Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (252983 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by toseyifunmi97: 10:31am On Nov 15, 2013
@kjbobo,

i need to get some info concerning the pharmacy profession in canada and how to become qualified in canada as a pharmacy. hw much is the overrall exams. etc
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by flexymole: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2013
Pharmacy is a nobel profession, i am proud to be a pharmacist, and as men of honour, we join hand....

the knowledge of drugs and act of healing was one of the cardinal things in knowin the most powerful men in time past.

lets use our knowledge to partner growth in Nigeria, say no to all forms of disruption to the ideals of the profession.

Alumni of ABU zaria

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by tydd(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Getting a placement for internship is starting to look harder than 'crash-reading' pharmchem.....help a brother out........repin OOU
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by missdee1(f): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2013
Lol...prof is the Dean nw
Ajpharm: Especially Mrs Dada abi? All those cognosy lecturers get issue. starting from Dada, Showemimo, Ajayi........ How could I forget the H.O.D of cognosy, Prof Odukoya. Some people talk say that woman na witch.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by jayne8585yahoo(f): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2013
As men and women of honor we......,sorry for not have registered my present since,my bad.what have I been doing?ok not yet late I guess, l am a graduate of UNN (lioness).coming back.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2013
adeola_drg: We know pharmD is the best option for the country. And trust me PSN and PCN are working tooth and nail towards that. This was discussed during the last AGM meeting and a court case is what would allow FMOH run pharmD in the teaching hospitals. Prof Fola Tayo explained all these clearly and I'm still looking for d jotter I wrote stuffs in. When I find it sha.

@bludeville I'm sorry for sounding so rash. If Ure a Rxcist, then introduce urself..
I'm sorry for sounding so critical. Yes i am a pharmacist. Class of 09' , UNN. I usually forget to be nice when I'm not on my meds. cheesy
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by PaKen: 11:54am On Nov 15, 2013
It is time to come into this conversation. I represent the great University of Benin - Pharmacy. I must confess that if I have a second opportunity to go back to school, I'll always embrace Pharmacy. Pharmacy as a discipline gives you a whole lot of opportunities unlike some fields of academic endeavors. In the last 8 years, I have worked as an industrial pharmacist and am currently into pharmaceutical regulation. For any pharmacist or pharmacy student that is interested in building a career in regulation, feel free to hit on me anytime for guidance. In my short year of practice, I have come to discover that many pharmacy graduates have career accidents ie they have no clue what they want to make of their pharmacy degree ie BPharm or Pharm.D as they case may be ? In school, I was very good with Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacy Law, so I opted for Industrial Pharmacy although without much pay and now I'm fully a Pharmaceutical Regulator.
I recently met a colleague with Pharm.D and he told me he is a Medical Representative for a generic pharmaceutical company? I asked again why spend 6 years to bag a Pharm.D and end up in a corporate hawking drugs business? A Pharm.D holder should be involved in stuffs like Clinical trials, Pharmaceutical Care, Drug Therapy Problems, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacogenomics etc....

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by baebyfaze91(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tee cube: Hi, I just got admitted into unibadan 4 pharmacy. I'd like to be enlightened on what I should be expecting in ui as a px student. Thanks in advance
Wlc babe!...i'm also a newly admittd stud in2 U.I 4 pharmacy ....
Lemme av ur 2go id nd fb id so we cn rub minds 2geda....nd meet wif oda u.i rxist

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by boygen(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
500L Rx in ABU Zaria. Pre requisites n dispensing are d challenges hia bt so far pharmacy has bn gud......as men of honor; we join has
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bludeville:
I'm sorry for sounding so critical. Yes i am a pharmacist. Class of 09' , UNN. I usually forget to be nice when I'm not on my meds. cheesy
mhen! I dey feel you! Went thru ur profile nd its gud! U get crase head like me too. Lols
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lols, tomboiz are many in famacy dunno why.
Hmmm, we sabi book sha.
I dey hail o my contiri professional people!

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by hoochay: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
am rx student in delsu..delsu has not gotten pcn accreditation,,we have just nuc ,wah hope do i ve if delsu dont get pcn?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by hoochay: 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
rxcist,,,,,am pharmacy student in delsu,,,i ve been having low score in pharmacology,,,i read but i get low grades,plz advice me on wah to do tnx ,,great pansites
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by evanscheck(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Abeg! Am a pharmacist from delsu. Pls is there no pharmacist from delsu.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by hoochay: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
pharmacist frm delsu, hw do u mean?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by sikells(m): 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
My people i greet Y'all..my name is christian kelly..I represent uniben
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Teecube(f): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
baebyfaze91: .
Wlc babe!...i'm also a newly admittd stud in2 U.I 4 pharmacy ....
Lemme av ur 2go id nd fb id so we cn rub minds 2geda....nd meet wif oda u.i rxist
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by freeyayo(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
I had the same problem when I was in Pharmacy school. I later got to know Pharmacology needs strategic reading, you don't just cramp it all. Make sure you know the MOA of the Class of drug 1st, then it's easy to know that of any drug under that class. Also you might have to read immediately after you have been taught to help you remember easily. Goodluck!!!
hoochay: rxcist,,,,,am pharmacy student in delsu,,,i ve been having low score in pharmacology,,,i read but i get low grades,plz advice me on wah to do tnx ,,great pansites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Ijlavsu: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Of d greatest uites. Of d greatest pansites. Lemme introduce myself. I am I.J. A 200level student of pharmacy unibadan. Js wanna congratulate d freshers n use dis medium to shed light on aw to do well in 100level. U guys js av to do well in 1. chemistry(127, 157, 177) 2. physics ( 113, 114, 115) 3. Zoology (111,112, 113) den mats 101. If u do nt pass ur mats 101 or chem 157, u might b out of pharmacy skul. I crossd frm physiology to pharmacy, so any one interested in crossin to pharm skul shud nt joke wif those courses. BTW inorganic n organic pharm chem courses r my best fr nw. In ceutics, i crammed ehn. no one cn do without crammin in ceutics. D lyks of hippocrates, claudius galenus n all those century bc's dt one hs to kno. Geez.....e no easy abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Amaka, school of pharmacy, NAU, 400 level. Wonderful thread, have already gained so much. Good to know that its not only unizik pharmacy that is so so stressful. Pharmacology is d only dept here that gives sumone headache because d HOD is not smilin at all.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tee cube: 2go id is toyintella, n fb id is Oluwatoyin Tella
*suprised* you sent me a requesnt on 2go..... 'johntosyne', ryt?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by agabaI23(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
#me@:

mhen! I dey feel you! Went thru ur profile nd its gud! U get crase head like me too. Lols
For your mind you get craze head?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pa-Ken:
It is time to come into this conversation. I represent the great University of Benin - Pharmacy. I must confess that if I have a second opportunity to go back to school, I'll always embrace Pharmacy. Pharmacy as a discipline gives you a whole lot of opportunities unlike some fields of academic endeavors. In the last 8 years, I have worked as an industrial pharmacist and am currently into pharmaceutical regulation. For any pharmacist or pharmacy student that is interested in building a career in regulation, feel free to hit on me anytime for guidance. In my short year of practice, I have come to discover that many pharmacy graduates have career accidents ie they have no clue what they want to make of their pharmacy degree ie BPharm or Pharm.D as they case may be ? In school, I was very good with Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacy Law, so I opted for Industrial Pharmacy although without much pay and now I'm fully a Pharmaceutical Regulator.
I rqecently met a colleague with Pharm.D and he told me he is a Medical Representative for a generic pharmaceutical company? I asked again why spend 6 years to bag a Pharm.D and end up in a corporate hawking drugs business? A Pharm.D holder should be involved in stuffs like Clinical trials, Pharmaceutical Care, Drug Therapy Problems, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacogenomics etc....

Bless you for your contribution sir, its true that most students discover too late where they'll fit in best. Truth is most peeps just go for the aspect of pharmacy with the greatest remuneration and can you blame 'em? After all those years staying up all night reading its majorly about the rewards after. That said It would be highly appreciated if you give us a little insight on your job description.. What it takes? A typical day? What you like about your job? What you wish you can change? Perks and remuneration and your advise for students aiming for where you are.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bludeville: I thought i was going to see interesting/ stimulating conversation here....I'm actually a little bit embarrassed by this thread.....
Maybe there is a need to separate aspirants from pharmacists...or maybe I'm expecting too much?

Err.. Good day ma'am. You could always get things going on by bringing up an issue for discourse.. Besides it would be great if you (+other practising pharmacists in the house) could nurture pharmacists in training.. Like general advice, experiences and comments on how the practise has been? things others should look out for and stuff like that..

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
agabaI23: For your mind you get craze head?
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
#me@:

lmfao! i returned the favour...u try....small tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
drered:

Err.. Good day ma'am. You could always get things going on by bringing up an issue for discourse.. Besides it would be great if you (+other practising pharmacists in the house) could nurture pharmacists in training.. Like general advice, experiences and comments on how the practise has been? things others should look out for and stuff like that..
Why so serious? That's my problem with my people. Always so serious, always so boring....abeg,I'm no role model,I'm no nurturer. I love being a pharmacist, but thats only a part of who I am...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by hoochay: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
freeyayo: I had the same problem when I was in Pharmacy school. I later got to know Pharmacology needs strategic reading, you don't just cramp it all. Make sure you know the MOA of the Class of drug 1st, then it's easy to know that of any drug under that class. Also you might have to read immediately after you have been taught to help you remember easily. Goodluck!!!
bro tnx for d info,,wud like to ask wah textbook did u use,cos i cant easily comprehend rangs n dale,hope u dont mind if u recomend one n wah strategy did u use back den in sch,am really having tough tym wt my pcl cos.tnx again
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by hoochay: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bludeville:
Why so serious? That's my problem with my people. Always so serious, always so boring....abeg,I'm no role model,I'm no nurturer. I love being a pharmacist, but thats only a part of who I am...
blue u pharmacist?shocked......nyc to meet u ma, so hw did u do it back den in sch? And after sch wah next
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Teecube(f): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Tommybob: *suprised* you sent me a requesnt on 2go..... 'johntosyne', ryt?
yep, I did

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
hoochay: blue u pharmacist?shocked......nyc to meet u ma, so hw did u do it back den in sch? And after sch wah next
Oh dear. Ermmm, where do I start, I've always liked reading, I read a lot of novels and I replaced my novels with textbooks. I attended all my lectures, took notes, but usually went back to read text books instead. G n G was, and still is my bible. Currently doing my masters in pharmacology.... want to be a lecturer when I grow up grin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by drered(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bludeville:

undecided So what exactly is your definition of interesting/stimulating?? I also have issues with pharmacist being socially awkward and all and personally I'm far from the "pharmacy cliche". But your previous post suggested you wanted us to dissect some serious shii.. Woman sef undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.