Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? (24809 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Why Are Nigerian Parents So Overprotective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2013
Don't know if its just me or if its really true.....but i've noticed fathers being overprotective of their female children..is there any motive behind this?or are they trying to shield their daughters from something they understand guys do to girls? Take for instance,a father getting angry at seeing his daughter with just a male friend but feels comfortable when he sees his sons with girls...pls i wanna know if there's any reason for this.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by HARDDON: 11:59am On Sep 24, 2013
is there any hunter out there that wud luv HIS own hunted?

sure, the lion eats all other animals types, but wud not have you toil with the flesh of its own cubs

and lastly, the MEN were once-upon-a-time BOYS.....go figure

41 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
HARDDON: is there any hunter out there that wud luv HIS own hunted?

sure, the lion eats all other animals types, but wud not have you toil with the flesh of its own cubs

and lastly, the MEN were once BOYS.....go figure

yea but there are times d protection gets too much and it affects the girls relationship with the opposite sex
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Oahray: 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
I wouldn't blame the fathers. Nature and the society made it so.
The society is quick to tounge-lash the female for what she didn't do alone.
Then, nature... Well, guys don't get pregnant.

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Oahray: I wouldn't blame the fathers. Nature and the society made it so.
The society is quick to tounge-lash the female for what she didn't do alone.
Then, nature... Well, guys don't get pregnant.
Thats true.thanks a lot.....
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Agrika: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
You only protect what you love....and as a fellow man he knows whatsupp same way mothers "over-protect" thier sons

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Kanwulia: 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Cuzzzz like my PAPPY, cool THEY know what THEY have done to YERIMARIZE other peoples' daughters AS OGBONI-OKIJA CHRISTIANS!!!!

Mu cha cha cha cha

*time for SEXXXXXXXX, then breakfast!!!!* cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
...because of the kind of damage they did to other men's daughters when they were youths! Besides, men like that except the practicing christians, don't worry so much about their sons damaging other men's daughters! Smh

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by ebamma(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
as a boy i know what boys are capable of thats why, if u wan form westlife no come near my sisters or else,

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by mascot87(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because of bad guys.If you are a man,how would you feel if guys just dey yansh your daughter anyhow ehn?All girls loves to be yanshed anywayundecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by iamswizz(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
j
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by homesteady(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
Who wants his daughter to get pregnant out of wedlock?? gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
#reserved!!
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
They don't want the "Sins wink of the Father to be visited upon the Children"... that's why I don't wanna have female Children cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by ayusco85(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Its obvious its because they dont want their daughters to bring shame to the family by getting pregnant. And also for the fact that fathers bond with their daughters more.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by zynzyn(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
Parental instinct plus Freudian instinct.

Again, a sexually rotten female child is seen to be more disgraceful than the male variety.

Many guys claiming they have chopped your daughter is almost like they have chopped your wife!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by MrFord1: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
Daddy loves you, he can't imagine someone you are not married to, riding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
It's simple, he who kills with knife, does not allow knife to cross his back grin

Plus ladies suffer more stigma from the society when shitt hits the fans.

When a man impregnates a lady, the lady bears the brunt of the societal blame while the man is left to carry on with his life. After all, it's a man's world wink

And currently the MAIN reason is beacause randyy old men a.k.a SENATOR YERIMAs grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by rodeo0070(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
The evil men do...Lol
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by k10: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
after they don spoil ground finish, why won't they?
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by dareyking(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
Op......knws the answer to this question ooo....buh he is pretending asking Jamb question in September....When u have the like of our Most Honourable Senator Paedopile Yerima u still d jonze d ask yeye question....Dnt over protect them ooo....Leave them to do what they want OYO......Darelee Nairalee....
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by pastorprosper(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Daddy knows what he did to girls when he was a boy and just can't stand d thought that someone else would do d same things or even worse to his little girl. But sorry dads what goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Ninilowo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Na craze dem dey craze.
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
For me my dad over did the protection thingy, he used to take my phone at night and he will keep it till the next morning, if he sees me with a guy cheesy the way he will embarrass you! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by matzoro(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
cos of yerima dem

1 Like

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
Because they know how they were when they were a certain age, or some still are
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by IceDude(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
mascot87: Because of bad guys.If you are a man,how would you feel if guys just dey yansh your daughter anyhow ehn?All girls loves to be yanshed anywayundecided
Dem force ur daughter?..guy talk beta tin jor

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by naijathings(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
hmm.. my daughter... you will not understand
Re: Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? by Adeyemi0(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
I have an example here and what i see is that the father is hunter of small girls and besides he was in confict with the mother even with virginity test.#fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Ige Ajayi & Wife Bicker Over Mysterious Death Of 2yrs Old Daughter / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man / Couple Celebrate 62nd Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.