Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers (8104 Views)

Buyers Of Cassava tubers / Buying Gold In Ghana And Selling In 9ja. / Buying And Selling Repossessed Cars And Foreclosed Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2013
ONE of the complaints of many cassava farmers in the country is that of cassava glut, which many believe is one problem discouraging large production of food and cash crops in the country. Some farmers are also of the opinion that there are not enough buyers for cassava tubers, even if they produce the crop in large quantity.
For example, a cassava farmer recently narrated to some other farmers that he decided to abandon cassava farming for other crops because he lost thousands of naira from hectares of cassava farm, when he could not see a buyer that would pay for the matured tubers at the right time. The farmer, who is now a maize and yam farmer, further lamented that the few people that wanted to buy the tubers at that time offered him ridiculous prices and that actually discouraged him.

“I was disappointed and embarrassed at the ridiculous price, offered to me by the buyers. I just thought that the best thing to do was to abandon the business because there was no encouragement from cassava tuber buyers.

“The buyers would dictate the price for cassava farmers and if you don’t control your temper, you fight them. There is little or nothing any cassava farmer can do, so it’s better to look for something else and that was what I did at that time. Thank God, I didn’t regret,” he said. However, do you know that you can still make more money from cassava farming or processing business? The truth is that you don’t have to depend on cassava tubers alone to make it in cassava business.

Cassava sticks unknown to many farmers, is another money - spinner. Investigation conducted by Tribune Agriculture revealed that elite or educated farmers are exploiting this opportunity whereas many indigenous or peasant farmers are not looking towards that direction. Rather, they often burn cassava sticks instead of converting them to money.

But one ton of garri equals 833 measures and a measure of garri is sold for between N150 and N160 in the market today. So multiplying 833 measure in one ton of garri with the selling price (e.g. N150) gives you N124, 950.00.If you sell the cassava tubers raw without processing it, you can make between N8,000 and N10,000 on a pick-up van loaded with the tubers.

Converting a pick-up van loaded with the tubers into garri will give you N65,000. Assuming cost of processing the tubers into garri was N30,000, the remaining amount is your total profit. Moreover, cassava sticks can generate more income for farmers. For instance, a bundle of cassava sticks containing 40 viable sticks each cut into five pieces each would give 2,000 sticks of cassava, which can be used to plant 200 heaps.

On one acre of farm land, we have 20,000 heaps and a bundle of cassava sticks containing 40 sticks is sold for between N300 and N350 depending on location. Since one acre of land will take 20,000 heaps and 200 cassava sticks makes one bundle of cassava sticks, it then means 20,000 heaps will consume 10,000 bundles of cassava sticks during planting season.
if you have not started making money from farming cassava is the best answer for you download the book below for details about the planting space,fertilizer to use,how to prevent disease outbreak,and the type of cassava stem that mature in months,how to process garri on a large scale and modernize way,and how to make money from starch...etc

http://animalfarminc.com/cassava.pdf

2 Shares

Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
is there nobody doing cassava plantation or processing here lets rob minds what are the challenges you are facing
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by oderemo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
Thanks for your brief above, pls contact me at atenifarms@yahoo.co.uk so we can rub mind together,
We are into big production of garri and cassava plantation. And eager to learn more from fellow farmers.
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by kentochi(m): 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Plan to start by next year cheers.
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by okans1: 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
where can i sell garri locally or for export?
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by olushollys(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2013
Hi all, I'm happy to see this thread today , pls I'm planning to go into cassava processing (garri) very soon, I will like to know how profitable the business is? @ ode-remo and dr isa I need your guidance, how much can I buy cassava rubbers and hoW much garri can I get from a pickup load etc. Pls I need all necessary info thanks
ode remo: Thanks for your brief above, pls contact me at atenifarms@yahoo.co.uk so we can rub mind together,
We are into big production of garri and cassava plantation. And eager to learn more from fellow farmers.
doctor isa: is there nobody doing cassava plantation or processing here lets rob minds what are the challenges you are facing
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Buchika: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
please do your research well before rushing to write ebook to sell, for your information 4 tons of raw cassava tuber = 1 ton of garri, do the rest of maths

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Buchika: please do your research well before rushing to write ebook to sell, for your information 4 tons of raw cassava tuber = 1 ton of garri, do the rest of maths

does this contradict what is written above
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by eminikansoso(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ Doctor Isa
[color=#990000]On one acre of farm land, we have 20,000 heaps and a bundle of cassava sticks containing 40 sticks is sold for between N300 and N350 depending on location. Since one acre of land will take 20,000 heaps and 200 cassava sticks makes one bundle of cassava sticks, it then means 20,000 heaps will consume 10,000 bundles of cassava sticks during planting season.[b][/b][/color]

from where did u get this information? that is 1 acre of land contains 20000 heaps.
a normal heap must be 2.5 feet by 2.5 feet
let see
3.33 feet = 1 meter
1 hectare =10000 meters
1 hectare = 2.471 acres
therefore 1 hectare is equal 33330 feet
1 hectare = 100 meter by 100 meter
1 hectare = 333.3 feet*333.3 feet
a standard 1 hectare of cassava farm contains 10000 heaps and an hectare is equal to 2.471 acres.
doctor Isa you are very goods and you know what you are saying but with this i totally disagree with you.
Am also cassava farmer and other food crops farmer
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by enm(m): 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
Learning mood activated
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by bfmconcepts: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
ode remo: Thanks for your brief above, pls contact me at atenifarms@yahoo.co.uk so we can rub mind together,

people should stop taking conversation to their personal box.
Share whatever information u want to share here.
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by IRIENBOY(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am in.
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by seyiphoto: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
hello guys lets get more info out there we really need to get started with cassava large-scale production grin grin grin
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Heya I lost all does 32 pages post since january...its very painful that am somehow busy now, ill resume teaching and enlightment abt agriculture back maybe later in the year...busy with farm things now...
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
doctor isa: Heya I lost all does 32 pages post since january...its very painful that am somehow busy now, ill resume teaching and enlightment abt agriculture back maybe later in the year...busy with farm things now...

Hey doctor, how do I reach you, am starting plantain plantation in Enugu next week
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
aguiyi:

Hey doctor, how do I reach you, am starting plantain plantation in Enugu next week
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
doctor isa: shoot me a mail sunmonuolawale@gmail.com

You got mail
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
aguiyi:

You got mail
I have replied you
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
doctor isa: I have replied you

Thanks
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2014
Doc you got mail
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by jephito(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2014
i will love to get more info on where to sell cassava tubers and garri here in Lagos. I want to start it in large scale next year.
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by karlxavier(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
I want to ask, are their factories that processes cassava into Garri for individuals for a fee? Just asking
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Ken4agent(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
karlxavier:
I want to ask, are their factories that processes cassava into Garri for individuals for a fee? Just asking

yes there are....one is around my area in Ibadan, Ojoo
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by Ken4agent(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2017

contact the number on my signature......hybrid suckers available
Re: How To Make Money Cultivating, Buying And Selling Of Cassava Tubers by smcotty(m): 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
okans1:
where can i sell garri locally or for export?

Kindly drop your contact, i buy in bags or call me 07064905076

the quantity I will buy depends on ya price.

(1) (Reply)

GTB Has Increased The Dollar Limit On Naira Card To $200 / What Buznes Can A Graduate Do With 100k In Nigeria.precisely Akure,ondo State. / This Week Football Draws Forecast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.