Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares (4921 Views)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati / Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by wellmax(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2013
As the asset forfeiture case involving Chief James Ibori, continues in London, the British Crown prosecution has denied suggesting that the former governor of Delta State owns 30 per cent of Oando Oil.

Giving evidence yesterday, while under cross examination from QC Krolic, James Ibori’s counsel, detective constable, Peter Clark, stated: “Your honour, Mr. Krolic should use the correct statement used by the prosecution…The crown has carefully chosen their words; it may well not be correct to say that the crown said Mr. Ibori owns 30 per cent of Oando.”

On this, Krolic said: “Your honour, I recall Mr. Bailey, counsel to Oando, asking the prosecution to withdraw what she said about Ibori, owning 30 per cent of Oando. If my learned friend (Wass) Sasha, did not allege that Mr. Ibori has 30 per cent share in Oando, there would have been no need for Oando’s counsel, QC Bailey, to be sitting here in the court.”

The judge, Anthony Pitts, trying to save the situation, said: “The prosecution did not suggest that Mr. Ibori owned 30 per cent of Oando.”

Relying on the sudden turn and retraction from the prosecution and confirmed by the judge, Krolic said: “It appears that there are those that are involved with the media that have concluded that Mr. Ibori had 30 per cent of Oando. If, in fact, my learned friend (referring to the crown prosecutor), Sasha Wass, did not say or mean that, the media should be corrected.”

At the start of the confiscation hearing last week Monday, some media houses in Nigeria, relying on Reuters News Agency’s report, copied and published verbatim the story, which allegedly said Ibori had 30 per cent equity in Oando, which has now been denied by the British Crown prosecution at the ongoing asset confiscation hearing.

In his reaction, Ibori’s solicitor, Jonathan Epelle, said: “It is very unfortunate that the media have been sensationalising this case, which has, in many aspects, since it began on Monday, opened up a lot of hidden facts that have been misrepresented in the public glare.”

After the court returned from the 10 minutes break, following the confusion created as a result of the British Crown Prosecution retraction of statement, linking Ibori to 30 per cent ownership of Oando, the court could not continue with the day’s proceeding and had to adjourn.

Also at the hearing, the British Investigating Officer, DC Clark, was forced to admit that he had been unable to establish any link between funds, originating from Delta State accounts into any account owned by Ibori or any of his associates.

It will be recalled that DC Peter Clark, the British police financial investigator in this case, admitted, under cross-examination, that the prosecution used Mr. Gohil’s forged documents, ledgers and backdated letters to prosecute Ibori.

Source

and http://thenationonlineng.net/new/we-didnt-say-ibori-owns-30-per-cent-of-oando-says-british-prosecutor/
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Darejyde(m): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2013
This Brithish guys, are they High? angry
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Ajuora: 8:30am On Sep 26, 2013
Ibori should remain there for life.
Btw,are this ppl like nija? Do they also take bribe.

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by ogb5(m): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2013
Let me not say anything here before they decide to focus on me.

They used forged documents to nail Ibori, if I say anything now, they can simply forge documents showing that i own NNPC and as such responsible for the subsidy scam.

4 Likes

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by psucc(m): 8:38am On Sep 26, 2013
The truth is like the sun, no matter how dark a night may be, it must surely rise.
We are waiting.
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by georjay(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2013
NA THE EFFECT OF JUJU BE THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......NA JUJU OOOOOOOOOOOOOO/.....IBORI DON DO JUJU O

HW THEY GO TAWK SAY NA FORGED DOCUMENTS.....CHAI

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by aspabay(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
Now where are all those who have been calling Tinubu all sort of names?

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by wellmax(m): 8:40am On Sep 27, 2013
aspabay: Now where are all those who have been calling Tinubu all sort of names?

I tire oo

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Mcweber(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2013
Juju at wrk
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by naptu2: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2013
georjay: NA THE EFFECT OF JUJU BE THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......NA JUJU OOOOOOOOOOOOOO/.....IBORI DON DO JUJU O

HW THEY GO TAWK SAY NA FORGED DOCUMENTS.....CHAI

grin
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by LagosBoi2(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2013
all of urna wey don yarb Jagaban on this matter

oya make urna begin dey apologize, shaperly

2 Likes

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by yomalex(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2013
wale tinubu and bola tinubu are related only by name
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by 3ace(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2013
some media houses in Nigeria, relying on Reuters News Agency’s report, copied and published verbatim the story, which allegedly said Ibori had 30 percent equity in Oando,
Nigerian journalists, una see una lives?

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Omexonomy: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2013
psucc: The truth is like the sun, no matter how dark a night may be, it must surely rise.
We are waiting.
may be that is why fashola is apologising to the igbo people.
Simply put.
THEY TALK AND ACT BEFORE THEY THINK

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by pappilo(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Topic is misleading. The prosecutor did not retract any claim. It was an debate over who said what with the prosecutor maintaining that she never issued any statement about Ibori owning 30% of OANDO. This is not a retraction.

2 Likes

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Omexonomy: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2013
Is tinubu the person been probe and prosecuted.
Jagaban house boys it shall be well with you.
aspabay: Now where are all those who have been calling Tinubu all sort of names?
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Omexonomy: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Is tinubu the person been probe and prosecuted.
May be i do not undestand what was be written.
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by aspabay(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Omexonomy: Is tinubu the person been probe and prosecuted.
May be i do not undestand what was be written.

If you are bereft of information, why not ask?
On the initial thread about this story, all the haters of Tinubu for no cause (like your crazy self), said all manners of things about Tinubu, while in fact Wale Tinubu is diffrent and not related to Bola Tinubu. But of course you don't care, you just open ya mouth and say rubbish. If you wanna be jagaban boiboi, go to Bourdillon and apply. onye oshi

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by khamas19: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
...Lobatan.....Please let Oando be....
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Pattey(m): 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
I smell Nigerian connections. . . 'Wuru wuru' to the answer don start grin

They wanna change the case in Naija style. . . Naija I hail thee wink

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Fazhy: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
It will be recalled that DC Peter Clark, the British police financial investigator in this case, admitted, under cross-examination, that the prosecution used Mr. Gohil’s forged documents, ledgers and backdated letters to prosecute Ibori.

Does that mean Mr James Ibori was wrongly convicted? I need an answer plsssssss.

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Codedeben: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
wey those people wey dey yan rubbish before.
Thats what i thought. After thinking through their intestine and talking through their anus, they'll find it difficult to come and retract their senseless comments.

I heard them ranting and calling Tinubu and Ondo all sort of names. Dont understand why we're just so quick to judge. Post any thing on nairaland and even the least innocent Nigerian (Someone whose ways are corrupt than the accused in the topic) would push blames and pass judgement.

If to say na one naija guy be the prosecutor, Nna mehn! Dis whole field would have been filled with words like "cowards, yes they are cowards, their tribes are known for cowardice". Cos i know this is borne out of the case OANDO filled against them.
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by Brimmie(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
No One FVCKS With JAGABAN!! undecided
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by BLS1: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
They are covering up each others nyash.... I am not surprised that this so called retraction come from the NATION newspapers which we all know Tinubu owns... even the way the journalist wrote you can see his preoccupation was not the juicy case but making sure we disbelieve that Oando has anything to do with Ibori.. I mean read the story it seems more like an Oando press statement, clowns!!

Thieves covering thieves, simples.

1 Like

Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by GenWOJUOLA(m): 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Who no fear Ibori, neva come this world... Niger Delta juju @ work here!!!
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by tefund(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
[
damn!!
Re: IBORI: British Prosecutor Retracts Claims On Oando Shares by tnktosin(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2013
IBORI na man oo, ogidigboigbo
U dey look am e dey go oo, ogidigboigbo.
Make I pause 4 here grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Official Inec Results From Osun So Far""""""PRESIDENTIAL / Ministerial List: PDP Submits Preferred Alternative Ministerial List / Graphic Pictures Of People Killed By Herdsmen In Agatu Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.