Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,585 members, 7,801,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Hreat To Amaechi’s Life: Jonathan Cannot Hurt A Fly – Presidency •warns Rivers G - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hreat To Amaechi’s Life: Jonathan Cannot Hurt A Fly – Presidency •warns Rivers G (629 Views)

Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians / APC Worried Over Amaechi’s Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hreat To Amaechi’s Life: Jonathan Cannot Hurt A Fly – Presidency •warns Rivers G by chiboyo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
The presidency has reacted to claims by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State that his rift with President Goodluck Jonathan has put his life in danger, saying the governor is a drowning man, whose intention is to pitch Nigerians against the president, who it described as a “gentleman”.

Amaechi had in an interview with Sahara TV on Saturday, told his interviewer that “I don’t have an Aide de Camp (ADC). I don’t have a Chief Security Officer. They’ve withdrawn so many policemen. They’ve withdrawn all policemen from the commissioners. I feel unsafe. I just know that they want to kill me. Beg Mr. President to ensure that I’m not killed because I’m sure they are planning towards that.”

But the presidency in its response, articulated by the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak, decried comments attributed to the Rivers governor, saying such utterances are an indication that Amaechi did not have respect for the office of the President and by extension, the sovereignty of Nigeria.

Gulak said, “Amaechi is a drowning man whose plan is just to pitch the President against the people of Rivers State but people of the state know better and they have turned against him (the governor).

“On his claim that the President is after his life, Amaechi himself knows that President Jonathan is a peace-loving man who cannot hurt a fly. On the contrary, maybe he is the one planning that against the President. He should stop pitching people against the President. Nigerians know the President that he is a gentleman.”

-SUNDAY PUNCH
Re: Hreat To Amaechi’s Life: Jonathan Cannot Hurt A Fly – Presidency •warns Rivers G by stebell(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
I love dis Gulak of a man.
Sincerely speaking Gov. Amaechi is a drowning man and he's looking for ways not to drown alone.
Here in PH City, we are fed up wit his unrelentless attack on de person of de President.

Amaechi and his co travellers hv nothing more to offer come 2015 and as such want to destroy de party.

God is watching
Naija is watching

Well he shud continue de attack but tym will tell

Long Live GEJ
Long Live Naija

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Getting Used To Killings? / Any Attempt To Include 6 Zone In The Constitution Is Outright War-musiwa / The Value Of A Nigerian Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.