Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members (29629 Views)

Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors / Presidency Orders Withdrawal Of Security Personnel From Politicians / Govt Orders Withdrawal Of Troops From Mali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by rhames(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
daft leadership fighting a lost battle.Nigerian politicians only learn from crisis and not reality. The truth is he thought he could manipulate the NASS like OBJ did. What he forgot was OBJ was an elder statesman,who has been there before and was sophisticated to run that office than a neophyte Ph.D/Holder. Thank God for prroving to us that you do not need that kind of qualification to run a country like Nigeria but the sophistication and political will to do so.May God save us from another disaster in this country.Amen.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
grin
musiwa1l:

[size=18pt]
awolowo was never the Premier of the defunct Western Region, he was the premier of WESTERN NIGERIA. two different thing, awolowo had british passport because protectorate enjoy exclusive right to citizenship

Independent day in Western nigeria.. not western region.

a kingdom that spread into 10 states. You can see that zambia and malawi(f Northern Rhodesia and Nyasaland) was part of the definition call Nigeria. So western Nigeria is an independent nation on its own.

So you can see, you dont want to challenge me in the international court. You will loss your case, because Western Nigeria is a sovereign country of its own. And Your govt is seen as a occupier.
[/size]

BASCKARD grin

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Alxmyr(m): 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
In 2012 members of HoR demanded for reduction in number of people carrying diplomatic passport

Cut down holders of diplomatic passport –Reps

OCTOBER 13, 2012 BY JOHN AMEH

There was a disagreement between members of the House of Representatives and the Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro, on Friday, over the number of persons qualified to hold a diplomatic passport.

At the moment, 41 categories of persons qualify to carry the document.

However, the lawmakers were of the view that the number was unwieldy and should be cut down.

But Moro disagreed, canvassing the inclusion of the spouses of holders on the list.

The lawmakers observed that the passport was easily abused by holders, who continued to use it after they might have left office.

Chairman, House Committee on Interior, Mr. Umar Bature, said, “Over the years, there has been dispute over who should carry the diplomatic passport.

“At a time it was causing friction between the Executive and the Legislature.

Currently, there are 41 categories of persons eligible to carry the passport.

“How do we stem abuses? For instance, after you have left the service and the passport is yet to expire, are you still entitled to hold it and if not how do we retrieve it?

Lawmakers and Moro argued during a public hearing on a bill for ‘An Act to Amend the Passport (Miscellaneous Provision) Act Cap.pl Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, so as to Clearly Define Persons Eligible for the Issuance of Diplomatic and Official Passports,’ organised by the Joint Committee on Interior/Judiciary.

The legislators sought to whittle down the powers of the President as the sole office authorising issuance of the passport.

The minister canvassed an increase in the number of beneficiaries. He also kicked against any proposal to reduce the powers of the President.

Moro noted that countries should use their sovereign rights to control the issuance of the passport in spite of the provisions of the Vienna Convention on the document.

He added, “There are individuals that are allowed to travel with the President. For example, a governor who accompanies the President. The governor has to be at par with the President.

“If the Senate President for example is travelling with his wife, he carries a diplomatic passport and his wife a green passport, they will be on two different lines; you are going against the Biblical injunction that what God has joined together, no man should put asunder.”

The committee chairman again disagreed with Moro. He said that sometimes people travelled for business, but used the cover of a diplomatic passport.

“Without sentiment, we need a reduction of those that are beneficiaries of the passport. If you are on business, you have no business carrying the passport.

“We have instances of the discretionary power of the President: I remember there was a minister that was delayed in America for carrying $250,000 and he was carrying a diplomatic passport.

“Those that can carry diplomatic passport have been defined. If the President directs otherwise, he must be advised. If you are not on a diplomatic mission, you have no business carrying it. We should not give the President a blanket power to give out diplomatic passports,” Bature insisted

http://www.punchng.com/news/cut-down-holders-of-diplomatic-passport-reps/
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by validplanet: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

wait a minute. how do all these classified information get to the press?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by validplanet: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
well... the presidency should simply bring out their dirty files and call efcc and icpc to check them.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by mekaboy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
GOD is working behind the scene in our favor. Soon Gej will go suicidal and bring justice to all the crooks in power including himself if he is guilty.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by tnktosin(m): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
The mistake a lot of politicians make is in forgetting they've been appointed and thinking they've been anointed.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by pitypec(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
eGuerrilla: The Presidency has my undiluted support here.
Let's make these overpaid legislators feel the pain of the common man by queuing up at foreign embassies across the land. grin
this is not in support of d common man this is abt d post (presidency)
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by IYANGBALI: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
mekaboy: GOD is working behind the scene in our favor. Soon Gej will go suicidal and bring justice to all the crooks in power including himself if he is guilty.
ameeeen

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by IYANGBALI: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
phildon:
Point of correction: Colours of Passports-
Diplomatic Passports-Red
Official Passports-Blue
Standard Passports-Green
which own do you own?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Datsme: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
I cn nw sense w@ GEJ s trying to do nw n I can categorically tel u dt it s for d masses sake. The Oga at d top wants to break d central bond of d powerful looters of ds country in which the foreseeable end shall be anoda party known as d progressives taking up d affairs of the nation for d betterment of all nigerians. #I-like-am-like-dat
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Mccullum: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Though Western Nigeria attained independent from Great Britain in 1957 but it was autonomy independent while the full independent was recieved in 1960 along with other regions.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by UDbester(m): 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
crown777: Jonathan met with the Queen of England.

He asked her, "How do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips u can give to me? I want to help Nigeria."

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Jonathan frowned, and then asked,"But how do i know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen replied, "Oh, that's easy, you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send David Cameron in here, would you?"

David Cameron walked into the room and said,"Yes, your majesty?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer this riddle. David, your mother and father have a child, it is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a minute David Cameron answered, "that would be me."

"Yes, very good," said the Queen.

Jonathan went back home to ask his Vice President Sambo.

JONATHAN: Answer this. Your mother and your father have a child, it's not your brother and it's not your sister, who is it?

SAMBO: "I'm not sure, let me get back to you."

He asked all his staff in the Office but none could give him an answer. Finally, one day, VP Sambo ran into Dora Akunyili. Sambo asked, Dora,

SAMBO: Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or sister, who is it?"

Dora answered sharply, "That's easy, its me!" Sambo smiled,and said "Thanks!"

Then he went back to speak with President Jonathan.

Sambo: Sir, I have the answer to that riddle, It's Dora Akunyili!

Jonathan got angry,he said to Sambo. "No wonder Nigeria isn't moving forward, I am surrounded by Dummies! The answer is David Cameron!"

WHO IS MORE INTELLIGENT?

I rest my case..
LWKMD!!!!! I like dis. Infact evrybody 4 naija be big dummy xcluding me.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by pitypec(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
eGuerrilla: The Presidency has my undiluted support here.
Let's make these overpaid legislators feel the pain of the common man by queuing up at foreign embassies across the land. grin
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hope that of Patience Jonathan was also withdrawn, else it will lead to a big showdown with the Presidency that could to the President's impeachment?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
a very nice move. let them no longer enjoy diplomatic immunity outside
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by kabba7(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nwoka]Ara agba ndi ara

I swear to orkija juju Jonathan has begun crazeiness & the earlier he is brought to Yaba the better for Bayelsa people lets one day the papers will report seeing him on the street of Abuja unclad , the way he is handling these issues surely has begun to affect him @ the upstairs.
Was reading in one paper today how the sack of Emordi was because she told him (jona) the home truth those on nairaland who has his phone number should do him a favour by droping the number here i must pray for him urgently he is on self destruction lane !!
If his people decide to ignore this they should not blame anyone if the come come to become Those the gods want to kill they first make mad

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2013

He asked her, "How do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips u can give to me? I want to help Nigeria."

"Well," said the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Jonathan frowned, and then asked,"But how do i know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen replied, "Oh, that's easy, you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. "Please send David Cameron in here, would you?"

The Queen smiled and said, "Answer this riddle. David, your mother and father have a child, it is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a minute David Cameron answered, "that would be me."

JONATHAN: Answer this. Your mother and your father have a child, it's not your brother and it's not your sister, who is it?

He asked all his staff in the Office but none could give him an answer. Finally, one day, VP Sambo ran into Dora Akunyili. Sambo asked, Dora,

SAMBO: Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or sister, who is it?"

Jonathan got angry,he said to Sambo. "No wonder Nigeria isn't moving forward, I am surrounded by Dummies! The answer is David Cameron!"

WHO IS MORE INTELLIGENT?

I rest my case..
una no go tire to dey copy paste for nigeria...pirate.....
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by kinguwem: 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
What urgent issues do legislators address abroad apart from moving with estacodes & taking hard currencies abroad. What do they need diplomatic passports for?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Demdem(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
SUBMARINE: [color=#006600] In your village, someone who is in EFCC custody can still go to the NASS building to conduct impeachment proceedings.

I knew it. U are a novice. Please shut up.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigeria has turned into a nairaland forum where people do mouth fighting...

now I understand why they said Enugu airport is no longer an international airport when at least 80% of Igbos resident abroad have not even learnt of the international status conferred on the airport. they start talking about poor traffic on a one month old airport.

infact I was driving a family to Lagos from east about 3weeks back to catch a Lagos flight to Germany. I told them about Enugu airport, they said they were just hearing it for the first time. they agreed to use it during christmas...

now enemies of progress say Enugu airport no be international again. may their mouth be like that of hippopotamus. he he he...
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Demdem(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
solomon111: PDP is still the biggest and the most sophisticated party in Africa.
That fact is currently undisputable.

It also has the biggest and most sophisticated faction in Africa.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Demdem(m): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
berem: But Emordi, at the meeting, pointedly
told the President that the idea of
using cash to buy the support of
members of NASS was wrong
approach, because events of the past
in the NASS had shown that it was
capable of having a negative effect.
Our source said she told the
Presidency that she had been in the
Senate and understands how
members think. In fact, she reportedly
told the President that the idea was
dumb, our source said.

A special adviser gave the president a good and candid advice, and suddenly, the president sacks the special adviser? You see why Jonathan remains a retarrdd? smh.

That's the way of Jonathan. He is immune to good advise.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Demdem(m): 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
emmydeep:
If you are not a parasite in the Niger delta oil you won't like Nigeria to remain as one country.
You hate Jonathan Goodluck but you need his Oil abi?
People like you hates the truth and are the destroyers of this great country.

Goon, what has this got to do with the fact that an incompetent fool will soon be booted out of office?
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Demdem(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
DaLover:
Keep dreaming on man, even if Abacha settled afenifere leaders to forget Abiola, it doesn't mean ND will let it go, oil is the glue that holds this country together, your kind aren't bold enuf to let go.

There is an undeniable precedence and no one can fault such.
Tompolos pocket has been emancipated, to hell with ND environment.
Boyloaf bank accout is now active, ffuck the people at continues to suffer at kolo creeks and their likes in bayelsa.
Ateke Tom is a billionaire, death awaits anyone that says Govt isn't doing well for ND. And the names of these freedom fighters continues.
Joke on u goon.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by talktimi(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
pitypec: this is not in support of d common man this is abt d post (presidency)
eGuerrila has never been a fan of the president. You can check out his previous posts on nairaland so you should accord him his respect on this issue but that doesnt stop the valid question of why were the NA members issued such passports in the first place ? Impunity should not be condoned just because we dont like a person. Ok

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
I'm surprised by the comments of Nigerian youths,who are the worst hit by the usual lootocracy tradition.While you accept peanuts and support mediocrity,your future is being mortgaged by these thiefs.

The guy that talked about russian:Russian/putin situation is very different from what we run here.Russian oligarchy runs in tandem with covert rule of engagement of the kremlin.I can't start lecturing you here,on CIS politics because,you may struggle to even understand ''concepts'' of international diplomacy.So,stick to Nigeria's beer parlour politics.

Some of you supporting blindly,would understand the picture,by the time we become so lawless and militias start forming fiefs.By that time,ECOWAS must have collapsed,then you will need a visa to visit Benin republic.

YOUTHS,LEARN FROM AFGHANISTAN AND SOMALIA.MOST OF THESE POLITICIANS,HAVE ST KITTS AND NERVIS PASSPORT,YOU WILL CARRY YOUR CROSS.
Re: FG Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Senators And HOR Members by Dantedasz(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2013

WHO IS MORE INTELLIGENT?

I rest my case..

WTF!
Sadly,this joke sums up our leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Somebody Must Be Lying About Dasuki - Vanguard / Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu To Tinubu: You've Disappointed, Disgraced The Noble Yoruba Ancestry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.