Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs (11444 Views)

NASS Officers Election: Crisis Brews In PDP / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat / Trouble Brews In House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by ogb5(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2013
kingjoe: these governors crying blue murder are the same that have refused to give local government thiers.in my state 100 million is allocated for my local government but the governor will only give the chairman 35 million.u see how painfull it is .

It is called "Do what I say, not what I do"
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2013
i dnt give a Bleep
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by nairaman66(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2013
The Federation Account should be kept under lock and key. Nobody including the FG should have access to it for a whole year. Lets see if these corrupt sycophants won't turn a new leaf and embark on meaningful project for the masses thereafter!! Useless Government run by Mr unFRESH AIR!!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by hastron: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2013
Kamanda: Pls can somebari borrow me 2K?

I will return it when FG pay the balance of our state allocation.

I can lend you if can provide me a collateral such as a C of O of a house in Ikoyi, 2 years Bank statement, a surety worth the value of the house and finally The head of your family has to be there to sign as surety. Simple
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by skyluv2000(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2013
Well, oga GEJ, we your brothers are appealing to you, pls if this post is any thing to go by, then Oga m. Try and do sometin fast so that you wont be found wanting ok.and you will also put all your enemies in shame.
I rest my case.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by gerald09(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2013
Brimmie: [s][/s]

You Are Not Making Sense! undecided
Only u will fink dat
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by skyluv2000(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=Brimmie]

Seriously?? undecided You didnt read the post and went ahead to attack the first comment!?

What about the post,the chief justice. Did GEJ, stole any money, the annual budget had been finsished so evry body should try and bera with that.

After all GEJ is not as corrupt as Abacha, Banbangida, Atiku and so on. So the post is not a new thing ok.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by gerald09(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2013
kheart: do u need glasses? Go back and read the headline.
Well I actually wear glasses, all dis fight, and disagreement is not about Nigerians, I have read it 200times and it still comes to 1 thing "Self interest". It says that all governors are angry too but only d G7 governors are acting. Y only 7 of them. If the whole governors are angry with d way things are don let them come out openly rather than whisper in d dark. The truth they say sets us free. Free from misinformation, free from misunderstanding.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Gdjay(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2013
Lol,Oyee why?
Brimmie:

Seriously?? undecided You didnt read the post and went ahead to attack the first comment!?

Serlzy, you and your flat headed brothers need mass Castration!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by adahib: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2013
“If we may ask, where has all the money gone since Okonjo-Iweala keeps insisting that the economy is
robust and kicking?”.

I wonder same....

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by gerald09(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2013
baslone:

Agreed these governors want to loot but the point is where is the money at the moment?

Are we really going broke?
We probably are or probably not. The facts is check out the messengers (G7). Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. They are all scorned women looking for attention. If it was the APC, LP that came up with such info I wuld give it a second tot n find out if it true but since its about the G7 then its all for "selfish interest" Nuffin else
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by jonuel1(m): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2013
madam_oringo: LMAO! Let the retardeen even bankrupt the economy with the fat pig Okonjwo Iweala sef! World Bank Accountant! We will need all the oil from Bayelsa to get going again. We will either sell the entire oil in the state to become solvent or something drastic! LOL

Have Ɣ☺ΰ thought why tђε̲̣̣̣̥ G-7 is asking Fø̲̣̣я̅ tђε̲̣̣̣̥ EFCC not t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ be after τ̣̣ђёm (at τ̣̣ђё end of τ̣̣ђёir tenure as gov) aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ †ђªt GEJ should drop his 2015 ambition?

Of recent it has been discovered †ђªt some schools †ђªt never existed keeps receiving allocation aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ since it has been discovered τ̣̣ђё allocation has been stopped aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ tђε̲̣̣̣̥ Govs A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ crying foul now. With this move, τ̣̣ђёy A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ being starved of funds Fø̲̣̣я̅ frivolities aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ will do anything t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ rubbish tђε̲̣̣̣̥ govt of τ̣̣ђё day.

Forget about all this media propaganda t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ rubbish tђε̲̣̣̣̥ govt. Open Ɣø̲̣U̶̲̥̅̊я eyes t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ seeing τ̣̣ђё giant strides taken by τ̣̣ђё govt.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by jonuel1(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=adahib]“If we may ask, where has all the money gone since Okonjo-Iweala keeps insisting that the economy is
robust and kicking?”.

I wonder same....[/quote

Because tђε̲̣̣̣̥ economy is robust, must tђε̲̣̣̣̥ money be spent on frivolities by tђε̲̣̣̣̥ govs crying foul?
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Since GEJ entered Aso Rock, these Governors received billions without telling us. Now there is 1 month delay they rush to us and expose how inept they are.

Such a shame that the states depend 100% on Federal Government for Niger Delta Oil Money. Why cant these f00lish governors establish state owned factories to employ people and generate resources ?

What has these travelling governors been doing with the billions ?

Nigeria is not broke but that money should be delayed so governors can appreciate who feeds them.

We need sovereign national conference.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by killuminati(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2013
It has happen ehundecided

Dat fat shepo can lie eh

And GEJ sef na wa oh!

Wetin be baba donkey kong plan sef? Abi na to chop all the bananas for jungle troway the peels make wey match dey fall yakatashockedundecided

It won't work sir, pay us our money oh! Give us our daily banana mr oga king konggrin
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by PAT4HOT(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2013
ogb5: Let me answer for the FG. The nation is broke. Now state Govs go back to your states and use what you have been given.

We have calculated it and what the governors have been given is more than enough to cater for the legitimate business of the states.

So in the short term, suspend looting of your state funds. Concentrate on the legitimate business of government for now, when situation improves and there is more money, you can re-commence looting of your state funds.

[b]No one can convince me for example that 14billion naira is not enough for Amaechi to cater for the legitimate business of Rivers State in one month, afterall we can't see any magnificent capital project going on in Rivers State as at today.

Signed
Coordinating and anti corruption of Minister our [/b]your nation.

At bolded....and so? Mek GEJ and Okonjo hijack d funds....so many fools in NL
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by biodex(m): 11:52am On Sep 29, 2013
cryJonathan, okowenla n others are all prodigal son n daughter, dey don't care, bt let think of it, all diz money they are calling is it real.............

1 Like

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by biodex(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2013
PAT4HOT:

Motion supported, shuld we allow that idiot lut our money, buy herself d whole world b4 we knw d country is broke....governors shuld continue 2 fight 4 there right, bt d money must be used accordingly or thurnder will fire them all...

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Hamazz1: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
How can revenue rise when in the words of Ben mouri Bruce Crude oil is stolen on an industrial scale 1 can't help but to ask if d govt has no hand in this economic sabotage multi million contracts was giving to exmillitants. To man this oil facilities complimented from the rear r the Amy n naval ships on the coasts not to mention the regular black n black police n mopol if all this men r keeping vigil then who's stealing the crude the economic life wire of our country.this govt like subsequent govt have refused to diversify d economy mking us dependent solely on oil.well gej is not the worst leader Nigeria has ever produced but obviously he's not competent enough to man this Nigeria wht we need is a visionary leader dt can graduate Nigeria from a mono economy n provide alternative means of generating heavy revenue that will drive the economy.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by londoner: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well.....I don't know why some people here seem as if they are on the side of these fat cat governors.

The only reason they are against GEJ all of a sudden, is that he is getting in the way of their usual "chop and clean mouth".

If the gov has just stopped paying for the past three months, are they saying that prior, they were duly given their allocation?

So then, why is it that contractors have ALWAYS complained about not being paid, by these ones now crying? Why is it that civil servants HAVE ALWAYS complained bitterly about non-payment of wages? They were with holding the funds before, yet gov kept giving......now the music has stopped.

Let them piss off out of government!

I am not saying GEJ is doing this for the right reasons, but the enemy of your enemy is your friend, so I don't actually care what is motivating him or NOI.

Let the "cryees" get rid of the ghost workers and the unnecessary employees that simply eat fat from allocation, without really doing anything to justify it.

Do these people think Nigerians are fools?.........They have never cared about the conditions of their states or people, neither have they really justified the billions given to them before now (except a few).

I would like them to resign in protest, so that some real politicians with a healthy sense of responsibility to the people they govern, rather than these effing pot bellied vultures, can receive the funds.

Let them live in the same condition, that ordinary people under their care have for years.......these fools have never so much as raised a voice in support of their constituents before........their share should be divided between the few govs that can show that giving them money makes sense.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Gbawe: 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
PAT4HOT:

Thank you !!!! What is most worrying about this forum is the readiness of so many Nigerians to back what is outright wrong and condemnable because of clannish support for their affiliates!!!

The 36 States of the Nation , in case some criticising the Governors here do not realise so, are legitimate tiers of the government of Nigeria. They are thus fully entitled to their share of the income accruing to the centre.

The FG is not lord over any other tier of government. Rather it is responsible for fair and prompt disbursement of what accrues to the centre to all the tiers of Government !!! It is ridiculous for any Nigerian to talk oppressively in defence of the FG, without any tenable excuse, "hijacking" what legitimately belongs to States of Nigeria. Folks can rightly argue for Governors to raise IGR but that does not justify supporting the FG to misappropriate what legitimately and 100% belongs to States with brazen impunity.

6 Likes

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by polosky: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r a big fool
ur head lyk zuma rock. U nd ur brodas are the biggest fooooool of this age. Wetin the 1st to comment do u. WaWa! Shege dan iska! Olori buruku! Omale ishi zuma rock..........mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by madamoringo(f): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r a big fool

U mean your retardeenic Igbo ajokutamamumi fat is a BIIIGG fool!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by VoteOutPDPJona: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you! Folks can rightly argue for Governors to raise IGR but that does not justify supporting the FG to misappropriate what legitimately and 100% belongs to States with brazen impunity.

Thank you! grin

1 Like

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by madamoringo(f): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
gerald09:
Only u will think that

Not only him. I think so too, you make less than 0 sense!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by madamoringo(f): 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
ogb5: Let me answer for the FG. The nation is broke. Now state Govs go back to your states and use what you have been given.

We have calculated it and what the governors have been given is more than enough to cater for the legitimate business of the states.

So in the short term, suspend looting of your state funds. Concentrate on the legitimate business of government for now, when situation improves and there is more money, you can re-commence looting of your state funds.

No one can convince me for example that 14billion naira is not enough for Amaechi to cater for the legitimate business of Rivers State in one month, afterall we can't see any magnificent capital project going on in Rivers State as at today.

Signed
Coordinating and anti corruption of Minister our your nation.

That's fine ONLY that NO state will allow the FG to derive even a naira of revenue from it's resources and assets! The SW finally can begin its arrival at complete economic and financial independence!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by ochukoccna: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2013
When Pastor Tunde Bakare (God bless his soul)gave a prohesy after Buhari lost the elections, that GEJ's destiny was to BANKRUPT and BALKANISE Nigeria,I personally thought it was sour grapes from losing the elections
Fast forward 30 months and Nigeria is precariously perched on a precipice financially and inter-ethnically
Anyone who understands the celestial dynamics of power will know Goodluck will carry his 'luck' away from Aso Rock and Nigeria soon
His weak nature shines even in darkness
Jimmy Carter,Shagari Shehu and Ernest Shonekan are examples that readily spring to mind
Its just a matter of time
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by ajbabs(m): 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
utumunta: This is a good development! Let the states begin to learn how to be self-dependent. Now, we know why a section of the country are proponents of "One Nigeria". They cannot sustain themselves without the free oil money from the FG.
Lagos state govt survived without allocations from the FG, when Obasanjo witheld it for over a year.
On fiscal federalism we stand!!
Obasanjo never withold Lagos State govt money but that of Local govt allocation.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by ghyxzo: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
gerald09: I still don't understand y Nigerians still give attention to these good for nufin nPDP governors. They have no respect for Nigeria n Nigerians. Every becker, vexing and name calling is all for selfish reason. I am not saying GEJ or NOI are good people but dey both have changed the "status quo" in government and these greedy SOBs have not bin able to catch up with dere 21st century politics so the cry out to Nigerians dat are as st*upid as dey are. I am not askin u to accept my views but b4 u judge ask urself, how has these nPDP governors or sympathisers actually help impact real change to Nigeria. This is not about GEJ/NOI incompetence, its about lack of money to loot for themselves. So please b4 u start insulting me go and findout their true intentions, I bet u will be disappointed u ever trusted them (nPDP).
guy doz new pdp governor did far beta dn G.e.j wn he was a governor go 2dia statez u ll b proud of demcracy
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Dblack: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
This has just expose the weakness of federalism (nigerian model). I keep saying its the colonial imposition of federalism that is the ban of undevelopment and high level of corruption in this country.

Just imaginig a sitting governor saying he is running away from contractors, wasn't he suppose to develop the state and there fore generate IGR. It just goes to show they do nothing except go to abuja monthly and share FAAC then disburse same to croonies.
That's why they are busy fight FG cos they don't have jobs. If those G7 governors are serious they will be in their states looking for ways to generate IGR like BRF rather than live in abj fighting GEJ.

This revenue sharing is the problem, whr pple don't work for their income they become complacent. 9ja is far from broke, but its about time to be fiscal discipline.

I think now is the right time for SNC, its time the nation demand it from our leaders.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by ogb5(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
ochukoccna: When Pastor Tunde Bakare (God bless his soul)gave a prohesy after Buhari lost the elections, that GEJ's destiny was to BANKRUPT and BALKANISE Nigeria,I personally thought it was sour grapes from losing the elections
Fast forward 30 months and Nigeria is precariously perched on a precipice financially and inter-ethnically
Anyone who understands the celestial dynamics of power will know Goodluck will carry his 'luck' away from Aso Rock and Nigeria soon
His weak nature shines even in darkness
Jimmy Carter,Shagari Shehu and Ernest Shonekan are examples that readily spring to mind
Its just a matter of time

You are missing the point. Nigeria made a reciept of over 1 trillion naira in one month. That is more than enough to meet the budgetted expenditure. The crying governors even attest to the fact that the amount the country made was more than what was projected. So the issue of bankrupcy does not arise.

The question you need to ask is why is the total sum made by the nation not shared the way the governors want it. there can be several good reasons for it, so no need jumping over bad reasons.

for one, there are budgetory reasons. If the budget was based on a given sum and we made more than the sum budgeted for, the FG can keep the balance in the SWF. It is not mandatory to blow away every kobo made today without saving for the future.

The FG might also be deducting at source states government debts. OBJ did it on several ocassions.
The FG might be deducting at source state government contributions to ongoing state commitments.

So until the FG tell us what is going on, do not think there is no reason for giving the states less than what they are asking for.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
hastron:

I can lend you if can provide me a collateral such as a C of O of a house in Ikoyi, 2 years Bank statement, a surety worth the value of the house and finally The head of your family has to be there to sign as surety. Simple

Chief Sweetus Oyoyo Yuzedo is my Garantor.
He has many houses in Banana Iceland

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corruption In Africa: Keynote Speech By Professor Patrick L.O. Lumumba Of Kenya / NASS Begins Correction Of Electoral Bill Rejected By Buhari / Abia Governor Ikpeazu Tests Negative For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.