Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? (1681 Views)

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe Shouts “we Are Not Gays!” During U.N. Speech / From King Lobengula To Zimbabwe: How The British Tried To Steal The Land. / Want To Become A Billionaire?go To Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by zomby(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
oh's! i forgot, zimbabwe doesn't have oil to offer.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Busybody2(f): 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
Sorry slightly off-topic imput

It is a matter of natural resources too but this time it's not oil, it is land. It only concerns UK because of the displaced white farmers (20% population owning 80% of the land) saga.  And they too are planning their own "shock and awe" strategy as we speak type cool
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by SeanT21(f): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2008
Zimbabwe is mainly taken over by british.

So why should US be concern?
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Blatant: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2008
SeanT21:

Zimbabwe is mainly taken over by british.

So why should US be concern?

what do you mean by "taken over"? Did USA tale over other countries where they have gone in?

No oil in Zimbabwe. period
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by darfur(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2008
america resemble charitable organisation for una eye? grin

what's in it for them? when they see a agin, they'll move. and that is perfectly understandable. i wont blame them.

hoha grin
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
Africans--- always seeking the West to save them. Shame!!!
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Busybody2(f): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ topic

At least Britain is smart enough to realise that they need to hold on to the land considering that no one is making more of the stuff.

United States on the other hand are saddled with George Bush, who cannot catch his own fart in a jar talk-less of osama. I used to like Bush, what happened? undecided
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by onyinye2(f): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2008
Zimbabwe is just a country of commotion. i mean what can the states really do to help. they already told the tyrannt to step down from office but he is still there.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Novacaine(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2008
They aint done with the Middle East and if i remember correctly Zimbabwe does not have a drop of oil
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2008
zomby:

oh's! i forgot, zimbabwe doesn't have oil to offer.

daft. Bosnia didnt have oil too.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by zomby(m): 1:32am On Jul 06, 2008
daft. Bosnia didnt have oil too.

dense. Bosnians don't look like you either.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Esss(m): 1:34am On Jul 06, 2008
@ topic

cos they stand to gain nothing.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Jul 06, 2008
@Poster, What do you mean reaching out ? The Country already gives BILLIONS in FREE AID each year to African Countries, what more reaching out do you expect ?? Mugabe already took over distribution of supplies from these countries, what more do you want to be done??
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 06, 2008
zomby:

dense. Bosnians don't look like you either.

dumbo. The somalians arent caucasian.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by deor03(m): 1:49am On Jul 06, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmm, FREE AID ?

I am just hearing for the first time that anything can be free, especially from the "west"
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Jul 06, 2008
deor03:

Hmmmmmmmmm, FREE AID ?

I am just hearing for the first time that anything can be free, especially from the "west"

well,  as ungrateful as we would like to be sometimes in Africa, the fact is the west is to thank for survival of millions of africans,men, women and children, to date. Your governments may have neglected to tell you of the trillions of dollars in Aids that have helped to prevent Africa from becoming a mass grave to date. From money that has poured in to help AIDS victims, to food, materials that continue to pour in to disaster areas and to countries like Zimbabwe were millions depend on these aids for their survival, need to realize it does not all fall from heaven and Africa is not in anyway ENTITLED to all that help.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by deor03(m): 3:04am On Jul 06, 2008
Million of dollar spent to provide " aids" manufactured in their country's by their companies; money from the interest accrued from the stolen money in their banks.

As effective as their system is, they don't see when our rulers move billions into their banks until they find the rulers useless to them.

Western government are just not intersted in Zimbabwe because they lack oil reserve.

What's the diff btw Mugabe and saddam?
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Jul 06, 2008
Well,  Regardless of what problems you have with the way the money comes and how, fact remains TRILLIONS of dollars have been pumped by these countries into Africa over decades and the money continues to keep Africa where it is today instead of allowing it decay to where it would be without. Like I said, it is easy to be ungrateful and come up with reasons for such but Africa is not ENTITLED in anyway and the many millions of people, who have been helped by such funds to date, are most often not among the ungrateful as they know what could have become of them if their fate had been left in the hands of their own  governments.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:16am On Jul 06, 2008
What makes you think Africa is not in any way entitled to all that help? How much do you think the white men have stolen (or let's say taken) from Africa/ns?
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On Jul 06, 2008
Simple, because regardless of what you think or feel of the west, legally, Africa is not Entitled to anything from the west and that is why these countries can stop anytime they choose to or want to and nothing can be done about it. In fact, here in America, people are not forced to want to contribute to causes that have to deal with Africa. They do so of their own will and can choose to stop anytime. And not an African soul can do anything about that. Same applies to people in Japan and most all of the west.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:23am On Jul 06, 2008
Well yeah that's the easiest way out.  Not just Africa, your statement can be generalized to almost any country.  In extension, I was hoping you would say that Africa isn't entitled to western aid because Africa has received gazillions of dollars from them in the past.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Jul 06, 2008
uummm, what is the easiest way out ?? What applies to all of africa? Now you have lost me
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:26am On Jul 06, 2008
You are so easy to confuse . . . are you perchance blonde? I said your statement can be generalized to just about any country. I didn't specify "countries in Africa", I said almost any country.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Jul 06, 2008
*Sigh!! Lord have mercy on us all!!! Your question was on Africa and the white man. If it was about the whole world, it would be different. You specifically mentioned Africa and the Whiteman and I focused on those. The generalization is sort of you going off topic if you ask me since this is about your answering your own question there about Africa being Entitled to Help from the west.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:36am On Jul 06, 2008
shocked shocked you are weird.

I asked you why you think Africa isn't entitled to help from the west, and I think you responded by saying it's because Africa isn't legally binded to receive help from the west. 
And I said, fine that's the easy way out and it can be generalized to apply to almost any country.  Meaning, for example, Great Britain isn't entitled to help from Canada because canada doesn't have to help great Britain.  in short, your reply was carefully crafted and slippery.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Jul 06, 2008
CH3COO:

shocked shocked you are weird.

I asked you why you think Africa isn't entitled to help from the west, and I think you responded by saying it's because Africa isn't legally binded to receive help from the west. 
And I said, fine that's the easy way out and it can be generalized to apply to almost any country.  Meaning, for example, Great Britain isn't entitled to help from Canada because canada doesn't have to help great Britain.  in short, your reply was carefully crafted and slippery.

uummm. Ofcourse I am weird and so for you to continue to try to psychoanalyze me makes me wonder if you even understand that I don't I don't think as you do.

But dude,  Canada is bound to Great Britain. 
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:43am On Jul 06, 2008
Binded by . . . . .?

If that example doesn't work for you, fine. What about Argentina and Germany, Russia and China, etc
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:45am On Jul 06, 2008
Kobojunkie:

uummm. Ofcourse I am weird and so for you to continue to try to psychoanalyze me makes me wonder if you even understand that I don't I don't think as you do.

But dude, Canada is bound to Great Britain.

I forgot to mention that I wouldn't call it psychoanalysis. I just thought your answer my question lacked good depth. Even a kindergartener could have made a statement similar to what you panted.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Jul 06, 2008
*** Are we talking of persons in the world who can claim Entitlement or something?? Cause I believe I have been on Africa not being Entitled and tried to help you understand how that argument can not work cause there is no legal binding of any sort that Africa has to requires the country to donate Aid to Africa, whether it chooses to or not. Help me understand why bring Argentina and Germany or Britain/Canadian relationship helps this debate.

I am sorry it offends you that I answer you the way I did but the answer is terribly simple here. Even a Kindergartner would know that Africa is not Entitled and so the Aid it continues to get, it gets from countries that are willing to give it but can also withdraw help if they choose to.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:48am On Jul 06, 2008
Okay good. I'm glad we agree on something.  Only boneheads would use such irrational argument anyways.  It's an empty statement at best.

Succintly, aid shouldn't be done out of compulsion.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Jul 06, 2008
If you knew this, why then ask why I would believe that Africa is not entitled to Aid? I mean you do realize that trying to argue that Africa is entitled to Aid is sort of saying that the west is compelled to give Africa Aid.
Re: How Come USA Isn't Reaching Out To Zimbabwe? by CH3COO(m): 3:55am On Jul 06, 2008
I was hoping to get you to commit another one of your classic brain farts.  I read some of your words regarding this earlier, and I find them quite obnoxious.  Especially the excessive argument about the west spending hundreds of thousands of dollars.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Rather Live In Zimbabwe? / Is There Possibility Of Donald Trump Clinching The Post Of The US President? / 2020 USA Presidential Elections: What's Your Electoral College Predictions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.