Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Oddities Of The Present Day Elites As Regard Education In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Oddities Of The Present Day Elites As Regard Education In Nigeria. (821 Views)

The Present Strike May Last Up To 5 Years If FG Remains Adamant - ASUU / She Needs Help As Regard Uniben Clearance / You Want To Study Abroad: Free Education In Europe And South America ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Oddities Of The Present Day Elites As Regard Education In Nigeria. by Krisddon: 2:18am On Sep 26, 2013
Down with the awful and disgusting feelings that come with fever, emanating from the rise and fall of my expectations as regard ending the ongoing ASUU strike and in my docile house sitting and having some kind of tête-à-tête with my inner man as i number my plights not just as a student but a citizen of Nigeria.
When i was a young boy back then in school i wasn't only taught, i also read little of Nigeria's history, those that fought for her independence and one thing i really love about the whole thing was their zeal, selfless services and how they formidably strived and harnessed one another's efforts to ensure that the Nation was emancipated from the hands of the colonial masters. This was done irrespective of tribes or any other differnces, that's why such heroes as Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Sir. Ahmadu Bello, just to mention but a few, are still forever young in our memories.
As at the late 70s, things were still relatively much better the Economy was functional up untill 1985 when the exchange rate was 0.894, ₦1 to 1USD. The poverty rate was even lower than 30% which is the other way round today. Agriculture as even highly regarded, as it countributed to the bulk of the country's revenue but with the romance between the federal government and oil at its discovery led to the jilt of agriculture as it was now looked at, as an old "woman". The Education sector was equally erudite. Infact, Nigeria today, is the shadow of the then Nigeria going by the present realities. I was reading a page posted here on Nairaland and i equally confirmed through the source, where the acting minister of education was quoted as saying that "for education to be revived, toes must be steped on" that left me so aghast! I see this as politicking with the Education sector and toying with the future of millions of youths who are struggling to pass through schools. So invariably, there are hands holding the education sector bound and for such invincible but yet visible hands to release the captive, its toes would be steped upon and who knows? Maybe the retribution of such action could be more severe than what we are facing now. How could it be that in all sectors of the Economy, there are cabals? Even in the Education sector? This is certainly alarming! Who are these cabals? The Education sector is incontrovertibly in the state of shabby and dangerously precarious and needs herculean efforts to rivive it. I share the same view with the Niger State governor who lampooned the appointment of the present "Oga at the top" in the ministry of education for conspicuous reason which every one knows. I wouldn't go deep or into details as i adhere strictly to the posting rules". So what i am saying is that it's high time these cabals gave way for the needed development as no country develops more than its educational development or standard. Often time i hear in the news of huge amount of borrowing by the government to finance some projects that are not even near third or second to education, going by the scale of preference. So if truely the government can't finance education or meet ASUU's demands, why can't it borrow if it is really committed to eradicating illitracy in Nigeria and spuring the country's development? Believe me, without investing in human capital development, Nigeria is going no where even in 2030. If the leaders have the county at heart, they must change their cabalism attitudinal display! The few elites have benefited alot and it's enough, the youths are angry. If i don't get education from my government, what else can i possibly get from her? Is high time the leaders realised that if the great heroes and founding fathers of Nigeria had done what they are doing today, they wouldn't have had the smiling faces to enjoy what they didn't labour for, they should know that wealth without labour is a crime. No wonder nemesis has caught up with some of them today in London. If the leaders can change, the younger ones will be a little bit eased of this monumental burden. The change starts with them, they really need to make laws and strictly adhere to them as examplified by China and Saudi Arabia if Nigeria would ever be a better place. Though there's no country without some sort of corruption or their own unique cabalism but not as scandalously high as Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Know If He Really Tried In This 2013 Jamb.(photos) / UNIPORT Basic Admission list for 2013/2014 Is Out /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.