Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo (20817 Views)

See What This Man Thinks Of Buhari's 33-man Delegation To The US / Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters / Jonathan Leads Buhari In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by LMAyedun(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nigeria, which has failed to focus on implementing the United Nations Millenium Development Goals, is sending a record 600-man delegation to the 68th General Assembly in New York which will focus on a follow-up plan, SaharaReporters investigations reveal.
The delegation is led by President Goodluck Jonathan, who will speak at the plenary debate on Tuesday.  It includes two state governors and the First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan.
Most members of the delegation are 547 civil servants drawn from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), as well as advance team members who arrived in New York earlier to make preparations for the trip of the President.
The Nigerian delegation is by far the largest of any nation at this year's UN event, the theme of which is: “Post-2015 Development Agenda: Setting the Stage.”
SaharaReporters findings show that President Jonathan’s inner entourage comprises 26 people, including security aides, his wife, doctor and political associates.
The Nigeria leader, who has been much-criticized for squandering resources and for failing to lead by example, arrived in New York today and is staying at the lavish The Pierre Hotel across from New York’s Central Park in a presidential suite that will cost Nigeria at least $10,000 per night.  This means his tab for accommodation alone, for one room, will hit at least $50,000.  
According to the hotel’s documentation, the 39th floor presidential suite, which features an expansive living room and two bedrooms, among others, may be combined with other rooms and suites to provide up to 6 bedrooms and a private floor, an opulent option Mr. Jonathan is likely to have jumped at.  According to the hotel’s itinerary which was seen by Saharareporters, he is booked for five nights.
Several other members of the Nigerian delegations are booked in hotels around the city by the Nigerian consulate and staff members of some of the ministries that arrived in advance.
Nigeria has become internationally-known for wasting valuable development funds on lavish foreign trips.  It would be recalled that during last year’s United Nations General Assembly, for instance, the Minister for Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, booked into two rooms in two different expensive hotels.  One of them was a $5,000 per night suite at the Four Seasons Hotel at 57 East 57th Street, and the other a 28th floor room at the Pierre for $3,000 per night.  It was unclear how she slept in two different hotels at the same time.
In addition, Ms. Alison Madueke’s delegation of seven from her Ministry also rented 10 limousines, at a cost of $1,800 per day, some of which were never used. 
As SaharaReporters reported last year, the profligacy of the Nigerian delegation attracted the attention of America’s National Broadcasting Corporation in New York, which reported on how African delegates from the poorest countries stayed in some of the most expensive hotels during the UN General Assembly and shopped in high-priced retail stores.
Mr. Jonathan will commence his official duties in New York this afternoon by engaging in an all-expenses paid lunch date with Nigerian professionals selected by Nigerian diplomats in the US.  
The invitation-only event was chosen after the President and his inner circle abandoned a Town Hall plan for fear of protesters in the New York area.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-goodluck-jonathan-leads-600-man-delegation-united-nations-general-assembly

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cool
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by egift(m): 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
He is organizing morning mass.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
What a waste! It is the destiny of Jonathan to bankrupt Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Beetwo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
cool, lets do it as in Eddie Murphy's movie. ## COMIN TO AMERICA##

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by omanzo02: 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
This story is pure lies, what role does 600 people has to play at the UN?, even lobbying group is not that large, this sensational report is just trying to paint the government 'wasteful'.

I am not convinced, try again.
grin grin grin

59 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by homesteady(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Only 600 shocked sahara reporters should have made it 1000! Mtcheew!

28 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by ba7man(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
If G.E.J really carried out this move, you gotta admit it that its a very daft move.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Brimmie(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
grin grin Fresh Pubic Hair!

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by taharqa: 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2013
600 persons? 547 Civil Servants?... SR no come sabi talk lie again?? lol

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by gramci: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady: Only 600 shocked sahara reporters should have made it 1000! Mtcheew!

lol grin
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by taharqa: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady: Only 600 shocked sahara reporters should have made it 1000! Mtcheew!
Na 6000 dem bi wan write. It was a mistake, ni grin

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sahara reporters should please stop embarassing themselves.If at all you should lie just try and make it look credible!! 600 delegation? Why not say it is the entire federal civil service!! Ndi iberibe

25 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
I find this hard to stomach.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
chukwudi44: Sahara reporters should please stop embarassing themselves.If at all you should lie just try and make it look credible!! 600 delegation? Why not say it is the entire federal civil service!! Ndi iberibe

SR was right the last time so why shouldn't they be this time around? Even lying abati couldn't dance around it. They obviously have folks inside Aso Rock giving them info.

18 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
This is pure wastage and out of touch behavior. With so much pain in Nigeria and the same government saying they can not give ASUU folks any money because they don't jhave the money, but more than half a thousand folks are jetting to NY and end up collecting huge estacode payments all on the taxpayers while our students are still out of their classrooms.

What's so special about Nigeria what we need 600 people in NY? What for? What's their job in NY apart from shopping, drinking, eating and having a good time?

Is it not right to call this clownish president a dullard or even kindergaten president...?

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by homesteady(m): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
agbameta:

SR was right the last time so why shouldn't they be this time around? Even lying abati couldn't dance around it. They obviously have folks inside Aso Rock giving them info.

Agbameta, I know deep within you, you don't believe the figure! That's why you've not invaded this thread with your offensive names calling! grin

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by ochejoseph(m): 7:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Sowore : editor I am Not pleased with that News you carried on Jonathan's UN trip

Editor : Sir I don't understand I Did as you directed, you said run him down comple....

Sowore :sharrrrap I said sharrrap I told you to quote 6000 delegates and 5470 civil servant and what did you do ehnnn
Even that $2 million diamond coated expensive wine I told you to add as part of his Hotel room orders is cospiciously missing from the article

Editor : Am sorry sir ,its the printers devil sir

Sowore : Sorry for yourself , don't you know this are the kind of ''Moves'' that attract adverts to our site
See the way premium times is making it
Linda is now No 1 instead of me

Editor : don't worry sir i already have a story on PEJ body massage for $20,000 and GEJ photoshoped pics with prostitutes in New york !

Sowore : Now that's my Boy ​=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

Sahara reporters have to do better than this , this is pure lame Duck Journalism!

30 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by homesteady(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady:

Agbameta, I know deep within you, you don't believe the figure! That's why you've not invaded this thread with your offensive names calling! grin
agbameta: This is pure wastage and out of touch
behavior. With so much pain in Nigeria and
the same government saying they can not give
ASUU folks any money because they don't
jhave the money, but more than half a
thousand folks are jetting to NY and end up
collecting huge estacode payments all on the
taxpayers while our students are still out of
their classrooms.
What's so special about Nigeria what we need
600 people in NY? What for? What's their job
in NY apart from shopping, drinking, eating
and having a good time?
Is it not right to call this clownish president a
dullard or even kindergaten president...?

O my bad!! I underestimated your hatred and level of gullibility!
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by agbameta: 7:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
homesteady:

It's like asking me if I believe Jonathan is daft or not, it's like asking me if Jonathan is dumb and clueless or not, it's like asking me if Jonathan is corrupt or not, it's like asking me if Joandaft is incompetent or not when in fact it's obvious to the rest of the world tha t he is all the above...

Same way SR's reporting was questioned the last time and as expected, SR was right so why shouldn't I believe them? What sane and rational behavior of Jonathan should make me believe him?

The man is dumb, clueless and out of touch.

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by HAH: 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Anyone who says this is not possible have obviously never been close to how our government is being run.

Very possible and pure squandermania

17 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
Just, among other things, to witness how the President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the giant of Africa, Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan, Bsc, Msc, PhD, GCFR, will ring the bell of the New York Stock Exchange.
Naija, I weep just as Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, etc will be doing in their graves.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by ganye1: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
The size of the delegation is not the problem but can he be sober enough to be able to address the UN gathering?

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
I remain speechless....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by musiwa1l: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
nigeria should not be a member of the united nation.

the united nation article for membership clearly state only sovereign state can be member.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by musiwa1l: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
i personally contact the UN to verify this information.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by lertee(f): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
Who ever believe this 600 figure needs to get his head checked. Sahara Reporters are known to concoct statistics.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by musiwa1l: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2013

[size=18pt]
According to the Montevideo Convention Nigeria is not a sovereign state if you check United Nations Charter, Chapter II, Article 4

you can see in the act that zimbabwe, malawi, zambia, western nigeria, eastern nigeria, northern were part of the definition of nigeria

Is it fair that that zimbabwe is in the UN , so is malawi, and zambia, that western nigeria is not in the UN. You can see, Jonathan is not claiming ownership zimbabwe or zambia.

Should the international community recognized illegal govt put in place by an africa dictator call azikiwe. the answer is No. it means anyone can go to any state and occupy.

Occupation is the reason why the army was in power for 40 years and they refuse to hand over. Should illegality continue.

It depend on what you consider to be fairness.

by the UK government document, you can see this document include zimbabwe, malawi, zambia and that is the reason, why they declare self govt themself, because they did not know the truth.

Is it fair that western Nigeria , a sovereign state to denied united nation status , no, because it want to please an illegal government put in place by an africa dictator call azikiwe. the best is to grant our govt, which we lead a united nation seat.
[/size]

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Even the supporters can't justify such profilgacy .....

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by taharqa: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
agbameta:

It's like asking me if I believe Jonathan is daft or not, it's like asking me if Jonathan is dumb and clueless or not, it's like asking me if Jonathan is corrupt or not, it's like asking me if Joandaft is incompetent or not when in fact it's obvious to the rest of the world tha t he is all the above...

Same way SR's reporting was questioned the last time and as expected, SR was right so why shouldn't I believe them? What sane and rational behavior of Jonathan should make me believe him?

The man is dumb, clueless and out of touch.
No need for shouting, Bros. Nobody is disagreeing with you here. GEJ took 6000, not even 600 as reported, delegates to UN General Assembly in New York. We believe you. Even though the 547 Civil Servants that SR just said accompanied him are more than d entire No of people in d Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we still believe you people. They must hv collected more Civil Servants from other Ministeries, like d Ministry of Education whose staff are lazying about doing nothing cos of d ASUU strike, in order to make up d 547 persons. They chartered d Entire Aircrafts in Nigeria and many more Big ones from d US in order to take these huge No of Delegates to New York. I saw them myself. I also saw them while they all landed in New York. You know, since there is no way 600 persons can possibly get Accomodation in New York on d week of d UN General Assembly, half of them are scattered in other nearby cities, esp in California, from where they wud be brought to New York daily by those same Planes that was chartered (by d way did I mention that all those Planes that brought them to New York was actuali chartered for d entire week), whilst about 100 of them are currently squatting at d Basement of Nigeria's Embassy House in New York. I am looking at them with my own eyes as am tying this now. I should not forget to add that since these huge Nos of persons cannot fit into d UN General Assembly Hall during Pleniary, arrangements hv been made to provide HUGE Canopies for them just outside d Hall so that they can be hailing GEJ as he gives his Address tomorrow. An impaccable Source (who I cant name cos he doesn't want his name in Print) confirm this arrangement; he also said that d Contract for the Canopies was given to d lovely wife of d President, Dame Patiene Jonathan, herself.... I can go on and on; but suffice it to say that on this one we completely believe You and SR. So please lets not fight over this, abeg. Thnks

22 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by musiwa1l: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
[size=18pt]
you can see that in this document, the united nation will be breaching its own law, by denied western nigeria united nation status. which state equality in status.

you can clearly see, why they bomb up the united nation in abuja.

the united nation if it want to be a fair world body should stop recognizing the government of nigeria and should recognized the 3 sovereign state of

Western nigeria
eastern nigeria
northern nigeria

no fair body or countries that believes in truth, honesty and fairplay recognize nigeria illegal government. to avoid future bomb of the united nation. everybody will tell you, they will bomb the united nation again and again. if the united nation fail to stand up for the truth.

The UN will be seen as backing one ethnic side, if it continue to recognize the government of nigeria

Why is the Europe nation not a member of the UN. it is an issue of where your moral is. you can see fraud in the document in which nigeria used to apply for a united nation status.

[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Bad Shape Of Police Barracks, Obalende, Lagos. (Exclusive Pictures) / Aisha Speaks Again - Stop Buhari’s cabal Now / Dino Melaye Serves INEC Restraining Order To Stop His Recall Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.