Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi (13082 Views)

Why ASUU Has Not Called Off The Strike –ASUU President Nasir Fagge / ASUU Has Called Off D Strike...is It True ? / ASUU Has Not Called-off The Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Edunews: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2013
The Striking Members Of The Academic Staff Union Of Universities, ASUU has been unfair in their treatment of the Nigerian Students, according to Obasi. D. C. Chinedu.

Following reports we have gathered of over the past weeks which the strike has been on, we can see that, either the Union(ASUU) has been selfish on their demands, or they are not telling us the truth.

It is important to let them know that, They do not make demands and expect the Nigerian Students to follow them, or support their demands blindly, without knowing what these demands are.

Also, when it comes to Negotiations, You don’t just make a demand, and stand on it, else, its no longer a negotiation, but a command.

If what the Federal Government Says, is anything to go by, we gathered that, ASUU initially led the Public to believe that their demands were sincerely about Improving the Standard of education in our Universities, but the Federal government has rubbished that, and exposing the real fact to the Nigerian Public, saying,
“They initially told us that it was about infrastructure, but it is about allowances. N30b has been released for the payment of their accumulated allowances, and N100b earmarked for infrastructural development. It is important for the public to know that government did not say this is all that it will give, but government says go and start the payment with this amount and let us know the amount it will add”.

What Sort of infrastructural development are the Union Looking for, that N100b is not enough, FOR A START??

With what’s said above, Its either the Striking ASUU members are being unfair with their treatment of the Nigerian Students, or their is something they are not telling us, about their, “Pulling out of the Negotiation Table.”
Is This how they expect to resolve the crisis

Its obvious that they are no longer interested in the jobs, or need a break from work and its time the FG Implement the, “No work, No Wage” Rule.

Its more disappointing that the National Association Of Nigerian Students, NANS cannot live up to their expectation like their predecessors did in similar situations in the Past, by making the two parties come to an agreement.

Whatever the Situation may be, its time the ASUU members come to terms with what’s on ground, or stir the ire of the Nigerian Youths.

SOURCE: NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY NEWS

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ronalmagic10(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
Haha..am I the FTC? I can't believe this oo

I'm gonna do thanksgiving on Sunday...

@topic, all this news don tire me, jst call off d damn strike. I tried lookin 4 job, but I couldn't fnd any. Na wa 4 naija...Yesterday media chat confirmed it that Gej is a mistake, he has no business in aso rock after 2015. I jst hope that ppl start reasoning wit their senses nd vote dis man out

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by denixii: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
hmm, are yu sure abt dat?
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Andyblaze: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Its a good thing the strike has not been called off without demands been met, because if they just re-open skul like that, the lecturers won't teach the students well, students will be frustrated and insult lecturers, fight will break out in school, then it will spread to streets, then war will start, then we will all go extinct

12 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Dexpro: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is really unfair....
Imagine! All these Nigerian Politician. Their children are not part of all these! Thunder Strike them all!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by sukanero(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lwkmd...hungry politicians seekn 4 fame...wetn God go judge plenty oh.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by skydancer: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
To me, this is a wake up call for the Nigerian youths, students who have important things to do with their lives are not complaining at all. Learn some useful skills, get some certifications, it's your future not ASUU's future that is at stake here.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Lilblack2(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
I said it before that those so called lecturers of ours are lazy...if they cant find other ways of showing there agitations,they should all retire,keep deceiving us with ur indefinate leave,ASUU is doing help 2 STUDENTS instead it is killing our movement forward

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by tolurainbow(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
:-XTired not just ok...I done fat finish for ause which I dnt lyk..... undecidedTired not just ok...I done fat finish for ause which I dnt lyk.....wot is gud abt october first..

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Joshuahunpe(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
2nd mtchewwww
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Edipee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Who is fair, Fed Govt?
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Anuoluwap(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU lost her integrity since the pull-out of negotiations with FG. ASUU is being authoritative in their demands which is not sensitive enough.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ookay oo.......And d drama continues.....for ASUU we cant be fooled anymore..your lies has adequately been exposed, we now knw who our real enemies are.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Damalex4luv(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Yes they are unfair †̥o all Nigeria students in general.. They affected me in that the senate ̤̣̈̇f ♍γ school į̸̸̨§ yet †̥o seat on our results before they went on leave that they called strike now ℓ will have †̥o wait till february before going for ♍γ NYSC...
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Forzap: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
E be like say dem wan to tell us anoda story again oo,f.cuk u MR chinedu

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by dedons: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
signs of the last days
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Rejoice5000(f): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
unfair?? the many so called graduates are they all employed.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by DonColz1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
If only ASUU can put nigerian labour congress (NLC) to this strike matter, am very sure that jonathan will pay the money fast fast., he has the money, he is just giving it to those militants to be buying jet and yatch, instead of that money to be invested in things that can move the country forward, later he would say that nigeria has no money, that is rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by joshua55(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
It looks like d probs is with ASUU and not FG cos all dis pot bellied lecturers are fighting for their pockets not for d future of d students
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ITbomb(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
It is not about releasing money here and there.
It is time Nigeria should agree on something, put it on a paper and implement it.
All ASUU is saying is 'implement the Agreement you signed'. Finish.
N100bn for this and N30bn for that does not show seriousness and commitment to develop the education sector, it is a kangaroo arrangement just to solve immediate problem while waiting for another strike next year.
If it involve shutting down the school sysytem for a year or more, to produce a blueprint for making our certificate worth its name, so be it

16 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by passionate88: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2013
Very much unfair
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by greenbabe(f): 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
it's very true, their demand is for selfish reason. otherwise, they should have started work with the #100b

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by ngdude(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lol

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Mexyz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Cme to think of it, we re talkn abt 100bn here o nt 100million o. ASUU is definitely hidn sumtn 4rm we d students,jst cme out nd tel us dat u guys want ur earned allowances nd stp using skuls infrastructural develpmnts as cover up.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by mirak01(m): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ȋ̝̊̅† ΐƨ S̶̲̥̅ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ bad seeing ASUU delaying students up 2 ds present time(3 months now),d main prob ΐƨ just dat i believe firstly all state uni shud ve neva joined d strike,secondly d way jonathan ΐƨ handling ds matter ΐƨ nt d best,d guy needs 2 take som ammendable decisions and stand by Ȋ̝̊̅†,2 M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ d president looks more or else like a joker.let him tackle ds once and forall,it
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by stecman: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
It's high time we start makng contributns to help d fed. Govt pay ASUU. Cos ASUU is just after d money...
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by nanauju(f): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
I concur! ASUU don't want to keep Nigerians posted on the happenings between them and FG, thereby leaving us to be misinformed and make our own conclusions. The other day, after their usual negotiation meeting, the president of ASUU, was asked by the press about the outcome of the meeting, and he had the guts to say that the outcome of the meeting wasn't for public hearing and that he will discuss the issue with the association's 'principal'. Which gives me the feeling that the so-called president don't even have the authority as a President of the association. ASUU, pls, we are tired of you people misleading Nigerian students and deceiving yourselves!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by dedons: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
what about those of us born in Togo and uganda...are we also among Signs of the last day
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by free2ryhme: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
@obasi if your father or motheR oR both paRents are lecturers u won't ber spewing dis rubbish

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Andyblaze: Its a good thing the strike has not been called off without demands been met, because if they just re-open skul like that, the lecturers won't teach the students well, students will be frustrated and insult lecturers, fight will break out in school, then it will spread to streets, then war will start, then we will all go extinct
oga you're a slowpoke to be saying this, don't you know its when the ovation is loudest that bow out? ASUU have been on strike for 3months and you're here spitting rabbish. Do you even think at all? Read what you wrote again, see Its better you shut up your big mouth before rain "blessings" on you.
Re: ASUU Has Been Unfair To The Nigerian Students- Obasi by stagger: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lilblack2: I said it before that those so called lecturers of ours are lazy...if they cant find other ways of showing there agitations,they should all retire,keep deceiving us with ur indefinate leave,ASUU is doing help 2 STUDENTS instead it is killing our movement forward

Then your father will come and teach my children in university abi? Idiota!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / Group Moves Against Sexual Exploitation, To Install Queen Of Nigerian Institutio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.