Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth (4640 Views)

How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / NASA Finds Message From God On Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Starlett: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2013
GOING by the breakneck speed with which they whiz through the mostly craggy and pothole-ridden portions of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, many motorists would seem to know very little about the Redemption Camp beyond its signboards and its modest white gate. This afternoon, however, a billboard outside the gate shows a mother smiling down at her baby. It is a picture of complete satisfaction from both. The photograph illustrates the theme of the Holy Ghost Service, ‘God Will Make You Laugh,’ which was held on September 6. Considering the decent condition of living in the Redemption Camp as The Guardian discovered during its tour, and what is obtainable in other Nigerian towns and cities, the prayers of the residents may have already been answered.

• How former den of robbers, wild animals became a place of worship

A camp of many wonders

AT the entrance of the Camp, a nondescript security man looks casually at approaching vehicles before waving them in. On the right side of the gate, a neat and orderly row of tricycles painted in green with white stripes awaits commuters going into the Camp. Quietly, and without the hassles characterising life in other Nigerian settlements, passengers walk to the tricycle taxi park, take their seats, and the journey begins through a network of streets linked by tarred roads.

There is no noisy honking and blaring of horns. Drivers neither jeer nor rain curses on other roads users. And there are no trailers threatening to tip over and spill their inflammable content on hapless road users. There are also no traffic snarls and all the disorder associated with life in most of Nigeria’s chaotic cities. A number of road signs indicate a speed limit of between 15 and 25 km per hour. Wafting from loudspeakers in different parts of the camp is mellow Christian music. The soothing effect of the songs is occasionally interrupted by the deep baritone voice of the General Overseer (GO) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor E.A. Adeboye, who makes exhortations in recorded messages. Next are the Pentecostal naming of the roads and streets: Redeemer Avenue, Victory Avenue, Salvation Way, Love Road, Holiness Road, New Song Road, and the list goes on. Streets and addresses in the Redemption Camp get their names from the biblical narratives and experiences.

Unlike many Nigerian towns and cities where existence is dreary, nasty and often extremely disorganised, the Redeemed Camp is a town that works. The air is clean and fresh, the roads are free of potholes, and the general decay associated with urban living in Nigeria is almost non-existent in the Camp. Electricity supply is uninterrupted, clean water runs at the tap, environment is sanitised and decent transportation system is in place. Nonetheless, The Guardian observed during its tour of the area that, the sanity and serenity of the Redeem City might not be as a result of daily session of prayer, praise and worship. Rather authorities in the town have painstakingly made and implemented rules and regulations to ensure that the place is not turned to yet another Nigerian nightmare.

Rules and regulations governing behaviour in the Camp are clearly spelt out in one of the billboards; “no hawking and no loitering during service.” There is also a list of rules that the camp dwellers are to observe. For instance, while the government in Lagos, as well as many other states across the country is battling tooth and nail to rid its domain of the activities of motorbike (Okada) riders, the authorities at the Redemption Camp simply insisted that the place be a no-go area for motorcycle taxis. The result is that cars are free to move without the risk of colliding with bikes, while commuters are spared the ordeal of falling off speeding bikes and breaking their limbs. Instead of the reckless run of commercial motorcycles, what obtains in the Camp is the beautiful sight of families riding bicycles as a way of exercising and relaxing.

An exclusive Christian community

Those in charge of affairs at the Camp mince no words about the fact that it is a Christian community. “This is the city of Christians,” says the Senior Camp Maintenance Director, Pastor Dapo Adesina. As such, everything is arranged to give effect to the Christian message of the glory and splendour of the Almighty. The streets, especially at night, breathe in unsullied air from the surrounding foliage, giving the Redemption City a quality of celestial bliss. From the lampposts by the roads, silver glow on top casts a bright hallow upon the estates of buildings erected by Haggai Saving Loans, a community bank owned by RCCG.

According to RCCG website, Haggai has been able to develop over 66 units of houses and another 22 units in addition to 150 units of various types of bungalows. Other banks located within the Camp include Access Bank, UBA, GTB, Zenith Bank, Eco Bank. For a visitor, the residential and office areas are hardly distinguishable; the place is an open city. The estate comprises duplexes, bungalows, three and four-bedroom flats owned by members of the church. On the West side of the city are the offices that handle the bureaucracy. This includes the International Office, Camp Maintenance Department, Finance and Budget Department, Finance and Auditing Department, Pre-paid meter office, Security Unit, Redeemer Clinic, Directorate of Christian Education, Rehabilitation Centre, Electrical Department, as well as the Water Department. Right at the heart of the city is the sprawling Congress Arena measuring two-kilometer (length) by one kilometer (breadth).

According to the Redeemed Camp authorities, the auditorium contained more than two million worshippers during the last Holy Ghost Congress. During the Congress, the Camp metamorphosed into a Mecca of sorts, accommodating about 6 million people. The congregants came from 120 countries where RCCG branches are located. But on other days, except first Friday of the month slated for the Holy Ghost Service, Redemption Camp is a somber city. When there are no big events in the Camp, the auditorium is a sanctuary for the faithful who come to pray and make supplications to God.

During The Guardian tour of the auditorium recently, scores of people were seen meditating and having their quiet time. During these periods, when there are no major events, it is easier to stand close to the altar, a section of the temple considered to be exclusive preserve for the VIPs that attend the events. Few individuals in different positions of prayer scattered around the huge hall while cleaners and technicians were getting the auditorium ready for the Congress. Across the road, the voice of the G.O. echoed from a shopping complex. “You will not die this year…”
Within the Camp, there are several other structures like the main auditorium, the Redeemer University (RUN), The Redeemed Christian Bible College, Redeemer High School, International Guest House, post office, supermarket, power station, water treatment plant among others.

History of the Redemption Camp

The first foundation of the Redemption City, according to the church authorities, was laid in April 1983. Prior to that time, Pastor Adeboye, who had just retired from the University of Ilorin as the Head, Department of Mathematics and was living in Mushin area, Lagos was said to have prayed to God for a house. In response, God promised him a city. Adeboye’s wife, Pastor Folu Adeboye, received revelation that the city must be built along the express road. But when a portion of land became available at Alagbado, the church could not afford the price. And since the church policy forbids borrowing, the authorities had to wait till the church could afford to foot the bill. Not long after, a portion of land near the Lagos-Ibadan expressway was available. The place was found out to be more accessible to members from other parts of the country. “And the rest, as they say, is history,” said Adesina.

Today, Redemption City is a tranquil home to a population of about 10,000 people. It is perhaps the largest Christian city in the world. Not even the Vatican City, established in 1929 and spread across 44 hectares of land, could boast of the population of the Redeemed City. Vatican City, according to CIA World Factsheet, is populated by 836 citizens, mostly priests. According to Pastor Adesina, though the Redeemed City is not patterned after the Vatican City, a sovereign entity within Rome, the city has aspiration to assume a political status in future. Residents of Redemption City participate in elections like other citizens in Ogun State, “but we do not allow political campaign in the city because we see ourselves as family members,” said Adesina.

A former den of men of the underworld

Though Loburo settlement in Ogun State, the spot that now hosts the Camp was a den of robbers and wild animals in the early 1980s, the coming of the Camp has changed its history forever. Until the Redeemed Christian Church of God moved its Bible College to the place in 1983, it was a place where shady characters and hardened criminals carried out their nefarious activities. The story has it that the place was so unsafe for commuters that they did all they could to avoid falling prey to the men of the underworld who prowled the area unchallenged. Through the massive construction of roads and houses, the former hideout for criminals has now been transformed into a haven that even foreigners find attractive, thereby generating foreign exchange for the country.

Importantly, the Camp has been able to shatter what is becoming a myth in Nigeria, that generating adequate electricity supply to meet the people’s need is a herculean task. As such, the darkness that envelopes many parts of the country, crippling economic activities and making life miserable for both the rich and the poor, does not exist in Redeemed Camp. With its 10 megawatts power generation plant, which provides electricity for homes, businesses, offices, and the auditorium, the Camp has come off self-sufficient in its power needs. From the main gate to the big auditorium, the light bulbs shone uninterrupted.

Pastor Taiwo Ajewole, an engineer at the Electrical Department of the Redeemed City said the community relies on the turbine powered by diesel and compressed natural gas to generate electricity. The efficiency of the turbine system ensures that the camp stays aglow all day. So constant is power supply that beverage and frozen food vendors in the area are forced to switch off their refrigerators for days, in order to defrost their products before offering them for sale. Aside this, the city also has its own independent water treatment dam that produces no fewer than six million litres of potable water daily. It is thus no surprise that many residents of Lagos and Ogun states are beginning to flock the area in order to enjoy some of these benefits, which has triggered massive development along the corridor, and has impacted on real estate business especially.

Within 30 years, the area has become so transformed that the vision, according to church sources is now to continue the expansion and consolidate on the achievements recorded thus far.
According to Pastor Adesina, the GO’s modest request for a house was granted by God in form of a city that has now become the cynosure of eyes within Nigeria, and internationally.

The camp in the eyes of residents

A 46-year-old businesswoman in the city told The Guardian she enjoys life in the Camp because of the constant and uninterrupted power supply. “The only time the light goes off is when technicians are doing maintenance of the turbine. And if it happens, it is only for an hour or thereabout. And they usually inform us before they switch off light. As I speak now, I have switched off my freezer for the past three days because everything in the fridge is frozen.”

Similarly, a former electricity metre-billing officer in Lagos enthused that life is different in the camp compared to what obtains in Lagos city where she once lived. “People move around here 24 hours and people come in to pray anytime of the day. It is a safe haven because you can move anytime. The security here is better than in the main Lagos city. In fact there was a time I forgot my shop key here for three days and I came back just to meet my things safe and intact.” She continued: “It may also interest you to know that all the roads in this city are constructed by the church. There is even a tarred road that leads to Ikorodu from the back of our own auditorium.”

Before deciding to go into the sale of Christian books, bibles and soft drinks in the Camp, another resident said she had worked for 21 years in one hospital in Lagos. Despite the number of hours she put in the job, her earnings at the hospital was never commensurate to her input. But the little profit she makes from doing business in the Camp now is enough for her family upkeep. “I closed my eyes to the salary and the free medical service I was receiving together with my family from my former office, and relocated here, and I am enjoying my life here in Redemption City. Though I may not be making millions, I am contented with my stress-free business in the city.” She further revealed that she used to spend an average of N16,000 weekly for fuelling her generator when she was living at Alagbado. In the camp, however, she says the fuel inside her generator has dried up because there was no need to use it for a period of time.

“We also have primary school, secondary school and tertiary institution and there are banks here too. Everything is well organised here. You must, however, not operate any business on Sunday morning because everybody is expected to be in church. You may come after church service to open, but certainly not during worship hour.”

Likewise, Olayinka Olayiwola, a plumber working with the Dam Department in the
city is also a resident of the Redeemed Camp. According to him, the Camp produces about six million litres of potable water for drinking. “Anytime my department needs power supply, we get it. I enjoy living and working here and I don’t think I intend to leave here for now because there is security, regular power supply and good road network.”

Engineer Taiwo Ajewole, who works in the Electrical Department echoed
Olayiwola’s position. He said although he spends an average of N4,000 per month on electricity, he is happy to pay because light is available. “I have light in my house 24 hours a day, seven days per week. Before I moved here I used to iron (sic) as many of my clothes as possible whenever PHCN light comes, now I iron my cloth only when I want to go out,” he said.

The power of planning and transparency

So how does this model city get things right? How are the administrators able to carry on with their duties without lining their pockets with funds meant for the public good? Pastor Adesina, the maintenance helmsman at the camp spoke about the fear of God as the driving force behind the altruistic disposition of the people to serve in God’s vineyard. He said officials are conscious that they are carrying out their duties, not just because they must be responsible to an earthly boss, but also because they will all stand before the Creator someday. He implied that the mind-boggling corruption being witnessed in government at local, state, and federal level is the result of the lack of the fear of God. “If you put money meant for church work in your pocket, one day, you will face your creator, and you will account for it,” he said.

According to him, the church does not do anything based on human plan. Everything is based on the divine inspiration of the Almighty.

“As the Lord directs the authority of the church, they give us the guidelines and we implement. The project office maintains the existing roads. They are to make sure they fix all the potholes and regularly maintain the roads, so that there will not be traffic congestion, either during major or off major events period. So the roads are maintained regularly,” he explained.

Indeed, the story of Redeemed City is like a bright star on a dark firmament, but more than anything else, it is a good account of triumph of human determination to create his own heaven right here on earth.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/133755-redemption-camp-largest-city-of-god-on-earth-

2 Likes

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Starlett: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2013
Morale of the story?
Even in Nigeria, hard work still produces results. Things still work.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by IgboDelta: 11:32am On Sep 25, 2013
THE LARGEST CITY OF GOD ON EARTH IS THE VATICAN CITY OF THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH. THE VATICAN IS NOT JUST A CITY BUT ALSO AN INDEPENDENT COUNTRY. The Redemption camp can at best be described as an estate just like other prayer camps owned by Covenant, Apostolic, Mountain of Fire, Deeper Life and The Lord's Choosen churches. I dont think it is the largest in Nigeria maybe Its the largest in south west nigeria.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2013
Edifices, structures, money and more money.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by KnowAll(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2013
This city should put all our class A Governors to shame. What d FG, State & LG cannot do has been done by this community and they are Nigerians like me and you. Kudos GO and his crew.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by ba7man(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2013
Igbo Delta: THE LARGEST CITY OF GOD ON EARTH IS THE VATICAN CITY OF THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH. THE VATICAN IS NOT JUST A CITY BUT ALSO AN INDEPENDENT COUNTRY. The Redemption camp can at best be described as an estate just like other prayer camps owned by Covenant, Apostolic, Mountain of Fire, Deeper Life and The Lord's Choosen churches. I dont think it is the largest in Nigeria maybe Its the largest in south west nigeria.
You've obviously not set foot in the Reedemption Camp.

1 Like

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by IgboDelta: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
ba7man: You've obviously not set foot in the Reedemption Camp.

Have you set your foot on the Vatican City before ? Have you set your foot on all the big prayer camps/convention grounds of other churches all over the world ? Have you ever set your foot on the numerous very huge catholic monasteries with unending land spread all over the world ?. HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT THIS YOUR OVER EXAGGERATED CONCLUSION WHICH IS AT BEST, A FANTASY. I INSIST REDEMPTION CAMP MIGHT NOT BE THE BIGGEST IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA TALKLESS OF WEST AFRICA

1 Like

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Starlett: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
@Igbo Delta: I didn't expect that you'd bring the tribal thing here as well. The article clearly specifies that it means largest in terms of POPULATION and NOT LAND MASS. Going to start talking about South West and all that is pointless. We all know that the largest religious Camp grounds in Nigeria are to be found in the SW; it has nothing to do with tribal orientation, but mostly about the same old story of the strategic importance of proximity to Lagos!

And generally speaking, we should learn to differentiate between South West and Yoruba folks. Credit for a whole lot of things that go on in the SW may be attributed NOT only to the Yoruba but to all the peoples who inhabit this region, including the Igbo, Hausa/Fulani and other minority tribes. Who told you that RCCG Camp is a Yoruba success story? Do you know the what percentage of the population of it's inhabitants is made up of non-Yoruba? Or can you quantify how much money that non-Yoruba have put into its development as well as the Yoruba?

Simply put: In CHRIST WE ALL ARE ONE! Enough of this attitude of attempting to inject primordial sentiments into every little research or news article. Let's for once simply savour the news for what it is!
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Pukkah: 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
1. What's this doing in the Politics section?

2. So you're happy that you guys displaced wild animals at Loburo?

3. What's the evidence that Loburo was a den of criminals and shady characters?

4. What's the update on the little Seun Ogungbemile that got missing at the Camp?
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by IgboDelta: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2013
Starlett: @Igbo Delta: I didn't expect that you'd bring the tribal thing here as well. The article clearly specifies that it means largest in terms of POPULATION and NOT LAND MASS. Going to start talking about South West and all that is pointless. We all know that the largest religious Camp grounds in Nigeria are to be found in the SW; it has nothing to do with tribal orientation, but mostly about the same old story of the strategic importance of proximity to Lagos!

And generally speaking, we should learn to differentiate between South West and Yoruba folks. Credit for a whole lot of things that go on in the SW may be attributed NOT only to the Yoruba but to all the peoples who inhabit this region, including the Igbo, Hausa/Fulani and other minority tribes. Who told you that RCCG Camp is a Yoruba success story? Do you know the what percentage of the population of it's inhabitants is made up of non-Yoruba? Or can you quantify how much money that non-Yoruba have put into its development as well as the Yoruba?

Simply put: In CHRIST WE ALL ARE ONE! Enough of this attitude of attempting to inject primordial sentiments into every little research or news article. Let's for once simply savour the news for what it is!

1 IT IS NOT THE LARGEST IN TERMS OF POPULATION IN NIGERIA TALK LESS OF THE WHOLE WORLD

2 AT NO POINT DID I MENTION ETHNICITY OR WROTE THAT, WE ARE NOT ONE IN CHRIST. I ONLY INSISTED THAT REDEEM CAMP IS NOT THE BIGGEST/LARGEST CAMP IN WHATEVER CATEGORY WHETHER IN NIGERIA OR THE WHOLE EARTH AS THE TITLE SUGGEST.

3 I NEVER WROTE YORUBA IN MY EARLIER POST NEITHER DID I WROTE THAT RCCG IS A YORUBA SUCCESS STORY.

4 REDEEMPTION CAMP/TOWN IS NOT THE LARGEST IN WHATEVER CATEGORY IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA OR EARTH
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by ba7man(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Igbo Delta:

Have you set your foot on the Vatican City before ? Have you set your foot on all the big prayer camps/convention grounds of other churches all over the world ? Have you ever set your foot on the numerous very huge catholic monasteries with unending land spread all over the world ?. HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT THIS YOUR OVER EXAGGERATED CONCLUSION WHICH IS AT BEST, A FANTASY. I INSIST REDEMPTION CAMP MIGHT NOT BE THE BIGGEST IN SOUTHWEST NIGERIA TALKLESS OF WEST AFRICA
I repeat....."YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T VISITED THE REEDEMPTION CAMP".

1 Like

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by ba7man(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2013
Funny enough, my friend I'm sitting with currently has been to both the Vatican City and Redemption camp. He says you can't compare their sizes, the Redemption camp is far bigger.

Hold your breath........The Redemption Camp main auditorium is even bigger than the Vatican city.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by gtrust: 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
Pictures
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
If you google largest church in the world,I don't think you will find the redemption camp there.If you say na lie just ask google
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by IgboDelta: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
ba7man: I repeat....."YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T VISITED THE REEDEMPTION CAMP".

OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED REDEMPTION FOR LACKING THE ABILITY TO COMPREHEND MY EARLIER POST OR ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by dridowu: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yet my people are still languishing in abject poverty despite their 10%.
All is Well
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Pukkah: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
ba7man: Funny enough, my friend I'm sitting with currently has been to both the Vatican City and Redemption camp. He says you can't compare their sizes, the Redemption camp is far bigger.

Hold your breath........The Redemption Camp main auditorium is even bigger than the Vatican city.

This shouldn't be too difficult. Express the sizes in square kilometers.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by nora544: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
According to him, the church does not do anything based on human plan. Everything is based on the divine inspiration of the Almighty.

Sorry that is not tru.

when you google the biggest church sorry no RCCG camp comes.

I know his followers are so brainwashed that the believe all what this so called great man of God told them.

In a country where so many people have sometimes nothing to eat but a Pastor tell them when they are not giving there tithe to God they will rob God but that is the biggest lie he tell.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by nora544: 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
Will a Man Rob God?
Malachi 3:8-10 is by far the most preached-upon passage on tithing in the entire Bible. It is a popular passage because it seems to announce a curse upon those who fail to tithe the full amount to God. Using this passage, pastors and preachers tell people that if they want to be blessed financially, they must bring in the full tithe. If they fail in this, they are robbing God and will be cursed.
Malachi 3:8-10 says this

Will a man rob God?
Yet you have robbed me.
But you say,
“In what way have we robbed You?”
In tithes and offerings.

You are cursed with a curse,
For you have robbed Me,
Even the whole nation.

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house.
And try Me now in this,
Says the Lord of hosts,
If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.

The text seems pretty clear. If we do not tithe the full amount we are supposed to, and bring it to God’s house, we are robbing God and will be cursed. But if we bring the full tithe, then God will make us rich, so rich, we cannot even hold it all. And this is how the passage is usually taught. The pastor admonishes the people to give their full tithe, and bring their full offerings so that they can be blessed by God, and not cursed.

Yet this is simply another passage that has been severely misunderstood and misapplied because people fail to understand the historical background of Malachi. To understand what this passage is saying, we must begin by looking at the historical context.

Malachi 3:10
Historical Background of Malachi 3

In 538 BC, a man named Zerubbabel was given permission by Cyrus, the king of Persia, to return to Israel and rebuild the temple in Jerusalem (Ezra 1–2). The process of rebuilding the temple experienced many setbacks and difficulties, so the prophets Haggai and Zechariah encouraged the people to continue rebuilding the temple despite all of the problems. Finally, after over 20 years, the temple was completed in 515 BC (Ezra 6). Nevertheless, a completed temple did not restore Israel’s obedience to God’s law. The priesthood was corrupt and the people were intermarrying with pagans, so in 458 BC, Ezra traveled to Jerusalem and worked to correct these moral failures (Ezra 9–10).

Fourteen years later, Nehemiah also travelled to Jerusalem, this time with the goal of rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Along with rebuilding the walls, he is also able to enact many reforms to the way people live and worship. It was during this time of reforms under Nehemiah that Malachi lived and taught. Some of the issues that Malachi addresses are the same issues which Nehemiah addressed. One of these issues is bringing the tithes and offerings into the storehouse of the Temple.

In the historical record of Nehemiah, here is what appears to have happened. The people of Israel loved to have priests and Levites ministering in the Temple, and were thrilled to give of their tithes and offerings to support this ministry. It was what God commanded, and they rejoiced in giving of their crops and herds (Neh 12:44). Nehemiah specifically says that in his days, all Israel joyfully participated in giving the portions required by the law (Neh 12:47). So far, this does not sound at all like the issue Malachi is concerned with. The people appear to be giving joyfully and generously.

Yet in Nehemiah 13, we read of a priest named Eliashib who had been given the authority over the storehouse in the Temple (13:4). It was his job to make sure that all the singers, gatekeepers, priests, and Levites who served in the Temple received their portion of the grain, wine, and oil that had been brought by the people of Israel (13:5). But he was doing no such thing. Instead, he had removed all of the grain, wine, and oil, and had allowed a man named Tobiah to begin living in the storehouse instead (13:4, 7). And who was Tobiah? He was the enemy of God and of Israel who had tried to stop the people from rebuilding the wall (Neh 2:10-19; 6:10-19)! As a result of not getting their daily portions of food, the Levites and the singers who did all the work in the temple had gone back to their fields so that they could feed themselves and their families (Neh 13:10).

What did Eliashib do with the grain, the wine, and the oil? The text does not say exactly, but after Nehemiah kicks Tobiah out of the storehouse, he brought the grain back into the storehouse, but the text says nothing about the wine and oil, and a few verses later, Nehemiah calls on the people of Israel to replenish the storehouses with grain, wine, and oil (cf. Neh 13:9, 12), and Nehemiah appointed new treasurers over the storehouse who would properly and fairly distribute the portions to the temple workers (Neh 13:13).

The Old Covenant blessing was land that God allotted each Jewish tribe from the lineage of Jacobs sons, except the tribe of Levi.
[b]The rain helped their crops grow in abundance. In times of sin and rebellion God sent famines on the land and closed up the Heavens so it did not rain. This caused their crops and animals to die. They had an agricultural society based on vegetation and producing crops to put in storehouses that there may be food for the poor and Priest . Only one tribe was commanded by God to collect the tithes, that was the tribe of Levi Priest. [/b]There is no longer a tribe of Levi in existence to date to keep up the Jewish Temple. The Jewish Temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD which is why Orthodox Jews no longer mandate tithing but give free will offerings.

Followers cannot rob God but fake pastors can rob God, and this is what happen day by day in Nigeria by this so called great man of God.
This pastors rob the food from there followers.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Alwaystrue(f): 6:53pm On Sep 25, 2013
@OP,
Thanks for the expose. The first time I went to the camp I was simply amazed and it keeps improving. I know the road at the back of the camp that leads to Ikorodu. I was shocked the day i plied the road and it was smooth all the way for kilometers. The camp has opened up the area that was formerly a den of robbers some time back and really boosted the economy of the local villages and the poor around because lots of jobs have been created while building and maintaining the various structures. The accounts of the plumber, ex-electrician and the common man on the street shows how this has been an avenue to make a living.

I pray the Pastor E.A. Adeboye (his humility and modesty is note-worthy) will fulfill His God-given purpose in life and God bless him continually.

1 Like

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hmmm Nija!!! wettin we no go see for this country? the Redemption city is just like Creating your own little World out of the very busy world.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by classicmusic: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
What ever happened to the vatican OP, a man who only goes to his fathers farm fool.ishlly goes out to the village square to say my dads farm is d biggest.

Do ur research well
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Image123(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2013
i appreciate the Redemption camp and thank God for it, but there is nothing like largest city of God. The whole earth remains the Lord's and the fullness thereof, from east to west and north to south.
Re: Redemption City: Largest City Of God On Earth by Candour(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2013
Largest city of God on earth indeed. Congrats OP, Guinness book of world records should come calling soon but they'll find nothing but a mixture of bricks, cement and iron because there's nothing Godly about a building.

God dwells in you and I today if you're a Christian and he's pleased if you worship him at a motor park or the white house.

Its good development. At least Jobs, utilities have been created but leave city of God out of it.

(1) (Reply)

Thank God For Slavery! / Pst. Paul Rika's Revelation About Pastor W.F Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Bible Church / Religious Leader Ask 400 Members To Cut Off Private Parts To Get Close To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.