Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge (11354 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Atouke: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Now this is a good project completed by gov. imoke He used one of the best construction company in nigeria CCECC to construct the bridge which connotes quality.

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Atouke: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
more

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by nomso27(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Kairoseki77: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Always good to see this!

Question though, is this really an accomplishment?

Anyway, I am happy for the community that uses this road. I'm sure they are happy too.

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Mpeace(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
No congrats. Thats y they were voted in.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by pautex: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
FTC kiss
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by prettyify(f): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
cheesy
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Lildrizzle(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
dats gewd.first 2 comment ;Ddats gewd.first 2 comment
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by hopilo: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
At long last. Well congrat ooo. But that bridge is no way near 220 meters.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by nerodenero: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kairoseki77: Always good to see this!

I wonder oooo!!!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
So building a 220 metres bridge when your revenue runs into billions is now an achievement. When he builds a bridge like the proposed fourth mainland bridge then we can congratulate him. Fashola has built a suspension bridge abeg make we hear word. Its not like there is any serious river flowing under the bridge another over blown project to siphon state funds.

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by shakol91(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
A good project,but why that curve bridge...I personally don't like that design..
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by awodman: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kairoseki77: Always good to see this!

Yes it is..if we can celebrate Fashola's 7KM road and Street Lights..then why not this?

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
Really, I wonder why you people hail them for doing their work. Is this bridge worth congratulating? What is the length? It seems that is the only tangible thing that has been done by that honourable government in place.

I hope and pray that one day, things will change in Nigeria and the government will start doing what is right and necessary.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
good one governor but you have not paid us our award price after 3 month

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
awodman:
Yes it is..if we can celebrate Fashola's 7KM road and Street Lights..then why not this?

Just look at that... that is 7KM.... 7KM... abegi... shift jor!

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
awodman:

Because they are not in the same category. Egbe isu ko ni yan
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
eliment: good one governor but you have not paid us our award price after 3 month

Una dey collect money for award , I thought awards are for free and given to exemplary beneficiaries. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Brymo: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thank God.dis is nt another elephant project.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Where does the bridge lead to, and which communities have benefited?

Looks good.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by ganasy: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
ledafaze: Really, I wonder why you people hail them for doing their work. Is this bridge worth congratulating? What is the length? It seems that is the only tangible thing that has been done by that honourable government in place.

I hope and pray that one day, things will change in Nigeria and the government will start doing what is right and necessary.
i agree with u....wats so special about this?

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Lmao!!

That looks like a road - defo not worth celebrating. undecided
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Atouke: 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
For those who dont have short attention span and hence can read more than 2 sentences the importance of this bridge to cross river and nay nigeria is embeded on the information below sorry if you cant read more than a few sentences then you would not know why idundu bridge is important and why it should be celebrated:

A submerged low-bed trailer that caused
the collapse of Idundu Bridge linking
Nigeria and Cameroun in Akpabuyo Local
Government Area of Cross River State
Saturday. The bridge links Nigeria and
Cameroun.
"THE 42-year-old Idundu bridge on Oban-Ekan road in Cross River State linking Otu-end of the Republic of Cameroun has collapsed, crippling economic activities in the area.
The collapsed bridge has also affected work at the ongoing construction site of the multimillion dollar Orascom/Unicem cement factory at Mfemosin, Akamkpa Local Government Area of the state, as well as cut off Obasanjo Farms at Ekong Anaku in the same local government area from the other part of the state.
The bridge, with a capacity for 20 tonne weight, collapsed at the weekend when a trailer low bed conveying an earth moving vehicle to the Oracom project site plunged into the Idundu River and crushing in the process, a tipper truck that was loading sand under the bridge at the time.
Though no life was lost, the impact of the accident prompted the state governor, Mr. Donald Duke, to visit the scene where he mandated the commissioner for works, Mr. Julius Okpotu, to assess the level of damage and work out temporary alternative for the people in the area.
Okpotu, who addressed the community in Akansoko, condoled with them for the accident and promised to provide a boat to ferry the people as a temporary measure to the problem.
The commissioner commended the villagers for their calm and understanding in the wake of the accident and sued for cooperation as well as support while the state government would liaise with the Federal Government and Orascom Company to rebuild the bridge.
He implored them not to blame the company for the accident since it was not deliberate. Okpotu added that the Orascom/Unicem cement plant when completed, would create jobs for the community and the state.
Also speaking, the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Dominic Aqua Edem, thanked Duke for taking urgent steps to address the problem and appealed for calm from the community.
In his remark, the project manager of Orascom, Mr. Brain Sears, said the company was deeply grieved by the incident and promised to collaborate with the relevant authorities in building the bridge while promising to provide a boat to convey the people across the river at no cost as a temporary measure.
A community spokesman, Mr. Edem Ekong, commended the state government for the prompt concern over the incident and appealed to government to ensure the planned provision of water and electricity promptly, alongside the building of the collapsed bridge.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by dossantos1: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
teeo: So building a 220 metres bridge when your revenue runs into billions is now an achievement. When he builds a bridge like the proposed fourth mainland bridge then we can congratulate him. Fashola has built a suspension bridge abeg make we hear word. Its not like there is any serious river flowing under the bridge another over blown project to siphon state funds.

wetin dis one dey talk? u get sense at all, how many bridges has fashoola built in rural settlements in badagry and epe? use ur head sometimes
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
To show you how slow and inactive Nigerian leaders are, the former bridge collapsed as far back as 2005/2006 which prompted the construction of this very one that is just being completed now. Something that could have been executed at most, 2yrs period. Smh!

I must keep criticizing nigerian leaders till the mantle of leadership is given to me to show examplary leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by dossantos1: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
RedBenson: To show you how slow and inactive Nigerian leaders are, the former bridge collapsed as far back as 2005/2006 which prompted the construction of this very one that is just being completed now. Something that could have been executed at most, 2yrs period. Smh!

I must keep criticizing nigerian leaders till the mantle of leadership is given to me to show examplary leadership.

u are on point bro, anyway d present current govnor shud be commended
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Osinachi101(m): 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Finally he has built d 220m bridge....... Buh d bridge is too slim, it luks lyk 2 big vehicle can't pass at d same tym
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2013
Good stuff. But been a professional Engineer, I think the project will become a nightmare in the next two years or so!
Why do Nigerian government, including the states and federal keep building roads without drainage? Its a total waste of money...
Such roads get washed away as fast as possible! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by DisGuy: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
good for the community

but why isnt the road closed off , the road leading to the bridge? no barriers no pavement

CECC just taking over, where are the nigerian companies?
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
dos-santos:

wetin dis one dey talk? u get sense at all, how many bridges has fashoola built in rural settlements in badagry and epe? use ur head sometimes

ooo just shut up please the light rail project running from badagry to National theatre is what. Ewu gambia

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by sanandreas(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
aasog1: Good stuff. But been a professional Engineer, I think the project will become a nightmare in the next two years or so!
Why do Nigerian government, including the states and federal keep building roads without drainage? Its a total waste of money...
Such roads get washed away as fast as possible! angry angry angry angry

how will d next government eat? Insincere leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP: Court Voids Fayose’s Congress / Recession Worsens On Niger Delta Crisis, Despite Agric Rebounds - Thisdaylive / How Government Loses Billions To Fraudulent Clearing Agents - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.