Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

#ournass Protest To The National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ournass Protest To The National Assembly (1693 Views)

APC Rejects Benue South Rerun Result, Protest To INEC Office (photos) / Biafra Protest To Hit Calabar / Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2013
@elnathan At the National Assembly. We will not be let in. Addressed the crowd about rules of engagement. Peaceful.
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@signetseal
#OurNASS: One march, five demands. 1) A comprehensive breakdown of their budgetary allocation of N150 billion for 2013.

@signetseal
#OurNASS: One march, five demands. 2) An account of the N1 trillion received since 2005 before the next recess in December.

@signetseal
#OurNASS: One march, five demands. 3) Demand our reps must be reachable! Nos, email addys& physical addresses of their constituency offices

@signetseal
#OurNASS: One march, five demands. 4)
ALL voting records on ALL constitutional amendments. Nigs have a right to know how their reps voted

@signetseal
#OurNASS: One march, five demands. 5)We demand the attendance list for each plenary be made public. Pix shw empty chambers on plenary days
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
"@blcompere: We have about 200+ young folks out in the scorching Abuja Sun ready to ask #ourNASS."
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@cchukudebelu
The Nigerian legislature is a metaphor for "privilege without responsibility", what have they done? #OurNASS
@cchukudebelu
It's not too much to start by asking both houses to present detailed accounts of expenditure - what did they do with the money? #OurNASS
@cchukudebelu
Although I couldn't make it to the #OurNASS protests I support the move to ask questions about legislative excess. They are part of govt too
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pandriod: 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
[size=38pt]Foolish people wasting their time.[/size]
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
^^^^ pls no one should reply that guy. Silence is the best answer
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
@C_A_Lawan 5m
We are barred from entering the national assembly and these guys claim they represent us? #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Promhize: ^^^^ pls no one should reply that guy. Silence is the best answer

noted
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pictures aren't uploading cry
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Oga Seun, wher ar d mods, ar they sleeping or wat?
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@nicholasibekwe
A detachment of policemen in a pickup van just arrived. They're keeping a safe distance from the protesters. Lagos #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2013
RT @obamirinda Join us now at Oyo State house of assembly complex gate inside the state secretariat #Ibadan Ask #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ribadu is in support

@NuhuRibadu
Yes, we need transparency and accountability in all sectors. I support full disclosure #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
@Marutsy
Good to see ordinary, young, working class people here..making sure their voices r heard! #Lagos #Alausa #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
@famuyideolawale
Where is APC #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
I hope #ourNASS are there!!!!! This cannot go on, they cannot be removed from the situation of things in Nigeria, how can they be earning 33 million in a month!! This is unjustifiable
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
@Marutsy
A mock parliamentary session being enacted here on the steps at the Lagos House Of Assembly #Lagos #Alausa #OurNASS

1 Like

Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@9ja_Boss
"@Uche143: Our legislature remains the highest paid in the world! Our professors the lowest! ENOUGH !#ourNASS #NigerianDream"
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
@famuyideolawale
Where is senetor saraki #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
@nicholasibekwe
Protesters at the Lagos #OurNass protest are holding a mock plenary session. They just resolved to cut their pay to N18k. Lol #Creative.

1 Like

Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
No info for PH
Titiluvly:

OK...Following...
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
@WilDeji
House of assembly members attempted to divide the group by requesting for reps. We've insisted on a grp address. #OurNASS #LSHA #Lagos

1 Like

Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
pheesayor: @WilDeji
House of assembly members attempted to divide the group by requesting for reps. We've insisted on a grp address. #OurNASS #LSHA #Lagos
They will throw everything at the protesters, including bribing those leading it

Mods please, front page!
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by harmless011: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
I am in full support, how i wish i reside in abuja would have join the protest.
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by Akanbiedu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
pandriod: [size=38pt]Paid people doing their job.[/size]

Fixed
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Even after repreated calls for front page attention, the mods have ignored this thread. And you call it Nairaland but ignore something like this that will make Nairaland (Nigeria) better.
SMH
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
@gbengasesan
They've spent N5.2 billion per bill in 2 years! CBN Governor says 25% of Federal Government’s total recurrent expenditure spent on #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@tee_hidee
Politicians on twitter who are supposedly fighting for d masses are curiously silent 2day. 2mrw, they will resume with GEJ must go. #OurNass
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@omojuwa
A study has shown that the National Assembly can run on N25bn/year. That leaves N125bn extra for #Education #OurNASS
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ASAG001
How I wish our legislators and lawmakers will embark on an indefinite strike without pay ...#OurNASS. Can't fit shout..-_-..
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
@dreamygiorgi
#ourNASS #Abuja had a huge turnout. I'm certain our reps are gradually getting the message that it isn't business as usual. Glad I marched
Re: #ournass Protest To The National Assembly by pheesayor(m): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
‏@MrEnclave
The police sent to watch us has slept off. #OurNASS Lagos cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Association Of Dead Nigerians. (ADN) Only For The Dead Pls. / Chris Ngige Murder Case / My Advice To Gej Now That The Rebel Governors Are Gone To Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.