Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? (19852 Views)

How Would You Rate PMB On His Maiden Media Chat? / Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Fuel Queues Disappears In Abuja After Jonathan’s Media Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2013
I wonder whether I share similar ideas with other people, but I believe that the presidential media chat was a complete sham, and a complete waste of time. I expected more, but Jonathan dissapointed me. If I would rate it, I would rate it poor.
All along, it seems the president doesn't have a clear grasp of happenings, developments and events within the country. And regarding the few issues raised during the chat, he sounded like the issues were quite trivial, and this are burning national issues that expedite actions.
To me overall, the media chat was a complete waste of time and resources, it shouldn't have held. And from all indications it wouldn't change anything.

40 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.

55 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
Uhmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by UyiIredia(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Out of the two options I will pick poor. However, I think he was okay in some respects, and erred some. The thing is we need a strong leader to inspire change in Nigerian and unfortunately, I don't think GEJ the man.

14 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Out of the two options I will pick poor. However, I think he was okay in some respects, and erred some. The thing is we need a strong leader to inspire change in Nigerian and unfortunately, I don't think GEJ the man.
Honestly. U are ryt my friend, nd guess he rily nids to word more on himself he rily wants to inspire change in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by BabaEleko(m): 4:39am On Sep 30, 2013
Very poor like never before.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Caleboha(m): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2013
Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided

68 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Ismahill(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2013
Gud in some areas.bt overall rating.POOR. P-20%
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
Honestly. U are ryt my friend, nd guess he rily nids to word more on himself he rily wants to inspire change in Nigeria.
It is you that actually need to work more on your spellings if you really want to inspire change in your Grammar.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2013
The media chat was highly impressive.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by awodman: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Caleboha: Nigerians celebrate mediocrity. We hold tribal and religious affiliation dear. Many of southern extraction believe he did excellently even though they know deep within them that they exude more confidence, poise and intelligence than their commander in chief. They give him no room for improvement as they insist he is excellent despite obvious lapses. I miss OBJ. It was swt fun bk then. I held no fears of my president embarrassing me on national TV undecided
So after all said and done with the whole eloquence did OBJ put food on your table, Did he give you constant electricity...

We shouldn't be interested in how well a political leader speaks but whether if he can get the job done....Effect changes in our way of life

12 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ballabriggs: 7:07am On Sep 30, 2013
The man is a joke and like I say, the sooner you all do away with him the better for your country Nigeria.

When you have a leader in the 21st century with difficulties in basic communication, such a leader cannot lead you to change. Communicating is a skill, it is an important attribute of a leader, a PhD and a professional. It takes organising your thoughts, letting your thoughts out, receiving feedback, processing feedback in your thoughts and letting it out again. Goodluck Jonathan 'earned a PhD' but lacks the basic attributes of a PhD. Yet he still thinks ASUU's demands are outrageous. The joke is on him.

18 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Some mischief makers are only chasing shadows. The President does not need to speak like Obama to get the JOB DONE. Some of his predecessors, including the Great Zik, were powerful speakers but how did that change Nigeria? Nigeria does not need motivational speaker as president. What we need is an educated, focused, creative, firm, sincere and hardworking president who will GET THE JOB DONE.

These same elements talking of inspiring speeches were in 2011 trying to force Buhari down our throat. Is Buhari a better speaker than GEJ? Haters are perpetually looking for reasons to HATE.

34 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 30, 2013
manmade: It is you that actually need to work more on your spellings if you really want to inspire change in your Grammar.
I really don't know why you are finding faults in my spellings. I wonder if there really I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ anything wrong in abbreviating some few words? Afterall, this I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a social media site. I have got the license to express myself in whatever way.

11 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by ballabriggs: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Some mischief makers are only chasing shadows. The President does not need to speak like Obama to get the JOB DONE. Some of his predecessors, including the Great Zik, were powerful speakers but how did that change Nigeria? Nigeria does not need motivational speaker as president. What we need is an educated, focused, creative, firm, sincere and hardworking president who will GET THE JOB DONE.

These same elements talking of inspiring speeches were in 2011 trying to force Buhari down our throat. Is Buhari a better speaker than GEJ? Haters are perpetually looking for reasons to HATE.

This man here is only trying to earn his wage and do not expect any better from him. He has tried relegating communication to justify his wage and so I can understand him. I can also understand why he failed as a Doctor.

However, you need to be wary of deceitful elements like him only focused on their earnings. I say this because I understand there are a lot of young people here aspiring to be leaders, professionals and academics. Communication is very important in leadership. It is not even about "speaking like Obama'. It is about organising your thoughts and letting your thoughts out. All I see in a GEJ 'PhD' is a man rambling away when he speaks.

If you are lacking today and you dream of being a leader, a professional and an academic, start getting prepared today. Join groups, societies, volunteer to make presentations to friends. These things will help you grow into being a true leader and not "a kindergaten leader".

48 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2013
ballabriggs:

This man here is only trying to earn his wage and do not expect any better from him. He has tried relegating communication to justify his wage and so I can understand him. I can also understand why he failed as a Doctor.

However, you need to be wary of deceitful elements like him only focused on their earnings. I say this because I understand there are a lot of young people here aspiring to be leaders, professionals and academics. Communication is very important in leadership. It is not even about "speaking like Obama'. It is about organising your thoughts and letting your thoughts out. All I see in a GEJ 'PhD' is a man rambling away when he speaks.

If you are lacking today and you dream of being a leader, a professional and an academic, start getting prepared today. Join groups, societies, volunteer to make presentations to friends. These things will help you grow into being a true leader and not "a kindergaten leader".
You are very right sire

6 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by divinelove(m): 8:38am On Sep 30, 2013
very sincere media chat, quite impressive
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2013
ballabriggs:

People like you always take delight in misleading young ones simply because you were misled when you had the Opportunity of making the right choice, now tell me to the hearing of the whole world what benefits the supposed good orators you and the past generations had been voting for have done this Country other than to be sugar talked and given empty promises, was Moses of Biblical period a good orator ? Did that stop God from using him to liberate the Israelite? Gej was chosen by God to reform this Country even a blind man could easily discerns this,I wouldn't bother to ask you what position of Leadership your supposed/acclaimed good Oratory has gotten you to in life because as @ today I'm c ock sure you aren't greater than Gej.

13 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by manmade(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2013
zenopee:
I really don't know why you are finding faults in my spellings. I wonder if there really I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ anything wrong in abbreviating some few words? Afterall, this I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a social media site. I have got the license to express myself in whatever way.
If @ your age and your level of education, you don't know the difference between WORD and WORK then you have no moral justification to insult Gej on the issue @ hand.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by joseph1832(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2013
Emzybrown: 99% very impressive and in sighting media chart..... indeed the best president so far in Nigeria.
If you truly believe in what you wrote up here then I believe you weren't paying attention during the duration of the PMC.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by JMOI: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2013
Why won't you guys let Mr. President be? Everyone cannot be a good orator. GEJ is clearly not a good orator and he is often ill at ease in interviews. Let's not judge him based on his interviews and media chats. Let's judge him based on his performance and intentions.

10 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by IamDrock(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2013
EITHER POOR OR GREAT.. ALL I KNOW IS THAT HE IS STILL OUR PRESIDENT!

10 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Ajibel(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2013
I'm not a GEJist cuz he has failed me 100% by not providing me adequate power supply via his reforms nevertheless, you mustn't be a great speaker to be a leader. I couldnt watch the media chat doe thanks to GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Slyr0x: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ portrayed the decorum of a simpleton

2 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by EndTimeThings: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2013
one day GEJ will face what we're currently doing to sexkillz

#teamsexkillzmustgo
https://www.nairaland.com/1458977/sexkillz-must-go/9

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by cashkid18(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2013
very impressive at least hvin d courage to host unlike obj dt did nt host it in his entire tenure..dis shows dt he is workin n he knows dt he is workin dts y he did it
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by moscobabs(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by gen2briz(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Booking space. .... Back to kitchen my Indomie must not burn

1 Like

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2013
impressive
Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by oladapoa1(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2013
The only suprised i had was when he said poverty wasnt the cause of terrorism and that corruption is not the number 1 priority to tackle..he said its infrastructure.,PHCN took their tin

4 Likes

Re: Will You Rate President Jonathan's Media Chat Poor Or Impressive? by tbaba1234: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Quite horrific to be honest. How can we expect the president to deal with corruption when he is out of touch with the scale of the problem? Perception indeed!!

Thoroughly disappointed.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother / Jim Nwobodo: It Is The Right Of The Igbo To Produce The President / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.