Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. - Career (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. (254261 Views)

Graduate Interns At HCDC Limited / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / Pharmacists And Pharmaceutical Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Humanistme: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2017
adeoladrg:

Follow revolution on twitter. Pm me, I can add you to the YPG Lagos group, you'll get opportunities there.

Good morning please can you add me to the group?
Thanks
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by pharmvikky(f): 5:24am On Jun 12, 2017
Mirabel2032:
pls what is UFP, and do you knw the requirement for crossing frm those department,also are you a unilag pharm student or graduate thanks.
Ufp(unilag foundation programme) is A-level programme by which u will get admitted into 200L
Yes am a student

I rEp The university of first choice
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by DrBookie(f): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
Good afternoon Please kindly add my sister to the whatsapp group for pharmacy interns 08062745816
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
I'm just wondering why it's becoming exceedingly difficult for pharmacy graduates to get internship placement. I saw a senior colleague who just got a place a year and a few months after graduation. It's sad...really. Any way out of the internship impasse? As men of honour...
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bibilucky1: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a biochem grad who's also a pharmacy aspirant. Is anyone like me here? Or maybe one who must have passed this stage but not necessarily a biochem grad. I just wanna make the right choices. Thanks.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2017
hey guys I applied for pharmacy buk 235
I would like for someone to brief me about d early stages/information about d course tnx

pls I will also appreciate it if someone could explain d difference btwn pharmB and pharmD is it pharmD Dats 5 years normal university program and which is better amongst d two
also wat is Rx
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:
hey guys I applied for pharmacy buk 235
I would like for someone to brief me about d early stages/information about d course tnx

pls I will also appreciate it if someone could explain d difference btwn pharmB and pharmD is it pharmD Dats 5 years normal university program and which is better amongst d two
also wat is Rx

Hello Trailblazer. Pharmacy is, at present, a five-year course which involves you taking general science courses(chemistry, physics, biology..) in your very first year(pre-pharmacy year). Pharmacy is "subdivided" into five departments; pharmacology(study of drug and drug actions, side effects, et cetera), pharnacognosy(study of medicinal plants), pharmaceutics(study of drug formulation and dosage forms), pharmaceutical microbiology, which is under pharmaceutics(study of microbes and their relevance to pharmacy), pharmaceutical chemistry(study of medicinal chemistry) and clinical pharmacy and pharmacy administration. Depending on your school maybe, you'll be taking courses from all of these departments from your second year. I don't know how BUK runs her program but there shouldn't be too wide differences in how pharmacy schools in Nigeria run their program.

B.Pharm is the current degree awarded to graduate pharmacists in Nigeria and the program runs for five years. The PharmD program runs for six. A big difference between the two is that the latter is more clinically oriented than the former as pharmD ups the "clinical game" of the pharmacist-in-training. The B.Pharm is slipping into obsolescence. The pharmD, I'll say, is better as it considers the patient; the final consumer of drugs.

Rx is a sign that summarily means "Prescription". On hospital prescription sheets, you'll see this sign before the doctor fills in the medication to dispensed amidst other stuffs.

You can ask more questions here if you aren't satisfied. The bosses will do justice to it. As men of honour......

BTW, who's coming to OAU for synergy '17?

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
Shori:

Hello Trailblazer. Pharmacy is, at present, a five-year course which involves you taking general science courses(chemistry, physics, biology..) in your very first year(pre-pharmacy year). Pharmacy is "subdivided" into five departments; pharmacology(study of drug and drug actions, side effects, et cetera), pharnacognosy(study of medicinal plants), pharmaceutics(study of drug formulation and dosage forms), pharmaceutical microbiology, which is under pharmaceutics(study of microbes and their relevance to pharmacy), pharmaceutical chemistry(study of medicinal chemistry) and clinical pharmacy and pharmacy administration. Depending on your school maybe, you'll be taking courses from all of these departments from your second year. I don't know how BUK runs her program but there shouldn't be too wide differences in how pharmacy schools in Nigeria run their program.

B.Pharm is the current degree awarded to graduate pharmacists in Nigeria and the program runs for five years. The PharmD program runs for six. A big difference between the two is that the latter is more clinically oriented than the former as pharmD ups the "clinical game" of the pharmacist-in-training. The B.Pharm is slipping into obsolescence. The pharmD, I'll say, is better as it considers the patient; the final consumer of drugs.

Rx is a sign that summarily means "Prescription". On hospital prescription sheets, you'll see this sign before the doctor fills in the medication to dispensed amidst other stuffs.

You can ask more questions here if you aren't satisfied. The bosses will do justice to it. As men of honour......

tnx a lot. for replying ma question but dere is still one thin I don't get about d pharmD and pharmB
obviously pharmD is d main deal,,d A game after pharm B buy Hw is it applied for is it after d 5 year pharmB dat u go for another 6 years pharmD pls if u don't mind elucidate more

if u don't mind pls can I get ur wassap digitz I av tons of oda questions to ask tnx
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 12:17am On Jun 30, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:
tnx a lot. for replying ma question but dere is still one thin I don't get about d pharmD and pharmB
obviously pharmD is d main deal,,d A game after pharm B buy Hw is it applied for is it after d 5 year pharmB dat u go for another 6 years pharmD pls if u don't mind elucidate more

if u don't mind pls can I get ur wassap digitz I av tons of oda questions to ask tnx
No. You don't go for another six years program. You just need to take something like a conversion program or so.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:

If you have already gotten your B.Pharm degree, it takes three years to run a conversion programme to Pharm D in uniben.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
Samsantos9:
If you have already gotten your B.Pharm degree, it takes three years to run a conversion programme to Pharm D in uniben.
Three "full time" years? That's a long time!!!
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by TRAILBLAIZER: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2017
Shori:
can I have ur whatsapp number plz
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
TRAILBLAIZER:
can I have ur whatsapp number plz
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=adeoladrg post=56707101]

Follow revolution on twitter. Pm me, I can add you to the YPG Lagos group, you'll get opportunities there.[/quote

Chief please can you add me to the Lagos YPG group? 08037912612...thanks.]
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by baebyfaze91(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Shori:

Hey fam.. unibadan pharmacy students are coming to shut down Ife ... anticipating Synergy 17
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Shori:
Yes, three academic sessions. It's a bit long..
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 05, 2017
pharmvikky:
Ufp(unilag foundation programme) is A-level programme by which u will get admitted into 200L
Yes am a student

I rEp The university of first choice
how easy is it? And please do you know the requirement for crossing?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Samsantos9: 1:43am On Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys, Have we heard of the proposed pre-registration examination for pharmacists? What are your thoughts about it?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by geunik(m): 6:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Shori:
the info i had is 3 years for a part time which my friend did because he is working while full time is 2 years like regular students
check my blog on my signature if you are a pharmacy student or a pharmacist or even those who wish to study pharmacy. There are vita informations there. One of my latest post which has gone viral is the scholarships that pharmacy students are eligible to apply for like agbami scholarship, NAIP scholarships etc. They are many and up to 15. MUSTE also
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Rexsul: 5:46am On Jul 15, 2017
Pls guys I intend applying for pharmacy with my b.tech biochemistry which university would you advice me to chose...I'm from Kogi state
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst001(m): 11:33am On Jul 16, 2017
#Anticipating SYNERGY'17 #PANS National convention

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Shori(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Samsantos9:
Hey guys, Have we heard of the proposed pre-registration examination for pharmacists? What are your thoughts about it?
Mixed feelings really. it'll definitely have its pros and cons.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by jidebabs8: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Catalyst001:
#Anticipating SYNERGY'17 #PANS National convention
I should be there..#PansUnilorin
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Bapy(m): 8:13am On Jul 21, 2017
geunik:

the info i had is 3 years for a part time which my friend did because he is working while full time is 2 years like regular students
check my blog on my signature if you are a pharmacy student or a pharmacist or even those who wish to study pharmacy. There are vita informations there. One of my latest post which has gone viral is the scholarships that pharmacy students are eligible to apply for like agbami scholarship, NAIP scholarships etc. They are many and up to 15. MUSTE also
please sir i need the link to your blog.
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by geunik(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bapy:
please sir i need the link to your blog.
check my signature. it is there
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by fannybaby(f): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2017
adeoladrg:

Follow revolution on twitter. Pm me, I can add you to the YPG Lagos group, you'll get opportunities there.

pharm , please i lost your contact embarassed
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Royle2014(m): 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mehn! Took some years! Finally done with pharmacy school...

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Catalyst001(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Royle2014:
Mehn! Took some years! Finally done with pharmacy school...
congrat! Which school is that?
Re: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. by Tzarfillix: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
Does anyone know any hospital in VI or Ikoyi that pays well (40k min) and gives accommodation to corper Pharmacists? please I need answers asap. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (88) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / Best Paid Degrees In Nigeria (THE BITTER TRUTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.