Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust (4676 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Jonathan Plans To Raise Petrol Prices Again / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Jonathan plans Sovereign
National Conference
Category: News
Published on Sunday, 22
September 2013 05:00
Written by Turaki A. Hassan
Hits: 40
President Goodluck Jonathan has
concluded plans to organize a
Sovereign National Conference,
Sunday Trust learnt in Abuja at
the weekend.
Top government officials who
spoke on condition anonymity
said the Federal government has
already gone far with the
preparation and planning of the
SNC where all ethnic groups in
the country will nominate their
delegates to the confab.
Sources in the National Assembly
said Jonathan had requested
both Senate President David
Mark, and Speaker of the House
of Representatives, Aminu Waziri
Tambuwal, to nominate two
senators and two House
members to represent the
Federal legislature in the SNC.
However, the source said, Mark
and Tambuwal both turned
down the request to nominate
MPs to the conference insisting
that, the National Assembly will
not be a party to it.
“I can confirm to you that both
Senate president and the Speaker
have received request from Mr.
President to nominate two
members from each of the
chamber to be delegates to the
SNC. But they have turned down
the request because we believe it
is illegal and it was an attempt to
give it a legal coloration when
lawmakers are part of it,” a
principal officer said.
“Our understanding is that, the
government is desperate in its
attempt to Balkanize Nigeria by
insisting on the SNC and we
won’t be here as true
representatives of the Nigerian
people and allow it happen,” the
legislator said.
Speaking at the commencement
of the Senate’s third legislative
session on Tuesday, Senator
Mark said, a conference of
Nigeria’s ethnic nationalities
called to foster frank and open
discussions of the national
question can “certainly find
accommodation in the extant
provisions of the 1999
constitution which guarantee
freedom of expression and
association.”
“I hasten to add that it would be
unconstitutional to clothe such a
conference with sovereign
powers,” Mark said.
The senate president maintained
that the National Assembly,
consisting of the elected
representatives of the Nigerian
people cannot be ignored and
that “to circumvent the
constitution and its provisions
on how to amend it and repose
sovereignty in an unpredictable
mass will be too risky and a
gamble and may ultimately do
great disservice to the idea of
one Nigeria.”
Mark further argued that, such a
conference whether sovereign or
not is not a magic wand and that
the heights attained by great
nations were not made by
sudden flights.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Taiwo20(m): 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ok
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Abeg let's do the damn SNC thing and leave nigeria in the past!

Any northerner that is not supporting this move is a bastard, high time we divide and see who survives, the parasite or the host
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
[size=15pt]PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NIGER DELTA

With Capital in PORT HARCOURT or CALABAR

Tell me why every youth for this new republic no go dey gainfully employed?

Imagine the number of European investors wey go flock if only we fit do away with our weakest link - the North

And allow bilateral relationship with our strongest link - the East[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by omenka(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
"If you can't get it, destroy it".

Jonathanian doctrine.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by saintdeby(m): 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
MOD front page
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by gbigbega: 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigeria has imploded enough but before we explode and become bits and pieces, its expedient we have SNC. See how those National Assembly leaders are talking like they have the interest of Nigeria at heart. They should by now have stolen enough to leave us alone to discuss Nigeria's way forward - haba.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by mcquin(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
We need 2 gt fings straight...1stly my N.D brodas(cos I'm 4rm ss) shud do away wif d brkkin up idea...we r way past dat...we dnt hav 2 join issues wif d "naturally violent north."All we need do is articulate d way we actually wnt Nigeria;nt d tribalistic country we hav now buh 1 were d best leads,weda 4rm north,south,east or west. One wif gud federal structure,a parliamentary govt wif unicamera structure nd an electoral commision as spelt out by d Justice Uwais panel we're chairman is nt an apointee of d president d

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by geeez: 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
[b]My question is always - what will be the composition of a SNC?

Will it be based on LGAs or tribes?

If you say LGAs, the north have more but if you say tribes, the question will now be if the Urhobos/Isokos will be regarded as separate tribes or he Ijebu/Egba as distinct tribes. Another question that will be raised is how why the Tiv tribe should have the same number of representatives as the Fulanis who are clearly more

I believe there are more tribes in northern Nigeria than southern Nigeria but whatever the case may be, if a SNC holds, the country will never be the same again and I hope whatever the issues are, they should be subjected to a referendum conducted by the UN.

Today, if we choose to have a referendum on resolutions of a SNC, I will vote for a Republic of Oduduwa. A country that could have been Africa's biggest economy today, if it had been on its own from the very start. The closest we got to being truly independent was as the Western Region and our economy was clearly the biggest and fastest growing

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by aljharem(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=15pt]PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NIGER DELTA

Imagine the number of European investors wey go flock if only we fit do away with our weakest link - the North

[size=16pt]No it is SS/SE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Realdeals(m): 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good if true
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Demdem(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
Now that his second term is clearly in shambles he feels like doing the right thing. its ok by me.
To be honest, if this report is true and Jonathan trully wants an SNC- SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE has against his earlier position and works towards acheiving it, then i will have to support him to acheive such. i have been calling for this for years now.
We need to determine on what basis we have to live together as a nation if trully that is what we want.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by pandriod: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
From now on, I'm supporting Jonathan cool

Anything that will make me drive out these parasites? can't wait!!!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by IGBOSON1: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod: From now on, I'm supporting Jonathan cool

^^^Hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
I support GEJ!

At last we will havE our 3 countries.

Arewa

Odua

One Biafra( SS and SE). With all our Oyel to ourselves grin
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by geeez: 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kamanda: I support GEJ!

At last we will havE our 3 countries.

Arewa

Odua

One Biafra( SS and SE). With all our Oyel to ourselves grin

There will be a minimum of five countries if there should be a referendum around that today

The SS already knows the reason why you so badly wanna associate with them is their oyel and they are wiser now than they were about forty years ago

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Clerverly: 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
I now see myself supporting the retardeen for the first time. End T. T" you may so!
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by 2old4that(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
Haha David mark and co doesnt wants to be involved cos they wouldnt want members of SNC to open their yanshes on why govt spend outrageously paying them salaries, allowances in the national assembly. Truth will be very hurt to take.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by luvmijeje(f): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
I hope historians are observing and recording events as they occur because something is about to go down in the annals of history of this great country.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by kenbee(f): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
God please let this be true cos i'm tired of this Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by gbogboti: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
The countries will be;
1.Arewa Republic
2.Bena Republic
3.Niger Delta Republic
4.The Sovereign State of Biafra
5.Oduduwa Republic

Thatz all
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manmade(m): 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Demdem: Now that his second term is clearly in shambles he feels like doing the right thing. its ok by me.
To be honest, if this report is true and DEMDAFT trully wants an SNC- SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE has against his earlier position and works towards acheiving it, then i will have to support him to acheive such. i have been calling for this for years now.
We need to determine on what basis we have to live together as a nation if trully that is what we want.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by danderson(f): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
GEJ the silent Game Changer and fearless sheep b4 arrogant greedy lions. I know there is more to ur emergence and God perfect plan for Nigeria. Choose u now whom u will follow?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manmade(m): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Demdem: Now that his second term is clearly in shambles he feels like doing the right thing. its ok by me.
To be honest, if this report is true and DEMDAFT trully wants an SNC- SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE has against his earlier position and works towards acheiving it, then i will have to support him to acheive such. i have been calling for this for years now.
The potency of my prayers is manifesting in the life of the anti Gej Nairalanders . U are welcome on board,onbehalf of our amiable President and the entire Gej's supporters, I welcome you to our Midst and be rest assured that you have made the right choice and now that u have chosen the right path we will do our best to make u feel @ home.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Joel3(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
now i am supporting this GEJ. if this finally took off. i will die with this struggle. david mark is a bastar.d for this saying. maybe he thinks we don't know who the hall he is. go nigeria we need another name to call it.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by manmade(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
pandriod: From now on, I'm supporting Jonathan cool

U are equally welcome.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
A Sovereign National Conference has been long in the making and well overdue.

I urge Mr President not to equivocate now that he put a stake in the ground, as there will be plenty of support for this decision in the weeks and months ahead from even the most unexpected quarters.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Osedidi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
[quote author=eGuerrilla]A Sovereign National Conference has been long in the making and well overdue.

The only road towards a better Nigeria if issues are genuinely discussed without sentiments......fully in surport
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by DerideGull(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=15pt]PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NIGER DELTA

You can have your capital in Calabar or Yenagoa but Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha) is none negotiable as it will become integral part of Republic of Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by DerideGull(m): 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
gbogboti: The countries will be;
1.Arewa
2.Nigeria
3.Niger Delta
4.Biafra
5.Oduduwa

Thatz all

Replace Biafra with Republic of Igbo land.
Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
On One Great Biafra (SE plus SS) I stand.

Our collective Oyels and ingenuity will make us the REAL Giant of Africa.

The Leadership qualities of the SE and hard working spirit of the SS will make us the envy of the Black Race.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Plans Sovereign National Conference, Sends letter to NASS- Daily Trust by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Good! Me and my household will support Jonathan if this comes true. Can't wait to leave Lagos and be part of the Biafra Republic. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan's Projects In Rivers State,a Response To Amarchi's Lies And Propaganda / 33 Reasons Why Southern Nigerians Are Fools - And The Northerners Are Not! / Results of the Presidential Election in each Ward and Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.