Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Offline Downloading Or "fishing" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Offline Downloading Or "fishing" (12805 Views)

Website For Downloading Korean Movies For Free.., / Downloading Vidoes From Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by bodejohn(m): 2:27am On Aug 07, 2008
@ Gangsta101

It is to some extent difficult to get the progdvb to work.

You will need a computer with Processor speed greater than 1.5Gb
Ram greater than 256Mb to be able to enjoy a relatively smooth operation.

I will advice you to go through the list of compartible cards with progdvb before you order.
You will also be on a safer side to go for a desktop setup.

I think the tuner of the dvb cards are less sentitive to the receivers.
You will most likely notice that the signal quality are always lower on the dvb cards.

You will be able to ask more specific questions when you have your own setup.

Thanks for joining the discussion as this place is becoming too queit.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2008
@Gangsta101

I think u should buy a PC with modest specs - ie. speeds of 1.5 up, ram of 512 up and HDD of 40gb up.

Just buy a dvbworld PCI card and u really don't need any middlemen. You can place the order urself and if you have funds I would advise you buy about 5 - 10 since they cost around $22 each and shipping for ten is about $118 - this will help spread the cost per unit and you can sell the rest to other forum members - and it roughly takes about 3 weeks also. You can contact Kenne at dvb@hotmail.com

If the company you talked about can procure it for you cheaper then why not but do follow  Bodejohn's advice - buy a card that is supported by Progdvb otherwise you will have a heck of a time trying to set it up.

The breaks u experienced are usually because of low signal strength I have found out that the minimum signal strength u need on the data Channel is about 70% in progdvb on a normal receiver it should be about 60%

@bodejohn 

any luck with the setup yet?

try turbograbber get it from this site hxxp://www.satnavigator.ru/page-id-116-a-dl.html.

it is based on the progdvb engine so make a copy of your modules folder and replace the modules folder in turbograbber with it after installation.

the default language is set to russian so change it by clicking on spanner icon on the menu - a box pops up with two tabs, the language option is on the 1st tab.

the 2nd tab contains options for engine types - choose the dvbengine

you should have a drop down device list - choose ur module. if u don't find your device listed, just pick one of the devices and go into the modules folder, then change the name of ur device to the one that u choose in the drop down list. then click on ok to save.

Next press F10 to set the provider information change the DiseqC to: 'None'
DiseqC_Streamreader to: 'None'

set the Transponder section to the data channel ie 12520 V 27500, FEC should be 'auto'

delete the current PIDs and copy the PIDs from ur skynet.ini doc and paste there. click on 'ok' to save.

now click on the play button on the menu to start grabbing.

pretty easy to use but consumes a lot of cpu power.

give it a try and let me know whilst I tinker about ur issue with the skynet setup.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by bodejohn(m): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ dvbguy

How are you, quite sometime.
I will look for a way of trying the new software.
Thanks once again.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
hi, that seems like a pretty smooth offer, i'll check up the progdvb and supported cards and see, if mine doesn't fit in i just might order one soon. i haven't bought the desktop yet cos i am still a little unsettled with respect to where i am based. had to move from zaria to kd recently and the amount of load i had to carry really discouraged me from buying a desktop then, but let me see how things go.

with respect to the signal levels and my inability to receive w3a, i think it makes sense, cos most of the channels i receive are above 60% for nilesat and nss7, but a little lower for w3a.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by LSBLeaky(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
Guys the DVB-S Box is available at City-Link at the computer village just behind the UBA bank at computer village

Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by LSBLeaky(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
Guys the DVB-S box cost N7000
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
@LSB Leaky

does it support progdvb? from what i gather it is one of those hard to set up devices and there is no support on the Lightwave website for drivers - (ie. from the last time I checked).

are you the one selling them? if so will you be in the position (or can you get someone) to provide technical assistance to fellow members on how to set them up with progdvb with ease?

lets know.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
dvbguy

let me take u back a bit, in ur intro post, u said the dvb card could be used to access the net, and u gave an example using mweb. do u think it would be possible to set up an internet connection using one of our own network providers such as mtn or starcomms?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by sylve11: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2008
All the Gurus here thank you all.
I have desktop pc 2.8ghz of processing speed, 40gb of hdd, and 512 of ram, i have a guy who's ready to provide me the card, but i dont know how i will xplain it to him so as to get the right card. And i also want all the gurus on this forum especially Dvb guy (i hail) who is the guy that made us to know some magic in these stuffs. thanks.
Will appreciate if you reply me.
Thanks to you all.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2008
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by sylve11: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2008
@
dvbguy
thank u very much, i really appreciate ur effort ragarding this topic, may God bless u.
I will appreciate if u send me an email to this email sylve11_11@yahoo.com. bros appreciate if u send me a tutorial tip.
Thanks
Sly a.k.a warri boy.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by dvbguy: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2008
@sylve11

lately, I have been busy so i doubt if i can put together a 'tut' on the topic and email it to you. however, i will gladly try and help you in whatever way that i can by pointing in you in the right direction - that way it would be more practical for you and of benefits to others who follow the topic.

just let me know when you lay your hands on the card- and the brand that you settle for.

Got to go now.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 11, 2008
@ dvbguy,
its because of my inability to get this dvb-s card that have not been allowed to dabble into this, do you know how hyperterminal is use in upgrading a decoder?
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by gofitech(m): 7:12am On Sep 20, 2008
@dvbguy

i really appreciate your efforts in introducing this tread. your tutorials have also been helpful. a friend of mine got me Skystat2 pci card from uk. following your instructions, i can confirm that i have succeeded in downloading lots of file since i started early this week using skynet with progDvb. this 'fishing' is quite an interesting adventure.

once again . thank you
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2008
Gofitech,

Oh boy, i dey jealous you, i've got a friend coming in from the UK, on monday and he has run out of money, so he said he can't get me the USB dvb s card i asked for, so now i am looking into buying a desktop maybe this week and installing the PCI card i have. it is manufactured by lifeview, though on the case i think they wrote skystar or sky view, i can't really remember now. but one thing i do know, is that when i go through the installation sequence, while trying to select device it fails to install as either a lifeview device or a skystar device but instead as one with BDA drivers. the thing is that back then when i was trying to install that device i didn't have enough time and i was also 'borrowing' the system. if only i had gotten the usb one i would have used my laptop to try it out, but nothing spoil sha, i look into getting the desktop by the end of this week and try out the card again. there are so many movies to get these days and my starcomms connnection is so slow, it takes me up to 3-5 days to get one movie via bittorrent, and only to find out it is a telesynced movie or it can only be played with a specific type of media player.
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by Gangsta101(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2009
Dvbguy/Bodejohn,

I need to drag you guys back to this forum cos i have finally gotten myself a dvbs usb box that works with progdvb, and i have been trying to start data grabbing with no luck. first of all, i do not achieve up to 70% signal strenght when i connect the lnb direct to the box, but if i loop it through the decoder before passing it on to the lnb, the decoder sends the extra current needed to boost up signals and by signal strength lifts up to the 72 - 75% level, of course this means i have to be careful about the channel that is showing on the tv screen if not when i'm watching a V channel, the H channels on the laptop disappear,
But the main problem is that after configuring everything, the PID scanner runs but fails to find any PIDs on all the data channels on w3a 12520 and 12728, even though they all have pretty good signal strengths. now i have got both filegraber and skynet modules in the progdvb (6.12), but nothing, even when i downgrade progdvb to 4.45 nothing doing. i tried manually entering the pids you posted earlier but still, nothing is working.
so what do you guys think? (please note i am using a motorized 1.8m dish and the usb box is the same one whose picture is on this page).
Re: Offline Downloading Or "fishing" by FMarshal2(m): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2010
Gangsta, Bodejohn and DVBguy, any update on the various use of your equipment?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sites To Download Hollywood Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now / Miracle OP Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.