Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home (33579 Views)

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them / Hearing Aids : Why Live With Deafness? Regain Your Quality Of Life Today! / 4 Pack Of Brazilian Hair Wholesale Price:n80,000 Call 07030470927 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by iamOdino(m): 8:30am On Sep 27, 2013
Ary Borges, who cares for seven tigers and two lionesses, at his family’s home in Maringa, Brazil is in a legal battle with federal wildlife officials to keep his endangered animals from undergoing vasectomies and being taken away from him. While Borges does have a license to raise the animals, Brazilian wildlife officials say he illegally bred the cats, creating a public danger.

Borges also has two lions, a monkey, and a pet Chihuahau named Little inside his makeshift animal sanctuary, where man and beast alike live together in his spacious red-dirt compound, separated from the outside world by tall metal fences and high wooden walls.

The Brazilian family is now locked in a legal dispute for the cats, with federal wildlife officials working to take them away. While Borges does have a license to raise the animals, Brazilian wildlife officials say he illegally bred the tigers, creating a public danger.

Borges says it all started in 2005 when he first rescued two abused tigers from a travelling circus. He defends his right to breed the animals and says he gives them a better home than they might find elsewhere in Brazil.

"Sadly there are so many animals dying in zoos that have no oversight. My animals are treated extremely well ... we're preserving and conserving the species," he said. "We have a great team of veterinarians. We give them only the best, but we're being persecuted."

Ibama, Brazil's environmental protection agency that also oversees wildlife, declined repeated requests for comment.

The agency is working through courts to force Borges to have the male tigers undergo vasectomies so they can't reproduce. It also wants his caretaker license confiscated and to obtain the cats. Borges appealed and the matter is pending before a federal court.

Ary's daughter Nayara Borges, 20, who grew up with the tiger cubs sleeping in her bed until they became too big, says she thinks the big cats would be mistreated if taken away, "and our family would go into a severe depression."

Her sister Uyara, 23, agreed, saying the cats are family after spending so many years with the Borges.

"At first we were scared of them, but as time went on, we saw them every day, fed them, gave them baths and water, and we started to fall in love with them," Uyara said. "We never thought we could live with such ferocious animals."

Uyara trusts the cats so much, she even allows her 2-year-old daughter Rayara to sit atop them.

Experts, however, question the Borges family's efforts.

"It's crazy," said Patty Finch, executive director of the Washington-based Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries. "It's a very dangerous situation, especially if there are young children around, they easily trigger a tiger's hunting instinct."

Finch said that "you will see people sometimes get lucky for a while, but sooner or later an accident is going to happen. You never know what's going to set these animals off because they're wild."

Instead of promoting the animal's welfare, Finch said the Borges have done the opposite.

"Breeding in captivity doesn't help conserve the tigers unless they're bred in their native habitat and there is a plan to release them," she said. "They can't get habituated to people. They're condemning these tigers to a life of captivity."

The Borges family isn't hearing any of it.

Inside a high fenced-in area where the tigers now sleep, Borges roughhoused with the animals, playfully slapping one on the flank and then leapt atop him, holding onto the animal's fur with both fists and grinning widely as the cat growled.

"My father would die or kill himself if these tigers are taken away," Uyara said. "They're everything to us, they're my brothers. We've lived with them day and night for eight years."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwidefc2wpc&feature=player_embedded

http://thestar.blogs.com/dailybeast/2013/09/the-daily-beast-tiger-whisperer-.html
http://www.egistonline.com/content/2013/09/26/are-you-scared-tigers-see-man-who-lives-7-tigers-his-family-photos

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by enigmagu1(m): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2013
I pray they feed the lion well if not ...
nairaland will complete the story in future......

35 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by lomprico(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2013
enigmagu1: I pray they feed the lion well if not ...
nairaland will complete the story in future......

DUMBAZZ!!! Does dat look like a lion to u?

18 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by chymystique(f): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2013
Aint Suprised.. Anyfyn is possible diz daiz undecided
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2013
lomprico:

with only 34 lions left in Naija I understand y he doesn't know how a lion looks

grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2013
7 fucking tigers , common Mr Brazil.... if u hate ur life so much; do u also hate ur daughters' ............

this guy is insane and should be arrested..... there ought to be laws against these excesses......

this definitely qualifies as

End Time Things......

4 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Chiidi(m): 9:42am On Sep 27, 2013
nadia_SA: with only 34 lions left in Naija I understand y he doesn't know how a lion looks

grin grin

lmao,

hey, don't insult my country okay?? That research was fake!.

I can affirm to the fact that my village harbours three lions not counting its cubs thereof.

Watch it half caste.

6 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chiidi:

lmao,

hey, don't insult my country okay?? That research was fake!.

I can affirm to the fact that my village harbours three lions not counting its cubs thereof.

Watch it half caste.
lol is my country tooo

Half caste me angry angry I dey vex
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by shachris02: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
People are now playing Daniel.

Qualifies for.....

#TeamSexkillzMustGo

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by skyscraperTM(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
my neighbour owns a lion as a pet¡

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Rexphobia(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
One day, the beast will come out

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Zonex1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Canna scared end time tinz sha
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by 3ace(m): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
All dis people wey dey keep dangerous animals as pet sef, who are they trying to impress sef? I just hope they won't regret it one day.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by maninmood(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
Spell-bound undecided. A soldier never ceases being a soldier. Future suya for the 7 guerillas grin shocked
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by skyscraperTM(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2013
lomprico:

don't mind the dude jare! the effect of commenting without readinq the topic.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Tholudee(f): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
Some people get liver sha...even at the sight of this thing I go dey piss for body
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by ITbomb(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Na those fine girls i pity
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by nerodenero: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
These oyinbos never cease to amaze me!!!How can you for crying out loud keep a wild-bleeping animal in the comfort of your homeWhoever lives by wild-animals will surely die by them-Shikena!!!

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by demolaxy: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Interesting. Will we say that they are blessed than us or we are not using our blessing well.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
And i thought i had arrived. I only have 1 Lion and 2 cheetas grin.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by nerodenero: 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
lomprico:

Blockhead!!!2 Lionesses were mentioned in the article.

8 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by kennyonthrone(m): 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lol i win soon b a tiger....ma two bros re already tigers nd will in d'same home wit ma oda siblings watz d'big deal livin wit a tiger......LWKMD!to many am nt maakin sense bt 2 some i am

Like dis post if u grab wat am sayin
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
nadia_SA: with only 34 lions left in Naija I understand y he doesn't know how a lion looks

grin grin

Ouch.
On another note, I doubt those tigers even know how to feed. Feeding a tiger milk. Chei. See how obese the thing is sef. I don't think the tiger could hunt if it's life depended on it. It's simply a glorified Tom at this point

6 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by nerodenero: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
lomprico:

Blockhead!!!2Lionesses were mentioned in the article.Shine your eyes!

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by alfredo4u(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
I hope is not like dis

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by frodobee: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Seriously, i will support leaving the animals in the custody of the aryo's, if i take the example of Chimaroke's govt in Enugu- where our Zoo was sold for an estate and our animals for Suya.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by AnOlAd: 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Were ma ni Awon leyi ke
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by MillionDollars: 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wait o! The like button isn't working o! Wld u pls try it?
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
don't mind the dude jare! the effect of commenting without readinq the topic.
you that read the report,so you didn't see where it was written that the family have 2lioness?

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by Brymo: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
Bush meat,go hunt d hunter o,datsall.
Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by deor03(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
enigmagu1: I pray they feed the lion well if not ...

Topic : (Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home)
Story: Mentions Tigers
Picture: Shows Tigers

Yet, you still think they are Lions !

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Family Live With 7 Tigers In Their Home by HezronLorraine(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Odikwa Risky.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish Bee Declared Wanted By British Government / Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd / Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.