Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (37326 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Elliotwiz1: is that the only point you read? I'm not here to argue about this, i just discovered i'm wasting my mb by replying You'...I've told you the truth, if you like accept, if you like refuse it, It's your choice.....you like quoting only the versions of the bible that favours you, you look blindly at the real things and focus on what favours You'...It's your choice... mal3:11="....if i will not rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of your soil...." does this ring a bell? ....tithe is being paid to someone who is spiritually higher than you, or who you consider a spiritual father...was anyone above Jesus when he was on earth? No, no one was...above the apostles?? I dont know of any, Paul did not pay because he was not a worker...he was a stern evangelism who feeds from what others give...bible passages shows that people paid tithe or what looks like tithe during the days of the apostles, the story of ananias and his wife is a clear example....you know the truth, but You've refused to accept it, You've blinded your mind from the truth, if you dont want to pay your tithe, feel free but dont preach it as a doctrine of christ....!...Walks out of the thread*
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Pistolx(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
from my observation all churches in nigeria ask for tithe,may u pple shuld open ur church dat dey dnt pay tithes and lets see how u wil cope@op

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01: Where is the sense in giving "God' 10% of what God gave you so he can open the windows of heaven to pour more unto you so the circle can continue?

Would a father expect his children to give him 10% of the 'pocket money ' he gives them so as to give them more?

Jesus preached mostly on generous giving and frown on compulsory giving.

Any compulsory giving lacks dignity and no blessing is attached to it says our lord Jesus Christ.
devil don dey capture dis one. devil knows d bible more than any human being. we must resist him and spot all d anti christ like dis one. 95% of dis site members are anti christ. all must shine dier eyez

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Novice1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
idnoble135:
I would have but....
This is a testimony thread. Dont derail. tongue
It is well o.

Lies lies lies
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hahahahahahaha i just dey laugh since, ina just dey put this tin for head as if na ina God tell say make una stop tithing. even the so called pastor way create this yeye thread self don run as him too see question way pass him power (awon aye). ena dey here dey break bottle for head while pastor way start this shit dey do sunday relaxation and laughing at you guys..........mtchewwww nigerians grin
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by gp66(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls I need a help from a good person who hv in depth knowledge of d scripture.

Can a man be saved when he pays tithe and yet unbaptized?

Does tithing means securing ur finance?

Why is it that pastors are concerned abt ur tithes and offerings bt dnt care hw u manage to get that money?

God bless us as i await ur sound replies.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by carin4u: 4:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Do we testify to sin? No we don't. Tithing is an instruction from God not to enrich the pastors, but that His work on earth may not suffer due to lack of funds. Anybody that diverts has him/herself to blame. It is not in our place to judge. God will decisively deal with the dissidents.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tom29:
devil don dey capture dis one. devil knows d bible more than any human being. we must resist him and spot all d anti christ like dis one. 95% of dis site members are anti christ. all must shine dier eyez

Sorry but who is this and how does your comment contribute anything to the discussion on ground?

Paying or not paying tithe is now what's being used to gauge who is of christ or anti?

You have no knowledge of the word, go seek the word now that you still have the chance to.

My last word to you...

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by stexsy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
this pastor kun is an agent of darkness, i believe he is send to lead people to hell pls beware of him. Tithing all d way
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pistolx: from my observation all churches in nigeria ask for tithe,may u pple shuld open ur church dat dey dnt pay tithes and lets see how u wil cope@op

you'll be shocked you just uttered an untrue statement.

Not all Churches in Nigeria collect tithes

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
THE WHAT OF TITHING?

The children of Israel were instructed to tithe their harvest (to the tribe of Levi as I've pointed out already).
They were not instructed to tithe their MONEY, as is done today.
Many will argue that that was their form of "money" back in the Old Testament, but that in itself is a lie. Read scripture below:

Deu 14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
Deu 14:25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:
Deu 14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth:
and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Deu 14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
Deu 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
Deu 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Neh 13:5 And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where aforetime they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.

Neh 13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.

Note how they are not to give their money as tithe, but to convert their tithe to money and back to what they are supposed to give as tithe, if the place to offer the tithe is too far from them

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by jambogini: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Please list the churches or congregations aside from Jehovah's Witness that dont pay tithe, i do like to visit such congregations.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
You can check hebrews 7vs1-28.. Try to check somethings there. Whether tithe was condemned or not?
Though, I know that a lot of men of God are forcing people to pay it because many are very gullible. They pay it grudgingly which has no reward. God wants a cheerful giver. If you don't understand the concept of tithes, I imploy you to do a PERSONAL study and ask God to speak through His word to you.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by prettystacy(f): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
gp66: pls I need a help from a good person who hv in depth knowledge of d scripture.

Why is it that pastors are concerned abt ur tithes and offerings bt dnt care hw u manage to get that money?

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
stexsy: this pastor kun is an agent of darkness, i believe he is send to lead people to hell pls beware of him. Tithing all d way

Have you studied tithing from the bible? I mean, every scripture and verse of the scripture that tithe, tithes, tenth, was mentioned?
If you haven't studied it, then you may not be said to be noble like the Berean brethren.
Act_17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by chy22(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

you'll be shocked you just uttered an untrue statement.

Not all Churches in Nigeria collect tithes
He did not say any lie, or the church's preach money and wealth with tithe on top of it
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Candour(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
jambogini: Please list the churches or congregations aside from Jehovah's Witness that dont pay tithe, i do like to visit such congregations.

One that is visible in all states of the federation is Church of Christ. the branches are called congregations and operate independent of one another without a central G.O. I'm not a member but i attend bible studies there sometimes.

I know like 2 more but they are not well spread.

cheers
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am yet to see any one person who believes in tithing that has disputed the scriptures I've posted thus far.

I will get to Malachi 3 which tithe preachers hold as their foundation for titihing.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
jambogini: Please list the churches or congregations aside from Jehovah's Witness that dont pay tithe, i do like to visit such congregations.

I think the catholics don't (someone said so on this thread)
Latter rain assembly don't preach tithe either
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Goshen360(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
temilexis: I am so highly disappointed that the writer did not come up with any valuable details over his claims on why tithes are not necessary. I would have been very happy if you elaborated much on reasons why we should not give our one tenth.

Read Deuteronomy 14, it tells you to EAT YOUR TITHE AND USE IT BUY WHATEVER YOUR HEART DESIRES. Read Hebrews 7, it disannulled tithing with other rituals of the old covenant.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
gp66: pls I need a help from a good person who hv in depth knowledge of d scripture.

My brother, tithe is not a ticket to get to heaven. Salvation. Is mainly based on romans 10vs8-10 and obedience continuous to God's word.
You shouldn't be gullible to some false doctrines by some false pastors. Whatsoever things that is not written in the bible are heresies and should be discarded.
There was an incident, a pastor told his congregation that "your tithes are used to build your mansions in Heaven". The person asked me whether it was true. Then I explained the reason why he should pay his tithe and I refuted all his pastor's words(heresies). You don't have to force your members to pay tithe.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by satellitedaisy: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Too many brethen are suffering becos of this false doctrine and the gospel of Christ is being polluted in the process. We cannot afford to rest on our oars whilst brethen are perishing due to lack of knowledge.

Religion is in the mind. If i decide to be giving God 10 percent of my earnings in return for his good will, for his love for me and for all he has been doing for me, I don't see how its your business. Do you know the funny thing? He is even blessing me the more cos there is always a difference any month I don't pay. So instead of discouraging people over something u have little knowledge of, use your time to know more about God and have a personal relationship with him.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Pistolx: from my observation all churches in nigeria ask for tithe,may u pple shuld open ur church dat dey dnt pay tithes and lets see how u wil cope@op

This is an indictment on those who preach and collect tithes.

I know several churches and preachers who don't collect tithes and offerings.
I know a pastor who after studying tithing in the scriptures, went back to his brethren to apologize for teaching them false doctrine.
I know a pastor who for more than a year in church did not ask for offerings or any other form of giving. His brethren became uncomfortable as they have not seen that before.
Some actually went to him to ask why he doesn't collect offerings and tithes etc.
I know a pastor who asked a member that brought his first fruit to him, to take the money back and go share with the needy.

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by honeric01(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Culled:

Full Question

I was born and raised in the Mormon Church,
went on a mission, and did everything a good
Mormon should do, including tithing. Since my
wife and I converted to the Catholic Church we still
have nagging doubts that we should be tithing to
our parish (as we did when we were Mormons: ten percent of our gross income), except that it's
much harder to do so now that we have several
children. The Mormon Church taught me that
tithing is mandatory. What's the Catholic Church's position?

Answer

Although the Church teaches that offering some
form of material support to the Church is
obligatory for all Catholic adults who are able to
do so, it doesn't specify what percent of one's
income should be given. Remember, tithing was
an Old Testament obligation that was incumbent on the Jews under the Law of Moses. Christians
are dispensed from the obligation of tithing ten
percent of their incomes, but not from the
obligation to help the Church. The key to understanding how God wants us to
give to the Church is found in 1 Corinthians 16:2,
"On the first day of the week [Sunday] each of you
should set aside whatever he can afford," and in 2
Corinthians 9:5-8, So I thought it necessary to encourage the
brothers to go on ahead to you and arrange in
advance for your promised gift [donation], so that
in this way it might be ready as a bountiful gift
and not as an exaction. Consider this: Whoever
sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap
bountifully. Each must do as already determined
without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a
cheerful giver. Moreover, God is able to make
every grace abundant for you, so that in all things,
always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work. To paraphrase: God doesn't demand a fixed
amount of money from us; he wants us to give
from the heart. If people are forced by their
church to give a certain percent of their income,
that's extortion. If they give freely and cheerfully
the amount they are able, that's a gift.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Alumnus: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
There are some questions I would seriously want any tithe advocate to answer, maybe they will win me over

1. The Bible mentioned tithe about 10 times, why is it only the one of Malachi that all our pastors preach about?
2. Is it wrong for me to pay my tithe to the poor around me if and when I choose according to the commandment in Numbers and Leviticus?
3. If tithing is as important as our pastors want to make me believe(by preaching about it every sunday even more than they preach about salvation), how come Jesus didn't instruct his disciples to pay tithe but instructed them to pay tax?
4. The disciples had some form of careers that kept them and their families going, who did they pay their tithe to and who paid tithe to them?
5. There are about 1000 commandments in the old testament, from how to worship God to how to relate with others, why did we jettison all these commands but cleave to tithe and not just cleaving to it but insisting on only the tithe of Malachi chapter 3.?
6. Even if we agree to the tithe message, does the command in Malachi cancel the ones in Number and Leviticus?
7. Abraham gave his tithe willingly without any command from God, In leviticus God commanded Isrealites to pay tithe because the Levites had not inheritance. Now, on what bases are our pastors making tithe a command even though they have jobs and businesses that could sustain them and their families?

I need answers to these because that is the same way i was taught while growing up that 3 wise men came to visit Jesus only to realise that the bible did not mention the number of wise men that paid him a visit. Am also very curious because, this emphasy on tithing started with the rise of Pentecostal churches in Nigeria, How come the Orthodox churches that were before us don't lay this kind of emphasy?

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...

2 Peter 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago and their destruction will not be delayed.
NLT

6 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
carin4u: Do we testify to sin? No we don't. Tithing is an instruction from God not to enrich the pastors, but that His work on earth may not suffer due to lack of funds. Anybody that diverts has him/herself to blame. It is not in our place to judge. God will decisively deal with the dissidents.

tithing was not given for the furtherance of God's word please.
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by bomsilaga(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
bomsilaga: I appreciate this thread cos my personal testimony about tithing is one of God's grace and love. as a young Christian, I was taught all the benefits of tithing and as it's put; I tithed faithfully.
my church later introduced serious prayers for tithe payers and that was my turning point. I went back to God for direction and was confident that God won't just destroy me for stopping tithing.

God's goodness ever since I stopped cannot be measured as I have moved from seeking daily bread to a provider of daily bread
tithing is no longer necessary just have a considerate heart and do good to all men.
thanks
haters will always hate and the blindness will only increase.

what I knw tithing does is that it increases the faith of the tither to position him to receive. what if I can have that faith to position to receive.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
honeric01:

Don't turn it into a fight, let me ask you again, who among the early christians pay tithe? Kindly help with bible reference too and pls stop quoting malachi for questions pertaining the new testament.

YOU MEAN THE STORY OF Annaias & Sapphira WAS ABOUT TITHE? Anything to support what you can backup?

How does this concern tithe?

Acts 5:1-11 New International Version (NIV) Ananias and Sapphira Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest
and put it at the apostles’ feet. 3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the
Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the
money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was
sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What
made you think of doing such a thing? You have
not lied just to human beings but to God.” 5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what
had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him
out and buried him. 7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for
the land?” “Yes,” she said, “that is the price.” 9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the
men who buried your husband are at the door,
and they will carry you out also.” 10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding
her dead, carried her out and buried her beside
her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
so why did you quote those verses? You dont even have a reason for doing what you do, tithe is giving! But in a special form, what i'm telling you is that giving is biblical!
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
Alumnus: There are some questions I would seriously want any tithe advocate to answer, maybe they will win me over

1. The Bible mentioned tithe about 10 times, why is it only the one of Malachi that all our pastors preach about?
2. Is it wrong for me to pay my tithe to the poor around me if and when I choose according to the commandment in Numbers and Leviticus?
3. If tithing is as important as our pastors want to make me believe(by preaching about it every sunday even more than they preach about salvation), how come Jesus didn't instruct his disciples to pay tithe?
4. The disciples had some form of careers that kept them and their families going, who did they pay their tithe to?
5. There are about 1000 commandments in the old testament, from how to worship God to how to relate with others, why did we jetison all these commands but cleave to tithe and not just cleaving to it but insisting on only the tithe of Malachi chapter 3.?
6. Even if we agree to the tithe message, does the command in Malachi cancel the ones in Number and Leviticus?

I need answers to these because that is thesame way i was taught while growing up that 3 wise men came to visit Jesus only to realise that the bible did not mention the number of wise men that paid him a visit. Am also very curious because, this emphasy on tithing started with the rise of Pentecostal churches in Nigeria, How come the Orthodox churches that were before us don't lay this kind of emphasy?

Actually, tithe was mentioned more than 10 times. Read my previous posts. Sometimes, it was mentioned as tithe, tithes, tenth.
There are actually 3 types of tithing. Surprisingly, tithe preachers today do not preach any of these types. In the scriptures, none was about money, none was directed to the church, none was taught as a principle in the new testament either by Christ or His Apostles.
Malachi that they use as their standard was a call to repentance made by the prophet to the priests and the children of Israel who LEFT THE LAW OF MOSES.
Malachi was a call to OBEY THE LAW; You have to read from chapter one to get it into context. The blessing mentioned in chapter 3 after tithing was the blessing attached to KEEPING THE LAW as mentioned in Deuteronomy 26.
Deu 26:12 When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
Deu 26:13 Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them:
Deu 26:14 I have not eaten thereof in my mourning, neither have I taken away ought thereof for any unclean use, nor given ought thereof for the dead: but I have hearkened to the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that thou hast commanded me.
Deu 26:15 Look down from thy holy habitation, from heaven, and bless thy people Israel, and the land which thou hast given us, as thou swarest unto our fathers, a land that floweth with milk and honey.
Deu 26:16 This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deu 26:17 Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by tunapa2009(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
What is there any law(mosaic law) during that days of Abraham? Why did Abraham gave melchizedek tenth part?
Tithe did not come through mosaic law.. This is an established truth.
The only thing am against is when pastors start forcing their members which is outrightly wrong. If you don't believe in it(study your bible like the berean christians). Though many people are too lazy to study. Some people don't the reason why they are paying tithe! Some people refuse to pay because of their selfish interest! Why some people are only following the crowd. STUDY THE WORD OF GOD WITH OPEN HEART..
Tithing is biblical and its hold.
What I expect us to now look into should be, how is the church spending the tithes?
Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by frevangel(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am not done with my WHY, WHAT, HOW and WHEN of tithing, but let me digress a bit:

For those who use Malachi 3 vs 8-10 as a foundation for tithing, here this:

Malachi was God's prophet sent to call the people of Israel and the Priests who have profaned the law and deviated from the law:
Mal 1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Mal 2:1 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
Mal 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
Mal 2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
Mal 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
Mal 2:7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
Mal 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

The "Covenant of Levi" mentioned here is Tithing. The people of Israel and the priests deviated from the laid down pattern in the Law of Moses and God sent Malachi to call them back to the law.
Using Malachi to preach tithing shows clearly that those who preach tithe do not know what it is or are simply preaching error.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here by TheSaintz: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
Do you guys ever wonder why you dont hear this phrase anymore
"as poor as a church rat"
because before the church understood giving and tithing, we were the poorest because everything we had we hoarded thinking it will make us rich
but thank God when we started just obeying like sheep and giving both offerings and tithing, that parable no longer exist
so if you ask me, what i think, whether i fully understand tithing or not, i will be very stupid to change a winning strategy
and with the way im going i will one day be giving 50% and i am not just speaking by faith here because right now i spend more than 40% on both tithe and assisting others

so ask yourself why is there more wealth in christians hands this days compare to the days of the proverb "as poor as a church rat"

very very i say unto you "only a foolish man change a winning strategy"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Love Potions, Love Charms, Love Spells, Enchanted Love... / Woman And Her Drugs At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church For Deliverance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.