Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,900 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 AM

Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet (16842 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by jonpinjeff(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2006
I read it in Thisday Glitteratti on Sunday the 4th of June that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy Church is Planing to float an Airline, TV Station & Fast food Outlet.
Infact the reporter gave the Airline's name as Skypower Airlines [ Sounds Familiar] & the Fast Food Outlet as Dicksons. They have also recently bought the TV station Minaj.

Dont Quote me. Quote Thisday.

Dicksons
is expected to Rival the Nations Largest fast food outlet- Mr. Biggs. The Vision of Dicksons is to match and later outmatch big names like Mc Donalds worldwide.

Thisday also hinted that the Charismatic Pastor is already expecting delivery of the first batch of Airplanes.

The purchase of Minaj is understandable considering the enormous costs involved in paying for airtime on the platform of other media houses.

What are Your views on Ministry and Business or are they Interwoven?

<< Click to read excerpts from the Thisday Glitteratti. The article actually mentions Nairaland! >>
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by jagunlabi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2006
If he got all that money just from pastorship,then i should reconsider my attitude towards this very lucrative profession of religion,or more precisely,the very lucrative profession of "churchism".
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Seun(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2006
Of course, when someone is collecting 10% of the income of all the members of a network of churches, that person is going to be very very rich! And what's more? They don't pay tax on this income! Can't you hear the divine call?

How I can convince all Nairaland members that I have the right to collect just 1% of their incomes?  cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by LiquidMind(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2006
Seun 5% will be ok
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by emmie4j(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2006
U know, I love this forum and all, but it seems like each time a lot of people here have an anti-christian agenda!! Honestly, the last time, someone posted a thread blaming pastors for the problems in Nigeria. Now u have one pastor that has already employed thousands of nigerians, is proposing businesses that will employ tens of thousands more,,,,,,and all the positives u guys can see about this development is that he collects 10% of peoples earnings. WHile that might be true, dont also forget that individuals including me, made a personal,,,,,,again,,,,,,,personal decision to give this money away, and dont forget that it is also well within our rights too. Now that money has been and will continue to be used to employ thousands of Nigerians. Jesus provided food for thousands, and this guys is only following in his styeps. Until any of u starts telling me what business and programs u have opened to help the ordinary nigeria, as opposed to whining about how the government is not doing anything, then just shut up, and thank God that we still have innovative Nigerians that care about our people. Good luck to this business plans if it is true, at least I know that my tithes are going back into helping our communities even though I am so far away, as opposed to the kinds of nonsense that has been spewed on this forum about what pastor does with them.

@ Seun,,,,,I hope u will also be this actively involved sarcastically when an issue concerning muslims and Islam is being discussed. I personally feel that u consider christianity more threatning than Islam. All I will tell u is look around our world and Nigeria, and reconsider that point of view. AT lease be neutral!!!!!!

cry
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by gigitte(f): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2006
hmm i came on this thread, thinking oh these men of God, una do well oh!
but emmie makes sense, the guy is really providing jobs, but is he providing jobs with a difference? that remains to be seen. but where is the charity arm? the one were he gives a hundred and ten percent and doesnt get anything back.
i dont think the website is anti-christian, but more anti-prosperity teaching as many preachers in naija are wont to do
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Larufa(m): 8:13pm On Jun 05, 2006
Seun:

Of course, when someone is collecting 10% of the income of all the members of a network of churches, that person is going to be very very rich! And what's more? They don't pay tax on this income! Can't you hear the divine call?

How I can convince all Nairaland members that I have the right to collect just 1% of their incomes?  cheesy

Seun, u are absolutely right. They collect 10% of members income, offerings and gifts from church members and they do not pay tax. why will they not be very rich. This is the most lucrative biz now.
Where Banks, warehouses and industries are closing, new churches are springing up.

The Pastors and their wives are the signatory to the bank account.

Remember the case of two members of his church one stole money from Sheraton Hotels and other from the Treasury of Eko International Bank sometime ago and donated the money to the church.

Somebody say Halleluya. 
Hello Pastor.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by eyeruroma(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2006
I am a xtian, I mean born again xtian. I want to ask my fellow xtians on this forum this simple question. Are pastors call to ministry's of soul winning and preparing people for heaven or or business?
Enough is enough, Let spade be called spade, let Pastors leave Business for Business Men and let then face the call of God upon then.
Let then stop all this religion merchandising and do the work of the master.
Can,t this money be used to help the needy in the society?
Can,t this Pastors help the young ministries that can not afford to pay their pastors?
Are these pastors saying there are no one in their church who is in need?
Let every pastor re trace his footsteps and re focus on the Master's s job[/b][b][/b]
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by kazey(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2006
Oh its in one of my business dream. Kazey's Fellowship. The slogan, would be a cheaper church to attend. We would have free flow of hotel food every sunday, and all you need to do is dance to the music, sing praises to God, Shout Hallelujah, and pay just 5% a 50% reduction as ordained by God to me, through the holly Spirit.

God has decided to give Nigerians discount. Hallelujah !!
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by mochafella(m): 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2006
emmie4j:

Now u have one pastor that has already employed thousands of nigerians, is proposing businesses that will employ tens of thousands more,,,,,,and all the positives u guys can see about this development is that he collects 10% of peoples earnings. WHile that might be true, don't also forget that individuals including me, made a personal,,,,,,again,,,,,,,personal decision to give this money away, and don't forget that it is also well within our rights too.

@emmie4j

you rightly observed it is your right to give offerings/tithes. However if the airline/fast food outlet/tv station are run as profit-making entities then they should be taxed.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Genial(m): 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
eyeruroma:

I am a xtian, I mean born again xtian. I want to ask my fellow xtians on this forum this simple question. Are pastors call to ministry's of soul winning and preparing people for heaven or or business?[/b][/b]

What is your own call? Soul winning and preparing people for heaven or business? Or don't you think you also have a call?

eyeruroma:

Enough is enough, Let spade be called spade, let Pastors leave Business for Business Men and let then face the call of God upon then.
Let then stop all this religion merchandising and do the work of the master.
[/b]

What is the call of God upon Pastors? Are the positions of 'Pastor' and 'Business man' mutually exclusive? And while you're getting your answer ready, what exactly do you mean when you say 'Business man'?

I cannot recall where it is written in the bible that 'the work of the Master' is reserved for Pastors only. I may be wrong. Please enlighten me.

eyeruroma:

Can,t this money be used to help the needy in the society?
[/b]

Do you have any reason to suppose that the needy in the society are not being helped with 'this money'?

eyeruroma:

Can,t this Pastors help the young ministries that can not afford to pay their pastors?
[/b]

Once again, do you have any reason to suppose that this is not already being done? It is the duty of a local church assembly to support itself, much the same way it is the duty of every man to provide for his own family. Support by another ministry is not something to be 'grasped at'. . . if you get what I mean.

eyeruroma:

Are these pastors saying there are no one in their church who is in need?
[/b]

I doubt very much that anyone has even suggested so. There will always be people in need. Creating jobs and/or an avenue for creativity is obviously a better way for providing for the needy, the same way teaching a man how to fish will be of more benefit to him than giving him a fish.

eyeruroma:

Let every pastor re trace his footsteps and re focus on the Master's s job
[b][/b]

Why only Pastors? Every professing Christian needs to retrace his/her footsteps and refocus on the Master's job (if this was not already the case).
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Genial(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2006
mochafella:

@emmie4j

you rightly observed it is your right to give offerings/tithes. However if the airline/fast food outlet/tv station are run as profit-making entities then they should be taxed.

You're right about that.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by trumic(m): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2006
Christainity sucks lol grin
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by kazey(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2006
Poverty is at its peak in Nigeria, even within a church congregation. Or are you saying you dont have the poor in your church that can hardly eat?
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by blablabla(m): 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2006
religious matters are deep issues not to be taken lightly,
only God knows his own,
we must not judge 'men of God'
let's not preempt pastor chris, like the 3rd term wahala,
if BLW enters the arena of business, am sure they will be treated like all businesses, until then, keep from calling men of God names, you might mistakingly insult a real man of God and 'vengeance is mine says the Lord'
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by niyyie(m): 10:47pm On Jun 05, 2006
grin grin grin I can't stop laughing after reading this post. Though I have not posted on Nairaland in ages, I think its prudent for me to share my thought on this issue.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure-out that many many pastors globally (including Nigeria) are out to make as much money as they can. Preaching is only a means of survival for many.

If the fellow is expanding his "business empire", fine. But I seriously think that churches SHOULD BE TAXED.

It has always been an issue here in Ghana, and I strongly believe that the State can make some more revenue from this huge collections. kiss
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by debosky(m): 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
why should the govt tax churches? afterall they are supposed to tax people's incomes already, paying tithe or other money to church is voluntary, so since people's incomes are already taxed no reason to tax the churches again. but if the church is using social amenities like roads, land, power etc, they should pay for those just like any other corporate organisation. I don't believe this pastor chris story i think its baloney
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Dauda(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2006
I belong to one of the so called traditional churches and everytime I see these new kids on the block come up with stuff like this, I'm always suspicious. That does not necessarily mean this can't be a good and successful venture. I hope he surrounds himself with good minds with proven integrity in the biz world. The church has to satisfy the spiritual and social needs of the societies that they exist within. Maybe he is trying to fill the social need of his environment.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by mrmayor(m): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2006
Kai,na so money dey this Holy business shocked. I don start my own business (sic) church be dat o.
the name of my church na PAY YOUR TITHE 24/7 MINISTRIES.
No okada or danfo driver allowed.
You must legislooter,senator or governor,
You must work in bank,oil company in fact must earn at lest N100K
My pipol make una imagine wetin i go make if i get 10% of Bayelsa fund.
I get to pratice my Speaking in Tongues,that na good proof say i be man of (sic) God
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Shagari2(m): 1:01am On Jun 06, 2006
At least the dosh is not going in some swiss bank acc. if it takes someone to collect 10% of everyones salary to creat employment for 1000's of others than so be it, what has OBJ and his lot done with all the loot their stashing away!
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Moukee(m): 1:43am On Jun 06, 2006
Why won't you guys just call a spade a spade instead of using euphemisms to cloth what is outright stealing, theft, scam and obtaining under false pretence. Oyakhilome and his ilk are thieves and they will roast in hell when they die.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by GL(f): 2:40am On Jun 06, 2006
Shagari2:

At least the dosh is not going in some swiss bank acc. if it takes someone to collect 10% of everyones salary to creat employment for 1000's of others than so be it, what has OBJ and his lot done with all the loot their stashing away!

I'm sorry, but I believe OBJ is better than some pastors (this doesn't necessarily mean Pastor Chris). OBJ is there for himself, representing himself. Pastors are there representing God and many of them deceive the people. Politicians can manipulate and get away with it. Pastors should not.

I don't know what God sent Pastor Chris to do so I can't judge him. However, it seems this business stuff is a trend among Nigerian churches now. I believe that Pastors should not be involved in business. If there is going to be a business, I believe someone else should run it. But that's by the way. The most important thing is that the church should take care of its needy. Poverty in Nigeria would be reduced if all churches were doing this. In the long run, it is God that would judge us all.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by kolov(m): 3:04am On Jun 06, 2006
I got logged onto this forum thinkin it was gonna be a thing for really matured ppl 100% but am seeing somn to the contrary so i think am pulling out, am taking my wiffey too.
Am not a great fan of pastor chris oyakhilome's but i wanna ask Y'all somn especially the guy out there blabbin abt pastors being confined to there churches n leavin binnes to the binnes men.
Questions are, because a man is a pastor, shouldn't he be employed?
what makes a man a business man?
even if y'all aint gat no fear of God, doesn't common sense tell you that humans'd feel safer in an airplane run by a church?
Anyways i don't blame most people for their views but remember you mustn't reply every post on the forum.
I stayed away from naija some time and came back on a short trip but the things i saw (and i still see)made me nearly shed tears.So i got determined to invest here in this country n By God's grace i'll be offering employment to 120 people by xmas. That's what you should be thinkin about instead of sitting your black arse down in da house and having your mums or giffies work out your food and pay your internet bills and you talk shit on it.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by mochafella(m): 3:22am On Jun 06, 2006
kolov:

doesn't common sense tell you that humans'd feel safer in an airplane run by a church?

Got anything to back that up or is that just your opinion? What guarantees that an airline run by a church will be safer than any other. Are you implying they cannot have a crash because the title to the plane is owned by a church? Afterall the actions of God are beyond human understanding, so how can you guarantee that?
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by shawna(f): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2006
how the hell did he get all that money shocked. i swear all these pastors are fake angry, it seems like all they want is to get money from the congregation and use it for themselves. cry
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by kolov(m): 5:31am On Jun 06, 2006
anything about God sounds good to me bro.That's ma sense of judgement
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by Bruekeleen: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2006
mochafella:

Got anything to back that up or is that just your opinion? What guarantees that an airline run by a church will be safer than any other. Are you implying they cannot have a crash because the title to the plane is owned by a church? Afterall the actions of God are beyond human understanding, so how can you guarantee that?

thanks mochafella for that question. There is no guarantee that an airline run by a church would be safer than any other. Just about a week ago, an airline or jet operated by Rev. Pat Robinson's crashed somewhere in the East coast. What about that?
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by emmie4j(m): 6:42am On Jun 06, 2006
AGAIN!!!! UNTIL ANY OF U GUYS STARTS BUSINESSES THAT GIVE HOPE TO THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN BY EMPLOYING THEM, JUST SHUT UR SORRY MOUTHS UP WHEN OTHERS MAKE EFFORTS TOWARDS THAT ENDS. AND YES I BELIVE THAT ALL BUSINESSES SHOULD BE TAXED. NOT THE OFFERINGS IN CHURCH ITSELF, BUT BUSINESSES OWNED BY CHURCHES
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by emmie4j(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2006
Bruekeleen:

thanks mochafella for that question. There is no guarantee that an airline run by a church would be safer than any other. Just about a week ago, an airline or jet operated by Rev. Pat Robinson's crashed somewhere in the East coast. What about that?

SHOW ME THE PROOF PLEASE. ANY LINKS?
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by wills(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2006
I certainly will not join you guys in having roasted pators, Chris or any other pastors in Nigeria, lets leave it to God to judge,
whats more since the voice of the Anti Christan is becoming loudest in this forum, I think like you , kolov, ,am pulling out.
kolov:

I got logged onto this forum thinkin it was going to be a thing for really matured people 100% but am seeing some to the contrary so i think am pulling out, am taking my wiffey too.
Seun i posted a thread, DA devince lies and the very next second you locked it, WHY?, if this forum is for non believers of the Christian faith to speak without any holds barred, leaving only Christian out, Then This is my very last post on Nairaland ,
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by baby4u2(f): 8:09am On Jun 06, 2006
On the last day God will judge his people. Those that have served him will be saved and those that have not will not be. Lets watch our mouths on this forum even if u don't respect others and even if u believe that some men of God are fake its safer not to blasphem. Remember everyone, the Lord has said in his word, Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. Watch your mouths please, if you don't believe oyakilome is not a man of God or is deceiving others, don't go to his church, don't give money in any form toward his ministry, don't by tickets to board his plane, don't eat in his restaurant, stay on your own period. Let God be the judge and not You. Like i'll always say no be by force na by choice. and seun can u give an explainion to Wills, cause he deserves one even if i know u feel this is ur site and can do anything.
Re: Pastor Chris Floats Airline, TV Station & Fast Food Outlet by emmie4j(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2006
baby4u2:

On the last day God will judge his people. Those that have served him will be saved and those that have not will not be. Lets watch our mouths on this forum even if u don't respect others and even if u believe that some men of God are fake its safer not to blasphem. Remember everyone, the Lord has said in his word, Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. Watch your mouths please, if you don't believe oyakilome is not a man of God or is deceiving others, don't go to his church, don't give money in any form toward his ministry, don't by tickets to board his plane, don't eat in his restaurant, stay on your own period. Let God be the judge and not You. Like i'll always say no be by force na by choice. and seun can u give an explainion to Wills, cause he deserves one even if i know u feel this is your site and can do anything.

kiss

Nuff said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heaven Helps Those Who Can't Help Themselves, Not The Other Way Round / Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived / Lightning Strikes Rwandan Church And Kills 16 Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.