Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! (5192 Views)

Views About Mufti Ismail Menk / Islamic Lecture: Mufti Menk In Lagos / Crying For A Facebook Friend @funny~mufti Ismail Menk 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Yasmeena(f): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2013
Join Mufti Ismail Menk in Abuja for an interactive session as he discusses the topic "Are we losing focus" on Friday 4th of October @ the Conference Hall of the National Mosque Abuja from 4pm to Magrib. 700 seats available @ N2000 per ticket.
Followed by a lecture on the topic "Solutions to our state of weakness" on Saturday 5th October from 10am to 1pm @ The Thisday Dome, Central business district. Tickets available @ N1000 per ticket.
Tickets can be bought in advance at An-Noor Masjid, Wuse 2 or at the corresponding event venue on the day.
For those of us who don't know who Mufti Menk is, he's one of the best contemporary Islamic preacher of our time, associated with the likes of Khalid Yasin, Zakir Naik, etc.
He's actually one of my favourite preachers.
You can look for some of his lectures and listen on Google.
Looking forward to seeing you all at this thought provoking lecture!
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by deols(f): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Do we really need to keep bringing foreigners for these lectures?

Are there no Nigerians who would give the same lecture for less or no money at all?

I wish the organisers the best, anyway.
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Sissie(f): 11:01am On Sep 29, 2013
deols: Do we really need to keep bringing foreigners for these lectures?

Are there no Nigerians who would give the same lecture for less or no money at all?

I wish the organisers the best, anyway.

Yes we do, in Nigeria most of the scholars have a specific tribe that mostly follow them, and am not sure of any that is know in Nigeria that both north and south listen to equally, or has a strong following from both.

They organize lectures with Nigerians, mostly Abuja based scholars but the crowd they draw is incomparable.

Most of the previous lectures where free but due to bugdet constraints, they introduced the tickets. Same organizers brought in zakir naik, Khalid yasin and it was free.
The way they deliver lectures is really good maybe due to international experience or something.
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by deols(f): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Sissie:

Yes we do, in Nigeria most of the scholars have a specific tribe that mostly follow them, and am not sure of any that is know in Nigeria that both north and south listen to equally, or has a strong following from both.

They organize lectures with Nigerians, mostly Abuja based scholars but the crowd they draw is incomparable.

Most of the previous lectures where free but due to bugdet constraints, they introduced the tickets. Same organizers brought in zakir naik, Khalid yasin and it was free.
The way they deliver lectures is really good maybe due to international experience or something.

alright then.

Plus they have a strong online presence that makes them attractive to the youth. I follow Mufti Menk on facebook.

1 Like

Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by tbaba1234: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mufti ismail Menk is awesome by the way.

We have too much ethnic colouration, most non yorubas are out of place in our masjids in Lagos in particular. The speakers usually have poor control of the english language. I feel like in a place like Lagos, they should speak enough english to communicate.

I am far more connected to foreign speakers because they speak a language, I can relate with.

That said, we are creating a dangerous 'celebrity culture'. Sometimes, we put these guys on the spot, forgetting they are humans as well. Whatever reminder they give is for themselves first and they also have struggles.

1 Like

Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by vedaxcool(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Goody goody goody, I hope I will be able to make it, insha Allah! Amin

1 Like

Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by deols(f): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
tbaba1234: Mufti ismail Menk is awesome by the way.

We have too much ethnic colouration, most non yorubas are out of place in our masjids in Lagos in particular. The speakers usually have poor control of the english language. I feel like in a place like Lagos, they should speak enough english to communicate.

I am far more connected to foreign speakers because they speak a language, I can relate with.

That said, we are creating a dangerous 'celebrity culture'. Sometimes, we put these guys on the spot, forgetting they are humans as well. Whatever reminder they give is for themselves first and they also have struggles.

the celebrity part with fame, money, etc.

I would be wary of it becoming like the church business where every one would start getting into it for the money.
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Salimyaro: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Alhamdulillah. I'm really looking forward for the friday lecture to change. 700 sits aint enough. Hope we can make it Inshaa Allah
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Yasmeena(f): 2:40am On Oct 04, 2013
the celebrity part with fame, money, etc.

I would be wary of it becoming like the church business where every one would start getting into it for the money.[/quote]
No, It can't degenerate to that, as dis is a completely non profit venture. Its aim is at enlightening d islamic populace, n money realized from d tickets go into organizing d programme. There's no 'business' in it actually. Its d same organizers of d previous lectures wit Khalid Yasin n Zakir Naik dats organizing dis one.
Also, it will b interesting to note that d lecture by Zakir Naik which was billed 4 sponsorship from ticket collection was later sponsored by an anonymous muslim, which made it a free 4 all lecture. Wa allahu aallam!
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Yasmeena(f): 2:48am On Oct 04, 2013
Salimyaro: Alhamdulillah. I'm really looking forward for the friday lecture to change. 700 sits aint enough. Hope we can make it Inshaa Allah
May Allah make it easy 4 uus to make it.. Really interesting topic. A few home truth from a neutral person shud go a long way in making us reconsider our positions as muslims, in sha Allah!
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 04, 2013
This cleric is quite intelligent,though I'm not a muslim but googled his name and just downloaded some of his recordings.. I'm beginning to change my mindset about islam, the cleric himself acknowledged that lots of bad eggs are giving muslims bad name all round the world. Thus,innocent muslims are being victimized.
But I still believe all these renounced & respected clerics have a large role to play in eradicating 'radicalization of muslims'

3 Likes

Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by ShehuAba(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ogbeche77: This cleric is quite intelligent,though I'm not a muslim but googled his name and just downloaded some of his recordings.. I'm beginning to change my mindset about islam, the cleric himself acknowledged that lots of bad eggs are giving muslims bad name all round the world. Thus,innocent muslims are being victimized.
But I still believe all these renounced & respected clerics have a large role to play in eradicating 'radicalization of muslims'

Wow. It's the truth and we're all trying our best.
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by ShehuAba(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
Meanwhile Mufti just posted on Facebook that he's unable to make it to Nigeria

'Due to reasons totally beyond my capacity, I am unable to travel to Nigeria. The Almighty only does what is best, so smile.'

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3294856588
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by Yasmeena(f): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2013
ShehuAba: Meanwhile Mufti just posted on Facebook that he's unable to make it to Nigeria

'Due to reasons totally beyond my capacity, I am unable to travel to Nigeria. The Almighty only does what is best, so smile.'

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3294856588
Yes. I confirmed dat the lecture was cancelled or postponed too, Due to his inability to obtain his visa. May Allah make it easy for him to get the visa soon. I really look forward 2 being part of his audience.
@ Ogbeche. Thanks for listening to his lectures and keeping an objective mind about Islam. We muslims are noot what d media have painted us to be o.. I hope u get really coonvinced aboout dat.
Re: Mufti Ismail Menk Is Coming To Abuja, Nigeria! by olusedo: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2013
The lecture holds today at the international conference center Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

What The Quran Says About Jesus Christ And Mary. / Importance Of Reading And Acting Upon Qur'an / Help!!! Can I Become A Muslim Without Proficiency In The Arabic Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.