Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike (10094 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / What Happened To ASUU And The Called Nec Meeting? / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by ifeanyija(m): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa on Saturday appealed to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to end the ongoing strike in the interest of the students.

Mr. Lamido made the appeal when he received a delegation from the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) in Dutse.

He said it was unfortunate that the industrial action was now almost three months since it began.

The governor blamed the protracted strike on lack of trust between the Federal Government and ASUU.

“It is really unfortunate that the strike has lasted up until this time. There is no trust between the two bodies and when there is no trust it will be difficult to have a common ground.

“As a parent, I am so worried seeing our children that supposed to be in school at home.

“I am appealing to ASUU to go back to the classroom while the negotiation with the government continues,” he said.

Mr. Lamido, however, pleaded with the Federal Government to continue to dialogue with the union, even after the strike had been called off.

He said this would enable the two parties to sort out the gray areas in the dispute, adding that ASUU and the Federal Government should approach the dialogue with sincerity.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Ahmed Jibril, appealed to Lamido to intervene to end the lingering industrial action.

Mr. Jibril, who is the Vice President National Affairs, NANS, said that it was unfortunate for students to be allowed to stay at home for more than three months as a result of the strike.

He said parents and students are left to bear the consequences of the strike.

He told Mr. Lamido that they were in the state on tour of education facilities.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/145575-jigawa-governor-appeals-ASUU-end-strike.html

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by kshowhanif: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2013
1st to coment! Jooooor, but do sule lamido think he can win against gej. Dreammmmmmmer!

1 Like

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by toluxa1(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2013
I pray oo

1 Like

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2013
As a parent, I'm so worried seeing our children who are supposed to stay at school, at home'
this sentence is hilarious.
So your kids study in Nigerian public universities?
Woow lol

2 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by tolurainbow(m): 11:54am On Sep 30, 2013
Ole bird of d same Feather....Poo...
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by teeboy4x(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Lamido never see anything

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2013
My believe is that Apc is sponsoring this strike.period
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Sageez(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2013
wat did he just say? Who is talking abt trust?
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Olumidzti(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Why is everybody appealing to ASUU & not FG? Well you won't be surprised when you see that NANS visited the governor. Pair this with a previous news that NANS was trying to protest against ASUU & you get a tasty conspiracy theory. In an issue like this, we cannot despise facts & it seems that's what most people are interested in doing. Fact: FG signed an agreement with ASUU in 2009. If our government is the 'responsible & caring government' some of you claim it is, why is it going back on its agreement? I'm an undergrad & I've never once in my 5 years in school thought NANS was representing me properly.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by walad4yhu(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Same old shit jst a diff day!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by CsmuneEy(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Why should they?yes,ASUU might be pushing it and eyeing their own pockets instead of the students' interests,but i'm all for honoring agreements like a gentleman.a signed agreement since 2009 for that matter.for me,ASUU has been very patient while those air headed muhfuckas at d top are looting with reckless impunity...its hightime someone really challenged these a$$holes.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Olumidzti(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2013
VICTORCIZA: My believe is that Apc is sponsoring this strike.period
This is where it all starts, when people give comments without thinking properly. If apc is sponsoring this strike, then apc must have sponsored FG and ASUU's agreement in 2009 and then sign the memorandum for our dumb FG in 2012. Why must we introduce politics into everything? Why must politics always cloud our judgements? Start thinking properly please before it's too late.

9 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Ehen,U mean am??Pls tell us a STORY!!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2013
Fucker!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by jking001(m): 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
What's the diffrence in fees between state owned university and privately owned one?if you ask me there no much diffrence ,they re almost the same and the private univesity run their affairs based on their school fees and mind you this private universities don't have structures when i mean structures academic structure compared to the states uni, and this privare uni have to work out everthing themselves ,so my take is ,if the state universities wants a share from the ASUU benefits or subsidy as i call it then i believe their school fees should be the same with that of FG uni's if they want their big school fees then they should be independent just like private university.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Bobwalex90: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Wetin concern state university sef..gej said dey ar nt involved...rubbish!
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by imsparkling(f): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Was tinking dis strike wl end b4 october 1st. Hmmmm! We cnt help bt wait. End time strike shaaa
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Cestmoi1(f): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Our children? Don't tell me your children are studying in Nigeria unless you mean to just use the word children in order to sound like a father.Una thank u sha.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by dryakson(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
Who next will appeal again?
ASUU is deaf to any appealing of a thing
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by kshowhanif: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
As a parent, I'm so worried seeing our children who are supposed to stay at school, at home'
this sentence is hilarious.
So your kids study in Nigerian public universities?
Woow lol
which of his children do you mean, i hope you are not talking about his biological children? Cos all his children are proud & boosty. Also with thiefy attitude.[color=#006600][/color] and they all school abroad!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by cashinsam: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
so u d use person play abi

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Lilaex: 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ah hear•
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by smoothicon(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Political Propanganda...sha see hw d guy tak do small campaign
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nten: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
FG stubborn... ASUU stubborn... Who suffers?
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by cutelover19(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Made it to FP, thank you Jisos. This one that Sule is begging ASUU, only one thing can be involved :'
ETT.
Oya back to the matter, open and close.
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Thebrightest(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thats good
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Jakeattah(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
No be only Lamido o, all of us are appealing, anybody dat s nt appealing is hating
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Federal Government should declare State of Emergency on Federal Universities, then:

Makes sure that:
1. University MUST pay lecturers from its internally generated revenue while Government provides infrastructures.

2. Lecturers salaries be fixed by respective schools based on their IGR.

3. That quota system be abolished and every student has right to enroll in any University he can afford.

4. That State Universities have no rights to go on strike with Federal Government cos they have no business with Federal.

5. Lecturers must know that it is not possible for them to own private jets, but if their desire is to become overtly rich, they should quit classroom and join politics.

6. NANS should be banned.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by emmaelectelect(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Please also appeal to BH to stop killing students that are in schools
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by emmaelectelect(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Billyonaire: Federal Government should declare State of Emergency on Federal Universities, then:

Makes sure that:
1. University MUST pay lecturers from its internally generated revenue while Government provides infrastructures.

2. Lecturers salaries be fixed by respective schools based on their IGR.

3. That quota system be abolished and every student has right to enroll in any University he can afford.

4. That State Universities have no rights to go on strike with Federal Government cos they have no business with Federal.

5. Lecturers must know that it is not possible for them to own private jets, but if their desire is to become overtly rich, they should quit classroom and join politics.

6. NANS should be banned.
Bro Quota or Federal Character is a constitutional issue, talk with your representatives
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Doyensky: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Blood of God! What is this??shocked
teeboy4x: Lamido never see anything
Re: Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike by Jessechinex: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Guys is high tym we tak up arms and start massive destruction, cos it is only those dat disturb d govt is payin attention 2 e.g boko and militant. And 2 assu i knw dia plan dey want dia children who re in abroad nd private uni 2 b ahead of us i.e b our bosses nd even our political leaders. Guys is high tym we tak laws into our hands ooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike: Congresses To Vote On Referendum Today / NUC budgets N8m for research, N85m to purchase vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.