it is just hearsay. i am aware many deeperlifers didn't watch TV at a time, also aware that some still do not BTW. But nobody ever told me that Kumuyi told them not to. They ave reasons why they do not or didn't, none of the reasons was ever Kumuyi. AGAIN, i ask, is there any link or proof that Kumuyi said all his church members should not watch or own TV, or this is just hearsay, rumour, legend?

Well I heard him very well preach against it just as Pastor Timi Amatare and Pastor Ighalo after him in Rivers state. We listened a lot to Kumuyi on tapes called life tapes then whenever we want to have a uniform message. Then 'life tapes' pre-recorded were despatched ahead to all region or district or zonal headquarters as the case maybe. Changes started coming when they started using projectors and white cloth to transmit Kumuyi's messages from Lagos to all churches. It will be a pleasant surprise if all those old messages have been put online for people to access now.

You're right about some still not using TV till now. Ask them, it was preached against then.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Candour:

Well I heard him very well preach against it just as Pastor Timi Amatare and Pastor Ighalo after him in Rivers state. We listened a lot to Kumuyi on tapes called life tapes then whenever we want to have a uniform message. Then 'life tapes' pre-recorded were despatched ahead to all region or district or zonal headquarters as the case maybe. Changes started coming when they started using projectors and white cloth to transmit Kumuyi's messages from Lagos to all churches. It will be a pleasant surprise if all those old messages have been put online for people to access now.

You're right about some still not using TV till now. Ask them, it was preached against then.

Great. This is like what i was asking, not Kunle's hearsay. Nevertheless, please be more detailed, did Kumuyi ban all members from owning or watching TV? Its one thing to preach against something. i understand that becauuse i have heard many things preached against before, like deliverance, prosperity, medicine, dressing, sports, etc. But the context is important so as to understand what exactly is being said and what is truth. It is possible for Kumuyi to preach against spendin time watchin TV instead of praying or studying Bible or evangelism or whatever, depending on context. In this case, this cn be called preachin against TV, but not equal to saying or banning all members from owning or watching TV. i won't take it past Pastor Kumuyi to have said so, fiery holiness preachers said a lot of things in time past. My grouse is that i have never heard anybody say that Kumuyi told him/her to not own or watch TV. Over to you, do you remember him speifically say this?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
Another reason why i'm particular about this is one message that Olaa my brother posted, in one of the threads that involved John Kumuyi saga. In that message, Pastor Kumuyi said something about not telling them to do most of the stuff. i understand the desire and forwardness of people to want to live like and behave like their leaders/pastors/teachers, like dressing like them, walking like them, talking like them etc. Could it be a case of following the example of the leaders, these things happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1k For 10 People For Eid / Belief In God Is A Mental Illness by APA / "Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.