Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (30891 Views)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / Shoprite To Open Its Sixth Store In KWARA Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Italiano1: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Efikman: My observation in this forum is that immature yorubas always like poking the ibos. An innocuous thread such as this should not elicit tribal rants but the yorubas here often us it as an avenue to ridicule other tribes esp the ibos. If i may ask, apart from Lagos which is former capital, can these bigots point to me any other city in the southwest that rivals other parts of the east such as Enugu, Asaba and Uyo?

Efikman, miesere, have you had your dog meat and shots this morning?

You are a biased intermediary - that is if you are not ibo yourself lying to be Efik. Have you read the numerous threads where ibo people said Shoprite was closing down in Ibadan? Yourubas like "poking" ibos? You must be having a laugh! The only reason why they have not descended on this thread is because this is embarrassing and debilitating news for them- they call Ibadan a dump, yet investors are investing and expanding their operations at the expense of the SE.

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by adconline(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2013
Dallas Cowgirl:

While you're viewing things with your ofakasibe bigoted glasses
You are caught up in traffic at Ojuelegba junction, while I'm on HOV..you are on Bajaj powered speed while on Supersonic speed.. We can never meet.. Keep wallowing on ignorance while folks are making their accounts look like phone numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Italiano1: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
igbo2011: Shoprite is owned by white South Africans. Is this really progress?

http://www.forbes.com/profile/christoffel-wiese/

Many big industries in Africa are ran by whites. We are still slaves just in a different way

Would you be giving us these wonderful economic analyses if they were expanding in Enugu? Of course not! When Econet and MTN came into Nigeria, who owned them? Black Jews? Abeg waka far my friend

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

It is our towns, we can have mud houses anywhere we like. Stick to your villages and stop keep showing your face where you were not invited.

Like I said, those mud houses are our heritage, our stories and history. Before you know it, UNESCO will make them heritage artifact that must be protected. More money from UN for maintenance and protection of those rare olden days artifacts and more money for our govt to spend. Hve jut broken it down for u, if your brain capacity could not come to terms with it.
If i want to see Unesco i go to Oshun state not ramshackle mud structures occupied by Sweaty, dirty, charcoal skinned yoriba women churning pots of Ewedu with household brooms or old shrivelled yoriba people chewing on gworo kolanuts and ghemu-ghemu gambling shops...All in the middle of Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: We are not paying to the local savages but to the Govt who inturn will use it to improve infrastructures wherein our biznesses are based thus attracting more customers to our businness.You see, at the end of the day, we make more money than our Yoruba brothers ,give a pittance as tax to the Govt and REPATRIATE/DEPORT/EXTRACT the bulk of proceeds back to our homeland for development and Jolification.

This is a civilized land that brought civilization to your barbaric forefathers, so no savages in our land.

The repatriation of your pittance money is reflected in the backwardness of your region and daily migration of your able bodied men , leaving your land more than desolate than before.

You will continue to work your ass off to pay tax to our govt and for us to organise owambe. Pele omo Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by striker9(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
Italiano1:

Efikman, miesere, have you had your dog meat and shots this morning?

You are a biased intermediary - that is if you are not ibo yourself lying to be Efik. Have you read the numerous threads where ibo people said Shoprite was closing down in Ibadan? Yourubas like "poking" ibos? You must be having a laugh! The only reason why they have not descended on this thread is because this is embarrassing and debilitating news for them- they call Ibadan a dump, yet investors are investing and expanding their operations at the expense of the SE.

Ignore him,he pretends as if he doesn't know what has been going on.The Ibos were happy on that thread that Ibadan shoprite has low patronage and might be closed down.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by michealade(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2013
deols: good development.

that first shoprite is too far from my house. I hope the new one is close by .

Havent even entered the shoprite. Anyone knows what it is like undecided
enh,it looks like aunty sikira store.lol!just jokin its cool nd guy u nid to see d one dey r buildin at ringroad....its huge
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: If i want to see Unesco i go to Oshun state not ramshackle mud structures occupied by Sweaty, dirty, charcoal skinned yoriba women churning pots of Ewedu with household brooms or old shrivelled yoriba people chewing on gworo kolanuts and ghemu-ghemu gambling shops...All in the middle of Ibadan.

Those women you are referring to, living in those mud houses, used their sweat to send their children to school, they do not have stand in Mokola like shinyere or develop into kidnappers robbers or selling of fake drugs, all in the name if building duplex with blood money.

There is dignity in legit money bro, and staying in mud house with contentment and happiness.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by adconline(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Folks are busy strategising on how to package their products and supply to Shoprite.. yes, they have local content policy.. lazy folks are here talking about useless things..get busy and sell something to Shoprite!
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Italiano1: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: If i want to see Unesco i go to Oshun state not ramshackle mud structures occupied by Sweaty, dirty, charcoal skinned yoriba women churning pots of Ewedu with household brooms or old shrivelled yoriba people chewing on gworo kolanuts and ghemu-ghemu gambling shops...All in the middle of Ibadan.

How are you Ichidodo aka Dozzybaba aka Osinachukwu aka Shineke shall give us victory with 200 cutlasses

The same Osogbo that attracts more international tourists than all the SE combined together. In fact, what will tourists go and do in the SE? You only have international visitors from the WEST for 2 reasons:

1. International film makers looking for the most ecologically devastated and erosion ravaged areas to depict their stories- they have a lot of options in alaibo

2. International financial investigators conducting their investigations in conjunction with EFCC etc.

You dont even know that Ibadan is not in Osun stae and you are glaringly exposing your ignorance. You should ask millions of your brothers who emigrate to Yorubaland on an annual basis.

To you, if people are not engaging in crime and drugs, then they are not successful people. You will die of your jealousy and bigotry., while the SW is enjoying FDI, the SE is buying cows for Ofenmannu governors with the scarce resources in Alaibo. Una no get shame for body

10 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by Kcfun(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Omo ibadan kini show? so sure ni..
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

This is a civilized land that brought civilization to your barbaric forefathers, so no savages in our land.

The repatriation of your pittance money is reflected in the backwardness of your region and daily migration of your able bodies men , leaving your land more than desolate than before.

You will continue to work your ass off to pay tax to our govt and for us to organise owambe. Pele omo Igbo.
I am always happy to feed lazy yoruba people, is it not one Nigeria? I pay my tax and my bizness enjoy its benefits via the wonderful infrastructures on ground while our unemployable yoriba agemates are queuing up for state stipend which they will use to host Owambes and establish numerous broken homes from where Agberos and Almajiris are raised thus the vicious cycle continues.....

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by naptu2: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2013
Below: Kingsway Department Stores Ibadan at christmas time in the 1970s.

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by StateOfMind: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2013
django1:

There's always the slack and peak periods for all businesses. Probably you went there in the slack period of the day or week but compared to the large crowd that patronised them in the opening weeks one might form the opinion of low patronage, but its only a natural thing. Ibadan needs like 4 shoprite to spread about if they really mean to make money.

Presently there is too much competition for retail business in Ibadan, with shoprite, foodco, feedwell, wimpy etc operating large shops, it is common sense that people will go back to the closest one to them, people in iyana church cannot be expected to be coming to dugbe just to buy stuff, they'll rather go to their local market or the next big retail store closest to them.

Very true. Even though idishin, where I stay isn't very far from dugbe . I personally don't see myself going to shoprite from my end when I can shop conveniently at foodco in jericho. So I don't expect someone staying in bodija, challenge, UI or iyana church as you said going all the way to heritage mall regularly cos of shoprite, except of course they have something else to do in the mall.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by naptu2: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by superstar1(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2013
ichidodo: I am always happy to feed lazy yoruba people, is it not one Nigeria? I pay my tax and my bizness enjoy its benefits via the wonderful infrastructures on ground while our unemployable yoriba agemates are queuing up for state stipend which they will use to host Owambes and establish numerous broken homes from where Agberos and Almajiris are raised thus the vicious cycle continues.....

Ibo people only employ ibo people and they are usually underage apprentice. We all know that. Stop deceiving urself that you are feeding anybody. We are your master , so pay your tax and shut up and face your underage boys and your 2 by 2 inches shop business.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by naptu2: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2013

Ibadan Mall is being developed by the Persianas Group (Tayo Amusan) which also owns The Palms Mall in Lagos, the Polo Park Mall in Enugu and the Kwara Mall in Ilorin.

Shoprite will also be the anchor tenant at the Ibadan Mall.
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by naptu2: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by teoo: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2013
I tot they sed no business moves well in ibadan? Stupid people. Na like that dem Cari rumour say kfc don close down. So anoda shopryt on d way ba ? I rep ib. Ring road dis tym .

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan by ichidodo: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2013
superstar1:

Your argument is devoid of logic. Do better. You feed our children while we have been feeding the whole of alaigbo since 1967 till date and even into foreseeable future. Can u see your stupidity
its obvious you ve been owned thus your arguments have been absurd and pointless. Too much ofenmanu with Amala is dangerous to the brain, i suggest rehab.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol Selling For In Your Area? / Dangote Refinery: Bailing Out The Unbailable - Investment Or Bailout? / Inside Osun's Revived Cocoa Factory, Ede, Osun state. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.