Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP (8914 Views)

Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Dear PMB, Please Redeploy Mrs Kemi Adeosun / Amaechi Pressurising Me To Free Hardened Criminals – Rivers CP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by unuane1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
The Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress have issued a 21-day ultimatum to the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, and the Police Service Commission to redeploy the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joseph Mbu, in order to avert an indefinite workers’ strike.

The NLC and TUC, on Friday, issued the ultimatum at a joint press briefing they organised to address the dispersing of 13,000 teachers at the Port Harcourt Liberation Stadium and the continued blockade of Obio/Akpor council secretariat.

Speaking during the event that held in Port Harcourt, the State NLC Chairman, Dr. Chris Oruge, explained that apart from the call for Mbu’s redeployment, the organised labour in the state was demanding an unreserved apology from the IGP and the state police commissioner for dispersing the teachers who came to collect their letters of posting.

Oruge said, “It will be recalled that Mr. Mbu Joseph Mbu has continued to lock Obio/Akpor Local Government Council Secretariat despite a subsisting court order that the police should vacate the Obio/Akpor Local Government premises and allow the workers unrestricted access to their workplace.

“The organised labour views the action of the commissioner of police as a direct challenge to a competent order of the court and an invitation to organised labour anarchy in Rivers State.

“To this end, organised labour hereby gives 21 days ultimatum to the Inspector General of Police and the Police Service Commission to address the issues raised above expeditiously. In the alternative, the organised labour will embark on an indefinite strike action.”

Also, the State TUC Chairman, Mr. Chika Onuegbu, expressed worry that Obio/Akpor council workers had not receive their May, June, July and August salaries due to the continued closure of the secretariat by the police.

http://www.punchng.com/news/labour-gives-igp-21-days-to-redeploy-rivers-cp/#comments

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by maigida231(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Gej na him do the beat oh,first of all I wanna thank GOD for keeping me alive even though waznt easy in engaging boko haram bastards since last year june till july 2013 I got a pass to come back to Civilization,many great men die protecting their fathers land in maiduguri n I sympathize with their family members in is hard n difficult time of their lives,may GOD grant dem peace n happiness,NIGERIA ARMY have been winning the battle against boko haram everyday,fight against terrorism is nt as easy as normal war were u knw ur enemies bt war against terrorism is different wen u don't knw who is d enemy u see them as normal civilians,may GOD grants us victory in jesus name,amen. May GOD BLESS NIGERIA ARMY. May GOD BLESS NIGERIA. Base on first to comment tins#

4 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by striker9(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
The mbu guy need to take a chill pill,he went to far this time around,just to please oga @ the top.

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by egift(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mbu is defecating on the constitution of Nigeria, ignoring an order from a competent court and challenging NLC/TUC - just Zoologist/Fish Farmer in Abuja is trying to perpetuate himself in power beyond 2015.

I believe God will not forsake Nigeria. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Pk001(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
Did any of you collect his appointment letter in a stadium?

Were the teachers going to work in the stadium?

I think labour missed it here. They should be chanelling their anger to Ameachi for inhumane treatment of the employees.

Is it because he is giving them Job, that he made them to all assemble in the stadium?

Ameachi had another motive, and am happy Mr Mbu dealt with the situation.

Teachers abeg know your right. You never start work you don dey suffer. Chei!!

18 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Brimmie(m): 5:38am On Sep 29, 2013
Na The CP Be Dat?? undecided See As E Resemble Godogodo!!

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by donpetros: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2013
Tins dey happen
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by petrov10: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Tink those labour stakeholders need moneeey .....

Thats d only tin dat makes em talk grin

2 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Mogidi: 7:02am On Sep 29, 2013
I see Amaechi is bribing every one and anyone to come on board his sinking ship.
Lets see how many people they can bring out on strike. You'd expect the NLC to be concerned more with ASUU strike, not a political gathering of miscreants termed "teachers".

3 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 29, 2013
This is the river state NLC and TUC not the national body, if the river state labour guys strike,it'll be to the detriment of rivers people and play into the hands of anarchists so I won't advise them to strike,there are other means they could make their voices heard
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by 4reigningqueen: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2013
... Or they will strike, right?
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Anthony0094(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2013
Naija cn neva stay a day witout a drama,
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Okijajuju1(m): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
Mbu must go.... angry

6 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by striker9(m): 10:27am On Sep 29, 2013
Brimmie: Na The CP Be Dat?? undecided See As E Resemble Godogodo!!
That's not the CP ooo,that should be IGP,Abubakar.
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by santuse: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2013
Pk001: Did any of you collect his appointment letter in a stadium?

I think labour missed it here. They should be chanelling their anger to Ameachi for inhumane treatment of the employees.

Is it because he is giving them Job, that he made them to all assemble in the stadium?

I think you are getting it wrong here, you don't expect 50 employees to go to a stadium to take employment letter, the 13,000 teachers that was employed had there orientation at different days and in batches, needed to assemble at a place for them to be addressed by there employer and the stadium is an appropriate place for them to assemble.

11 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Fazhy: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
If truly, Gov Amaechi employed 13000 new teachers. Then, he has earned his bragging right. He can even organise a rally/party to tell the world about it. Who has matched that stats in Nigeria. Please, someone tell me.

5 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by telexfree1: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2013
What's the trouble with Nigeria ?
Why can't we communicate without threats and ultimatums ?

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Seequadry(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2013

Opportunity comes but once is wat I normally hear oo...
Broz if diz kain opportunity com ur way just sit down @ home nd be claiming ur stupid right... Nd stop givin we d joblez and frustrated men diz ur mumu advice

4 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Kelklein(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2013

guy forget that one wey u dey yearn o.....
in this present state of unemployment, even if they say make people assemble for prison to collect letter..as long as they give us d J-O-B.

direct ur anger to those govt parastatals making billions off innocent jobless youths (@NA, NAF, NN, Immigration, NSCDC, Prison etc.)

3 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Brimmie(m): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2013
striker9: That's not the CP ooo,that should be IGP,Abubakar.

OK! wink Tenk!
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2013
Tell labour president to be careful else he polarized the union in the interest of these corrupt dictators! My own chapter of labour is not with you in this ultimatum. Because some1 is not comfortable with the equation on ground he wants heaven to fall- no way!
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by ENDTIMES: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2013
Let me assume those teachers wanted to protest against GEJ - the question is WHAT IS WRONG IN PROTESTING AGAINST THE PRESIDENT?

Will a protest not help a good leader know how his followers are feeling concerning his policies and so enable him to strategize better?

How many times did the Israelites protest against God and Moses and yet they were let into the promised land.

Today an MBU of a police force is dispersing Nigerians because he 'thinks' they want to air their grievances against a president that is unpopular in his first family, the PDP, talk less of Nigeria.

The only thing suppression of the masses will achieve for the president is a sudden and unprecedented breakdown of the system if little grievances cannot be allowed to keep the system in check.

Even a pressure cooker has a ventilating hole.

Mbu's insult on Amaechi is an insult to Jonathan and the good people of Rivers State.

6 Likes

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by Nuvally: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2013
The problem is not the PROBLEM, the problem is our attitude towords the problem.

If they think that Threatening to embark on an indefinite strike scares us, they should perhaps 've a rethink. You want the IG to redeploy him? DAFT!...Even lunatics 've lucid moments. Rotimi, U're dead and gone away. That dude is going nowhere!!!!!
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by PAT4HOT(m): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2013
GEJ.....distributing his fresh grin air in Rivers State...Ameachi my main man, dnt wori, God dey
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by shejane: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2013

Where else do u wat thousands of pple 2 gather? In a skul nd whch skul wil u choose dat d oda skul wil nt feel cheated
Use ur brain sometimes is necessary k
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by theoctopus: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2013
Which strike? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Noise makers! Rivers people will sooooooo ignore them, they will tuck their heads between their legs and shush!

Amaechi paid goons making noise. I pity this Amaechi and his desperate moves. He is totally on his own! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by shejane: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2013
Nd wot is stopping d IGP 4m removing mr mbu 4m river state? If nt 4 anytin let peace rain in dos co3 or d oga @d top nev sign am?

Is tym we start giving teachers respect cos der deserve it

Let peace rain pls
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by shejane: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2013
In dis war of Gej nd Ameachi only fools take sides cos der dot care abt u bt der families

So if u b fool take side
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by shejane: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2013
If mbu is d prob in river state, remove him

Let's see wada Ameachi wil find anoda reason nt 2 do his job as d gov

Enough of dis cry abt mbu
Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by chimchim1(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2013
shejane: If mbu is d prob in river state, remove him

Let's see wada Ameachi wil find anoda reason nt 2 do his job as d gov

Enough of dis cry abt mbu
If u have bin following rivers crisis u will know dt Mbu needs to be sacked or redeployed

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by theoctopus: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2013
chimchim1:
If u have bin following rivers crisis u will know dt Mbu needs to be sacked or redeployed

According to Amaechi, abi? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Labour Gives IGP 21 Days To Redeploy Rivers CP by firedup: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2013
the truth is that whether their is a political udertone or not,the teachers were dispersed and the said L.G is still under the siege of police men therefore going against a court order...lawlessness by the mbu led rivers npf

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries / Edo 2016: APGA Wants Election Postponed again As Labour Candidate Laments / We Are Still Negotiating For Chibok Girls, Sharibu, Others’ Release – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.