Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Nigerian Family Subjected To Racist Attack In Belfast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Family Subjected To Racist Attack In Belfast (853 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Buhari Government Will Collapse If Am Subjected To Any Trial.......fayose. / See How This Nigerian Family Are Preparing For Elections (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Subjected To Racist Attack In Belfast by 4Play(m): 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
A hatchet has been thrown through the window of a Nigerian family's home in central Belfast in a suspected racist attack.

The attack on a woman and her two children happened in the loyalist Sandy Row area close to the city centre at around 2am on Wednesday morning.

It is the second such assault in the city in just over a month after a house where two Nigerian men lived in east Belfast came under attack.

In the latest incident Adenike Yisa was on the sofa in the living room at the front of her home when a hatchet was smashed through it.

"I was really, really upset," she said. "I have never been in that situation in my life. I only moved into that house about a year ago and never had any trouble.

"When I heard the noise I thought it was a shot, then I saw the axe or hatchet and the big hole in my window. I was screaming at the top of my voice and shaking like a leaf. Luckily my children were in their rooms.

"I didn't see whoever did this, but think it was because of the colour of my skin," the 40-year-old said.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/sep/25/hatchet-suspected-racist-attack-belfast

(1) (Reply)

PDP Vows To Deal With New PDP Leaders •the Battle Has Just Started, Baraje Tells / FG begins Awarding Marginal Oil Field Licensing to indigenous oil Companies / Photonews : Nsima Ekere At AKS PDP Secretary Mother’s Burial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.