Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,242 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ (3914 Views)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by speshsworld(m): 5:00am On Sep 22, 2013
The National Coordinator of the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, has criticised the call for a sovereign national conference, saying the proponents of the conference are asking for another civil war.

In an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, Mohammed said the conference would not solve the problems of corruption, illiteracy and poverty facing the country and noted that such national conferences had yielded negative results in countries such as Niger Republic, Benin Republic, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

He said, “The most spectacular failure of the national conference system is that of DR Congo. DR Congo is a big country with big problems. It’s a classical example of what you call a failed state. They held a sovereign national conference with so much fanfare. At the end of the day, what they had was not only a coup but a revolution.

“So, I have news for those who believe national conference is the panacea for the problems of Nigeria. Most of the problems of Nigeria today are contextual problems. The sovereign national conference in Nigeria will not solve the problems of corruption, illiteracy and poverty. It will not give an honest and realistic government and it will not give a sincere and responsible revenue allocation formula. These are the problems of Nigeria.

“No country, so far, has disintegrated peacefully. What they are asking or demanding is that we go through another civil war. If they want that, they are more than welcome. But they should be man enough to come out and say we want to disintegrate this country and we are prepared for the consequences. The first consequence is war; the second is the attendant consequences of war. We don’t have anything to fear.”

Mohammed argued that the North had far more advantage over the South, when it comes to war, stating that any set of people who attempt to disintegrate the country would be crushed in the way of Biafra.

“The last time the Igbo carried out their own coup, in which they killed people from other ethnic groups and there was retaliation and they started talking about war, we had war. Who lost? They did.

Over one million lives were lost and over 90 per cent of them were Igbo. And the people who instigated the Igbo to go to war were Lagosians. When they took up the challenge, these people withdrew from them. If they want that now, I wish them good luck” he said.

Read more http://www.speshsworld.com/2013/09/supporters-snc-asking-civil-war/
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Emperor007: 5:13am On Sep 22, 2013
How is SNC asking for another civil war?

Nigeria must be restructured if it must continue as a country.

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by 247notire(m): 5:19am On Sep 22, 2013
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by cjrane: 5:25am On Sep 22, 2013
Emperor_007: How is SNC asking for another civil war?

Space booked. grin
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by awodman: 5:27am On Sep 22, 2013
From Babangida Aliyu to Junaid Mohammed...What is the north afraid of?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by cjrane: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2013
Emperor_007: How is SNC asking for another civil war?

Each time i hear the north threaten war, i just really laf. Meanwhile i dey sip my fura de nunu with a mandarin laf grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by eastman11: 5:38am On Sep 22, 2013
The id*iot wants a realistic sharing formula but they bring nothing to the table, they don't want true federalism, they don't want the country restructured, the only thing they want is their continuous dependence on oil revenue from the SS and SE. Talking about war, he things Boko Haram can fight real war, and that in 2013 Biafra will repeat itself, let 2015 come then we shall see what happens, he should better prepare for real war.
The Yorubas like he mentioned deceived Igbos and chickened out at the last minute but this time they will not be factored into the plan since Tifnubu have sold them out to Fool-anis.

7 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by speshsworld(m): 5:53am On Sep 22, 2013
Crazy request it is. I don't know why the north is running away from the SNC. undecided
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by ichidodo: 5:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Enough of this cheap blackmail, we are not afraid of another Civil War, give us our SNC.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 22, 2013
the more north run away from SNC the more i realise how north want nigeria to remain backward, and the more i pray for SNC to happen.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by musaajebor(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2013
What is d need? If yu restructure the nation Willi restructure the politicians too?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by abu12: 6:47am On Sep 22, 2013
Who really want one NIGERIA?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2013
Dividing an already existing country is never easy, there are usually too many interests colloding both internal and external. that is why it almost always results in a bloody and protracted civil war. Ordinary changing a country's president is difficult enough not to talk of changing a country's structure by breaking it up. In the event of a civil war, you will find Hausas on both sides of the divide, some fighting for seperation while others fighting for division. Same for Igbos, some will pick up arms and fight fellow igbos to remain one with Nigeria. This is what you will find across regions, tribes and even families. The overriding interest is group or personal interest.

After a bloody civil war, how will the newly created vulnerable states be able to defend themselves first against each other and against foreign countries. Remember Nigeria is surrounded by "enermies".

The only way a country can seperate peacefully is through a peacefully negoatiated seperation or through a UN mandate, that way the country would get UN protection.

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Abagworo(m): 7:01am On Sep 22, 2013
I'd like to know how the SNC failed in Rwanda. Nigerian leaders have failed us woefully and that is why we've ended up this polarized. Anyone that has read Ojukwu's "Because I'm Involved" will notice his views of Nigeria and why we need to de-emphasize on this European manufactured tribalism. We are 99.9% ethnic blacks in Nigeria comprising of basically 2 major groups of Afro-Asiatic and Bantu-Congo people speaking over 500 languages.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by abu12: 7:10am On Sep 22, 2013
ichidodo: Enough of this cheap blackmail, we are not afraid of another Civil War, give us our SNC.

SNC will not yield any positive result that is the truth. We need referendum to be conducted by UN

The north has shown more interest in war more than the south with the use of boko haram. But the south only know how to give:
7 days ultimatum
14 days ultimatum
60 days ultimatum bla bla bla
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by classicEntity(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2013
I don't know the exact problem of the Northerns, they oppose everything that will move the country further, all they support is Amnesty for Boko Haram, islamization of the country, Northern Presidency and dependant on only Oil from the south but their plans will not work, thank God we are in Democracy. Then talking about 'WAR' let the Northerns especially the Hausa/Fulani pipes not think they will win a war against the south again, this is not 1960s when 75% of the Army is occupied by the Northerners and moreover the Idea of One indivisible North is a fraud and is dead, the Igalas, kwarans, tiv, Idomas, southern K.D, jukun people will not join hands with them to fight the south, the Yorubas are wising up too, therefore anything the core Northerners are calling for I bet them we are also more than ready, Nigeria must be better..!!

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2013
classicEntity: I don't know the exact problem of the Northerns, they oppose everything that will move the country further, all they support is Amnesty for Boko Haram, islamization of the country, Northern Presidency and dependant on only Oil from the south but their plans will not work, thank God we are in Democracy. Then talking about 'WAR' let the Northerns especially the Hausa/Fulani pipes not think they will win a war against the south again, this is not 1960s when 75% of the Army is occupied by the Northerners and moreover the Idea of One indivisible North is a fraud and is dead, the Igalas, kwarans, tiv, Idomas, southern K.D, jukun people will not join hands with them to fight the south, the Yorubas are wising up too, therefore anything the core Northerners are calling for I bet them we are also more than ready, Nigeria must be better..!!

The same problems that afflict the north also affect the south, the only problem is we are blind to our own problems and is only able to see the speck in our neighbours eyes. The south supports and gives amnesty to militants and recently support amnesty for kidnappers. The south east supports christianization of the country by banning abortion and gay rights and closing down tradtional shrines. The east wants eastern president also and also depends largely on oil allocations from abuja to run the states.

Nobody can predict the eventual outcome of a war, alliances and allegiences change rapidly, it all depends on interests. The only thing we can be sure of is massive devestation on all sides in terms of human and material casualties.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2013
It only the SS and SE that are in front in agitating for National conference or the sovereignity confeb SNC. The rest are still lazy due to oil. Every month billions went to all the state govt account just like that - Why cant they contribute nationally to boost the country's revenue both at the state and federal level why over depends on oil what happen next if the oil is no more, diversify the economy today. What is diffcult in discussing about the country in general to know, outline the best way forward as a nation. Becos this foolish goats are enjoying the wealth and power alone while others beg for power, senseless and shameless mammals who can not offer ways to unity the country at peace. Up National confeb. Why are the North afraid of roundtable talk that would address the unbalance, injustice, etc in the face of claim Nigeria as a country. Peace to those who seek them and death to the ones that cant sincerely offer one.

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by DoffMan2: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2013
abu12:

SNC will not yield any positive result that is the truth. We need referendum to be conducted by UN

The north has shown more interest in war more than the south with the use of boko haram. But the south only know how to give:
7 days ultimatum
14 days ultimatum
60 days ultimatum bla bla bla

You call the shameless and cowardly killing of defenceless women and children in places of worship war? You animal!!

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

The same problems that afflict the north also affect the south, the only problem is we are blind to our own problems and is only able to see the speck in our neighbours eyes. The south supports and gives amnesty to militants and recently support amnesty for kidnappers. The south east supports christianization of the country by banning abortion and gay rights and closing down tradtional shrines. The east wants eastern president also and also depends largely on oil allocations from abuja to run the states.

Nobody can predict the eventual outcome of a war, alliances and allegiences change rapidly, it all depends on interests. The only thing we can be sure of is massive devestation on all sides in terms of human and material casualties.
I'm from East, let every zone settle with what they found in their land period. What if the oil is there in the North. Maybe by now they would have departed from the rest. One Nigeria by foot. Allow us as a nation to discuss. Is just to agree in unionism.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2013
Kingspin: It only the SS/SE that are in front in agitating for National conference or the sovereign the rest are still lazy due to oil. What is diffcult in discussing about the country in general to know outline the best way forward as a nation. Becos this foolish goats are enjoy the weath and power alone while others beg for power senseless and shameless mammals who can not offer ways to unity the country at peace. Up National confeb. Why are the North afraid of roundtable talk that would address the unbalance, injustice, etc in the face of claim Nigeria as a country. Peace to those who seek them and death to the ones that cant sincerely offer one.

It is annoying when you lie, twist facts and upturn logic just to support GEJ. When GEJ says no to National Conferemce you are antagonistic of national conference now when GEJ calls for a National Conference others are now foolish for holding contrary views.

You then come here and lie bare faced that it is only the SS/SE that are in the front in agitating for a National Conference. The people at the fore front of agitations for a National Conference are the SW, they have been agitating for since the time of IBB. infact they actually held one that involved all ethnic group in Nigeria and submitted the paper to the government. I can name 10 yorubas that are at the fore front of agitations for national conference, just name one SS or one igbo man that had agitated for a national conference. All the SS agitate for is resource control.

I am from an oil producing community, but to call other non oil producing communities or states lazy is the height of delusion. I am sure you are not from an oil producing cvommunity but is enjoying the proceeds of oil. that also makes you lazy.

I have always supported a national conference where the structute of the country and relationships between the constituent parts can be discussed and agreed upon, but it makes discussions impossible when you refer to others as lazy, shameless and senseless just because you have oil.

7 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2013
abu12: Who really want one NIGERIA?
The north want oil to feed well. Some will say they get agriculture but why cant they use them to feed, employ and education their people. Lazy ants.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2013
Kingspin:
I'm from East, let every zone settle with what they found in their land period. What if the oil is there in the North. Maybe by now they would have departed from the rest. One Nigeria by foot. Allow us as a nation to discuss. Is just to agree in unionism.

In theoy everybody should settle with what is found in their land, but in practice what is found in your land is only yours if you can defend it. The british came here to subdue us to take what was in our soil. The whites are in south africa, south and north america because of what was in their soil. The US are in kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Iraq because of oil in their soil.

If Nigeria should bulkanize today, the SS would be the battle ground for control of the oil resources involving first the other bigger tribes and sections including the igbos and international powers like the US, UK, France, China, Russia etc.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Kingspin(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

It is annoying when you lie, twist facts and upturn logic just to support GEJ. When GEJ says no to National Conferemce you are antagonistic of national conference now when GEJ calls for a National Conference others are now foolish for holding contrary views.

You then come here and lie bare faced that it is only the SS/SE that are in the front in agitating for a National Conference. The people at the fore front of agitations for a National Conference are the SW, they have been agitating for since the time of IBB. infact they actually held one that involved all ethnic group in Nigeria and submitted the paper to the government. I can name 10 yorubas that are at the fore front of agitations for national conference, just name one SS or one igbo man that had agitated for a national conference. All the SS agitate for is resource control.

I am from an oil producing community, but to call other non oil producing communities or states lazy is the height of delusion. I am sure you are not from an oil producing cvommunity but is enjoying the proceeds of oil. that also makes you lazy.

I have always supported a national conference where the structute of the country and relationships between the constituent parts can be discussed and agreed upon, but it makes discussions impossible when you refer to others as lazy, shameless and senseless just because you have oil.
Friend, read my lips SE/SS are more hungry to separate from the so called one Nigeria. Others may call for anything but the two want to be independent and ans a new country. It dnt start today thats what i mean by being at the front. Correct urself. I support confeb to discuss and agree on ways to build a strong Nigeria. We have more than to benefit.
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by wirinet(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2013
Kingspin:
Friend, read my lips SE/SS are more hungry to separate from the so called one Nigeria. Others may call for anything but the two want to be independent and ans a new country. It dnt start today thats what i mean by being at the front. Correct urself.

Sorry to say, you need to spend money on more qualitative education. How you equate a national conference to seperation beats me.

I honestly do not know when this SS/SE nonsense started. I am a core niger delta citizen from warri, and I am not aware of any SS/SE alliance. Then it smacks of mischief to say that SS are hungary to seperate from one nigeria. Please name the SS personalities or ethnic groups agitating for separation. it is your perogative to fight for seperation of your own people but it is criminal to drag others along with you without their consent.

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by pandriod: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2013
Kingspin:
Friend, read my lips SE/SS are more hungry to separate from the so called one Nigeria. Others may call for anything but the two want to be independent and ans a new country. It dnt start today thats what i mean by being at the front. Correct urself. I support confeb to discuss and agree on ways to build a strong Nigeria. We have more than to benefit.

For a start can you stop putting ss and se together? You even have the audacity to call other people lazy when in actual sense you ibos are the parasites. Show me one thing the ibos or se are contributing to this country. How much in revenue is the whole se contributing to federation accounts on monthly basis? less than 10 billion naira while sw contributes something in neighbourhood of 200 billion naira, after ss and you call others parasites.CAN THE IBOS SURVIVE A MONTH WITHOUT OIL REVENUE?

Last year alone, revenues from cocoa stood at a billion dollars. CAN YOU SHOW ME ANYTHING FROM S E THAT RIVALED THAT?

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IGBOSON1: 9:19am On Sep 22, 2013
awodman: From Babangida Aliyu to Junaid Mohammed...What is the north afraid of?

^^^Equity; fairness; recognition of merit over quota system and federal character; a level playing field; a weak centre; fiscal federalism; equality of regions/geo-political zones.......want me to go on? wink
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IdomaLikita: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2013
Wirinet, You are the most Pragmatic person here!

1. An SNC is good!
2. A Confederacy is Excellent
3. Division will only favour the 3 Major Ethnic Groups whom will use their Numerical Strength To Annihilate Smaller Tribes!

1700 till datesadWhat is the fate of millions of non-hausa speakers in the North Today?)

Biafra:1967-1969(wat was the lot of the Wawa in Enugu North & the peoples of the Midwest?)

All over the World, Minority Nations are Protesting the cultural, religious, and physical annihilation of their people by Numerically Stronger Nations:

China: Tibetans & Uygurs are being Decimated by Han Chinese

Romania: Gypsies are endangered Species

Turkey: Kurdish Suppression

Israel: Non-Ashkenazi Jews have no say!

Australia: Aborigines are worse than Vermin

I shall not be alive to watch my Children suffer discrimination just because they were born to parents whose parents were born to parents that spoke a tongue different from the majority!

I shall fight for the Unity of this Country, not because I enjoy the present Status quo, but because I know the Sequelae of Division!

Happy Sunday, Resilient NIGERIANS!

2 Likes

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IGBOSON1: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2013
wirinet:

Sorry to say, you need to spend money on more qualitative education. How you equate a national conference to seperation beats me.

I honestly do not know when this SS/SE nonsense started. I am a core niger delta citizen from warri, and I am not aware of any SS/SE alliance. Then it smacks of mischief to say that SS are hungary to seperate from one nigeria. Please name the SS personalities or ethnic groups agitating for separation. it is your perogative to fight for seperation of your own people but it is criminal to drag others along with you without their consent.

^^^So let's put the ball in your court: what do you want to see happen? And why does a synergy of efforts between SE and SS rile you up so?
Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by IGBOSON1: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2013
Idoma Likita:
Wirinet, You are the most Pragmatic person here!

1. An SNC is good!
2. A Confederacy is Excellent
3. Division will only favour the 3 Major Ethnic Groups whom will use their Numerical Strength To Annihilate Smaller Tribes!

1700 till datesadWhat is the fate of millions of non-hausa speakers in the North Today?)

Biafra:1967-1969(wat was the lot of the Wawa in Enugu North & the peoples of the Midwest?)

All over the World, Minority Nations are Protesting the cultural, religious, and physical annihilation of their people by Numerically Stronger Nations:

China: Tibetans & Uygurs are being Decimated by Han Chinese

Romania: Gypsies are endangered Species

Turkey: Kurdish Suppression

Israel: Non-Ashkenazi Jews have no say!

Australia: Aborigines are worse than Vermin

I shall not be alive to watch my Children suffer discrimination just because they were born to parents whose parents were born to parents that spoke a tongue different from the majority!

I shall fight for the Unity of this Country, not because I enjoy the present Status quo, but because I know the Sequelae of Division!

Happy Sunday, Resilient NIGERIANS!

^^^Idoma-miss-road! You would be served better if you took the position that either things are done fairly in this country, with everyone treated as equals, or we all go our separate ways and call it curtains on this 'mere geographical expression'!......it's when you take this position that you'd force the hands of these bastards that are holding the rest of the country to ransom!

If we can't reach some sort of agreement on the way forward, then we should all agree to go our separate ways! Nobody will be forced to join Ndigbo to form a new country; the Wawa you talk of, though Igbo, can team up with Benue state or Hausa/Fulani if they feel that they'd thrive better and be better protected with them......no be by force!

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 22, 2013
So what Junaid saying is that we all should stop agitating for SNC because if we keep at it the North will kill us all, pillage our lands and sell us into slavery?
I just dey laff for here. I am hoping the SNC is convened, I will like to see what these war-mongers will do.

1 Like

Re: ‘supporters Of SNC Asking For Civil War’ by pandriod: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^So let's put the ball in your court: what do you want to see happen? And why does a synergy of efforts between SE and SS rile you up so?

No one wants to live with parasite and a greedy one for that matter. You think they don't read how you parasites are shamelessly trying to claim Lagos from south west? If you can try this on Lagos, hundreds of km away from southeast, then how long will it take you to run them down in warri? No one wants to leave this Nigeria, only to end up with another mini Nigeria. Everybody MUST ansa him papa name.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My "Miracles" Are Not Fake, TB Joshua Cries Out: Calls For Arrest Of Journalists / Is the Rivers State Government really vandalized as claimed by Wike & PDP? Pics / The Daftest Comment I Read Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.