Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,985 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. (2589 Views)

DSS Arrests Fuel Black Market Sellers In Lagos This Morning (photos) / Photos: Soldiers Sighted In Different Parts Of Lagos This Morning / Jimi Agbaje Is Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by ballabriggs: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Is Lagos there yet? No but they are moving even with the big constraints of a crowded city with limited finances.

Photo credit to Kayode Ogundamisi's facebook page.

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by iterator25: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2013
where is this in lagos?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by malc619(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nice One!!

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
iterator25: where is this in lagos?
The road is from Mile 2 to Orile Iganmu precisely.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by feelamong(m): 1:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
iterator25: where is this in lagos?

ok.. make dem snap Iyanoba - Alaba make we see too!
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by iterator25: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2013
berem: The road is from Mile 2 to Orile Iganmu precisely.
not bad
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2013
feelamong:

ok.. make dem snap Iyanoba - Alaba make we see too!
Don't even mention that road. it's a total calamity and eye sore! angry
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by DerideGull(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
I guess the alleged pictures of Lagos infrastructures are authentic. If not Lagos or Abuja, where else?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by BabaAlabi: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2013
Only one picture?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Rossikk(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Certainly looks like a solid rail line coming on course there. Nice pic op.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by deor03(m): 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
What is the attaraction for people to sell things close to rail lines in Nigeria ?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by amarilo: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2013
Dem never finish y people don dey Shiite for rail track. Meanwhile that's not orile to mile 2 in real life. Wetiooh wet in make this two rail line priceless?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by dridowu: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
Yep, Lagos is Working but my fear is i doubt if ds project will be completed b4 Fashola tenures end in 2015 , wc means another New Gov will commission it
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by DoffMan2: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
deor03: What is the attaraction for people to sell things close to rail lines in Nigeria ?
You never see anything. They use the rail sleepers for firewood if wooden, and for construction or fabrication if concrete or metal.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by bloggernaija: 2:30am On Sep 26, 2013
Brick by brick
We shall build the future odua nation.
Track by track ,the links will be forged.
Block by block ,we shall clear the slums and convert them to parks and nature reserves
Our ancient cities shall become a living museum and witness to our past.
We will remove the barriers at the border with our brothers and cousins in Benin,Sierra Leone , and Togo
THE EMPIRE SHALL RISE AGAIN.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by ifyalways(f): 6:09am On Sep 26, 2013
Orile Iganmu. Abandoned project as at last week. Touts sit on the rails to smoke.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 26, 2013
That's a Federal Government /EcoWas Project Orile Mile 2 Environs, I got a little contract there on the CCECC part of the deal.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2013
Impressive!
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by ochukoccna: 9:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Billyonaire: That's a Federal Government /EcoWas Project Orile Mile 2 Environs, I got a little contract there on the CCECC part of the deal.
Stop lying please
Does this resemble the antique rail tracks and metal coffins the FG is pushing as divideds of democracy? undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/1426341/train-experience is a nairalanders harrowing experience on one of tbem
This is an LASG project,stop claiming credit for the FG
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Boss13: 10:09am On Sep 26, 2013
ochukoccna:
Stop lying please
Does this resemble the antique rail tracks and metal coffins the FG is pushing as divideds of democracy? undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/1426341/train-experience is a nairalanders harrowing experience on one of tbem
This is an LASG project,stop claiming credit for the FG

Ecowas has taken over abeg keep quite
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Ewarrior: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Boss13:

Ecowas has taken over abeg keep quite

Bloody liar!!! It remains a Lagos state government project till dis day. Stop spreading falsehood
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2013
malc619: Nice One!!

Is this Lagos coat of arms ?
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2013
[b]Atleast, this is a lift-off for the integrated transportation program mapped for DAWN. This project would start from the extreme end of Lagos and extend far within the entire South West, linking Lagos with the other state.....According to the Lagos Master Plan, the rail would extend as far as Oshodi after this one has been completed, and would go as far as Ikeja, down to Agege, and Agbado, and the Ogun state government is already planning how it would extend as far as Abeokuta. When the rail plan was been implemented, there was a joke that from Mowe-Ibafo, one would get to Badagry or Oshodi within an hour or less...and this will soon materialize.
And for the f00l calling this a federal government project, you never cease to amaze me? Point to ONE single world-class project by the entire PDP GEJ lead government? Just ONE...And for those thinking this will fail, time will shut you all up.
Eko Altantic is progressing.
The light rail project is progressing as well.
Eko is progress.
The enemies of Yoruba land are stuck like sigidi grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by sEyi6: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2013
I think it's a lagos state project, there is a part where the rail track is raised as high as 4meters. It's a good plan.

deor03: What is the attaraction for people to sell things close to rail lines in Nigeria ?

Some Nigerians actually need serious orientation and iron-hand. Any opportunity to display their primitive nature, they'll always use it. I keep saying this, "anyone that is in need of a good, product or any commodity will go to the rightful place where they are being sold, if those hawkers are not in rail stations and bus-stops".
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2013
grin grin that is federal road. Though the work going on there is a collaboration between federal govt, state govt and private institutions, because fashola wants to add a BRT lane.
Its Fed govt.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by veraponpo(m): 11:17am On Sep 26, 2013
bloggernaija: Brick by brick
Block by block ,we shall clear the slums and convert them to parks and nature reserves
We will remove the barriers at the border with our brothers and cousins in Benin,Sierra Leone , and Togo

I wish I can learn these words of yours by heart and keep them perpetually in my brain. I know Gov Fashola coined those words though but the way you put it here really brings a deeper meaning to it. We shall also bring our brothers in Kogi (the Kaba and Okun people), those in Edo(Akoko Edo) and Itshekiri people in Delta, it will be the biggest family in Africa-United Oodua people.....

1 Like

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by veraponpo(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2013
i did not include the 95% people of Kwara who are also Yoruba
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by tubolancer(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2013
I fall into pieces,this is fantastic.
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 26, 2013
bloggernaija: Brick by brick
"brick by brick"?
But when its about a certain GEJ it must be "building by building". Shameless hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by Abok1(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"brick by brick"?
But when its about a certain GEJ it must be "building by building". Shameless hypocrites!

Yes, when it comes to GEJ, it must be building by building. In fact, considering the amount of resources at GEJ's disposal, it should be city by city.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by fr3do(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Yes o
no man's land is growing for all of us to inhabit.

smiley
*runs out of thread*
Re: This Is Lagos, This Is Ambition, This is Priceless. by ebbymayox(m): 12:43am On Oct 04, 2014

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Continue To Defend Nigeria’s Territory With Our Blood — Nigerian Army / Picture: Stupidity Of PDP In Advertorial Management / Photos: Catholic Bishops Visit Pres. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.