Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,939 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:55 AM

NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President (16636 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / Unbelievable: NANS ''honours'' Buruji Kashamu (photo) / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Davo93(m): 9:13am On Sep 28, 2013
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) wishes to inform the general public that it now has a new Senate President. His names are Comrade Nyanabo Maxwell from the University of Port Hacourt, Rivers State.

He replaced late Donald Onaukwogwu who died in a ghastly motor accident while on his way to the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State sometime in June. The Senate sitting where Nyanabo emerged as Senate President took place on the 27th September, 2013 at the University of Portharcourt, Rivers State. The new Senate President is the current Students’ Union President (SUG) of the University of Porthacourt, Rivers State (UNIPORT).

In a related development, the Deputy Senate President of NANS, comrade John Shima has been impeached by his colleagues for gross misconduct, financial misdemeanor and an act capable of tarnishing the image and integrity of the revered association. Shima, a student of Benue State University, Markurdi was also banned for life from participating in all NANS activities.

Amongst the allegations leveled against John Shima are but not Limited to the underneath:
-That John Shima called for a Senate sitting in Portharcourt, and before the commencement of the sitting, absconded having discovered that his evil plans and secrets have been revealed; thereby abandoning in the process, Senators that came from virtually all tertiary institutions across the country for the sitting,
-That John Shima colluded with some character-riddled former NANS leaders to collect from the Rivers State Government, of the sum of N24million to stage anti-President Goodluck Jonathan mass protest in Portharcourt,
-That John Shima, having discovered that his secrets have been revealed to the no-nonsense NANS National President, Comrade Yinka Gbadebo, sent some men of the under world to eliminate him (the President) after paying them the sum of N1.5million for the hatchet job,
-That John Shima, has for months before now, been parading himself as the Acting Senate President of NANS despite yet to be inaugurated to act in that capacity,

Meanwhile, after the impeachment and decimation of John Shima from office, NANS Senators unanimously elected Comrade Henry Mark from Benue State University as their new Deputy Senate President. The sitting was observed by the NANS President, Yinka Gbadebo and virtually all the members of his executive council.

The Senators at the end of their sitting called on the Federal Government and the members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to for the sake of tomorrow’s leaders whose destinies are being delayed and future being ruined by the ongoing industrial action embarked upon by ASUU, meet and resolve their dispute in order for their ivory towers to be reopened for academic activities.

Source

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Davo93(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2013
Can i say we are already in a NANS new dawn that has long been craved for??
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Chaleeee: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2013
This Amaechi guy sef!!

3 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
Lies.

3 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by shugacaneman: 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
NANS is slowly turning to another political party, maybe PDP

3 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by uthman4rike(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2013
new senate president okay
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Shugajay(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2013
grin kissCongrats Comrade Maxwel.. I wish u all d best as you serve Nigerian students..

#TeamUniport..

2 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Tunapa9ja: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2013
How can i be a member of NANS *I am seeing tinz*
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Swenzi: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
The NANS president dint mention how much he received frm Wike. Pls chop ur own shima chop him own.

5 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by gboso1ne(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
NANS itself is a tool in d hands of politicians including the president

5 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by hoodboy(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2013
But seriously, this NANS is a huge joke. It's so obvious they are on a smear campaign and we can all see who the mudslinging is directed at. Prior to this time, was the Nigerian public ever made aware of their election activities etal. They are all sycophants

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by pembisco(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2013
So they remv our david mark frm his own sit? Dis senators eh, vry corupt. So maxwel is now d nigerias senate president? Hmm wondas shal neva end. I wish him gudlock sha, i myt vote 4 him com 2015 election if he is a gud man. Hmm

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by securi: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Amaechi is just busy wasting rivers state money anyhow. The roads in ph are in sorry states, we pay heavy tax everymonth&he's busy dashing out what is meant to provide amenities to tax payers to some useless miscreants called NANS Leaders, former Speakers of House of Assemblie&others. God dey o!

2 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Cmoyor: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Am seeing tinz....
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by BabaEleko(m): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2013
[size=12pt]Of the greatest Nigerian student!!!! It's nothing to worry about, it's just the NANS faction loyal to PDP versus the faction loyal to the New PDP. Meanwhile they the same mofo who put entirety of Nigerian students on unwanted indefinite holiday.

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Donrissy(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
Mediocre grammar; "his names are".
I doubt if your substandard construction of tenses can help us call off the strike!

6 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by skyscraperTM(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
Please can somebody tell me the function of this NANS. ASUU has been on strike for over three months now and these students know nothing than conducting election and impeaching one another just to satisfy their pocket. Wouldn't it be advisable for them to Mobilize Nigerian Students Nationwide to go on a protest so this strike can be called off 'asap' but the reverse is the case here. Since they now have a national president, is he going to function and make certain decisions at the comfort of his bedroom. The problem of this nation is indeed huge.

5 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Amaechi bribe NANS 24 million Naira!

Very funny.. grin

So that it would be that Mbu was telling the truth about teargasing Rivers Teachers at the Staduim abi?

I wonder how much it cost to make these student union guys focus on education, and leave politics alone.

4 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Chinaimporter: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2013
Meanwhile, after the impeachment and decimation of John Shima from office, NANS Senators unanimously elected[size=28pt] Comrade Henry Mark from Benue State University[/size] as their new Deputy Senate President. The sitting was observed by the NANS President, Yinka Gbadebo and virtually all the members of his executive council.

[size=28pt]DAVID MARK senate president,benue state......Henry mark deputy senate president NANS BENUE state[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by holarmideh(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
You people are just useless. I seriously don't know what you are there for, I have a feeling NANS executives have been bribed.
For heavens sake, we have been on strike for almost 3months now and you are there doing nothing. And these bullocks wanna celebrate independence. Like seriously Damn...

3 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Anthony0094(m): 10:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Una suppose dy strike naa, hw cum una dy hold meetin
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Fazhy: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2013
holarmideh: You people are just useless. I seriously don't know what you are there for, I have a feeling NANS executives have been bribed.
For heavens sake, we have been on strike for almost 3months now and you are there doing nothing. And these bullocks wanna celebrate independence. Like seriously Damn...

NANS have been compromised long time ago.

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by omenka(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2013
All I see is utterly bad english!

1. What is "his NAMES are" Most annoying of the blunders.

2. What is "he replaced" Should be "replaces".

3. What is "Amongst the allegations leveled against John Shima are but not Limited to the UNDERNEATH". Think it should be UNDERLISTED.

4. What is "Character-riddled" Really don't know what is meant by one's "character" being "riddled".

5. What do they mean by "DECIMATION
of John Shima from office" I mean, how is one "decimated" from office

These are the crop of brainless dolts that go out there posing as representatives of Nigerian Students. Such a shame.

Their PRO should be fired!!!

7 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by sunny63(m): 10:32am On Sep 29, 2013
U see Amaech's life?I weep 4 river state shocked,EFCC will soon visit river state,no wonder one of d demand of d rebel Governors is against Efcc

2 Likes

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by LMAyedun(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2013
They should take several seats abeg..
Trash.
Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Articul8(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2013
Don-rissy:
Mediocre grammar; "his names are".
I doubt if your substandard construction of tenses can help us call off the strike!

Sir,may I knw why that grammar is incorrect and what is the correct one?

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by somtea(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Most of us are corrupt,all we lack is opportunity undecided

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by alphaconde(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2013
I thought they had infiltrated the national assembly, but my question is that if theese guys are already into this kind of business what will happen if they turn to main stream politicians?

I weep for them and dem household. As for me and my family we will serve the lord, who is the creator of heaven and earth.

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by somtea(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
holarmideh: You people are just useless. I seriously don't know what you are there for, I have a feeling NANS executives have been bribed.

they are doing something na, abi to take sides with govenment against ur own teachers na yam??

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Brimmie(m): 10:47am On Sep 29, 2013
All I Know Is That These Mofos Aint Repping ME!!

1 Like

Re: NANS Elects Senate President; Imposes Life Ban On Deputy Senate President by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2013
It's time for NANS to have two factions. long overdue!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Awards 231 First Class Degrees / UTME: JAMB Arrests Cyber Cafe Operators For Selling Information To Candidates / Invisible Teacher By Dele Ashade For Jamb Use Of English ...where Can I Get It L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.