Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About (67880 Views)

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Abujafood: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
We don’t ever pray to fall sick but sickness does indeed visit unannounced sometimes whether we like it or not. Whenever it comes however there is the need to visit a reliable hospital that would at the very least offer relief and healing of some sort. Here in Abuja City we’ve taken time to list out 5 hospitals that stand out among others and you should know them just in case;

Abuja Clinics (Maitama)
This is by far the best private hospital in Abuja. It is well equipped to handle treatment of all kinds of medical services that most standard tertiary institutions in Nigeria can run. Its services are however very expensive hence it’s specifically meant for the upper class.

Federal Staff Hospital (Idu District)
This hospital which is government owned is one of the few hospitals in Abuja that provides high quality but affordable medicare. The hospital has 6 consulting rooms with space for 2 doctors at a time meaning at peak periods it could have 12 doctors to attend to patients’ needs that is besides having well equipped laboratories, a well stocked pharmacy and suffient number of wards for patients on admission.

Garki Hospital (Area 3)
This used to be the popular Garki General Hospital until it was privatized by the Federal Government. The hospital is well equipped although not as large as the previous two but it can compete in terms of having well trained staff that would look after your loved ones or yourself if you ever need medical attention.

Maitama General Hospital
Located along Aguiyi Ironsi way in Maitama, it is one of the few Government Hospitals that is above board in terms of offering reasonable medicare to the general public. The hospital does have challenges such as service delivery, overstretched facilities among others but that is expected of public hospitals.

National Hospital Abuja
The most popular hospital in Abuja and also the biggest although not the best. Many people have had course to complain about this hospital as being unreliable with uncourteous staff, poor service delivery and exhurbitant fees. But the hospital still remains the number one port of call for many ill and injured people in Abuja requiring medicare.

If you have medical needs from any hospital in Abuja and want to be well catered for you should know these 5 and make your pick on which one you’d rather use.

http://abujafood..com/2013/09/5-abuja-hospitals-you-should-know-about.html

9 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nnpc hospital. Nko?

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ok
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by omenpetrol: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
thank GOD i have not been to a hospital in 12 years

16 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
How much did you pay for this advert?
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by 3ace(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
Okay, this is strictly for the Abuja folks.
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by MacLovington(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
nice one
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by 3ace(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
omenpetrol: thank GOD i have not been to a hospital in 12 years
But it doesn't mean that you are okay. Please, start going for regular medical checkup. It is not only when you fall sick.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by HectorTroy: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Not for the poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by stagger: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Why would someone come here to start advertising for these govt hospitals? Is this coming from personal experience or is someone paying fr some exposure? Indeed, with the Indian embassy issuing 18,000 medical visas last year, I really do not know what impact these hospitals are having when the rich have no confidence in them.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by adicious(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
5 Abuja Hotels You Should Know About...

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by joomlaman(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Good to know!
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by DisGuy: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
Garki Hospital (Area 3)
This used to be the popular Garki General Hospital until it was privatized by the Federal Government

Abomination shocked shocked
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
B4 U GO TO NATIONAL HOSPITAL WRITE UR WILL
FOR MANY GO AND FEW RETURN

8 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by djeezy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
ok, noted. Hope they're not too expensive.
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by solid3(m): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
how about Zankli Hospital, Mabushi also National Assembly Clinic.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Tracygold(f): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wat abt people day don't reside in Abj? Cos Abj hospitals re too expensive, u can spend up to #1m. Sickness will Neva be our portion, somebody shout a big

AMEN.......................................................................AMEN

4 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Uyi168: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Thank GOD weneva i sick,itz always cheap siknex dat requirex jst parácetamol nd b4 u knw it,i'm bak to health.me nd hospital nor b frnd at aLL.
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Tracygold(f): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wat abt people dat don't reside in Abj? Cos Abj hospitals re too expensive, u can spend up to #1m. Sickness will Neva be our portion, somebody shout a big

AMEN.......................................................................AMEN
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by alienware(m): 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
It is refered to as Maitama District Hospital not General hospital. I served there and to me it is below standard
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by spartanian(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
What about University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada?

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by homesteady(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pictures! angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by stexsy(m): 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
thanks so much for the info but which of d hospitals did they take former president Yaradua to, which of them did patience jonathan got admitted, which of them did suntai got rehabilitated, which one among them carries out routine check ups for president Jonathan? Best hospitals my foot

10 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by AkinDavid2: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
DIFF

5 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by AkinDavid2: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
*solid*:
how about Zankli Hospital, Mabushi also National Assembly Clinic.

grin grin
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by tspun(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
ADVERTISEMENT !!!
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by mosho2good: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
U guys don't no anytin about one great hospital in my area....

D name of d hospital is LABIB, if u hav a small stomach pain trust me dey are going to give u 5 injection......

U guys can now see dat it a great hospital.....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by AkinDavid2: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
lucenzo: Nnpc hospital. Nko?

That one dey for Maitama...good one
Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wat of Zankli hospital in Mambushi??

And, op, i work in a hospital too in Abj. So, why is the name not in ur list??

As for those in Abj, my hospital is located in Citec estate, mbora district. Well equipped and very good in Gyneacology cases and other health issuess.

Lastly, tank God i finally made it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by Celepope: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
Abuja clinic remains the best.Been there a couple of times and I can say that their services and facilities are at par with some western hospitals.Though very expensive maybe because it has most top guns ranging from Governors,Ministers and other government functionaries as his client.But OP u didn't mention ZANKLI and one other Indian hospital in karu.

1 Like

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by digospel2: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
Abujafood:
We don’t ever pray to fall sick but sickness does indeed visit unannounced sometimes whether we like it or not. Whenever it comes however there is the need to visit a reliable hospital that would at the very least offer relief and healing of some sort. Here in Abuja we’ve taken time to list out 5 hospitals that stand out among others and you should know them just in case;

Abuja Clinics (Maitama)
This is by far the best private hospital in Abuja. It is well equipped to handle treatment of all kinds of medical services that most standard tertiary institutions in Nigeria can run. Its services are however very expensive hence it’s specifically meant for the upper class.

Federal Staff Hospital (Idu District)
This hospital which is government owned is one of the few hospitals in Abuja that provides high quality but affordable medicare. The hospital has 6 consulting rooms with space for 2 doctors at a time meaning at peak periods it could have 12 doctors to attend to patients’ needs that is besides having well equipped laboratories, a well stocked pharmacy and suffient number of wards for patients on admission.

Garki Hospital (Area 3)
This used to be the popular Garki General Hospital until it was privatized by the Federal Government. The hospital is well equipped although not as large as the previous two but it can compete in terms of having well trained staff that would look after your loved ones or yourself if you ever need medical attention.

Maitama General Hospital
Located along Aguiyi Ironsi way in Maitama, it is one of the few Government Hospitals that is above board in terms of offering reasonable medicare to the general public. The hospital does have challenges such as service delivery, overstretched facilities among others but that is expected of public hospitals.

National Hospital Abuja
The most popular hospital in Abuja and also the biggest although not the best. Many people have had course to complain about this hospital as being unreliable with uncourteous staff, poor service delivery and exhurbitant fees. But the hospital still remains the number one port of call for many ill and injured people in Abuja requiring medicare.

If you have medical needs from any hospital in Abuja and want to be well catered for you should know these 5 and make your pick on which one you’d rather use.

http://abujafood..com/2013/09/5-abuja-hospitals-you-should-know-about.html

You omitted the most important one " University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada",
and "Primos Speciality Hospital at Karu"(own by Indians)

4 Likes

Re: 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About by dridowu: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
I am hungry, i feel like eating abuja food

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! / Doctor Claims Pregnant 15-year-old Teen Is Still A Virgin / 21-Year-Old Indian Man Stuck In A 160-Year-Old Body (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.