Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37337 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by God2man(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
mabell: Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef

Great. I am aiming 90%, because 10% is too small for the work of Evangelism, church planting, taking care of the workers in the church, paying Electricity bills, and also for other misclleanous expenses in the church.

God bless you.
God2man.

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by nora544: 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
God2man:

Great. I am aiming 90%, because 10% is too small for the work of Evangelism, church planting, taking care of the workers in the church, paying Electricity bills, and also for other misclleanous expenses in the church.

God bless you.
God2man.

You work also that your Pastor can have his private jet, that he always hads full pockets with money.

In my country we pay between 1,1 % and 1,5% from our salery what we get and the pastors can live and the workers in the hurch will also get payed and our pastors teach in the schools religion and have no time to drive big cars like in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
^
In brief, this is not your country dear... smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
With all ya tithe blessing, how come no naija christian can produce common pencil, everything na China wey no dey pay tithe. I thank God that after i realized tithe fraud and stop being involved in it either as a payer or collector, i've been able to appreciate Christ's more n more, i now know dat God is nt a trader, everything i av is bc of d finished work of Jesus, i ave lovely wife, a set of lovely twins + one, all doing well in school, peace, i preach never collected tithe and lives are blessed, am bold to speak the truth bc no man pays me. I live freely and appreciate ppl more seeing Christ's work in every human being. Non payment of tithe has help me to know God more. He is not 'if you give me i give you' God. Glory be to his name!

22 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135: ^
In brief, this is not your country dear... smiley
not his country indeed. Naija no dey carry last for things like collecting... I feel you bro.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
lol... Wont be surprised if you try to put words in my mouth. Like, its not new.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
nora544:

You work also that your Pastor can have his private jet, that he always hads full pockets with money.

In my country we pay between 1,1 % and 1,5% from our salery what we get and the pastors can live and the workers in the hurch will also get payed and our pastors teach in the schools religion and have no time to drive big cars like in nigeria.
these are our compatroits me know them, na them spoil our contri o.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
anibi9674: Pastorkun u r misleadin pple by tellin dem 2 disobey d word of God. For d fact dat some pastors r missappropatin d money givin 2 dem by dia members or over emphasizin d tithe issue iz nt a criteria 4 xtians nt 2 pay tithe, u shud channel ur writeup 2 y r pastors over emphasizin d issue of tithe more dan GODS moral standard. Thank u.

Kindly quote one single scripture in the bible that instructs Israelites talkless of of christians to tithe of their monetary income without twisting scriptures.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
God2man:

God bless you.
God2man.

This 90% tithe jargon is a popular lie tithe collectors say to their followers to further deceive them into parting with a larger percentage of their income.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This 90% tithe jargon is a popular lie tithe collectors say to their followers to further deceive them into parting with a larger percentage of their income.
e b like say dat guy na one of them tithe collectors.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by PastorKun(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
ashieduplus: I have stopped tithing recently. Earlier this year, a thorough study of the bible showed me that many teachings in the Church (especially pentecostal are wrong), tithing included. My suspicions were confirmed when I stumbled upon Olaadegbu's thread on tithing. Other errors include tongie speaking, special anointing, first-fruit offerings, e.t.c. I thank God for people like frosbel, candour, goshen, shemidemi, and enigma. (even ola for starting the thread). The responses of bidam, jo and company where also helpful: their circular arguments and evasiveness pointed me to the truth. As of tis moment I am no longer "pentecostal", though i occasionally attend rccg.

Olaadegbu you see you are doing more damage to the tithe doctrine with your ill constructed lies and fabrications to support the tithe lie. You may not know it but God is actually using you to release brethen from this false man made doctrine. smiley

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by God2man(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tithe has been in existence before Pastor kun was born, i do not understand why he is hell bent on destroying church doctrine.

@Pastor kun, give us names of churches that have stopped tithing.

Up till now, the following churches still copmly with the tithe doctrine: MFM FOUNDED1989, CAC FOUNDED 1930, REDEEMED 1952, WINNERS 1981, DEEPER LIFE 1973 and more churches.

So, who is Pastor Kun to come to this forum fighting like a wounded lion that TITHE has been abolished from the same Bible that the founder of these churches read, not only study but fasted, prayed, and had encounter with God.

The truth is, if all these churches are wrong, then Pastor kun must Have a re-think.

I rest my case on this thread, as i have done for the other thread.

God bless you all.
God2man.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Another testimony is dat i'm greatful to God to live to see d day when hard hearted, stiff necked,, unrepentant, uncompromising war ready tithes collectors moved from "you rob God", "u r cursed with a curse",if don't pay tithe, u'll nt smell heaven, Devourer will finish u, things will b tight with u etc etc to "tithe is not by force", tithe is not compulsory,. GOD DOES NT NEED TITHE TO BLESS U, tithe does nt take you to heaven etc etc. This is d bigest MIRACLE, for a tithe Boko haram to change their heart is VERY BIG. God bless all tithe collectors for this shift, hopefully they will move to the next level of NO MORE TITHE. Haleluah. Praise God.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
God2man: Tithe has been in existence before Pastor kun was born, i do not understand why he is hell bent on destroying church doctrine.

@Pastor kun, give us names of churches that have stopped tithing.

Up till now, the following churches still copmly with the tithe doctrine: MFM FOUNDED1989, CAC FOUNDED 1930, REDEEMED 1952, WINNERS 1981, DEEPER LIFE 1973 and more churches.

So, who is Pastor Kun to come to this forum fighting like a wounded lion that TITHE has been abolished from the same Bible that the founder of these churches read, not only study but fasted, prayed, and had encounter with God.

The truth is, if all these churches are wrong, then Pastor kun must Have a re-think.

I rest my case on this thread, as i have done for the other thread.

God bless you all.
God2man.
RCC, CHURCHES OF CHRIST, JW ETC ETC DONT COLLECT TITHE AND ARE DOING VERY WELL.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by plaetton: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Perfectwazobia: Ready your Bible, 10% of your income belongs to God. You are are a false pastor trying to abuse the mind of people against God.
I pity your family because you may not reap the evil fruit alone. How many people have you bring to the knowlegde of Christ.
If you don't want to obey Bible must you look for followers. In the name of christ stop this, even Abraham payed tithe.
Ask the Holy spirit to give you understanding...Bewarned pastorkun! A dog that will be lost will not hear the beckoning of the owner!!!

Wow. A direct threat from a tithe fraudster

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by plaetton: 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
idnoble135: Truly hilarious responses. grin
My testimony goes thus, ever since i joined NL, there have been fierce arguments.
I have read countless anti-tithe threads.
It has forced me to study and study more on the subject.
And my eyes were open to see light, and to see some salient points that i was never taught and never heard.
And now, i have confidence from the Word that tithe is God's will for us.
Thanks to all anti-tithers that forced me to study for personal discovery.
Somebody shout halleluyah! smiley

What about taxes? Do you also pay all your taxes when due?

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by plaetton: 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
truthtalk: I am a man of principles
I only believe in things that work
I've tried tithing and it worked for me
So I will stick to TITHING!
So for you, tithing is a form of juju?

5 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by plaetton: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ray McBlue: Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day.

And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time.

But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money. grin

It's like a virus the eats up people's brains.
Lol

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by plaetton: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
nuella2: I have always known that tithing was right but reading threads on nairaland made me even more convinced that tithing is an eternal principle in the Kingdom. special to Image, Ola etc, going through their threads on tithing brought so much knowledge and enlightenment to me. I tithe more now bc of nairaland amazingly. Glory to God!

How interesting.Tithe collecting pastors on NL convincing that tithe was a good thing. But of course,did you expect them to shoot themselves in the foot?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mabell: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
@idnoble135,
God's Wisdom

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by alexleo(m): 5:29am On Sep 27, 2013
plaetton:

Wow. A direct threat from a tithe fraudster
plaetton:

How interesting.Tithe collecting pastors on NL convincing that tithe was a good thing. But of course,did you expect them to shoot themselves in the foot?

You have no business in this discussion. You need Jesus first. If tithe was what pushed you into atheism and now you ve heard people who are tellling you that giving tithe is not important, what we now expect from you is a testimony that you are now ready to serve God since tithe is not compulsory as you use to think. Without accepting Jesus into your life, any other contribution you are making here is a waste.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 27, 2013
mabell: : Awesome.
I do 20% of my tithe now
I plan to do more sef
God2man: Great. I am aiming 90%, because 10% is too
small for the work of Evangelism, church
planting, taking care of the workers in the
church, paying Electricity bills, and also for
other misclleanous expenses in the church.
God bless you.
God2man.

sad
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by fyneguy: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2013
Thank you Pastor Kun for showing me why I shouldn't tithe.

"I have stopped UNTITHING as a result of your revelation" grin

Kunle, please go and give your life to Christ before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:07am On Sep 27, 2013
fyneguy: Thank you Pastor Kun for showing me why I shouldn't tithe.

"I have stopped UNTITHING as a result of your revelation" grin

Kunle, please go and give your life to Christ before it's too late.
another tithe collector, oyel well is in danger o, police, i sabi them vandals- na kun, gosh, emmbassey, drumma, fros, no catch them o, just beg them to keep mute!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Zikkyy(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2013
I see cec crew who have been hibernating logging on to NL to support their pastor's main source of cash inflow. well done pastor kuns, for helping Seun reactivate some dormant accounts smiley

christemmbassey:
another tithe collector, oyel well is in danger o, police, i sabi them vandals- na kun, gosh, emmbassey, drumma, fros, no catch them o, just beg them to keep mute!

Not tithe collectors, just Joagbaje's boys and gals.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2013
alexleo:

You have no business in this discussion. You need Jesus first. If tithe was what pushed you into atheism and now you ve heard people who are tellling you that giving tithe is not important, what we now expect from you is a testimony that you are now ready to serve God since tithe is not compulsory as you use to think. Without accepting Jesus into your life, any other contribution you are making here is a waste.
true talk. Jesus will accept u, n dat will b d bigest testimoney. C'mon don't b shy, Plaeton.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by anibi9674: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Kindly quote one single scripture in the bible that instructs Israelites talkless of of christians to tithe of their monetary income without twisting scriptures.
leviticus 27 vs 30-34 deut14 vs 22-25 matt23 vs 23 malachi 3 vs 8-10 gal 3 vs 10
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by ashieduplus(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2013
^^^^@ annibi

Galatians 3vs 10 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 debunk the current tithing practices... The Deuteronomy passage in fact tells d Israelites to eat their tithe. Besides, there were 3 different tithes so which one are we practising now...
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2013
anibi9674: leviticus 27 vs 30-34 deut14 vs 22-25 matt23 vs 23 malachi 3 vs 8-10 gal 3 vs 10
this is y sm pl write jamb n waec more than 10x n still fail. Pls bro reffer to Kun's questions again, but this time, think VERY HARD b4 u answer.

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by truthtalk: 10:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

How many fold returns do you get on your monthly tithes if it works for you?

You may not instantly get the picture unless I give a little background to it. When I heard of the tithe issue in church, I was at first skeptical but, with study on the scriptures given by the Pastor (Gen. 14:20, Gen. 28:22, Lev. 27:30, Num. 18:21, Deut. 12:6, Deut. 14:28, Deut. 26:12, 2Chr. 31:5, Neh. 10:38, Neh. 12:44, Neh. 13:12, Mal. 3:10, Matt. 23:23, Luke 18:12, etc), I realized that it was a function of Divine Revelation.

The first man that was revealed in the Bible to have paid tithe was Abraham (Gen. 14:20). He did this to Melchizedek (a form of the Holy Spirit - without father nor mother, ...) - a principle that worked for him. This incident took place long before the law of Moses was introduced. The law only continued on its principles...

The part of my testimony is that, after studying the subject of tithing, I decided to try it out. After all, faith is the response of man to what God has said irrespective of personal opinions or existing circumstances. So, I paid a tithe (10%) of my monthly Salary, and that month was extraordinary for me, as I received monies from people I didn't even know. I strongly believe that God was proving to me that His word works and is trustworthy if I respond to it in faith.

Prior to this time, managing my salary to meet with monthly demands was very challenging and I was struggling. After the first month of paying my tithe, I continued; ever since, I have had my salary increased four (4) times, with promotion, and I can comfortably meet the demands of the month.

Thank God for the revelation of the Tithe Principle.

TITHING REALLY WORKS!!!

7 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2013
If really it's true drummaboy was sacked as a church worker because of the tithe( i pray he is lying anyway maybe to generate sympathy and disciples grin) then it's rather a pathetic pity that the kind of mushroom churches we have these days are just private enterprises.

No one taught me to tithe,it's a revelation i had in the light of scriptures,believers should be encouraged and persuaded in scriptural truths and not bullied in God's vineyard.I would advise drummaboy to find a church where he could grow in the knowledge of the truth of God's word.If you tithe let it be between you and God not the pastor,if you don't tithe no wahala.Every one that comes to God is not a cast away.It is such a shame i am hearing this issue from drummaboy. undecided
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by DrummaBoy(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2013
Bidam: If really it's true drummaboy was sacked as a church worker because of the tithe( i pray he is lying anyway maybe to generate sympathy and disciples grin) then it's rather a pathetic pity that the kind of mushroom churches we have these days are just private enterprises.

No one taught me to tithe,it's a revelation i had in the light of scriptures,believers should be encouraged and persuaded in scriptural truths and not bullied in God's vineyard.I would advise drummaboy to find a church where he could grow in the knowledge of the truth of God's word.If you tithe let it be between you and God not the pastor,if you don't tithe no wahala.Every one that comes to God is not a cast away.It is such a shame i am hearing this issue from drummaboy. undecided

Well, Bidam, it is true. My wife is broken hearted about it but the positive side of it all is that it is helping her to listen to what I have been saying all along on tithing.

The long and short of our debate here is that no one should be forced to do anything with their own finances. Unfortunately my church doesn't think so. Bidam, the church is not mushroom O, its one of the biggest churches in Ibadan.

Ps: To be fair to the church I work in d children's dept and the excuse ws that I shouldnt teach d children nonsense. But I heart that I may be sacked from my other workstations too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Reacts To David Wilson's Sex Video / Thousands Storm Adeboye’s Crusade In Bauchi (Pictures) / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.