Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (18777 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
Another simple question.
Who committed the first act of disobedience and usurped the blissful paradise of peace of both heaven and earth?
Was it the Satan or Adam?

If it was Satan, common sense would have required God to shield the newly created earth, especially impressionable newborns like Adam and Eve, from the influences of Satan .
To have allowed that to happen would have been gross negligence of the highest form.

Even more absurd is the fact that the impressionable newborns are thereafter punished for an event that should not have happened if the right measures had been taken.

Even more absurd is that the innocent offsprings of Adam and Eve are condemned for eternity for no sins of their own , but for the lapse in judgement of the first Babysitter.

8 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Who Sinned First, God Or Adam? suited the topic best, IMO.

God was the instigator, he allowed Satan to roam free knowing fully well that naive Couples like Adam and Evil would be susceptible to his charms, which begs the question: What was god's game plan? What's the point of telling Adam not to eat the forbidden fruit and yet allowed the serpent to slunk about, unchecked? I think god committed the first sin of deceit, long before Adam ate the fruit. I think god was Machiavellian in that regard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
sup plaetton...trust your side is FIRM.....

i have a question.... pls WHO IS(ARE) SATAN AND WHO ARE ADAM.....i think that will answer your doubt
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
mcfynest: sup plaetton...trust your side is FIRM.....

i have a question.... pls WHO IS(ARE) SATAN AND WHO ARE ADAM.....i think that will answer your doubt
Who ''are'' Adam? Oh, you must be a disciple of Obadaih777. If you say that Adam was a nation then who was that particular man placed in the garden?

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Zeebah23(f): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
Speaking from the christian perspective,it's satan.
1). Before Adam was created,the fight between God and Satan had happened.
2). At the 'scene of the crime', the serpent allegedly deceived them. Deceit is a sin.

But this submission brings many other questions to mind.
1). Who created evil?
2)Lucifer wanted to be as high as God so he disobeyed and rebelled against him,where did those thoughts come from?
3). God knows everything,huh? Why create evil when He knew men will fall for it?
4). Why did He leave the 'vulnerable' Adam and Eve alone when He knew what the serpent was capable of? (Assuming he's omniscience).
5). Why plant that tree in the garden?
Etc.

10 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
RationalDude: Who ''are'' Adam? Oh, you must be a disciple of Obadaih777. If you say that Adam was a nation then who was that particular man placed in the garden?

MAN
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Kabieosi: 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2013
plaetton: Another simple question.
Who committed the first act of disobedience and usurped the blissful paradise of peace of both heaven and earth?
Was it the Satan or Adam?

If it was Satan, common sense would have required God to shield the newly created earth, especially impressionable newborns like Adam and Eve, from the influences of Satan .
To have allowed that to happen would have been gross negligence of the highest form.

Even more absurd is the fact that the impressionable newborns are thereafter punished for an event that should not have happened if the right measures had been taken.

Even more absurd is that the innocent offsprings of Adam and Eve are condemned for eternity for the sins of their own , but for the lapse in judgement of the first Babysitter.

Adam needed no babysitter, he was a grown man and administrator capable enough to be left in charge of the keeping of Eden

but Adam was headstrong, he was intent on having he's own way

Adam was not deceived, nor aided and abetted by Satan

There is a Redeemer - Adam and Eve's off-springs are not condemned for eternity

At the appropriate time, sin will be dealt with and it will exist no more

So what is the complaint, what is the grumble about?

Put on your shades, the future is bright smiley

8 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
mcfynest:

MAN
You asked a question and I quote:
Who "are" Adam?
What do you mean by the question?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kabieosi:

Adam needed no babysitter, he was a grown man and administrator capable enough to be left in charge of the keeping of Eden
A grown man that didn't know what unclothedness meant or that he was naked for that matter. He was a baby put in the body of a man and as such was a naive fellow. Why was god always coming to check up on him if he was fully capable of taking care of the garden?

his way? What are you on about?

He had no choice but to eat the damn fruit, his soulmate had already done the same without falling dead, he also would have assumed that god lied to them.

How convenient

What is sin?

Read the op again but this time carefully.

After we must have completely obliterated ourselves because of our beliefs.

8 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
there's no devil...he's just a character from a Jewish horror story grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by nnofaith: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kabieosi:

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
RationalDude: You asked a question and I quote: What do you mean by the question?

26Then God said,“Let us make man[h]in our image,after our likeness. Andlet them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Genesis 1:26The Hebrew word forman(adam) is the generic term for mankind and becomes the proper nameAdam
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
mcfynest:

26Then God said,“Let us make man[h]in our image,after our likeness. Andlet them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Genesis 1:26The Hebrew word forman(adam) is the generic term for mankind and becomes the proper nameAdam
I ma desufnoc!! What are you on about?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
RationalDude: I ma desufnoc!! What are you on about?

Wondering the same...undecided
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
OK.....ADAM DOES NOT MEAN A PERSON, INSTEAD IT MEANT A NATION......AND THAT NATION IS ISREAL...THIS ARE THE SONS OF GOD....

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by nnofaith: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
mcfynest: OK.....ADAM DOES NOT MEAN A PERSON, INSTEAD IT MEANT A NATION......AND THAT NATION IS ISREAL...THIS ARE THE SONS OF GOD....

the jews wrote in a book that they are the sons of god and you believed them! you sir are a complete m....

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
mcfynest: OK.....ADAM DOES NOT MEAN A PERSON, INSTEAD IT MEANT A NATION......AND THAT NATION IS ISREAL...THIS ARE THE SONS OF GOD....

And Eve does not mean a person, it means a continent......... and that continent is the home of all amazonian warrior princess(es)........ they are the daughters of Asherah.

Funny how you ignored her in your explanation, I just thought I should help you out.

4 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Wondering the same...undecided
He's saying that Adam was not any person in particular but a nation. The bible is such an amazing book, you can make it say anything you want it to say.

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RayMcBlue(m): 5:36am On Sep 24, 2013
RationalDude: He's saying that Adam was not any person in particular but a nation.

Now, that's a new one. Too many conflicting theories. No wonder many people find Religion too much of a bother.

RationalDude: The bible is such an amazing book, you can make it say anything you want it to say.

Too many contradictions, inconsistencies all in their complex splendor...sure, the bible's an amazing book, alright.

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2013
RationalDude: And Eve does not mean a person, it means a continent......... and that continent is the home of all amazonian warrior princess(es)........ they are the daughters of Asherah.

Funny how you ignored her in your explanation, I just thought I should help you out.

EVE WAS A NATION AND I DIDNT IGNORE HER INTENTIONALLY, THE TALK WAS ON ADAM. REALY BUSY NOWADAYS, SO THAT IS WHY I DONT UPDATE QUICKLY OR TYPE MUCH......

THE FALLEN ANGELS ARE THE SONS OF GODS THAT FELL
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2013
nnofaith: the jews wrote in a book that they are the sons of god and you believed them! you sir are a complete m....

i wouldnt have answered you, because your level of ignorance is somthing i just cant comprehend....

lemme help you here....the blacks are the jews.....
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 24, 2013
mcfynest:

i wouldnt have answered you, because your level of ignorance is somthing i just cant comprehend....

blacks are the jews?

umum ihso

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2013
mcfynest:

So Israel is populated by Negroes, was that what you meant? And if the Jews are Negroes, then what is the skin tone of sub-Saharan Africans? I'd like to know, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2013
mcfynest:

EVE WAS A NATION AND I DIDNT IGNORE HER INTENTIONALLY, THE TALK WAS ON ADAM. REALY BUSY NOWADAYS, SO THAT IS WHY I DONT UPDATE QUICKLY OR TYPE MUCH......

THE FALLEN ANGELS ARE THE SONS OF GODS THAT FELL
Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.

Can you explain what that verse is talking about? It says Adam was one man, you say he was a nation so who do I believe?

4 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by macof(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2013
RationalDude: Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.

Can you explain what that verse is talking about? It says Adam was one man, you say he was a nation so who do I believe?
that however doesn't conclude that Adam is father of all

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by nnofaith: 8:23am On Sep 24, 2013
mcfynest:

here we go again....

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
macof: that however doesn't conclude that Adam is father of all
Care to expatiate on that?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by daviide: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
mumu question angry na d two of em commit em at d same time
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Satan.

Its all part of the plan.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Deiok(m): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
God is not a God of confusion.
God expected adam to be able to careter for himself and all the living things that were in the garden of Eden, so God put adam incharge of everything. But adam fell for the temptation of satan because Eve being a woman was unable to conguer satan.
Satan was at this time already cast out of heaven with host of angels that were with him.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Na dem two join
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
LolM

Trick question..

Clearly God sinned first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mbaka Denies Claim That He Prophesied That There Will Be Heavy Rain In Aso Rock / Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.