Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! (30587 Views)

Abroad Nuhu Ribadu Opens Up On Boko Haram, Seeks To Defend Jonathan Administrati / Rasheed Ladoja Secretly Refunded N500 Million Of Monies Stolen From Oyo Treasury / Boko Haram Seeks Swap Of 30 Chibok Girls For 18 Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by citizenisb: 3:15am On Sep 29, 2013
AS the military assault against the Boko Haram sect continues in some Northern states, members of the sect might have concluded plans to infiltrate the South-West to seek traditional medicine protection from gunshots.

Sunday Tribune gathered that the last few weeks have seen large-scale efforts being made by people believed to be members of the sect to contact native doctors in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State, especially Saki, for bulletproof charms.

Incidentally, Saki and some other Oke-Ogun towns have a very strong Islamic orientation with a large population of northerners, especially cattlemen, already making the area a home.

According to a source who claimed to be in the know about the recent attempt to seek Yoruba traditional protection by the Boko Haram members, a huge amount of money ranging from N5 million to N10 million was said to be on offer “if the amulet is made and tested okay.”

“Recently, some strange people have been coming to Oke-Ogun for traditional bulletproof and most of these people are Northerners, though their contact persons are Yoruba. What we learnt was that anyone that facilitates the Boko Haram’s contacts’ meeting with a herbalist, who could make a potent charm would also get a commission of 40 per cent, with the remaining 60 per cent going to the herbalist,” the source said on condition of anonymity.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/22734-boko-haram-invades-s-west-for-bulletproof-charms-•offers-n10m-for-each-potent,-tested-charm-•security-agencies-caution-native-doctors.html
Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by MayorofLagos(m): 4:07am On Sep 29, 2013
shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by malele(m): 4:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Later dey. Go talk say igbo like money

48 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by donigspain(m): 4:51am On Sep 29, 2013
#Mbano_Shout
Ala akwupula otele!
Otu-Ocha...

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by amiskurie(m): 5:28am On Sep 29, 2013
(..)
Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Brimmie(m): 5:56am On Sep 29, 2013
malele: Later dey. Go talk say igbo like money

Seen!
Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:05am On Sep 29, 2013
Imagine the number of Boko haram boys Nigerian military operatives would catch if they pose as genuine/authentic bullet proof native doctors/herbalists in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State. grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:06am On Sep 29, 2013
Yoruba and blood money. part 1

34 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by LordMecuzy(m): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Beer Parlour News

17 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by free2ryhme: 6:54am On Sep 29, 2013
who ever produces these nonsense must be high on water angry

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Chubhie: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2013
That Saki is something else when it comes to raw jazz.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Mogidi: 6:58am On Sep 29, 2013
The SW is the spiritual homeland of BH so am not surprised.

NO SURRENDER
GEJ 2015

24 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by musaajebor(m): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2013
Some nland mofos will now say boko haram are Muslim terrorists.they are just criminals like their equivalent in the ndelta claiming militants.imagine islamist seeking jazz from native doctors.

21 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by victorD3: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2013
I always knew Yoruba's are in support of their terrorist brothers.

33 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by BabaEleko(m): 8:11am On Sep 29, 2013
Odua do not support terrorist!!!! Our "Ayeta" will never work for anyone who use them for evil purpose.

27 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by goldfish80(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 29, 2013
lol i thought i wont see it here, heard it on news this morning and I burst into laughter.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Sirniyeh(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2013
VoteOutPDPJona: Imagine the number of Boko haram boys Nigerian military operatives would catch if they pose as genuine/authentic bullet proof native doctors/herbalists in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State. grin grin grin
why do you people reason like this? Are BH fooools? Is it written on forehead that one is BH? They will have contractor, and not that they will approach herbalist themselves

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by charles424(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2013
This writer must be out of his mind. If its true. Boko haram would prefer to go and meet ombatse people than risk coming to south west

10 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by adepojuot: 9:47am On Sep 29, 2013
Boko haram you are doom,allah that you are killing for no fit protect u frm jtf guns..Islam is world most funniest religion....

16 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by tmotmo: 10:15am On Sep 29, 2013
adepojuot: Boko haram you are doom,allah that you are killing for no fit protect u frm jtf guns..Islam is world most funniest religion....
I agree with you that Boko haram is doomed. However, your last 2 sentences are wrong and misleading.

A. Boko haram Claimed they are killing for Allah, but Boko Haram, Alqaeda, alshabab and the likes constitutes less than 2% of over 2billion muslim population of the world. Now tell me how could their views be the correct representation of the majority if not for you bigotry and stereotyping?

B. Is for Allah alone? Nope, he is working for both Jesus and Allah? Abi? Osama worked for "Allah", Sadam Hussein too, while Adoph Hitler, a staunch catholic worked for Jesus to exterminate millions of life, likewise Joseph Stalin( who was raised in the greek orthodox christianity). Records are there to verify there religious affiliations.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/Hitlersfaith-1.html
http://www.remnantofgod.org/nazircc.htm

It is only if the person claim to be a Muslim, you always associate his religion with him/her, but if the criminal is a christian, you don't need to associate him with his/her religion.

In summary, I am sure enlightened Christians know this and they also know that few mad men like Shekau of BH, Osama of Alqaida and co who constitute less than 2% of the world Muslim population can not be a true representation of this muslim world. Though the world press is christian/jew controlled.

64 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Gbawe: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2013
Mogidi: The SW is the spiritual homeland of BH so am not surprised.

NO SURRENDER
GEJ 2015

victorD3: I always knew Yoruba's are in support of their terrorist brothers.

Nigerians and their brazen display of dishonesty and disconnection from reality. Is your region more peaceful, more tolerant or more inclusive than the SW? I forget that the exemplary tolerance of the SW, which sees all religions co-existing peacefully, is to be interpreted as "backing for terror" by unsophisticated and prejudiced troublemakers and promoters of chaos like you two.

The joke is on you backward clowns who pen ignorant garbage to malign a people celebrated for their exemplary religious tolerance, richly fascinating culture and live-and-let-live attitude. Shout all you want but the people of the SW will not become discriminatory neanderthals like you. You sad creatures can remain online peddling lies about the Yorubas but the truth , which you are envious of , cannot be hidden by your dishonest attempt at fraudulent character assassination. Unrefined bigots like you would actually do well to copy what the world knows and admires about the Yorubas and their culture because this would make you better human beings.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/story-american-writes-speaks-yoruba/

The story of an American who writes and speaks Yoruba

on September 27, 2013 / in Just Human 10:26 pm / Comments

By Ishola Balogun
It is not in doubt that our indigenous languages are going into extinction as a result of our attitude to our native languages. We despise it, undervalue it and repudiate it as if it was criminal to communicate in our mother dialect.

Rather, we cherish and appreciate English language, foisted on us by our colonial masters over our indigenous language. Even at homes, children and kids who are victims of this scorn tend to believe English is far superior to that which confers in us our natural identity.

Professor Andrew Apter

Surprisingly, those who are real custodian of English language are more interested in our languages and cultural heritage. Professor Andrew Apter, a Director of African Studies in University of California, Los Angeles, is very proficient in Yoruba language.

He speaks and writes the language as if he was born and bred in a Yoruba remote village. A couple of years back, he wrote to a friend: Ore mi owon, omo ile naa ni! Inu mi dun nigba ti mo ri iranse eamil re! Yes, Emi ni, Ogundele, Omo Ayede, Igi aje to mi Igi Ogun gbelele!…

Apter works on ritual, memory, and indigenous knowledge as well as colonial culture, commodity fetishism and state spectacle. His historical ethnography of Yoruba hermeneutics informs his research on “syncretism” and creolization in West Africa and the Americas.

Andrew came to Nigeria in the 1980s and within the few months he stayed in Nigeria, he chose the rural areas of Yoruba land which in his estimation still have the African culture and traditions intact. As an anthropologist, he investigated such challenging questions as how humans evolved and came to adapt to diverse environments, what led to the rise of urban life, what causes disease and death, how people imbue their lives with meaning, and how language reflects and shapes social life.

As a person who actually wanted to accomplish his mission, he did not stay in the cities like Lagos or Ibadan, he chose an ancient town in Ayede-Ekiti, the then OndoState, now EkitiState of Nigeria.

He interacted with the people, mostly indigenes of the town and embraced their traditional religions like the famous late Aduni Olorisa who spent her lifetime in Osogbo in OsunState.

He loves Yemoja and Sango festivals to the extent that he wrote a book on them entitled: Black Critics and Kings: The Hermeneutics of Power in Yoruba Society (University of Chicago Press, 1992).

He went the extra mile to study the history of the town including the number of Obas that had been crowned, a history that is hardly known to many indigenes of the town.

He was so in love with Yoruba language that he studied it well. When he communicates to his Yoruba friends, he does it clearly in Yoruba with perfect lexis and structure whereas, so many of his Yoruba friends have almost become foreigners in their own country due to their inability to speak or write very well in their native language .

He adopted Yoruba name – Ogundele and he is widely known and called that name in Ayede Ekiti till date.

We have heard of many white men who came to Africa and fell in love with our indigenous languages and religions. Remember the Aduni Olorisa of blessed memory.

Aduni found our mode of dressing attractive and interesting so much that she lived in Osogbo, learned Yoruba language and equally believed in Osun goddess. We will not forget the American who only visited University of Ibadan for the first time to learn the language and preferred the name – Titilayo falling in love with our culture and traditions.

It is true that we had our kingdoms and empires such as Oyo, Benin, Songai and our system of administration. If the white men endeavour to re-write history and tell our children that their ancestors were living like apes before they were colonised, who will will be ready to dispute and challenge that notion with good knowledge of our history, culture and heritage? Is it our children and kids who we have not taught our languages or traditions at our various homes?

It would be ridiculous for an American or Briton to return to Africa in order to teach our children and grandchildren their native languages, customs and traditions. It will never happen, God willing but that is only when we shift the paradigm

37 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by luckyDon1: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2013
tmotmo:
I agree with you that Boko haram is doomed. However, your last 2 sentences are wrong and misleading.

A. Boko haram Claimed they are killing for Allah, but Boko Haram, Alqaeda, alshabab and the likes constitutes less than 2% of over 2billion muslim population of the world. Now tell me how could their views be the correct representation of the majority if not for you bigotry and stereotyping?

B. Is for Allah alone? Nope, he is working for both Jesus and Allah? Abi? Osama worked for "Allah", Sadam Hussein too, while Adoph Hitler, a staunch catholic worked for Jesus to exterminate millions of life, likewise Joseph Stalin( who was raised in the greek orthodox christianity). Records are there to verify there religious affiliations.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/Hitlersfaith-1.html
http://www.remnantofgod.org/nazircc.htm

It is only if the person claim to be a Muslim, you always associate his religion with him/her, but if the criminal is a christian, you don't need to associate him with his/her religion.

In summary, I am sure enlightened Christians know this and they also know that few mad men like Shekau of BH, Osama of Alqaida and co who constitute less than 2% of the world Muslim population can not be a true representation of this muslim world. Though the world press is christian/jew controlled.
May I remind u that that Adolf Hitler though born a catholic stopped attending church right from Vienna,Austria when he lost his parents.And he NEVER killied in Jesus name.Google his famous quotes and u will see that he was an atheist,a beast possesed by the devil.

I quite understand that u are a moderate muslim and condemn violence but what I have failed to understand about Islam is why they like violence.Take for example Pakistan and Iraq were we see bombing in daily basis between the shites and sunnis?
The same goes to Somali's alshabab?
Afghanistan's taliban?alqeuda in Yemen?Also Egypt is in turmoil and sectarian violence in Lebanon.When I watch this things,I come to the conclusion that Iraq's everyday blood letting is a deliberate effort to murder people in funerals,market places and roadside.

I am aware that we have like five major religions in the world and they are Christianity,Islam,Hindu,Buhdaism and Skihs but I have not seen any of them except Islam fighting the other.
I am not condemning Islam but why has it always been on the news ?

45 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Caleboha(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2013
The alliance has gone beyond APC undecided

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by russianmob27: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2013
This is serious...
Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by abduldope(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2013
if de do claim abt that ISLAM forbids Western education then this is out of ISLAM.... 100% SHIRK! ##### MaY ALLAH see us TRu this useless pPLe spoiling ISLAM ### Amin# grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Caleboha(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2013
musa ajebor: Some nland mofos will now say boko haram are Muslim terrorists.they are just criminals like their equivalent in the ndelta claiming militants.imagine islamist seeking jazz from native doctors.
Ask Shekau what he thinks. Lemme clue you in: He doesn't consider himself a militant, outrightly mocked the amnesty proposal. He believes his cause is divine. He is fighting for Islam- muslim terrorist! Except ofcourse you opinion is superior to that of Shekau! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
What do you expect from Hausa Yoruba alliance ?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by abduldope(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
lucky Don: May I remind u that that Adolf Hitler though born a catholic stopped attending church right from Vienna,Austria when he lost his parents.And he NEVER killied in Jesus name.Google his famous quotes and u will see that he was an atheist,a beast possesed by the devil.

I quite understand that u are a moderate muslim and condemn violence but what I have failed to understand about Islam is why they like violence.Take for example Pakistan and Iraq were we see bombing in daily basis between the shites and sunnis?
The same goes to Somali's alshabab?
Afghanistan's taliban?alqeuda in Yemen?Also Egypt is in turmoil and sectarian violence in Lebanon.When I watch this things,I come to the conclusion that Iraq's everyday blood letting is a deliberate effort to murder people in funerals,market places and roadside.

I am aware that we have like five major religions in the world and they are Christianity,Islam,Hindu,Buhdaism and Skihs but I have not seen any of them except Islam fighting the other.
I am not condemning Islam but why has it always been on the news ?
MR MaN SHut up!!! If nt for d americans would anytn lyk Bombing occur in IRAQ or AFGHANISTAN Tk example IRAN despite the shi'a n sunnis rivarly ova 10yrZ they hav neva been anytn lyk killing there! Beta reason b4 u open daht ur mouth... Mtchwww una no go eva undastnd smtn una go jst open mouth de shout MUSLIMS LIke vIOLENCE ##IDIOTz##

12 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Seeks Bullet Proof Jazz From Oyo State!! by Licensed2Kill(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
Wetin man no go hear for this naija.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Sacks Sam Saba, CCB Chairman, Board / Magu Disliked By 90 Percent Of EFCC Staff, He Is Autocratic - Ubani / Jonathan, Wike, Others Pay Tributes To Lulu Briggs At Final Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.