Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37328 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
@ mko2005 and Olivertwist, I have seen that both of you have hardened hearts and don't mind twisting scriptures to establish falsehood.

Every scripture on tithe you will ever need and every explanation has been given, but you have ignored it deliberately.
Compare what you just did, Olivertwist, (beating your chest because you gave 25,000) and what the Pharisee did in Luk_18:12 I fast two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all my income.' and what Paul said here Eph_2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
So it is about money doubling and multiplication? You think your financial increase is tied to the fact that you tithe?
See where this doctrine of tithe has taking you to, back straight to the Law! You forgot that the law could not save anyone, that's the reason for grace.

I will not explain further, If you are interested, read through the scriptures I've previously posted.
The grace of the Lord be with you. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You can say the scripture lies if you like ! But i ask you,how many times did you see Melchizedek after the first tithe he collected tithe from Abraham ? Show me another time he appeared in the bible then i will show you another time he collected tithe ! You have not even bothered to ask urself how come Melchizedek appeared just once and one of the first things HE did was to collect tithe and you are here saying tithe should be thrown away ! The only three things Melchizedek did was to bring out bread and wine,blessed Abraham and collected tithe !
Jacob has already been blessed by God but bein man that he was,he decided to enter a covenant with God becos HE knows God does not break covenants ! See below scripture to show you clearly that Jacob has already been blessed by God before he vowed just to seal it with God :
Genesis 28:12-15''He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. There above it stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
See also below scripture to show you that it was after the above blessings that he vowed to tithe :
Genesis 28:20-22 ''Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord[d] will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.” He was already blessed before the vow but as human that he is,who knows God don't break covenant,he decided to enter the covenant ! Trust God to be faithful with HIS words not to talk of covenant ! I can on my own count it as an error on the part of Jacob for not believing on the words of blessings of BABA,but trust he is human and what do you expect !
When Hebrews said Jesus is the priest according to the order of Melchizedek and if you want to understand what that means just go check out what Melchizedek did in Genesis 14 and you will under stand what Jesus did and is still doing in the body of Christ today !

I reiterate according to the word of God. TITHING IS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEW TESTAMENT !

GOD HELP US

No amount of colour will make Tithe a new testament doctrine.

Abraham gave Melchizedek tithe from war spoils. No single record that he tithed of his own farms or animals. why do you overlook that fact?

So in your thinking Melchizedek should have been waiting by the city gate every harvest period to collect tithes? He's not hungry. Abraham gave him tithes from war spoils as a mark of honour.

Show me where Abraham tithed from his farms, animals,gold or slaves and i'll agree with you

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
I don't think mko2005 actually read my posts or that of any other poster.
Seems like you are on a mission to preach falsehood.
I used to feel that most tithe preachers are simply ignorant (because I was when I pr ached tithe) but your scheming tactics has made me believe some preachers know the truth but are deliberately preaching a lie for the sake of money and because of the greed and "yahoo yahoo" attitude of folks like Olivertwist.

Candour, God bless you for your post about helping the needy brethren. God Bless you real good. That encouragement deserve a new thread.
Even when I was in a ministry where they almost made it wrong to help the needy brethren, stigmatizing the needy brethren as faithless, I some how, had a strong passion to help some personally. Some of them today have become pastors and church leaders who are in turn helping others, because that's what they learnt. This is God's plan for the church. Acts of the Apostles and Paul's letters to the churches shows this.
Jesus himself showed it severally and especially in Matthew 25;
The ONLY emphasized giving in the New Testament is sharing with the needy, the brethren in need, strangers, our family and as many as God will grant us the opportunity to help.

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

God bless you Candour, Pastor Kun, Christemmbassey, democrazy and all who got to their Bible to learn from God's word.
How can I forget to add Goshen360. Thanks a lot.
ps: @christemmbassey, your name made me feel you worship there oh, lol
I

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
^

We thank you too for job welldone. The Lord in you in grace through the knowledge of the finished work of Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pastor Kun: @MKO
Since you tithe based on Abraham's one off voluntary tithe to Melchizedek, then you would have to agree that it's not mandatory or required for christians and a christian may decide of his own free volution if, when and how he wants to do his tithe without necessarily following the modern church formula of monetary tithing from all income.
hmm Kun ! It seems like you are coming out now ! You still call Abraham's tithing one off ! As if Jesus is one off ! And i still put it to you that if you show me any other time Melchizedek was talked about in the bible,whether 10,20 or 100 other times,then i will show you 10,20 or 100 times Abraham tithed to Melchizedek !
Concerning mandatory tithing,there is this brother who in my church when ever he is given the mic to ask if there is any one who wan'ts to tithe he will start mentioning Mal 3:9 of how if you dnt give ur tithe you rob God and and how God said one is cursed ! When ever i'm in church with my wife who is a catholic and this guy is handed the mic over to,all i do immediately is to ask my wife not to mind him becos he doesn't understand tithing as admonished before the Law and after the Law which is new testament !And i try to tell people around to dis-regard the young man becos i consider him as one who is ignorant of the tithing principle. But i've been lead to fix a meeting with him just to explain that you dnt admonish people by threatening them. Just teach them how to be appreciative to God if they are not and what Jesus teaches about tithing ! So am of the opinion that no one should be forced to give God what is HIS. It's just like giving our life to Jesus,it belongs to HIM but HE expects us to give it to HIM willingly ! In the days of Law,God can force us but in the days of grace,it is in the heart !
God promised to write the laws in the heart of the people as a prophesy of what is to come in the book of Jeremiah and in Hebrews 8:10, the writer reminded us of this once again'' This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord.I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts.I will be their God,and they will be my people.'' This was a prophesy in the days of the Law that is evident today in our lives and that is why we need not be told to tithe becos it should be in our hearts to do so ! But trust,people are still reminded to pray,praise and worship God inspite of these promises and what Christ did for us on the cross just as we have people been reminded to tithe today !
The church has no modern day formula of tithing,it's just that some of them think we are still under the levetical order of tithing just like you 'pastor'kun ! We have long returned to the Melchizedikal order of tithing since the days of the early church as shown to us in the book of Hebrews but trust,the spiritually dull still held on to the old testament Law of tithing till date !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Candour:

No amount of colour will make Tithe a new testament doctrine.

Abraham gave Melchizedek tithe from war spoils. No single record that he tithed of his own farms or animals. why do you overlook that fact?

So in your thinking Melchizedek should have been waiting by the city gate every harvest period to collect tithes? He's not hungry. Abraham gave him tithes from war spoils as a mark of honour.

Show me where Abraham tithed from his farms, animals,gold or slaves and i'll agree with you

What do you think spoils of war means ? Just to help you a little,it is not compulsorily or most definitely farm produce or live stocks but Any profits extracted as the result of winning a war i.e houses,ships,gold,silver,bronze,petrleum products,CASH ETC. See Scripture below to show you clearly from the bible what spoils could mean:
Joshua 6:18-19 “Do not take any of the things set apart for destruction, or you yourselves will be completely destroyed, and you will bring trouble on the camp of Israel. 19 Everything made from [b]silver, gold, bronze, or iron [/b]is sacred to the Lord and must be brought into his treasury.” So dnt think Abraham gave Melchizedek only toro-toro/kpe-kpe-ye or pig and grass cutter It is possible he did but not limited to that since the bible stated clearly that he gave a tenth of ALL THE SPOILS !
If you know who Melchizedek is,you will not say HE will go and stand at the city gate during harvest period to collect tithe ! This brings us to another point and questions to you; 'Were was Melchizedek before he was tithed to ? and was it during the harvest of farm produce that HE was tithed to ? and was it Abraham's FARM produce or farm produce generally that was tithed to Abraham ? Guy study your bible with understanding so you can help urself and help others who depend on you for positive knowledge !

Can you show me any where in the bible that categorically tells us not to tithe ? Dnt tell me the Law this the Law that becos tithing never started with The LAW

God bless us and goo nite
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Will TITHING give me eternal life?
What is the important of TITHING apart from as you put it blessing here on earth which is not exclusive to tithers in any case
Will my not TITHING mean I go to HELL?
Will GOD be angry with me for not TITHING? And if he will be what will be my punishment

Pls don't tell me it is kingdom principle. And if you do what other kingdom principles are there and the punishment for non adherance to those principles.

Can the TITHE Apostles help me pls?

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Candour:

grin grin

Actually in my church. Its the truth and i lie not

grin grin grin I believe you bro. Take care

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by christemmbassey(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
fr_evangel: I don't think mko2005 actually read my posts or that of any other poster.
I used to feel that most tithe preachers are simply ignorant (because I was when I pr ached tithe) but your scheming tactics has made me believe some preachers know the truth but are deliberately preaching a lie for the sake of money and because of the greed and "yahoo yahoo" attitude of folks like Olivertwist.

Candour, God bless you for your post about helping the needy brethren. God Bless you real good. That encouragement deserve a new thread.
Even when I was in a ministry where they almost made it wrong to help the needy brethren, stigmatizing the needy brethren as faithless, I some how, had a strong passion to help some personally. Some of them today have become pastors and church leaders who are in turn helping others, because that's what they learnt. This is God's plan for the church. Acts of the Apostles and Paul's letters to the churches shows this.
The ONLY emphasized giving in the New Testament is sharing with the needy, the brethren in need, strangers, our family and as many as God will grant us the opportunity to help.

God bless you Candour, Pastor Kun, Christemmbassey, democrazy and all who got to their Bible to learn from God's word.
I
thank u very much my brother, i personaly was so blessed by ur posts. I wondere, where u've been all these while. About my ID? Its Christ's-emmANUEL-bassey n nt christEmbassy, i love CEC and especially pst chris, but, i do not agree with sm of his messages. I løk forward to having more edifying moments with u. Remain blessed sir.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
m.k.o2005:

What do you think spoils of war means ? Just to help you a little,it is not compulsorily or most definitely farm produce or live stocks but Any profits extracted as the result of winning a war i.e houses,ships,gold,silver,bronze,petrleum products,CASH ETC. See Scripture below to show you clearly from the bible what spoils could mean:
Joshua 6:18-19 “Do not take any of the things set apart for destruction, or you yourselves will be completely destroyed, and you will bring trouble on the camp of Israel. 19 Everything made from [b]silver, gold, bronze, or iron [/b]is sacred to the Lord and must be brought into his treasury.” So dnt think Abraham gave Melchizedek only toro-toro/kpe-kpe-ye or pig and grass cutter It is possible he did but not limited to that since the bible stated clearly that he gave a tenth of ALL THE SPOILS !
If you know who Melchizedek is,you will not say HE will go and stand at the city gate during harvest period to collect tithe ! This brings us to another point and questions to you; 'Were was Melchizedek before he was tithed to ? and was it during the harvest of farm produce that HE was tithed to ? and was it Abraham's FARM produce or farm produce generally that was tithed to Abraham ? Guy study your bible with understanding so you can help urself and help others who depend on you for positive knowledge !

Can you show me any where in the bible that categorically tells us not to tithe ? Dnt tell me the Law this the Law that becos tithing never started with The LAW

God bless us and goo nite

Spoils of war means spoils of war. It could have been anything so you're free to squeeze anything into it. Abraham gave him from spoils of war NOT FROM HIS OWN FARM OR HERD OF FLOCK. Abraham met him when returning from war so don't lie that he gave of his farm or animals except you can prove that Abraham took animals and farm produce to the war front.

For Mosaic law of turning, it was strictly animals and edibles from the farm. Lev 27:30-33 was very unambiguous about that. If you don't know that, then you need to start your learning afresh.

In fact, I'm willing to indulge you. Assume i accept your theory that I should tithe the Abraham way and give Jesus my tithe, how do I go about it?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
olivertwist:

grin grin grin I believe you bro. Take care

And you too take care.

God bless and increase you on every side. Amen
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by rezzy: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Breegz14: you're just being mislead by a fool who calls himself a pastor you can't give GOD 10% of your income but yet you expect all the blessings and riches in the world. how do you pay GOD back for the life he has given to you beware people have gone to hell for lesser sins than this

Abeg we no invite pagan or e junior brother to this discussion oooo
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by olivertwist: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
fr_evangel: @ mko2005 and Olivertwist, I have seen that both of you have hardened hearts and don't mind twisting scriptures to establish falsehood.

Every scripture on tithe you will ever need and every explanation has been given, but you have ignored it deliberately.
Compare what you just did, Olivertwist, (beating your chest because you gave 25,000) and what the Pharisee did in Luk_18:12 I fast two days a week, and I give you one tenth of all my income.' and what Paul said here Eph_2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
So it is about money doubling and multiplication? You think your financial increase is tied to the fact that you tithe?
See where this doctrine of tithe has taking you to, back straight to the Law! You forgot that the law could not save anyone, that's the reason for grace.

I will not explain further, If you are interested, read through the scriptures I've previously posted.
The grace of the Lord be with you. Amen

Why do you think I'll want to boast to a faceless person in a forum about paying my Tithe. We are discussing about Tithe and I gave an example of how God opened my eyes about giving Tithes. I was once disobedient to God like you concerning Tithe. I use to cheat God by playing smart with my Tithe until God revealed my wrong to me. After I started giving my Tithe, I said God helped me from giving N100s as Tithe to N25000 within a short period of time.
My brother, believe me, Tithe is a SECRET Satan does not want you to understand. And you quoting thousands of scriptures in order to convince people from giving Tithes, will not work because we are giving back to God from what He has given us. Call it a vow if you like. It is completely different from giving freely. Paying Tithes does not end there. it doesn't stop us from giving to the needy in and outside the body of Christ.It is another level of faith and trust in God. Remember, Satan can quote the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. All you need is to open your spiritual eyes.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by rezzy: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
Panshow:

Are you from Israel?, God is talking to Israelites, you are a Nigerian.

Neither was any part of the bible refered to Nigerians. Why are u still using it.?

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Enigma(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
OK, time for a little fun. smiley

About this Melchizedek and the spoils business, here is an interesting comparison.

Numbers 31

32 The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep,

33 72,000 cattle,

34 61,000 donkeys

35 and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man.

36 The half share of those who fought in the battle was:

337,500 sheep, 37of which the tribute for the Lord was 675;

38 36,000 cattle, of which the tribute for the Lord was 72;

39 30,500 donkeys, of which the tribute for the Lord was 61;

40 16,000 people, of whom the tribute for the Lord was 32.

41[b]Moses gave the tribute to Eleazar the priest as the Lord’s part, as the Lord commanded Moses[/b].

smiley
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
My own fun ...coming soon!!! It will chase all these tithe teachers and put them on the run away by exposition...watch out!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
pls just leave them alone. the hear that will hear does not have to be like an elephant's.

if you tithe (play lotto) and don't get 100% they will say your sins stopped God's blessing.

stopped tithing (bribing God) for some 2-3yrs now and no devourer and only God's blessing all the way.

but I found out I spend way more than my 10% and since I do it guided by the sweet Holy Spirit, I don't grudge and I get blessed almost immediately.

no need to try to convince anyone

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2013
Demain_man: Will TITHING give me eternal life?
What is the important of TITHING apart from as you put it blessing here on earth which is not exclusive to tithers in any case
Will my not TITHING mean I go to HELL?
Will GOD be angry with me for not TITHING? And if he will be what will be my punishment

Pls don't tell me it is kingdom principle. And if you do what other kingdom principles are there and the punishment for non adherance to those principles.

Can the TITHE Apostles help me pls?
Will TITHING give me eternal life? -Tithing does not give eternal life as offering of any kind or going to church can not give you eternal life! What guarantees eternal life is accepting Jesus as ur Lord and personal savior.
What is the important of TITHING apart from as you put it blessing here on earth which is not exclusive to tithers in any case?- The importance of tithing is not to receive blessings here on earth BUT ONE OF THE NUMEROUS CHANNELS TO BE APPRECIATIVE TO GOD FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR YOU AND TO SUPPORT THE FURTHERANCE OF THE GOSPEL !
Will my not TITHING mean I go to HELL? IF you don't pray,praise or worship God does not mean you will not go to heaven. What takes one to heaven is the grace of the Almighty God.The grace enables one even to accept Christ for him to be saved.If you tithe 100 percent and continue to live in sin,if the grace does not speak for you,you are hell bound already. Tithing does not save any one but it sure shows that we love God !
Will GOD be angry with me for not TITHING? And if he will be what will be my punishment? As it's a free will to accept Christ so is it a free will to tithe.But God isn't happy as people live in sin and refuse to believe in HIS son Jesus. God has put HIS evidence of existence in the hearts of Men and has used HIS creation to also indict men(atheists)so there will be no excuse for them on the day of Judgement. This is exactly what God has done for us all regarding tithing but HE will will not punish any man for not tithing but SURE there is a reward as there is a reward for soul winners !Remember he said he that winneth a soul is wise but that does not mean those who never won souls will not make it into heaven but there is reward even in heaven for those who did the extras!
Pls don't tell me it is kingdom principle. And if you do what other kingdom principles are there and the punishment for non adherance to those principles.- It's a kingdom principle in the sense that it will never deter you from making it into heaven for christ has taken care of salvation but we all need to activate our blessing if not they will lie fallow till Jesus comes. Lazarus the poor man with sores all over his body can tell you better. He failed to activate some of these principle but he made it into heaven after all ! God's desire for us isn't to live our lives like Lazarus,wretched,battered,stinking with sore infested body and beggarly ! That wasn't what Christ died for !
The choice is yours after all why we are happy is becos we are heavenly bound !

God bless you

God help us

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2013
Candour:

Spoils of war means spoils of war. It could have been anything so you're free to squeeze anything into it. Abraham gave him from spoils of war NOT FROM HIS OWN FARM OR HERD OF FLOCK. Abraham met him when returning from war so don't lie that he gave of his farm or animals except you can prove that Abraham took animals and farm produce to the war front.

For Mosaic law of turning, it was strictly animals and edibles from the farm. Lev 27:30-33 was very unambiguous about that. If you don't know that, then you need to start your learning afresh.

In fact, I'm willing to indulge you. Assume i accept your theory that I should tithe the Abraham way and give Jesus my tithe, how do I go about it?
How do you go about what ? We are not in the levetical or Aronical days. Just tithe ! God has put it in your heart so do it ! The melchizedekal order of tithing which Christ HIMSELF received isn't under compulsion.It's a heart thing.It was not given becos of the Law says so.It was not given to curry blessings.It was given directly to Christ. There is nothing wrong to give and expected something in return just like people who fast to curry God's favour or blessings or even protection some times but in the days of Grace,God will still be faithful to HIS words. Tithe is given to show appreciation and not a kalo-kalo kind of activity !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360: My own fun ...coming soon!!! It will chase all these tithe teachers and put them on the run away by exposition...watch out!!! grin
It's good to make fun of something you do not know how to debunk using the scriptures ! Even atheists make fun of christians and God himself becos they know we are saying the truth !

God bless us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
fr_evangel: I don't think mko2005 actually read my posts or that of any other poster.

I
Forming alliance with people who supported ur opinion against the word of God can not change the scriptures. I gave you all scriptures and not my word yet it was difficult for you to debunk and instead you went ahead to judge olivertwist who only sighted an instance of how he increased his appreciation to God and how God has been faithful to him over and over and again. You dnt know how inspired i am as a result of the testimonies of oliver twist becos i'm yet to get to that level and i pray to tap into what God is doing in his life. My prayer today is that i get to the level of oliver twist in terms of tithing in the name of Jesus amen... You prayed for God's blessings ON CONDOUR for his quote concerning helping the needy and criticized Olivertwist who equally helped the needy and tithed to Jesus for the furtherance of the gospel that also includes,helping the needy,orphans,destitutes and less privileges alongside feeding of the poor and paying of church building bills.Are you not bin hypocritical ? But thank God for HIS grace on all of us.
Now to you fr_evengel,my final question to you is,since you earlier said that you are a pastor of a '20,000 or 100 congregation',let's say 100 congregation and i worship in the church where you pastor.If it's laid in my heart either by God or men (obviously not you my pastor becos you dnt believe in tithing) to bring a tenth of my monthly 1.2 million naira salary regularly to support ur ministry and you know where i work(a multinational company) Will you ask me to go away with the money becos you do not believe in tithing ? Even if you do but i insist that i'm lead to do so on monthly basis ny God,what will you do ? Please tell me the truth and be honest about this becos 'all liars will go to hell' grin

God help us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 10:17am On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

How do you go about what ? We are not in the levetical or Aronical days. Just tithe ! God has put it in your heart so do it ! The melchizedekal order of tithing which Christ HIMSELF received isn't under compulsion.It's a heart thing.It was not given becos of the Law says so.It was not given to curry blessings.It was given directly to Christ. There is nothing wrong to give and expected something in return just like people who fast to curry God's favour or blessings or even protection some times but in the days of Grace,God will still be faithful to HIS words. Tithe is given to show appreciation and not a kalo-kalo kind of activity !

God bless us

Tithe to where?

If to Christ, then could following this scripture mean obedience to tithing to Christ?

Matt 25:40
'And the King shall answer and say unto them, verily i say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me'

If i adopt this statement from Christ, will i be adjudged to have complied?

I can give you examples of the least of the brethren Christ was talking about

they are the poor, sick, naked, prisoners, destitutes etc
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 10:40am On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Will TITHING give me eternal life? -Tithing does not give eternal life as offering of any kind or going to church can not give you eternal life! What guarantees eternal life is accepting Jesus as ur Lord and personal savior.
What is the important of TITHING apart from as you put it blessing here on earth which is not exclusive to tithers in any case?- The importance of tithing is not to receive blessings here on earth BUT ONE OF THE NUMEROUS CHANNELS TO BE APPRECIATIVE TO GOD FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR YOU AND TO SUPPORT THE FURTHERANCE OF THE GOSPEL !
Will my not TITHING mean I go to HELL? IF you don't pray,praise or worship God does not mean you will not go to heaven. What takes one to heaven is the grace of the Almighty God.The grace enables one even to accept Christ for him to be saved.If you tithe 100 percent and continue to live in sin,if the grace does not speak for you,you are hell bound already. Tithing does not save any one but it sure shows that we love God !
Will GOD be angry with me for not TITHING? And if he will be what will be my punishment? As it's a free will to accept Christ so is it a free will to tithe.But God isn't happy as people live in sin and refuse to believe in HIS son Jesus. God has put HIS evidence of existence in the hearts of Men and has used HIS creation to also indict men(atheists)so there will be no excuse for them on the day of Judgement. This is exactly what God has done for us all regarding tithing but HE will will not punish any man for not tithing but SURE there is a reward as there is a reward for soul winners !Remember he said he that winneth a soul is wise but that does not mean those who never won souls will not make it into heaven but there is reward even in heaven for those who did the extras!
Pls don't tell me it is kingdom principle. And if you do what other kingdom principles are there and the punishment for non adherance to those principles.- It's a kingdom principle in the sense that it will never deter you from making it into heaven for christ has taken care of salvation but we all need to activate our blessing if not they will lie fallow till Jesus comes. Lazarus the poor man with sores all over his body can tell you better. He failed to activate some of these principle but he made it into heaven after all ! God's desire for us isn't to live our lives like Lazarus,wretched,battered,stinking with sore infested body and beggarly ! That wasn't what Christ died for !
The choice is yours after all why we are happy is becos we are heavenly bound !

God bless you

God help us

@m.k.o2005, Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. really appreciated that. I wish the tithe collectors can preach their tithe like you just described it which seems like freewill donations to me. Why do they in most cases go on and on and on about something that as you described it is not compulsory?

Why do some pastors of the pentecostal churches use phrases such 'tithe, else your life will be tight'? I am sure you have heard that phrase before.

Why can't they just tell people about this 'kingdom principle' and then concentrate on the weightier things like LOVE which encompasses all other commandments and which guarrantees eternal life just as Jesus himself told us?

You will agree with me that the reason the pentecostal churches pastors enforce tithe is so that they can continue to enjoy other peoples sweat (money) here on earth.

Remove tithe from the equation, a lot of pastors will pack up!

As for me I want to make heaven. Whether i am a messenger or boy boy for heaven it does not matter. I don't need the tithe reward! I need reward for accepting Jesus, for been a good Christian, for loving my neighbour as myself. I DON'T NEED the TITHE reward at all!!!

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2013
Demain_man:

@m.k.o2005, Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. really appreciated that. I wish the tithe collectors can preach their tithe like you just described it which seems like freewill donations to me. Why do they in most cases go on and on and on about something that as you described it is not compulsory?

Why do some pastors of the pentecostal churches use phrases such 'tithe, else your life will be tight'? I am sure you have heard that phrase before.

Why can't they just tell people about this 'kingdom principle' and then concentrate on the weightier things like LOVE which encompasses all other commandments and which guarrantees eternal life just as Jesus himself told us?

You will agree with me that the reason the pentecostal churches pastors enforce tithe is so that they can continue to enjoy other peoples sweat (money) here on earth.

Remove tithe from the equation, a lot of pastors will pack up!

As for me I want to make heaven. Whether i am a messenger or boy boy for heaven it does not matter. I don't need the tithe reward! I need reward for accepting Jesus, for been a good Christian, for loving my neighbour as myself. [b]I DON'T NEED the TITHE reward at all!!!
[/b]

Thanks man Demain,you are write when you say some pastors preach tithe for their belly just as some preach giving of any kind,appreciation of man of God and we hear people even sell prayers,sell air time for testimonies and announcement and so on and so forth. It's mere pervertion of the original plans of God. The errors of men concerning the things of God does not make those things un-true. That is why we need men who will teach people the write and godly way to do things in our various churches today.If you dnt want to be rewarded for appreciating God as in telling HIM thank you for what HE is doing OR has done in ur life,it's ur choice and no man can do anything about it but God HIMSELF WHO OWNS THIS APPRECIATION.It's Not every one that want's to be rewarded on earth or in heaven but my bible tells me that 'he that wineth a soul is wise' If i win souls for God and am declared to be wise by God,it means am foolish if i dnt win souls for Christ !
Men who are truly called by God can not pack up if you take away tithe ! Tithing according to the levetical order does not establish any man,rather it stalls the growth of men including the church becos they give grudgingly ! They give un-willingly and no man can grow by grudgingly giving ! Churches should know that no matter the kind of giving you give,be it tithe,offering,vows,pledge,helping the needy and widows etc are all to God and not man ! But men can take God's gifts for themselves. But it has been recorded for us by God in our divine automated teller machine irrespective of what the 'men of God' do with God's gifts !
I wish also those who collect this tithes for Jesus should let the people know how to present these gifts for not all gifts is acceptable unto the lord and they should actually present the acceptable gifts to the owner(Jesus)and not corner it !

God bless us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Candour:

Tithe to where?

If to Christ, then could following this scripture mean obedience to tithing to Christ?

Matt 25:40
'And the King shall answer and say unto them, verily i say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me'

If i adopt this statement from Christ, will i be adjudged to have complied?

I can give you examples of the least of the brethren Christ was talking about

they are the poor, sick, naked, prisoners, destitutes etc
What do you think Christ is doing with your tithe ? You think he will put it in the sewage and get it flushed ? Or do you also think that becos you have tithed and then you can go to sleep without affecting also the lives of ur neighbors who are in need ? It's all encompassing mate ! It's just like saying becos i have prayed,i need not to fast. Or becos i have studied the bible i need not to fellowship with other believers ! No. You have to do all these without leaving the others undone !- When some people came to Jesus and said his mother,brothers and sisters are outside waiting to see him and he asked them who his brothers,sisters and mother are ? That it's only the people listening to HIS word at that very moment are his brothers,sisters and mothers,does that now mean Christ has no mother,brother and sister ? Please let the holy spirit guide you in these words and stop fighting Christ like Paul did thinking you are fighting for God !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Demainman1: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2013
@m.k.o2005, It all comes down to our level of understanding. Jesus said that whatsoever you do to the leaset of my brother, you do to me.

Only once did the Master mention tithe in the whole off the bible and it was when speaking about the customs of the pharises. He spoke about LOVE severally.

This tells me that tithe is not important in the eyes of the Master except of course you are a pharises, then continue tithing because it is your custom.

These are the things i want to get reward for, LOVE, Accepting Christ, Helping my neighbour whenever I can,

To appreciate God, I simply thank him for what he has done for me while begging him for more since Jesus said Seek and ye shall found, Ask for bread, your father (Jesus) will not give you stone!!

THANKSGIVING IS A WAY TO APPRECIATE GOD. NOT MONEY. I WILL SIMPLY USE MY MONEY TO HELP THE NEEDY AROUND ME Just as i except to be helped when i need help. BE CHARITABLE and it will be well with your soul. AMEN.

4 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Demain_man: @m.k.o2005, It all comes down to our level of understanding. Jesus said that whatsoever you do to the leaset of my brother, you do to me.

Only once did the Master mention tithe in the whole off the bible and it was when speaking about the customs of the pharises. He spoke about LOVE severally.

This tells me that tithe is not important in the eyes of the Master except of course you are a pharises, then continue tithing because it is your custom.

These are the things i want to get reward for, LOVE, Accepting Christ, Helping my neighbour whenever I can,

To appreciate God, I simply thank him for what he has done for me while begging him for more since Jesus said Seek and ye shall found, Ask for bread, your father (Jesus) will not give you stone!!

THANKSGIVING IS A WAY TO APPRECIATE GOD. NOT MONEY. I WILL SIMPLY USE MY MONEY TO HELP THE NEEDY AROUND ME Just as i except to be helped when i need help. BE CHARITABLE and it will be well with your soul. AMEN.
See below my reply to Condour :
''What do you think Christ is doing with your tithe ? You think he will put it in the sewage and get it flushed ? Or do you also think that becos you have tithed and then you can go to sleep without affecting also the lives of ur neighbors who are in need ? It's all encompassing mate ! It's just like saying becos i have prayed,i need not to fast. Or becos i have studied the bible i need not to fellowship with other believers ! No. You have to do all these without leaving the others undone !- When some people came to Jesus and said his mother,brothers and sisters are outside waiting to see him and he asked them who his brothers,sisters and mother are ? That it's only the people listening to HIS word at that very moment are his brothers,sisters and mothers,does that now mean Christ has no mother,brother and sister ? Please let the holy spirit guide you in these words and stop fighting Christ like Paul did thinking you are fighting for God !''
How many times did Christ speak concerning adultery and divorce in the bible ! If He christ spoke just once positively or negatively about a thing,does it not go to tell you that HE has maintained HIS stance concerning that thing ! You said he spoke to the pharisees concerning tithing and i asked you why didn't HE support them on the issue of Adultery which is equally the Law ? Why did HE not support them concerning divorce and certificate of divorce which is equally law? Why did He support the 'Tax Law' ? He equally paid the temple tax that HE was not suppose to pay and made it very clear that HE isn't suppose to pay it ! Why did he go against the stoning of the adulterous women inspite of the fact that it was lawful to stone ? Why did He go against the Laws of washing of hand before eating ? Why did He support his disciples when they exempted themselves from the Lawful fasting? Now,concerning Mathew 23:23,was HE scared to tell the pharisees and scribes that they were not suppose to continue tithing that HE openly and clearly stated and admonished them to CONTINUE TO TITHE and yet HE could condemn them for other ones they did mentioned above ? Christ is not scared of anyone either in the pre-Law days,Law era or post Law period !
Mathew 23:23''“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.'' Jesus no dey fear anyman no wonder he corrected them to do JUSTICE,HAVE MERCY AND BE FAITHFUL' From the scripture above,Justice,Mercy and faithfulness including tithing were all inclusive in the Law but taken from the PRE -Law DAYS that need not to be changed but be carried out properly. And when Jesus saw that they only did justice to tithing leaving out Justice,Mercy and Faithfulness even as they present their tithe,Jesus warned them to do everything very well and never condemned any of the four !
I don tire with una abeg. After all i no dey collect tithe. Make una do as una mind tell una !

God help us
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
m.k.o2005:

What do you think Christ is doing with your tithe ? You think he will put it in the sewage and get it flushed ? Or do you also think that becos you have tithed and then you can go to sleep without affecting also the lives of ur neighbors who are in need ? It's all encompassing mate ! It's just like saying becos i have prayed,i need not to fast. Or becos i have studied the bible i need not to fellowship with other believers ! No. You have to do all these without leaving the others undone !- When some people came to Jesus and said his mother,brothers and sisters are outside waiting to see him and he asked them who his brothers,sisters and mother are ? That it's only the people listening to HIS word at that very moment are his brothers,sisters and mothers,does that now mean Christ has no mother,brother and sister ? Please let the holy spirit guide you in these words and stop fighting Christ like Paul did thinking you are fighting for God !

God help us

You're the one preaching that Jesus needs my tithe like Melchizedek. So tell me what Christ my high priest needs my tithe for if i can't give it to the needy? What is Christ doing with tithes of today?

Infact, Can you also tell me what Melchizedek used the one Abraham gave him to do? Maybe it will let us know what Christ uses the one you give him today to do since giving to the needy etc is different from tithes.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by democrazy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2013

I

God bless you too @ fr Evangel. Just to let you know that I also give my Tithe to God as an appreciation of his kindness, blessing and mercy towards me.

Let's remember that the most important thing for us all is to make Heaven. Stay bless bro.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by mko2005: 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
democrazy:

God bless you too @ fr Evangel. Just to let you know that I also give my Tithe to God as an appreciation of kindless, blessing and mercy towards me.

Let's remember that the most important thing for us all is to make Heaven. Stay bless bro.
@Democrazy,you just blew my mind ! You should have given me compliment like you did to fr_evangel na ! We tithe same way !

God bless you and may we meet in heaven in Jesus name.... Amen

God bless us all
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Tayeni(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
@mko.....please don't read anybody's write up when you r doing this......I want you to Compare different versions of d bible when doing this......use a concordance if you hv to. Compare d book of Daniel where shedrach and his buddies were thrown into fire. Where king nebuchard'( a pagan king) said d fourth man lOoked "like" d "son of God". Which was a loose phrase dt could hv meant an angel or a celestial being. Also the word "like" takes away d certainty in d statement. And even if he said so with certainty,I won't take d word of a pagan king as if it were from God.
Also I want you to compare Mathew 7:3...........d same way. Notice d word "like" was used in both places. The expression " in d order of......." also means; in similitude(after d fashion of). Paul was ciomparing d priesthood of Jesus to dt of melchi......as it were. He never said Jesus was Melchi.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by James4489(m): 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Too many brethen are suffering becos of this false doctrine and the gospel of Christ is being polluted in the process. We cannot afford to rest on our oars whilst brethen are perishing due to lack of knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Love Potions, Love Charms, Love Spells, Enchanted Love... / CAN Replies Council Of Imams And Ulamah Of Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.